Wii U Page 394

• Page

of 1386 First / Last

• BryanAKADJ 12 Dec 2012 17:44:10 284 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Work is overrated!
    I'd call in dead if I could.
    It'll just be sitting there til 10pm tonight.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 17:56:19 10,382 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow the home button on the gamepad flashes
  • figaro7 12 Dec 2012 19:47:29 1,377 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So guys when i do pick up my wiiu, ive already clamped down nsbmu, tossing up whether to get zombiu or black ops 2. The thought of playing wiimote style online in blackops 2 is enticing, but im all for exclusives. Zombiu worth the punt?
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 19:49:29 61,571 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I would get ZombiU when the prices go down, I'm not a big fan of survival horror, played it once but never got into it, I bought into the hype and wasted 40 on it, I think I would've enjoyed BLOPS2 more.

Edited by Razz at 22:14:43 12-12-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 12 Dec 2012 19:55:24 61,571 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Actually if any wants to trade blops 2 for zombiu please pm me

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Baleoce 12 Dec 2012 20:06:42 1,187 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm in the same boat with ZombiU. I'm intrigued by it, but I'm not into that genre enough to warrant full price. Definitely getting it on sale though.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Raiko101 12 Dec 2012 20:12:46 6,567 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I do recommend it if it goes on sale. It all depends on general taste, but i've enjoyed every moment of ZombiU so far.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• CharlieStCloud 12 Dec 2012 20:40:40 5,350 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am totally shocked to see the Wii U readily available nearly everywhere ... was the whole shortages thingummy a while back a load of bobbins?

I kind of wish to play Nintendo Land, especially with my family and friends over Christmas, but I am going to be patience with all these new consoles - still regret purchasing a 3DS and PS Vita so hastily this year.
  • Sid-Nice 12 Dec 2012 22:14:55 15,851 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    I am totally shocked to see the Wii U readily available nearly everywhere ... was the whole shortages thingummy a while back a load of bobbins?

I kind of wish to play Nintendo Land, especially with my family and friends over Christmas, but I am going to be patience with all these new consoles - still regret purchasing a 3DS and PS Vita so hastily this year.
    I think Nintendo were trying to recreate the Wii euphoria with the Wii U and it backfired. I think poor distribution of the Wii U and very little advertising especially in stores hasn’t helped the situation. My local Smyth’s toy store had no Wii U consoles after launch, but now have a boat load since the second batch was released.

Some Asda superstores only received 4 consoles at launch while others had anything from 10 to 40 units; anyone interested in purchasing a Wii U may have been put off by the so called shortages at launch and purchased an alternative product.

NNID Sid-Nice

• NOSAVIOUR 12 Dec 2012 22:17:22 2,809 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It should have been called the Wii 2 and launched with Wii Sports 2 for the masses.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 22:17:33 12-12-2012
  • Jazzy_Geoff 12 Dec 2012 22:44:43 7,781 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    It's a lovely little circlejerk, even Eurogamer's staff writers get in on the mass wankathon. I'm being a bit oversensitive but everytime I see a new story about "nextgen on the way" I point at my Wii-U and shout "IT'S ALREADY BLOODY HERE!"
    LOL
  • MatMan562 12 Dec 2012 22:58:02 2,541 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has everybody else not been able to use youtube via the browser? None of the videos work for me, i'm guessing since the update.

On a related note, has anybody been able to use the youtube app? It wont load any of my subsription videos and the search seems pretty awful/

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 23:01:31
    Just mentioned to a few people down the pub that the gamepad game be used in tablet style around the house for browsing and the like.

Anyways, just realised you can do the claw with the gamepad, so tekken is up next.
  • Sid-Nice 12 Dec 2012 23:01:47 15,851 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    It should have been called the Wii 2 and launched with Wii Sports 2 for the masses.
    That would have been perfect say “In 2010” and in 2012 bring out an all new controller (Gamepad) bundled with Nintendo Land for £150. I honestly think if Nintendo had of introduced a high definition console 2 years ago and called it Wii2 it would have sold well. Also development studios would have come to terms with the architecture by now and by introducing the Gamepad at a later date would have made the price more competitive.

NNID Sid-Nice

• chrisno21 12 Dec 2012 23:16:49 1,544 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    That would have been perfect say “In 2010” and in 2012 bring out an all new controller (Gamepad) bundled with Nintendo Land for £150. I honestly think if Nintendo had of introduced a high definition console 2 years ago and called it Wii2 it would have sold well. Also development studios would have come to terms with the architecture by now and by introducing the Gamepad at a later date would have made the price more competitive.
    As an add on not all developers would want to only appeal to a potentially small share of the market, like move. Its the gamepad that makes this console worth owning, if it wasn't standard I wouldn't of bothered with it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• BryanAKADJ 12 Dec 2012 23:19:15 284 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why is the Wii U called the "Wii U"?
    I never really followed it til it launched
    "You bought the Wii, Wii U buy this too?"
    I have no idea why I typed that. Its only 3:17. I'm losing my sanity to boredom. Not even Super Mario 3D Land can help me keep it.
    Anyway. Looking forward to trying this out when I get home. In 7 hours.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• mal 12 Dec 2012 23:44:40 22,787 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    It's a lovely little circlejerk, even Eurogamer's staff writers get in on the mass wankathon. I'm being a bit oversensitive but everytime I see a new story about "nextgen on the way" I point at my Wii-U and shout "IT'S ALREADY BLOODY HERE!"
    LOL
    Heh, proof it's the Dreamcast all over again :)

For those saying the console should have come out years ago, bear in mind if they had it would likely have to have been the size of a (phat) 360, given they've already needed to make it bigger than a Wii and cut more holes in the case to get all the heat out. Unless they're making the chips at an outdated half pitch, therefore making it pump out more heat per clock tick, or not efficiently releasing the heat produced, they'd need to make it bigger and/or more noisy.

As is, they could be accused of not using up-to-date processes in their chips - the CPU at least seems to have been produced at a 45mm half pitch - wheras the latest Intel processors have been on 32nm for a little while now. But IBM are a little behind the curve on that one, and 45nm is the best they do for now. I don't have any stats on the GPU, but given those tend to be made using older processes (I guess the yields at the cutting edge for such large chips is more of an issue) I don't have any reason to suspect it's not up-to-date. In terms of airflow, judging by the amount of plastic they have in there directing the airflow, they're getting about as much heat out as they can, below a desired noise level.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Psychotext 13 Dec 2012 00:03:04 54,779 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really doubt the size of the actual console would have made any significant difference to their sales. Even in Japan where apparently (if the internet is to be believed) everyone lives in apartments the size of a London cab.
  • mal 13 Dec 2012 00:05:48 22,787 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fair point. Saying they should have released it earlier and made it bigger is one thing you can say validly :)

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 13 December 2012 00:07:03
    It does use upto date processes in it's CPU, it's very modern. The broadway in the Wii at 768mhz was only 20% slower than a single Xenon core and we know that at least one of the cores in the Wii U is clocked at 1.25ghz, it also has a vastly superior GPU, the now standard DSP and it's ARM CPU controls all OS functions.

That said it's so odd that all these ports are below par (bar tekken, sonic and blops multiplayer) and that we've not seen anything to show what the console is capable of, although I'd argue that Nintendoland does show some levely effects and graphics at a rock rolid framerate on two displays.

Time will tell I suppose, I remember at us all being incrdibly underwhelmed with the 360 launch titles graphical prowess and that turned out great. But Nintendo must have thought about this surely? Even a demo from Tokyo EAD, the Xenoblade boys or Retro Studios?

Edited by CrispyXUK at 00:09:10 13-12-2012
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 00:50:56
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    It does use upto date processes in it's CPU, it's very modern. The broadway in the Wii at 768mhz was only 20% slower than a single Xenon core and we know that at least one of the cores in the Wii U is clocked at 1.25ghz
    Not that it really matters, but are you sure about that?(maybe with a reference)
    It sounds more likely it was only 20% slower than one logical core (of two) in a Xenon physical core. And even then, highly unlikely to compare well for anything other than integer workloads. I doubt a broadway running physics or AI workloads would compare well with Xenon logical core clocking above 3GHz.
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 00:53:48
    Xenon XTREME
  • neilka 13 Dec 2012 01:27:35 16,445 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Xenon 2: Megablast

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• RobTheBuilder 13 Dec 2012 01:29:46 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Paul Xenon. Magic.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Dec 2012 02:27:31 11,652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Wiiu Cpu cores aren't just Broadway cores anyway.
    Still, the CPU does seem underpowered but hopefully when games are optimised for its architecture and take advantage of the GPU capabilities we'll see much more from it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 13 Dec 2012 02:45:40 11,652 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So in the event that I can get someone to play Nintendoland with next what's the best controllers to have, pro or Wiimotes?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• King_Edward 13 Dec 2012 07:44:13 11,466 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    The Wiiu Cpu cores aren't just Broadway cores anyway.
    Still, the CPU does seem underpowered but hopefully when games are optimised for its architecture and take advantage of the GPU capabilities we'll see much more from it.
    Something that is unlikely to ever really happen.
  • nickthegun 13 Dec 2012 07:55:06 60,974 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GPGPU! AH AAAAAH! SAVED EVERY ONE OF US!

GPGPU! AH AAAAAH! KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE!

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deckard1 13 Dec 2012 07:59:42 29,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    So in the event that I can get someone to play Nintendoland with next what's the best controllers to have, pro or Wiimotes?
    This is the most sinister post I've ever read on here. You can just tell he was parked up outside a nursery school as he wrote it.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Raiko101 13 Dec 2012 10:33:44 6,567 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pro controllers do not work for either Nintendo Land or New Super Mario Bros U. I'd also recommend motion plus remotes if you want to play either the Zelda or Metroid mini-games. They're not compatible with standard Wii remotes.

You may also have to connect a Balance board and drum out a particular rythm in order to enable the use of nun-chucks.

*That last point may well be a lie.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 1386 First / Last