Wii U Page 435

• Page

of 1346 First / Last

• StevilKnevil 21 Jan 2013 14:08:55 310 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RyanDS

Have you tried just turning the volume down on the gamepad and er, not looking at it?!

Taping cardboard over it? Seriously? :)

GT: SteviL UK PSN: SJM2007

• Ultrasoundwave 21 Jan 2013 14:08:55 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I must be lucky as mine hasn't crashed at all so far.
    I wonder if it's restricted to certain production runs...
    My big complaint about the console is that the pad ruins gaming on the TV in MNSMBU. I've ended up having to tape cardboard over the screen when I play otherwise it is so distracting. There should be a way to turn off the screen when not needed.
    Could you not just......turn it away from you?, or put if face-down somewhere?, or put it in a cupboard?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 14:11:32 9,058 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    My big complaint about the console is that the pad ruins gaming on the TV in MNSMBU. I've ended up having to tape cardboard over the screen when I play otherwise it is so distracting. There should be a way to turn off the screen when not needed.
    Could you not just......turn it away from you?, or put if face-down somewhere?, or put it in a cupboard?
    You need it to control the game. Unless you use the hateful wiimotes. For some reason the pro controller despite having all the buttons etc doesn't work on the game.
  • binky Moderator 21 Jan 2013 14:14:19 9,435 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great feedback guys, thanks for the comments.

There's a slight temptation in me to pick one up with a few trades (including maybe, possibly a vita). Still think that waiting for a price drop or a revision might be in order. Also - Wiimotes. I really don't like them.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 14:14:32 10,266 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You need it to control the game. Unless you use the hateful wiimotes. For some reason the pro controller despite having all the buttons etc doesn't work on the game.
    They really should patch that, it's a bit ridiculous.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• binky Moderator 21 Jan 2013 14:23:16 9,435 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Both those points are a bit silly actually. Not being able to turn the screen off, and not being able to use a standard (pro) controller for NSMB... hmm.
  • nickthegun 21 Jan 2013 14:25:36 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Be sure to base any potential purchasing decision on the length of peoples activity logs.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 14:30:45 10,266 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Great feedback guys, thanks for the comments.

There's a slight temptation in me to pick one up with a few trades (including maybe, possibly a vita). Still think that waiting for a price drop or a revision might be in order. Also - Wiimotes. I really don't like them.
    I wouldn't expect a revision anytime soon but haven't prices dropped loads anyway?

My opinion :

+ Controller is excellent
    + Nintendoland is a blast
    + NSMB WiiU looks lovely and is much better than the Wii NSMB game
    + ZombiU is refreshing and very good.
    + Trine 2 and Nano Assault are gorgeous download titles
    + EShop works perfectly and looks nice, could just be faster.
    + Miiverse is great

- No truly mindblowing software so far
    - Menu transitions are too slow
    - Louder than it should be
    - Battery Life of Gamepad is poor

• Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 14:31:30 10,266 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Both those points are a bit silly actually. Not being able to turn the screen off, and not being able to use a standard (pro) controller for NSMB... hmm.
    Yep, especially as it would require very little effort to correct them.

• RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 14:41:58 9,058 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    binky wrote:
    If the screen is not used for the game I don 't see why you shouldn't be able to turn it off. Especially is it would probably make battery life much better.
  • CharlieStCloud 21 Jan 2013 16:54:59 5,050 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I wouldn't expect a revision anytime soon but haven't prices dropped loads anyway?
    Yes, but not enough!

You can purchase the basic pack on Amazon for 229, which I think is still 30 too much anyway.

I was thoroughly impressed by the eShop on the Wii U however, quite a lot of games are over 10 and doesn't even have a demo to try so, it is a fair bit to cough up without trying (a game) first.

Most XBLA games are 800 points, which is 7 ... Trine 2 is 7 on the Xbox 360 compared to 11 on the Wii U!

I am a bit of a Nintendo fan at heart as I wubbed the N64 and GameCube, but I do not have very much love towards the Wii U at present.

*sad panda*

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 16:58:00 21-01-2013
  • jellyhead 21 Jan 2013 16:58:43 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, the eShop is a bit of a con at the moment. I'll probably buy The Cave this week though and maybe get Trine 2 but no way am i spending more than 20 for an eShop game especially not paying 50 for a game i can get at retail for 35! LOL!

This signature intentionally left blank.

• RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 17:00:56 9,058 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh, my other big gripe.

Until they bring in an account system like Live or PSN I will never buy digital. If I sell my console, then buy a new one at a later date I expect to be able to redownload the games, not have to rebuy them.
  • jellyhead 21 Jan 2013 17:05:11 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What RyanDS said. I forgot to mention that in my reply. There's no real point in paying good money for Nintendo eShop DD at the moment when it's overpriced and their account system is a joke.

• Psychotext 21 Jan 2013 17:06:58 53,808 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Yes, but not enough!
    Right now it needs a game and a price drop. Even with the small drops there's still no sign of it selling in the UK.
  • CharlieStCloud 21 Jan 2013 17:12:00 5,050 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Right now it needs a game and a price drop. Even with the small drops there's still no sign of it selling in the UK.
    The perfect bundle at present would to offer the basic pack, which includes Nintendo Land, for 199 ... and come this Christmas if/when the other two release their new consoles, drop it to the same price the Wii started it's life - 179!
  • beastmaster 21 Jan 2013 17:24:04 11,167 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's just a case of waiting till there's more decent software on it for me. I had one on pre-order and was ready for a day 1 release. Yet something stopped me about a week before launch.

The reason I pre-ordered it was the announcement of Bayonetta 2. I'll end up waiting for that and by that time, there should be a lot more titles available.

From what I've seen and read, it looks pretty decent. There's just not enough. Ports I'm not interested in as I've got a PS3/360. It'll be the Wii U exclusives but it needs a lot more.

Looking from then recent comments and people talking about games on the Wii that they are playing on Wii U (no matter how good) emphasises that there's just not enough out there at the moment.

Nintendo need to announce some more games pretty soon. When it does though, much as though it'll be great for current owners, I think the new consoles from Sony and MS will totally blow it away.

Yes, I know gameplay in king etc. but you want to have a machine that can

a) have the capacity to handle new gaming innovations technically
    b) have the support
    c) have the games

Although the Wii U has a) the fact it still uses/needs old waggle hardware puts me right off. I hated it on the Wii and that's another thing that puts me right off.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Youthist 22 Jan 2013 10:44:31 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone needs to let Nintendo know there is fuck all point in buying a console with no games. And no games on the horizon.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• JuanKerr 22 Jan 2013 10:52:36 36,196 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Drop them an email.
  • Youthist 22 Jan 2013 10:55:15 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Top idea. What is their email address?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• RyanDS 22 Jan 2013 10:57:10 9,058 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Someone needs to let Nintendo know there is fuck all point in buying a console with no games. And no games on the horizon.
    Why? That strategy worked very well for the Wii.
  • jellyhead 22 Jan 2013 10:59:29 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm tempted to get The Cave and Trine 2 on eShop this week as they are cheap. Though i am on the fence about getting the PC version of The Cave instead.
    I came off my bike this morning on black-ice and i've a baddy thumb and grazed knee so i fancy some retail-therapy :)

• Youthist 22 Jan 2013 10:59:52 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They did actually release games for the Wii - apart from that, you are right!

• MatMan562 22 Jan 2013 11:01:55 2,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Until yesterday, I hadn't played the Wii U properly since sround Christmas time when I took it out of it's usual room. I've basically got to the point in each game where I feel satisfied with how far i've got/ how much i've done. I don't regret buying it at all but it definitely needs some new games. Rayman can't come soon enough.

Does anyone remember what time the eshop usually updates? I'm waiting for The Cave.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• RyanDS 22 Jan 2013 11:05:11 9,058 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    They did actually release games for the Wii - apart from that, you are right!
    Not for the first 2 years though, same as the 3DS for the first year.
  • Luckyjim 22 Jan 2013 11:09:13 2,871 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My suspicion is they're holding back announcements for E3 so they stand some chance against Sony and Microsoft's new console unveilings.

The only big title they've pre-announced is Pokemon, but that was probably calculated - 10 months of pester power to get a 3DS for Christmas.
  • jellyhead 22 Jan 2013 11:14:23 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nintendo's apathy towards the new console is really frustrating.

• Armoured_Bear 22 Jan 2013 11:17:50 10,266 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    My suspicion is they're holding back announcements for E3 so they stand some chance against Sony and Microsoft's new console unveilings.
    Without a doubt, they've often announced titles relatively late during the last few years, especially since the advent of Nintendo Direct.

• Kay 22 Jan 2013 11:19:56 17,761 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Cappy 22 Jan 2013 11:20:51 11,830 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What would be the point of Nintendo clashing head on with everybody else at E3? They'll be fighting to get attention and media coverage versus getting 100% of the attention announcing stuff now.

The reason you haven't got more release dates for new games is the simple, obvious one, Nintendo don't have anything else ready yet because they wanted to get their platform on the market first.

Same story as the 3DS, which resulted in a flimsy bit of narrative from fans, Nintendo just wanted to give third parties a chance and those bastards let them down, again! That's why I've got a platform with few games, it's not Nintendo's fault!
  • Page

of 1346 First / Last