Wii U Page 415

• Page

of 1369 First / Last

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:01:06 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well if it's anything like Game-station used to be. They assured me the machine would be completely reset before it was sold on (3DS). Obviously I deleted all my account stuff off there, but I left the games on the front end. I was going to delete them all at the point of trade (just in case the trade deal went south last minute). At that point I no longer gave a toss and left it in their hands. It's not like I could use them again anyway.

I couldn't even use the transfer tool to put em back on my DSi as the transfer only worked from dSi to 3ds FFS.

Edited by jonsaan at 13:02:12 04-01-2013

Edited by jonsaan at 13:02:32 04-01-2013

FCUTA!

• Ultrasoundwave 4 Jan 2013 13:01:57 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Is Luigi's ghost mansion the best party game of all time?

Reaction from those we've exposed it to over the Xmas period suggests so.
    At the Christmas party we did, it went down a storm - everyone absolutely loved it. Like others have said, its a split between Ghost Mansion and Mario Chase, which was my personal favourite.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:03:03 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Which all sounds exactly like PacMan Vs.

FCUTA!

• RyanDS 4 Jan 2013 13:03:50 9,577 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Saw that earlier. This is what happens when you tie games to a device not an account.

It's not the users fault Nintendo don't have a clue about online accounts or accounts in general but by the same token it's not Nintendo's fault the user didn't wipe the machine properly before trading it in.

I'm off to CEX this lunchtime :)
    The point is that the machine was wiped by the user.
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Jan 2013 13:04:41 6,238 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Saw that earlier. This is what happens when you tie games to a device not an account.

It's not the users fault Nintendo don't have a clue about online accounts or accounts in general but by the same token it's not Nintendo's fault the user didn't wipe the machine properly before trading it in.

I'm off to CEX this lunchtime :)
    The system was wiped properly, it makes no difference.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 13:06:29 44,505 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's so counterintuitive. The longer I wait before buying the console, a) the cheaper it'll be and b) the more free games I'll get.

Another kick in the teeth for the crazed optimists who bought it straight away hoping someone will make a good game for it :)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:08:21 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would think this will be patched out very quickly. Although they would probably have to revamp their whole setup. Surely the same applies to 3ds and Wii?

Edited by jonsaan at 13:08:33 04-01-2013

FCUTA!

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 13:10:44 44,505 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How're you going to patch without creating a situation where games are slaved to both specific consoles and specific users?

Which is ridiculous.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:14:26 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I meant that they might change it so that content is linked to account, not machine. Like everyone else does.

An absolute pipedream! But I live in hope that one day I can get all my shit back.

FCUTA!

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 13:23:42 44,505 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is another example of this being a bit half baked though isn't it? I get more and more convinced that Nintendo realised how out of step they were when this thing was about 95% developed and decided to cut their losses. It would explain the lack of fanfare, the lack of first party titles, the lack of polish and the genuine backwards step in such things as the myriad confusion of controllers, the slowness of menus, the immediate need for an update, the cost cutting with the gamepad battery etc and the transfer of downloaded games from your Wii.

Wonder what they've got on the menu for 24 months' time? That'll be the Nintendo product I'll be waiting for, not this stopgap embarrassment.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:26:28 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The N720. Back to cartridges, no online and stupidly high dev costs. I'm in!

FCUTA!

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 13:30:04 44,505 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The 'Gamecube'. Purple box with plugs for four controllers, little mini dinky CDs and the best collection of games to ever appear on one console. None of this subsequent dicking about.

So should have bought the Panasonic version when I saw it in TK MAXX.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 13:36:13 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice. I've only ever seen that version once.

My cube is still in the loft.

FCUTA!

• yupyup 4 Jan 2013 13:37:00 3,682 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is another example of this being a bit half baked though isn't it? I get more and more convinced that Nintendo realised how out of step they were when this thing was about 95% developed and decided to cut their losses. It would explain the lack of fanfare, the lack of first party titles, the lack of polish and the genuine backwards step in such things as the myriad confusion of controllers, the slowness of menus, the immediate need for an update, the cost cutting with the gamepad battery etc and the transfer of downloaded games from your Wii.

Wonder what they've got on the menu for 24 months' time? That'll be the Nintendo product I'll be waiting for, not this stopgap embarrassment.
    This.

From the ropey E3 introduction (where they seemed almost intent on not mentioning it was a new console and not, yet another peripheral for the Wii) down to the tablet controller support (only 1, okay only 1 and a 3DS, maybe, no 2!) the whole thing just seems half hearted.

Hands Off Our Penises

• MrSemprini 4 Jan 2013 13:37:48 9,421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was talking to a reasonably senior chap at Nintendo UK over Xmas. After berating him for some time about the 3DS & U, he said the mood is not good at their office. They know nothing about any upcoming releases after Q1 (not unusual apparently, they generally get to know about a game about a week before the public does), no price cut is imminent and they were tearing their hair out over the shambolic marketing of the Wii U globally. Still, he did say it could be worse - he has a friend in a similar role at Sony....
  • NOSAVIOUR 4 Jan 2013 13:44:19 2,804 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MrSemprini if the moods not good in the office perhaps they should actually play the Wii u together as me, family and friends are having a riot of a time.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 13:48:39
    NOE never know anything, they're basically a distribution centre, always have been.

Edited by CrispyXUK at 13:48:55 04-01-2013
  • GeezaTap 4 Jan 2013 13:49:35 288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am having a grand time as well, although it's deffo my 'B' console (My 'C' one if we're counting the Vita).

Donkey Kong Crash Course is a joy - I was full of glee when I managed to reach the 2nd course.
  • MrSemprini 4 Jan 2013 13:53:34 9,421 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    NOE never know anything, they're basically a distribution centre, always have been.
    One of their biggest frustrations, they have little to no autonomy. They did get to hire the Redknapps though as the knowledge of second rate UK football pundits and pop stars is somewhat limited in Kyoto.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 13:57:35
    Oh yeah, they do rubbish advertising too :D
  • dazcox5181 4 Jan 2013 14:21:13 301 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wish everyone would say the wii u is crap... I was convinced I didn't want it till you all liked it!
    Shame won't be getting it anytime soon though, between Xmas and nursery fees due bit skint till march :(

Also wary as bought 3ds early and missed the price drop lol since traded that for my vita (which I think is great) and have the ps3 and Xbox but would miss them if I traded them :(

Time to shift some old random items clogging up the cupboard I think lol

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 14:22:11 44,505 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not one full stop.

;)

• jellyhead 4 Jan 2013 14:25:20 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Premium kit was 265 in CEX i was tempted but i can wait.

daz, i've heard about plenty of issues with the Wii-U. Hard locks, laggy OS, NNID account woes, Wii transfer woes, 4 hour updates when unboxed, shonky wifi compatibility...

I'm still tempted though.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• jonsaan 4 Jan 2013 14:29:46 25,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I would rather buy some digital games than be fishing pubes out of some sun bleached CEX smoke stinking yellowed console.

FCUTA!

• dazcox5181 4 Jan 2013 14:33:00 301 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jellyhead yeah heard there are issues too, but it sounds fun lol. Then again so did the wii and that's sat under the tv unused for at least a year now (bought at launch).

Suppose I can convince the wife that I could play COD on the pad while she watches tv (but I can do that on the vita shhh he he)

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 14:33:57 60,428 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I would think this will be patched out very quickly. Although they would probably have to revamp their whole setup.
    The setup, in this particular instance, being anyone and everyone involved in designing the online user experience.

So one sixty year old programmer and his real doll.

Edited by nickthegun at 14:34:22 04-01-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Blakester 4 Jan 2013 14:44:30 3,636 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    The Premium kit was 265 in CEX i was tempted but i can wait.

daz, i've heard about plenty of issues with the Wii-U. Hard locks, laggy OS, NNID account woes, Wii transfer woes, 4 hour updates when unboxed, shonky wifi compatibility...

I'm still tempted though.
    Of the issues you mention, only the two lock-ups I've had (both while playing Sonic) have been a problem.

The updates took less than half an hour and the wifi has been rock solid.

There's a load of people bitching about this console that don't actually own one. Generally those that played one over the Xmas break have loved the experience.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• DFawkes 4 Jan 2013 14:47:20 23,315 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    So one sixty year old programmer and his real doll.
    That's unfair. He clearly used all the money he saved not doing online properly to purchase a Thai bride/"bride".

Edited by DFawkes at 14:47:44 04-01-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 14:48:27 60,428 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah. It wont have been a thai bride as the japanese are so racist.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• CharlieStCloud 4 Jan 2013 15:10:20 5,280 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Think a lot of 'gamers' will happily wait until E3 to see what Microsoft and Sony are up to.

I am glad some folks on here are enjoying the Wii U, especially Nintendo Land, but everything about the poor launch and the barebones line-up is awfully discouraging.

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 15:11:00 04-01-2013
  • Page

of 1369 First / Last