Wii U Page 421

• Page

of 1357 First / Last

• NOSAVIOUR 6 Jan 2013 08:16:47 2,804 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution it's not just families though (though had loads of fun with them since buying) but friends who don't like video games, friends that love Xbox, PS3, PC gaming. We've had such an eclectic mix of nights with different friends over the Christmas period and on booting the Wii U up for each of them to show them its turned into a night full event of laughter and fun. That's never happened with any other my other systems bar the original Wii to a certain extent but not on this level of entertainment. Anyone trolling here or slating the Wii U are retards.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 08:36:33
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I layed loads of Nintendoland with my nephews yesterday.
    Zelda was clearly the most popular, great fun!
    "Nephews"
  • PrivateFloyd 6 Jan 2013 09:11:48 4,115 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Managed to get some playtime last night with the wife away.

ZombiU - I'm a fucking pussy when it comes to scary games, the bit where you enter the supermarket and the alarm goes off, all reason went out the window and i died pretty quick. need to man up. Going back for round 2 tonight.

Rayman Legends Demo - echoing the sentiment of others but the castle rock level is utter genius. Big fat grin on my face the whole time. It really is a beautiful looking game too.

Mario U - Not clicked with me yet, same old formula from what i can tell. only on the first "world" though. Its nice being able to play directly from the game pad as well. That reminds me I need to check the reach of that thing....

Goat is hungry.....

• rodbull 6 Jan 2013 11:38:47 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Where can I buy a us NTSC wii U in the uk?

The reason I have a great collection of us NTSC wii titles.

Edited by rodbull at 11:39:28 06-01-2013
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 11:39:45
    Just buy a uk version and mod it.
  • rodbull 6 Jan 2013 11:44:18 39 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Can they be modded if so how?
  • GuiltySpark 7 Jan 2013 11:51:48 6,362 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah so, bought a Wii U. I'll let you know in a couple of months whether or not it was a massive mistake.

Get bent.

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2013 12:13:37 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rodbull wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    He means a UK Wii not WiiU.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• THFourteen 7 Jan 2013 12:16:06 33,186 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Yeah so, bought a Wii U. I'll let you know in a couple of months whether or not it was a massive mistake.
    I can let you know now if you like, or do you not want spoilers
  • nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 12:17:38 59,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    rodbull wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    He means a UK Wii not WiiU.
    No, he means a UK WII U. The geniuses at nintendo havent properly patched out the exploits for the Wii BC.

Come on ecosse, this kind of thing used to be bread and butter for you.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2013 12:18:31 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Stop being a cunt please.

• Deckard1 7 Jan 2013 12:19:45 27,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Since he became the UK rep for NAMBLA he just doesn't have the time anymore.

Hush you ponce

• kalel 7 Jan 2013 12:21:01 86,962 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just been reading some very interesting research at work about "Diffusion of innovations" and what makes up the mind state of an early adopter.

I suppose it's all quite obvious really, but early-adopters are basically highly emotional purchasers, and make decisions based on imagined and theorised beliefs of the emotional benefits of the things they buy.
  • Blakester 7 Jan 2013 12:25:28 3,597 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    A new console is obviously a unique experience for everyone, but in our house it's been a massive success.

Over the Xmas period we put in over 30 hours, compared to the 4 on the Xbox (and I had Far Cry 3 and Dishonoured to play on that). I do think though that it works best as a group experience, and buying it as a solo experience is more questionable.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• GuiltySpark 7 Jan 2013 12:26:40 6,362 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Well considering I hated the idea of the Wii U not long ago, once my essays are finished I'll have a 5 minute play on it, and then decide which of you is the cunt.

Sound fair?

Get bent.

• nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 12:27:04 59,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you put more hours into a shiny new console than a six year old part of the furniture? I am shocked.

He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2013 12:29:13 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Just been reading some very interesting research at work about "Diffusion of innovations" and what makes up the mind state of an early adopter.

I suppose it's all quite obvious really, but early-adopters are basically highly emotional purchasers, and make decisions based on imagined and theorised beliefs of the emotional benefits of the things they buy.
    At what point do the foaming at the mouth brigade (let's ignore any logic in their think as there can't be any) become rational, logical customers?
    3 months? 6? 1 year?

• Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2013 12:30:15 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Well considering I hated the idea of the Wii U not long ago, once my essays are finished I'll have a 5 minute play on it, and then decide which of you is the cunt.

Sound fair?
    No need, we're both cunts but in different ways.

• THFourteen 7 Jan 2013 12:31:55 33,186 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Since he became the UK rep for NAMBLA he just doesn't have the time anymore.
    LOL i had to look up NAMBLA.
  • Psychotext 7 Jan 2013 12:33:17 53,946 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    I do think though that it works best as a group experience, and buying it as a solo experience is more questionable.
    Makes sense. I only ever used the Wii at family gatherings.
  • nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 12:33:33 59,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldnt want to be your works traffic log.

He totally called it

• kalel 7 Jan 2013 12:36:07 86,962 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    kalel wrote:

At what point do the foaming at the mouth brigade (let's ignore any logic in their think as there can't be any) become rational, logical customers?
    3 months? 6? 1 year?
    Well, it's a theory based on market share, so it depends on how long the lifespan of the thing is. The first 2.5% make up the "Innovators" who are essentially buying it because it is literally the latest thing, then the next 13.5% make up "early adopters" who are again buying it based on imagined benefits.

But yeah, I guess if you assue the average console lasts around 5 years then I suppose you can start to make an informed purchase after around 10-15% of that time.
  • LeoliansBro 7 Jan 2013 12:39:13 43,816 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse, they probably become rational at the point when the console becomes objectively worth buying.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 7 Jan 2013 12:41:58 86,962 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Something can never be objectively worth buying can it?

Anyway, I'd have said a year is probably the tipping point at which you can make a rational decision on buying a console. That's usually when the "majority purchasers" seem to kick in (which is what comes after early adopters).
  • nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 12:43:08 59,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A year, certainly, is the point where we can declare a purchase of the vita 'insanity'.

He totally called it

• SirScratchalot 7 Jan 2013 12:44:13 7,872 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Honestly I think none of the consoles I've owned have hit their stride until around the middle of the second year. I remember my 360 being an absolute wasteland of neglect after the first year while waiting for more stuff that interested me. Same with the Wii.
    On the PS3 I got in late so I never had the post release lull.
  • kalel 7 Jan 2013 12:48:32 86,962 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The second Christmas is usually the big one for sure, or at least the first big one. Those really mega releases that you bought on the console on the promise of tend to come in the November (ish) of the second year.
  • Blakester 7 Jan 2013 12:52:48 3,597 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember the 360 being a very hard purchase to justify for a good 12 months, not least because you needed to buy an HDTV to get the best out of it.

A launch line-up that included Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero was wholly uninspiring.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• nickthegun 7 Jan 2013 13:16:30 59,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For me, theres generally a game or games that sell me the console regardless. Oblivion and Dead Rising sold me the 360 (was waiting in vane for the PS3) and Ninja Gaiden sold me the xbox.

Wii Fit sold my wife the Wii.

He totally called it

• Psychotext 7 Jan 2013 13:34:36 53,946 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I bought my Wii for Pikmin. I'm a fucking moron. :(
  • Page

of 1357 First / Last