Wii U Page 420

• Page

of 1345 First / Last

• ResidentKnievel 5 Jan 2013 10:00:41 6,110 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People have been saying the EG forum has gotten worse recently since the forum began. It's always been like this, there's plenty of other forums for people who don't like their electronic goods being criticized.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• LeoliansBro 5 Jan 2013 10:13:55 43,170 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Ecosse calling other people out on trolling? Really?
    Are you seriously denying trolling the fuck out of this thread?
    I'm certainly not trolling, you seem confused.
    Trolling is when you post something deliberately inflammatory and provocative to get a rise out of someone. What I'm doing is crowing.

Alternatively, tell me which of the following are features about the Wii U that seem acceptable for a late 2012 release:

An on-purchase update that takes longer than the battery life in the gamepad.

Manually transferring your Wii games via SD card.

No centralised voice comms.

Obvious economising on the Gamepad battery unit leading to highly limited battery life.

Three new games, a Zombie game with tiny levels and much repetition, a side scrolling platformer and a collection of mini games.

Six (!) different controller options, meaning if you wanted to be ready for any potential future game release it'd costs you somewhere around £400 in controllers alone.

Multiplatform games that perform poorly next to their counterparts on 6 year old hardware. But they're not optimised! I hear you say. Well, which 3rd party developer is going to design a multiplatform game optimised for the WiiU?

A release schedule notable for its lack of releases. My word but people are hanging their hats on Pikmin being like the second coming or something.

No Mario game, no Zelda game, no Metroid game. Not even rumoured to be announced.

Put this next to a likely release for the new Xbox in less than a year and ask yourself - if you were a Nintendo executive, what would you gain by pumping more cash into this? And then ask yourself as a consumer - does it now make sense how poorly polished, poorly marketed and poorly supported this out of step console is? Who needs to troll? I'm just amazed how wrong they've got this.

PS How long did the PS2 keep going after the PS3 came out? Years? How's the release schedule for the Wii looking?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 10:20:41 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why are you obsessively repeating yourself over and over and over?
    Are you autistic?
    It's boring and pisses people off.

No-one is claiming that the machine or launch doesn't have problems, there's a list of things that have really disappointed me and many other about what Nintendo have done.

However, it's a really nice machine and my initial experience of it has been great, I'm really enjoying Nintendoland, NSMBWiiU, Trine 2 and Zombi U and the controller and miiverse is great.

BTW If you think there won't be some big announcements for 2013 games you're not being very realistic.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 5 Jan 2013 10:21:41 43,170 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bigger than the next gen of consoles?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Scurrminator 5 Jan 2013 10:27:03 8,377 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any announcements at E3 are going to be drowned out. This is a fact. The sheer amount of money the other two will throw at their new machines will be massive.
    I haven't seen one Wii u ad on tv

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• nickthegun 5 Jan 2013 10:37:36 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have. Its the one that makes NSMBU look like it controls itself while you poke at the pad like a mong, putting brightly coloured blocks in marios way.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 10:37:44
    i didnt get banned? poor show eg you cunts
  • darrenb 5 Jan 2013 10:39:04 676 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Any announcements at E3 are going to be drowned out. This is a fact. The sheer amount of money the other two will throw at their new machines will be massive.
    There have been a couple of ads.. To be honest I can't remember a Nintendo console ever having that much coverage before it already had a user base.

As for the big announcements from Sony and Microsoft, I honestly don't care if all that is offered is more of the same just more shiny. I bet most of the people criticising the wiiu will be happy if the other 2 released machines with the same controllers as before, the same multiplatform games as before that just look a bit better. If that happens it will be the first time I haven't bought a new console at launch.

I don't have time for the epic 200hr games so stuff that allows quick blasts is ideal. For me if a console has a dozen or so games I want to play in its lifetime I'm happy.
  • Raiko101 5 Jan 2013 10:39:47 6,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    * The massive update is the cause of rushing a console out for Christmas, which is indeed a massive joke.

* The Manual transfer of Wii games takes all of 15 minutes and is both easy and painless. It's actually quite an entertaining experience, too.

* The lack of centralised comms is another fair arguement. It's the one aspect from the Xbox Live service that I really miss. It should have been there from day one!

* Although short, a 3 hour battery life isn't that short. My longest stint with the gamepad, so far, has been around 6 hours and I simply plugged the thing in for the remaining 3 hours.

* ZombiU is a short game, but the execution is top notch. It's scary, atmospheric and challenging. I wouldn't say it was at all repetitive either.

* A side-scrolling platfomer may not sound technically impressive, but it's one of the most enjoyable experiences i've had this year. Ironically, my favourite 360 game this year was also a platformer.

* Nintendo Land may be a tech demo/mini-game compilation, but it's bursting with content and offers amazing value for money. It also offers a great challenge and is hilarious with friends.

* Six different controller options doesn't mean you need all 6 options. If you get a Wii remote for the Wii U you should be buying motion plus. You should be getting a nunchuck with it as standard. Granted, that's quite expensive and that's a fair arguement, however, there are many folk out there who will be bringing across existing controllers. The 2nd hand market is full of cheap ones too.

* The only two multiplatform games I own, Assassin's Creed and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, perform fine on the console. I have no complaints about their performance. What I will say is that they're probably my least two favourite games on the system so far.

* The release schedule is thin, but one imagines that is intentional to counter any console announcements at E3 this year. You can argue that i'm being hopeful here, which is far enough, but Nintendo made the mistake of announcing a ton of games for the 3DS that we didn't see at all during the first year of it's release. In fact, we're still waiting on Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion.

* We already know that a new Zelda game is in development and that given the series track record, it's going to take forever to develop. Retro Studios have also said that they're working on a new game "that everybody is wanting".

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 10:42:35
    oh i did get banned. amazing!
  • Psychotext 5 Jan 2013 10:50:07 53,788 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd say the biggest problem the Wii U has this year (aside from a lack of compelling exclusives) is that it's missing most of the big 3rd party games which are due. None of the following have Wii U versions announced:

- Army of Two: The Devilís Cartel
    - Bioshock Infinite
    - Crysis 3
    - Dead Space 3
    - Devil May Cry
    - Dragon Age
    - Fuse
    - GTA 5
    - Grid 2
    - Lost Planet 3
    - MGS: Revengeance
    - Metro: Last Light
    - South Park
    - Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    - Tekken X Street Fighter
    - Thief IV
    - Tomb Raider
    - Watch Dogs

Now they might eventually come... but at this point it's not looking good for most of those (at least for day 1 ports). That's not even an exhaustive list either.

Edited by Psychotext at 10:51:56 05-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 10:54:05 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    No you didn't, sobered up yet?

• darrenb 5 Jan 2013 10:54:25 676 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tekken / street fighter is prob the only one on that list id have been interested in...
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jan 2013 10:56:15 37,302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @CrispyXUK If you feel it wasn't long enough I can put you back on GI. To be fair, it would have been longer but I'm going out now and didn't want to forget to let you back in :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 10:59:14 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    The advertising has been minimal but judging by the Wii and 3DS that won't last.

To reply to LB, what does "bigger" mean?
    Metroid Prime 4 would be bigger to me than pretty much anything, far more interesting that Gears 4 for example, yet many will say the opposite.

• Psychotext 5 Jan 2013 10:59:34 53,788 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darrenb wrote:
    Tekken / street fighter is prob the only one on that list id have been interested in...
    For me I'd say:

- Bioshock Infinite
    - Crysis 3
    - Dragon Age
    - GTA 5
    - Grid 2
    - South Park
    - Thief IV
    - Watch Dogs
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 11:02:13 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    darrenb wrote:
    For me I'd say:

- Bioshock Infinite
    - Crysis 3
    - Dragon Age
    - GTA 5
    - Grid 2
    - South Park
    - Thief IV
    - Watch Dogs
    I'm interested in a few of them but if you have a gaming PC consoles are only of interest for exclusives

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 11:06:01
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    No you didn't, sobered up yet?
    i was sober, just testing how much trolling you have to do to get banned
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 11:07:16
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    @CrispyXUK If you feel it wasn't long enough I can put you back on GI. To be fair, it would have been longer but I'm going out now and didn't want to forget to let you back in :)
    whatever floats you boat mate, very considerate of you
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Jan 2013 11:12:42 37,302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I try.

Sooooo. That Wii U eh? Isn't it shit/awesome? Go team!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• nickthegun 5 Jan 2013 11:16:56 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    darrenb wrote:
    For me I'd say:

- Bioshock Infinite
    - Crysis 3
    - Dragon Age
    - GTA 5
    - Grid 2
    - South Park
    - Thief IV
    - Watch Dogs
    I'm interested in a few of them but if you have a gaming PC consoles are only of interest for exclusives
    You have a gaming pc? You should have mentioned it before several hundred times or made half a dozen threads about it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Syrette 5 Jan 2013 13:32:12 43,061 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    This forum Is worse than gamefaqs and that's saying something.
    Ban this guy. That is sacrilege, the worst insult imaginable.

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 14:25:25
    He's not far off though :)
  • Kafeen 5 Jan 2013 15:51:57 552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    An on-purchase update that takes longer than the battery life in the gamepad.
    Its a one off update, that probably doesn't take longer than the battery life of the gamepad if you're not doing it on release day or xmas day.

LeoliansBro wrote:
    Three new games, a Zombie game with tiny levels and much repetition, a side scrolling platformer and a collection of mini games.
    Whether you like you games or not, that's a personal opinion.

LeoliansBro wrote:
    Six (!) different controller options, meaning if you wanted to be ready for any potential future game release it'd costs you somewhere around £400 in controllers alone.
    £400? How do you get to that price?

LeoliansBro wrote:
    No Mario game, no Zelda game, no Metroid game. Not even rumoured to be announced.
    No Mario game? Then what was the side scrolling platformer you were refering to?

The Wii U does have some issues such as the gamepad battery life but console have been released with more serious issues such as the XBox 360's RROD.

The main thing you need to look at is if the console is fun to play. Ultimatly this is going to be a personal preference but from my experience that's a yes.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Jan 2013 15:57:18 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The update and installation took less than an hour for me.

• Lukus 5 Jan 2013 16:11:15 18,996 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So is this in shops yet?

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 5 January 2013 16:13:12
    You can buy games from shops?
  • Bremenacht 5 Jan 2013 17:58:36 17,600 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    BTW If you think there won't be some big announcements for 2013 games you're not being very realistic.
    Please don't start more 'bomb' threads. They only disappoint. e.g. a new Zelda game won't be a shock to anyone. Well, a goldfish perhaps.
  • Gregolution 6 Jan 2013 07:49:42 3,164 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spent hours last night playing NintendoLand with my wife and toddler. We laughed our heads off, it was brilliant.

There's nothing else on any current platform that provides as much family fun as the Wii U and that's why IMO it's chuffing awesome.

Love my PS3 and Vita too, but they're not family gaming machines.

So much crap in this thread over the last couple of days... Perhaps the trolls don't have families but for those of us that do its plain to see the unique qualities of this console.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jan 2013 07:52:20 10,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I layed loads of Nintendoland with my nephews yesterday.
    Zelda was clearly the most popular, great fun!

• Page

of 1345 First / Last