Wii U Page 430

• Page

of 1348 First / Last

• nickthegun 11 Jan 2013 09:37:57 58,920 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, the only things I watched over christmas were documentaries about jimmy saville, so that may explain it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• JuanKerr 11 Jan 2013 09:42:47 36,205 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

/applauds

Edited by JuanKerr at 09:43:20 11-01-2013
  • Youthist 11 Jan 2013 09:56:08 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got my Wii U delivered on launch day. It is still in its courier box unopened in the loft. What do I win?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• JuanKerr 11 Jan 2013 10:04:24 36,205 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A handjob.
  • Youthist 11 Jan 2013 10:04:48 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who from

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Blakester 11 Jan 2013 10:05:03 3,580 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Who from
    Miyamoto

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• beastmaster 11 Jan 2013 10:15:08 11,199 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do people still think it's a new controller?

This is Ninty's biggest mistake. Should have dropped the Wii name totally or just put a 2 after it.

Is E3 the next big show? No new game announcements till then.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 10:22:05
    Youthist wrote:
    I got my Wii U delivered on launch day. It is still in its courier box unopened in the loft. What do I win?
    What?

You bought something just to put in your loft. Are you insane?
  • jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 10:30:09 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He loves it so much he doesn't want to sully it by opening it perhaps?

I've done my bit for the cause. My ZombiU Premium pack and Nintendoland should be turning up between 2pm & 3pm today.

Might pop out and buy Sonic Racing too. I've heard it's a laugh.

How does the account system (not) work?
    Do i create a 'master' account and attach an NNID to it?
    Can i attach multiple NNIDs to one account?

How would i set it up for myself and two housemates?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Youthist 11 Jan 2013 10:32:20 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    What?

No, just not got around to playing it / opening it. Was actually waiting to see if it sold out over xmas and might have flogged it on ebay if the demand was high enough.

As it is, the demand is non-existent and the arse has fallen out of the Wii U ebay market. So I have my Wii U but nothing of interest to play on it, and if I flog it, I will probably lose about 40.

So let that be a lesson to us all!

• vyseofhr 11 Jan 2013 10:36:46 818 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    What?

No, just not got around to playing it / opening it. Was actually waiting to see if it sold out over xmas and might have flogged it on ebay if the demand was high enough.

As it is, the demand is non-existent and the arse has fallen out of the Wii U ebay market. So I have my Wii U but nothing of interest to play on it, and if I flog it, I will probably lose about 40.

So let that be a lesson to us all!
    That story warms my cockles ;)

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Raiko101 11 Jan 2013 10:48:31 6,098 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jellyhead You can only attach one NNID to a single account, but you can have 10 - 12 accounts, each with their own NNID. Game downloads are still tied to the console, but if you download something, your friend will be able to play it too.

Also, there is currently no way of transfering an NNID to a new console unless the console has been reported to Nintendo as stolen, or broken. Whether or not they'll transfer your games in such cases, I don't know. :/

Edited by Raiko101 at 10:49:17 11-01-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 10:49:09
    Oh, you're one of those mercenary types.....

I'm seriously thinking about getting one sooner rather than later (end of month pay day) but I think it will have to be the pauper white edition as the one I really want, the ZombiU pack is just too far out of my comfort zone. It's ridiculously expensive.

Ideally I want to spend no more than 250 and get a game with it, hopefully ZombiU.

With the basic console, is there anything I'm missing out on that is absolutely vital to the console? I take it the gamepad has a rechargeable battery as standard. I can deal with the smaller HD as the Wii U will probably be my second console to my x360.
  • Raiko101 11 Jan 2013 10:55:47 6,098 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @AdamAsunder If you intend to get Nintendo Land at some point, just get that bundle instead. You'll get a cradle to recharge the gamepad, which is also handy for putting the thing down on when you're not using it. You'll also get a sensor bar packed in, which will enable backwards compatibility with the Wii, if that appeals to you.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 11:02:09
    The basic doesn't have the sensor bar? Hmm, I was interested in playing some of the Wii games I'd missed out on like Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword so it definitely appeals.

If my girlfriend is willing to put some money in then I might just end up getting the ZombiU pack and be poor for a month. I've got a week off beginning of February to get truly accustomed to it.

I'm seeing 339 on the Currys site for the ZombiU, anyone have any better places? I've tried Shopto but I can't seem to find a pack without bundled games.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 11:04:46 11-01-2013
  • jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 11:03:08 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought the basic edition did not come with a Wii sensor bar etc and was for people who already had a Wii?

Or does the Wii-U not need a sensor bar?

Wii-U Basic:

8 GB memory
    Wii U Console in White
    Wii U GamePad in White
    Wii U AC Adapter
    Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
    High Speed HDMI Cable
    Wii U Stylus
    Wii-U Premium:

Wii U Console (Black)
    Wii U Game Pad (Black)
    HDMI Cable
    32Gb Hardrive
    Wii Sensor Bar
    2 x AC Adaptor
    Console Stand
    Game Pad Stand
    Nintendo Land Game
    ZombiU Premium:

Wii U Console (Black)
    Wii U Game Pad (Black)
    HDMI Cable
    32Gb Hardrive
    Wii Sensor Bar
    2 x AC Adaptor
    Console Stand
    Game Pad Stand
    Pro Control Pad
    Zombie U Game

• jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 11:04:59 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    I'm seeing 339 on the Currys site for the ZombiU, anyone have any better places? I've tried Shopto but I can't seem to find a pack without bundled games.
    ShopTo - ZombiU Premium Pack - 299

Premium Wii-U
    ZombiU game
    GamePro Controller

It's the one i've gone for.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 11:11:27
    Aha, thanks Jelly. If my GF can chip in a bit then I'll probably go for that then.

The packed in pro pad sweetens the deal, even if I'm going to end up getting Wii motes too.

It's going to be an expensive year for hardware this year.
  • Raiko101 11 Jan 2013 11:12:47 6,098 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Wii U doesn't need a sensor bar for any of games out at the moment. It uses motion plus for aiming, somehow.

• Raiko101 11 Jan 2013 11:15:40 6,098 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @AdamAsunder Just make a note of the games that support the Pro controller. Believe it or not, it's not compatible with New Super Mario Bros U, has no use in Nintendo Land and can only be used for multiplayer in ZombiU. It's fully compatible with Assassin's Creed 3, BLOPS 2 and the Sonic racing game though.

• jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 11:16:12 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They have the Nintendoland Premium bundle for 284 too but i wanted the pro controller.

• Psychotext 11 Jan 2013 13:12:09 53,855 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

This is Ninty's biggest mistake. Should have dropped the Wii name totally or just put a 2 after it.
    Take a look at Nintendo's Wii U page... it's purest idiocy:

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/compare/
  • dazcox5181 11 Jan 2013 13:16:50 292 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @AdamAsunder - Hoping to grab my Wii U later too (just getting basic pack as not paid till 25th...) and was planning on getting ZombiU- 259 in Game I think (got some points to use and few games to trade) Should be able to stretch to Nintendoland as well I hope.

I already have a Wii and few controllers so that's why I'm not going premium

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• GuiltySpark 11 Jan 2013 13:43:37 6,325 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played on the Wii U for about two days now, so first impressions really. I've been bitching about it the same as everyone else has, but let's face it: all the things you're saying are pretty theoretical until you can actually properly use it, and ultimately see how it affects you.

The controller looks and feels pretty hideous and cheap at first. You quickly get over it but it feels more like a toy than anything else I've paid 300 quid for. I definitely will not be playing anything like Halo or COD on this things - but that's not why I bought it.

Luckily, the screen on it is excellent. There's definitely a bit of a wow factor there. Resistive gets a bit of getting used to again due to our phones being capacitive for a while now, but whatever, it's not a problem.

What is a problem however is something like Nintendoland. There's major fun to be had here, and the gamepad is pretty much a stroke of genius within some of the games. It may be a novelty, but it feels different than anything I've really played. It's just those little touches that's hard to put your finger on.

The problem arises when I can't play two of the damn mini games because I don't have motion plus. What the utter fuck? Luckily I have some Wiimotes, but with the Wii being pretty dire in terms of games for me, there's no reason why I'd have motion plus, let alone MULTIPLE ones. This is a NEW console Nintendo ffs.

ZombiU is good, but feels like a launch game - potential to be had, but not quite reaching it. Scanning the environments is a hassle as well, it's just something they threw in there to make use of the gamepad. Ubisoft all over then, really.

Battery life is complete wank also, and it definitely needs sorting. The Miiverse looks interesting but it is still not up to something like Xbox Live which is fully integrated into the way we used our 360s - the Miiverse feels like a pretty distraction.

So yeah. Overall, I am really liking it, I don't necessarily take back anything that I've said but the vitriol really isn't needed.

It's a competent console.

Get bent.

• Bremenacht 11 Jan 2013 13:51:22 17,614 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, they've got less than a year now to get the games in place that'll turn in from an occasional novelty into a device that has longevity.

I noticed on the news that the Japanese are looking to devalue the Yen, which might result in a timely price-cut for the Wii U within the next year.
  • Gregolution 11 Jan 2013 14:02:40 3,171 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

I agree. Most of the people I've spoken to at the office about the wii u ask me if it's an attachment for the wii. Hardly anyone knows Nintendo have released a new console, mental.

Wii 2 would have made it fairly obvious.
  • DFawkes 11 Jan 2013 14:11:22 22,619 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for that write up GuiltySpark :) I didn't realise MotionPlus would be mandatory. Despite still loving my Wii, I never bothered with getting any as none of my games require it, so I'll have to invest in a couple.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Blakester 11 Jan 2013 15:00:02 3,580 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

I agree. Most of the people I've spoken to at the office about the wii u ask me if it's an attachment for the wii. Hardly anyone knows Nintendo have released a new console, mental.

Wii 2 would have made it fairly obvious.
    I think the message is gradually getting across, but I agree they did make it needlessly difficult for themselves.

Talking to the fellow (non-gaming) dads at football practice prior to Xmas, the majority of them didn't know what a Wii U was, and those that had heard of it did indeed think it was a tablet peripheral.

Post-Xmas they all know it's a new console but there is still confusion as to what improvements it makes over the original. Of the few who came round to see what the fuss was about, all of them were most bowled over by the graphical improvement rather than the gamepad.

For the casual audience who haven't seen an 360 or PS3, this could well be the decider, so maybe a bit strange that Nintendo haven't pushed that a bit harder.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Pinky_Floyd 11 Jan 2013 15:01:16 7,473 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Well, they've got less than a year now to get the games in place that'll turn in from an occasional novelty into a device that has longevity.

I noticed on the news that the Japanese are looking to devalue the Yen, which might result in a timely price-cut for the Wii U within the next year.
    Possibly now that the xmas launch window is over and the typical new year behaviour of folk is to tighten their belts, Nintendo may be forced to cut prices sooner rather than later whether the yen is devalued or not.

Not that this is a big deal given that its obviously priced high enough to accommodate a price cut yet still be profitable.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2013 21:06:50
    Raiko101 wrote:
    @AdamAsunder Just make a note of the games that support the Pro controller. Believe it or not, it's not compatible with New Super Mario Bros U, has no use in Nintendo Land and can only be used for multiplayer in ZombiU. It's fully compatible with Assassin's Creed 3, BLOPS 2 and the Sonic racing game though.
    The pro can't be used in Mario? Is this some kind of sick joke? The peripherals, or rather the use of is a bloody mess. I'm going to end up with a living room full of shit at this rate. And I've already got Xbox controllers, chat pads and head sets all over the place.

Nintendo better pull some stellar games out of their collective arses.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 21:15:11 11-01-2013
  • Page

of 1348 First / Last