Wii U Page 438

  • Page

    of 1345 First / Last

  • Psychotext 22 Jan 2013 17:23:54 53,806 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If Nintendo release Wii Fit U in the first year they're utterly fucking retarded. It wont sell to the hardcore and the casuals wont buy a console for it (especially as the last version likely hasn't been used in a couple of years now).

    It needs to come out later when the machine is a little cheaper or they've got more family friendly stuff to pull the casuals in.
  • Cappy 22 Jan 2013 17:37:20 11,829 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hasn't Kinect already started to overtake the dance and fitness sector of the market?
  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 17:40:49 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anecdotally, the mrs has switched her workout allegiances to kinect. Other than weighing you, the stuff on kinect is much better at giving you a decent workout and making sure you are doing it properly, so the wii is now 100% redundant.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • roz123 22 Jan 2013 17:40:53 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm surprised no one has made a balance board rip off for the ipad/iphone yet.
  • byron_hinson 22 Jan 2013 17:51:34 1,509 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Hasn't Kinect already started to overtake the dance and fitness sector of the market?
    Only for single players in the UK who might just have a room to manage it
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 18:15:43 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:The reason you haven't got more release dates for new games is the simple, obvious one, Nintendo don't have anything else ready yet because they wanted to get their platform on the market first.
    So, the Nintendo Direct tomorrow afternoon for new WiiU games will not include any new WiiU games?
    Nobody is saying that.
    So they do have software then ?
    Make your mind up.
    In what way does that statement suggest there won't be any releases announced this year?

    They definitely don't have much to show right now, why else would they launch with a sidescroller rehash and a mini-game collection?
    You clearly state (and have done before) that there are no games announced for this year because they don't have them, resources stretched, bad planning etc.
    We'll find out tomorrow what more they have in store, they've consistently used Nintendo Direct and announced things late in the development cycle but in EG forumland hyperbole is king, there's not much announced for 2013, not because they haven't announced anything yet but because THEY HAVE NO GAMES, DISASTER, CATASTROPHE etc..

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Cappy 22 Jan 2013 18:28:27 11,829 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Since when does no games ready yet mean no games announced this year, you loon?
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 18:29:29 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Since when does no games ready yet mean no games announced this year, you loon?
    Just type "I was wrong."
    It's dead easy.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Cappy 22 Jan 2013 18:37:14 11,829 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seriously. You are mentally ill.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 18:38:00 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Seriously. You are mentally ill.
    You can do it, after me..

    "I was..."

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 19:49:22 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's this about an announcement tomorrow?
  • ronuds 22 Jan 2013 19:50:25 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cappy is right and hasn't said what you're implying he's said.
  • roz123 22 Jan 2013 19:50:49 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They are doing a Nintendo direct at 2pm
  • Gregolution 22 Jan 2013 19:56:05 3,164 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't know what a nintendo direct is, but I guess it's some sort of press release where they could announce some games?

    If so... great. Look forward to it! Give me Zelda and Mario Galaxy please.
  • Raiko101 22 Jan 2013 20:35:09 6,056 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They came out a few years ago. I'd like to hear about what Retro and Monoloft are up to.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Razz 22 Jan 2013 21:30:17 60,760 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't miss Nintendo Direct Tomrrow!

    UJnfortunately the discussion thread has been locked, but I'm sure we can discuss it here tomorrow.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 21:32:23
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Seriously. You are mentally ill.
    You can do it, after me..

    "I was..."
    Once investigated by the police but all the witnesses were too scared to see my melting face again so they withdrew their allegations.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 21:34:32 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Don't miss Nintendo Direct Tomrrow!

    UJnfortunately the discussion thread has been locked, but I'm sure we can discuss it here tomorrow.
    Unbelievable modding yet again, I wonder who locked it.
    A thread which succeeds in informing someone about some interesting gaming is jumped up by EGs little lynch mob, this place is pointless now.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • DFawkes 22 Jan 2013 21:38:26 22,588 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You have to admit, it was a pointless thread. We have a Wii U one. We have a "The Bomb" one.

    And as much as I still like you ecosse, playing the victim all the time is getting a tad tiresome. So please just don't. Or do, I'm not the boss of you. Or anyone, for that matter :)

    Sorry, OT there, I was going to ask if anyone would be crazy enough to have attempted to connect to a VGA monitor via an adapter? I use a VGA cable on my Wii just now, but I can't see that type of solution working again so will probably have to use a converter box. Any idea? Outside of buying a monitor that isn't so old it only has a VGA input, obviously.

    Edited by DFawkes at 21:40:15 22-01-2013

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 21:40:37 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    You have to admit, it was a pointless thread. We have a Wii U one. We have a "The Bomb" one.

    And as much as I still like you ecosse, playing the victim all the time is getting a tad tiresome. So please just don't. Or do, I'm not the boss of you. Or anyone, for that matter :)
    I forgot about them, ta.
    I'm not playing the victim it just pisses me off to see the usual group of arseholes run off to their mod just to be spiteful.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 21:41:14 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Buy a decent monitor with HDMI, simple as that, won't cost much either...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 21:43:12
    But we're all on ignore.

    Something is amiss here.
  • DFawkes 22 Jan 2013 21:47:14 22,588 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Buy a decent monitor with HDMI, simple as that, won't cost much either...
    Just now I can either save up for a monitor or a Wii U, so I'm going for the console first, as stupid an order as that may be :p The logic being that I can always plug the Wii U into the Living Room TV and use that until I save up for the monitor. It's just that, if there's a stopgap solution to get it working in my room straight away for 20ish, I'd go for that.

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 21:49:11 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Buy a decent monitor with HDMI, simple as that, won't cost much either...
    Just now I can either save up for a monitor or a Wii U, so I'm going for the console first, as stupid an order as that may be :p The logic being that I can always plug the Wii U into the Living Room TV and use that until I save up for the monitor. It's just that, if there's a stopgap solution to get it working in my room straight away for 20ish, I'd go for that.
    You'll be able to get an adaptor but you're screwed for sound AFAIK.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Razz 22 Jan 2013 21:51:55 60,760 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Don't miss Nintendo Direct Tomrrow!

    UJnfortunately the discussion thread has been locked, but I'm sure we can discuss it here tomorrow.
    A thread which succeeds in informing someone about some interesting gaming is jumped up by EGs little lynch mob, this place is pointless now.
    I know you were excited, but you probably shouldn't have posted all those gifs mate. Also, don't let the trolls bother you, stiff upper lip and all that. Don't let them illicit a response out of you, just regard them for what they are, idiots. The Eurogamer forum was once a great friendly place and it will be again. You got to ride out these dark times because soon brother, we will see the light again.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • DFawkes 22 Jan 2013 21:52:26 22,588 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, I never thought about that sound issue. You make a good point, I forgot my Wii VGA cable had the sound bit built in, so a converter is no good without that.

    Looks like I'll go with the new monitor/TV approach then. Cheers :)

    Edited by DFawkes at 21:52:52 22-01-2013

    I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 22:00:00 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Don't miss Nintendo Direct Tomrrow!

    UJnfortunately the discussion thread has been locked, but I'm sure we can discuss it here tomorrow.
    A thread which succeeds in informing someone about some interesting gaming is jumped up by EGs little lynch mob, this place is pointless now.
    I know you were excited, but you probably shouldn't have posted all those gifs mate. Also, don't let the trolls bother you, stiff upper lip and all that. Don't let them illicit a response out of you, just regard them for what they are, idiots. The Eurogamer forum was once a great friendly place and it will be again. You got to ride out these dark times because soon brother, we will see the light again.
    It's a bit of harmless fun mate (the gifs), I hope you're right about a new dawn but I'm losing my faith.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Lexx87 22 Jan 2013 22:01:55 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz is on the happy weed

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • richardiox 22 Jan 2013 22:23:18 5,541 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the latest "mega bomb" thread was posted in a take-the-piss spirit but seemingly it was actually genuine?!
    Why not wait til tomorrow and start threads for the new games that should get announced?

    Clearly was designed to provoke though..why is every Nintendo announcement described as "megaton" if for no other reason to get people's backs up.

    It's totally cringeworthy if nothing else.

    Edited by richardiox at 22:24:45 22-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 22:28:21 10,260 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    I thought the latest "mega bomb" thread was posted in a take-the-piss spirit but seemingly it was actually genuine?!
    Why not wait til tomorrow and start threads for the new games that should get announced?

    Clearly was designed to provoke though..why is every Nintendo announcement described as "megaton" if for no other reason to get people's backs up.

    It's totally cringeworthy if nothing else.
    How on earth could it be serious?
    As with all the bomb threads it's a bit of fun hence the silly gifs,

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Page

    of 1345 First / Last

Log in or register to reply