• Page

of 1345 First / Last

• smoothpete 12 Dec 2012 12:41:14 31,322 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    The thing I didn't like, having gotten so accustomed to the 360 pad, is the way my right thumb was aligned with the A button (ie, the rightest one of the 4) instead of the B button (ie, the lowest of the 4). It felt unnatural somehow. That's probably just Nintendo style button arrangement I suppose.
    Yep, Japanese language is from right to left mate.
    That's why Sony went with shapes instead of letters, "X" in the EU and NA regions advances whilst in Asia "O" serves that function.
    It's like people have never played a SNES or PS1 :D
    I didn't mean in the sense that A and B should be swapped around. It just felt weird that the pad made my finger default to the button on the right. All other pads feel more like the lowest of the 4 buttons is the default one Wasn't the lowest one the jump button on Mario World on the SNES?
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 12:42:42
    Yup, but plenty of Japanese consoles/games use the right button as the primary for menus and the like.
  • smoothpete 12 Dec 2012 12:47:12 31,322 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's weird and wrong I tell you!
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 12:51:16 60,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    The thing I didn't like, having gotten so accustomed to the 360 pad, is the way my right thumb was aligned with the A button (ie, the rightest one of the 4) instead of the B button (ie, the lowest of the 4). It felt unnatural somehow. That's probably just Nintendo style button arrangement I suppose.
    Yep, Japanese language is from right to left mate.
    That's why Sony went with shapes instead of letters, "X" in the EU and NA regions advances whilst in Asia "O" serves that function.
    It's like people have never played a SNES or PS1 :D
    I didn't mean in the sense that A and B should be swapped around. It just felt weird that the pad made my finger default to the button on the right. All other pads feel more like the lowest of the 4 buttons is the default one Wasn't the lowest one the jump button on Mario World on the SNES?
    I'm the same mate, it always throws me as I tend to play games more on my PS3.

In SMW, the A and B buttons were jump, X and Y were run, and the shoulder buttons were for the spin jump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• nickthegun 12 Dec 2012 12:53:06 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One of the main reason a put CFW on my azn PSP was that the reversed functions of the X and O buttons drove me absolutely crackers.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Kangoo 12 Dec 2012 13:32:42 1,015 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well thanks to picking up a couple of 98p games and trading them in with some of my backlog that realistically was never going to be touched, I managed to pick up a Premium bundle with NSMBU at lunch today for 40.

Keep hearing the 'Nintendo Magic' is back, I hope so as it would be nice to introduce my daughter to gaming with this rather then rubbish movie tie-ins.

Just 4 hours to home time, not to long to go now.

PSN: Adwab2

• roz123 12 Dec 2012 13:33:17 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    totally. just look at the first comments of the nintendoland and the reason it has no online story. Fuck me.

I really can't be doing with this constant bullshit. Every story someone has to be really ANGRY. The cynicsm is doing my head in. I know its comment sections and they are always retarded, but it doen;t have to be like that.
    There was one on neogaf that made me laugh, someone made a thread because they couldn't find the FIFA demo on the eShop. Straight away people jumped on saying how poor Nintendo are at these things before anyone had the chance to point out there is a massive "Demos" button front and centre of the homepage.
  • Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 13:40:26 9,583 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Get plussing me in the comments guys, because that post is gonna get negged to fuckery :lol:
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 13:51:47 60,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-12-nintendo-land-devs-explain-lack-of-online-support

To be fair though, the top comment is quite simila to yours, although much more succinct. It has +46 karma, so I doubt yours will be megged mate.

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 13:52:01 9,583 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't get it in there. I really don't.
    It doesn't affect them, if they don't like it, don't buy one :confused:
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 13:56:27 3,264 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Well thanks to picking up a couple of 98p games and trading them in with some of my backlog that realistically was never going to be touched, I managed to pick up a Premium bundle with NSMBU at lunch today for 40.

Keep hearing the 'Nintendo Magic' is back, I hope so as it would be nice to introduce my daughter to gaming with this rather then rubbish movie tie-ins.

Definitely think the magic is back. I absolutely hated the Wii, i thought it was a load of waggle-filled bollocks, with the exception of the Super Mario Galaxy games and the Metroid trilogy.

Straight off the bat with the WiiU, you've got NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic All Stars, BLOPS 2, ACIII and Arkham City - so its better than the Wii ever was already!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 14:00:23 9,583 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Kangoo wrote:

Definitely think the magic is back. I absolutely hated the Wii, i thought it was a load of waggle-filled bollocks, with the exception of the Super Mario Galaxy games and the Metroid trilogy.

Straight off the bat with the WiiU, you've got NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic All Stars, BLOPS 2, ACIII and Arkham City - so its better than the Wii ever was already!
    I completely agree!
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 14:05:06 60,750 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    The same argument doesn't stop me from picking on Apple fans, i can't help it sometimes, it's a sickness.

• Sid-Nice 12 Dec 2012 14:08:17 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    I'm off Xmas shopping at the Metro Centre. Hope they some of these on display somewhere so I can get my hands on one.
    If you are anywhere near Wallsend you can come and play with mine. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 14:10:17 9,583 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    The same argument doesn't stop me from picking on Apple fans, i can't help it sometimes, it's a sickness.
    :lol:
    Well, I have apple stuff, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. It's just easier, and I get more choice. I am actually growing to dislike them myself these days more and more.

I just don't understand why buying something = brand loyalty.
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2012 14:18:55 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Kangoo wrote:

I completely agree!
    I completely disagree. Needs some Metroid and Mario before it's a Wii beater.
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 15:14:27 3,264 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kotaku have done their Top 10 most wanted Gamecube games for the Wii U.

Definitely wouldnt mind playing a few of those TBH....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Gambit1977 12 Dec 2012 15:16:11 9,583 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Four Swords needs a new Wii U centric version.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 15:36:28
    roz123 wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    totally. just look at the first comments of the nintendoland and the reason it has no online story. Fuck me.

I really can't be doing with this constant bullshit. Every story someone has to be really ANGRY. The cynicsm is doing my head in. I know its comment sections and they are always retarded, but it doen;t have to be like that.
    There was one on neogaf that made me laugh, someone made a thread because they couldn't find the FIFA demo on the eShop. Straight away people jumped on saying how poor Nintendo are at these things before anyone had the chance to point out there is a massive "Demos" button front and centre of the homepage.
    yeah, its not just nintendo products though, even though they are taking the brunt of the internet code of conduct at the moment. its just tiring. I just want to go on a site, read, and not be subjected to reading drivel. And i can't help but read it. And then get invovled :)
  • chrisno21 12 Dec 2012 15:43:49 1,457 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Kangoo wrote:

I completely agree!
    Me too, I realised the mistake within a day of the Wii Purchase, this I love and it's looking set to be that way for a while. The Gamepad is bloody brilliant.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 15:50:53
    Razz wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Anti-fanoyism is worse than faboyism in most cases
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 15:52:17
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Got all them, they're all brilliant bar Twin Snakes.
  • Raiko101 12 Dec 2012 15:52:34 6,055 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the negativity that currently surrounds Nintendo, and to be fair, all developers when a new console launches, is that people need to justify their purchases. It's like having a neighbour who has spent a load of money on a new car and they spend forever telling you how it's the best in its range, the most reliable, convenient, etc... Then they'll tell you why you made the wrong decision with your car.

300 is a lot to spend at the minute and the quicker they can rip it to pieces, the quicker they'll get over not getting one. It's a shame really, but that's how it goes.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• ronuds 12 Dec 2012 16:02:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the negativity that surrounds Nintendo on gaming sites is due to the fact that it's aimed more towards children. Those who justify for or against the purchase are equally as annoying as one another, so they cancel each other out.
  • MatMan562 12 Dec 2012 16:02:22 2,308 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Nor would I. I'd also add Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 to that list, I played one of them (I think 2) when I was still really crap at games and never finished any so it'd be good to have another chance at them.

I do wonder though what people would think to HD remakes of some Gamecube games. Personally i'd love to see ones for Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine! Naturally i'd much rather we had brand new games instead but... I wouldn't say no to having both.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• chrisno21 12 Dec 2012 16:10:17 1,457 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Got all them, they're all brilliant bar Twin Snakes.
    Mario Strikers was gash.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• RobTheBuilder 12 Dec 2012 16:37:26 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @chrisno21 mario strikers was a fun concept that got annoying very quickly. An underrated game is Midway's NHL hitz which used a similar format with hockey and was great fun.
  • King_Edward 12 Dec 2012 16:53:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Anti-fanoyism is worse than faboyism in most cases
    This I can agree with.
  • PhoenixFlames 12 Dec 2012 16:54:55 8,899 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still loving the console. Can't wait to get a new game with some Christmas vouchers. Being able to play on the Gamepad is the killer feature. I wouldn't play a PS3 game for months on end because I didn't want to hog the TV. Problem solved.

I might get BLOPS2 or maybe Mass Effect 3...I'll read some reviews.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 17:38:45
    Do people on your friends list pop up when they appear online?
  • Page

of 1345 First / Last