Wii U Page 408

  • Page

    of 1390 First / Last

  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 16:03:36
    No, look at the TV you mong :D
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 16:54:55
    What a shit response.
  • roz123 25 Dec 2012 17:07:30 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Press home then gamepad settings then turn display off
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 17:13:27
    lol
  • Baleoce 25 Dec 2012 17:50:06 1,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    One really crap and unnecessary thing about NSMBU:

    Not being able to play true two-player if you don't have 2 wiimotes. Ie. You want to use 1 wiimote and the GamePad with 2 players on screen. You have to do 1 player with the other person as boost. So pedantic. Not spending another bajillion just for that privilege when it could have easily been coded in. (Inb4 I missed the feature?)

    Also, Merry Christmas.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • AceGrace 25 Dec 2012 18:40:30 1,256 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Press home then gamepad settings then turn display off
    Cheers

    www.performathon.co.uk

    The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

  • AceGrace 25 Dec 2012 18:41:18 1,256 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    No, look at the TV you mong :D
    :)

    www.performathon.co.uk

    The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

  • AceGrace 25 Dec 2012 18:48:28 1,256 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

    www.performathon.co.uk

    The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

  • Gregolution 25 Dec 2012 19:00:10 3,858 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Nintendo hates the analogues.
    this is of course a blatant lie
    They invented the analogues...

    PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

  • Gambit1977 25 Dec 2012 19:05:17 10,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gregolution check my spoiler text! ;-)
  • Gregolution 25 Dec 2012 19:14:52 3,858 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think my phone farted and suddenly showed me really old messages for this thread so ignore me.

    Right... Kids finally going to bed. Zombie U time.

    PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

  • Gambit1977 25 Dec 2012 19:18:44 10,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    \o/
    Enjoy!
  • Gregolution 25 Dec 2012 20:08:57 3,858 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zombie U - bonus section - me as a zombie. Worth the price of the game alone!! Love it

    PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Dec 2012 20:10:55 39,404 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Nintendo hates the analogues.
    this is of course a blatant lie
    They invented the analogues...
    Analogue sticks were around about 21 years before Nintendo ever used them. So no, they didn't invent it.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Gambit1977 25 Dec 2012 20:46:23 10,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Nintendo hates the analogues.
    this is of course a blatant lie
    They invented the analogues...
    Analogue sticks were around about 21 years before Nintendo ever used them. So no, they didn't invent it.
    As a mod I'm sure you're well aware of the shitstorm coming once the nights into dreams boys pop in here!
  • PhoenixFlames 25 Dec 2012 22:20:08 9,227 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who's enjoying their Christmas Wii U!!!?

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • Carlo 25 Dec 2012 22:44:44 18,181 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kids didn't open theirs. Fell asleep before they got to it and their new tv for their room.

    I might get to play it tomorrow! :/

    PSN ID: Djini

  • PhoenixFlames 25 Dec 2012 22:55:44 9,227 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Kids didn't open theirs. Fell asleep before they got to it and their new tv for their room.

    I might get to play it tomorrow! :/
    No way! Kids today. I would have made my thumbs bleed by now.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • mal 25 Dec 2012 23:22:56 22,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hope you've made them wait until after Tea to start opening their presents, and they haven't been struggling through increasing mounds of metallised paper and sticky back plastic all day.

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • voden 25 Dec 2012 23:37:43 65 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Really enjoyed messing about with my Wii U today, great console. Out of Sonic All Stars, Mario, Nintendoland, Zombie U and Tekken it's Sonic that has been getting the most play time. No surprise really I knew it would be good.
  • kirinnokoshin 26 Dec 2012 00:13:42 66 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have thoroughly enjoyed the Wii U today until it froze up about an hour ago.

    Installing YouTube App, got an error code so cancelled. Tried installing a second time, same error code but this time froze the system. Waited about a minute, unplugged, restarted and now it loads up to the home screen but then freezes before any apps are loaded (Netflix is faint) accompanied by the vuvuzela hum. Have tried unplugging for 10 mins or so to reset the OS but no joy.

    Anyone experienced something like this? Is there a fix or is it going back to Nintendo for repair?
  • PhoenixFlames 26 Dec 2012 08:11:15 9,227 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kirinnokoshin wrote:
    Have thoroughly enjoyed the Wii U today until it froze up about an hour ago.

    Installing YouTube App, got an error code so cancelled. Tried installing a second time, same error code but this time froze the system. Waited about a minute, unplugged, restarted and now it loads up to the home screen but then freezes before any apps are loaded (Netflix is faint) accompanied by the vuvuzela hum. Have tried unplugging for 10 mins or so to reset the OS but no joy.

    Anyone experienced something like this? Is there a fix or is it going back to Nintendo for repair?
    Can't say I have. Haven't read about it either. Doesn't sound good though.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • Armoured_Bear 26 Dec 2012 08:20:01 11,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    1 hour till I get home, open it and start the updates :-)

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Armoured_Bear 26 Dec 2012 12:32:56 11,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmmm, I'll have to wait on the pad finishing charging before I can start the update....
    Maybe tonight :-)

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • kirinnokoshin 26 Dec 2012 12:52:01 66 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    kirinnokoshin wrote:
    Have thoroughly enjoyed the Wii U today until it froze up about an hour ago.

    Installing YouTube App, got an error code so cancelled. Tried installing a second time, same error code but this time froze the system. Waited about a minute, unplugged, restarted and now it loads up to the home screen but then freezes before any apps are loaded (Netflix is faint) accompanied by the vuvuzela hum. Have tried unplugging for 10 mins or so to reset the OS but no joy.

    Anyone experienced something like this? Is there a fix or is it going back to Nintendo for repair?
    Can't say I have. Haven't read about it either. Doesn't sound good though.
    Have come across one other incident of this problem reported on the net. Spoke to Nintendo this morning and now the base unit is going to them for repair. First time I've ever had a Nintendo machine screw up in 20 odd years.

    Any new adopters be wary of error messages when updating apps or games and I advise calling customer services in the event of a freeze, don't power off even if it drags on for a while.
  • Raiko101 26 Dec 2012 14:09:21 6,619 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That really sucks. Nintendo really shouldn't have released the console without the latest firmware pre-installed. Especially when it unlocks nearly everthing. They're asking for trouble.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Deleted user 26 December 2012 14:31:18
    It's Nintendo, you can't expect them to get to grips with 20 year old features AND think about the end user at the same time. Settle down.
  • Gregolution 26 Dec 2012 14:50:37 3,858 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Nintendo hates the analogues.
    this is of course a blatant lie
    They invented the analogues...
    Analogue sticks were around about 21 years before Nintendo ever used them. So no, they didn't invent it.
    Meh fine. I didn't mean they invented the concept of analogue controls, but the N64 was the first gaming console to have them.

    PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

  • Deleted user 26 December 2012 14:54:56
    Actually the Saturn was, but the N64 was the first console to have them as standard?

    BTW what's the score with launch units giving disk read errors? How long do you think it will take for revised hardware to hit the shelves?
  • Psychotext 26 Dec 2012 14:58:47 54,822 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd wager it's going to take them quite a few months to sell through the initial production run so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
  • Page

    of 1390 First / Last

Log in or register to reply