Wii U Page 391

• Page

of 1365 First / Last

• Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 14:53:07 9,805 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ouch!
    I must go and buy the 6.50 one at Blockbuster!
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Dec 2012 14:56:09 3,319 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dave-on wrote:
    Ouch, yea looks about what I've seen. I know it's gonna be worth it. Just seems like an awful lot.

The only comfort i take from it is looking at the prices of Gamecube games these days - for some reason, classic Nintendo games seem to hold their value more than any others.

When you consider how rare the game is (i read they only made 100,000 copies or something like that) and also consider the fact that Nintendo stopped publishing the game two years ago, i think it could well be worth a lot more than 50 in a few years time.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• AcidSnake 11 Dec 2012 15:05:02 7,282 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really? Thought they'd have made more...

/hugs copy

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Ultrasoundwave 11 Dec 2012 15:13:05 3,319 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Took this off Wiki :

Metroid Prime: Trilogy was released in North America on August 24, 2009,[23] packaged in a steel-book case, along with an art booklet.[24][25] The European release in the following month maintained the booklet,[26] while the Australian release in October only had a metallic cardboard slip cover.[27] On January 8, 2010, it was reported that Nintendo of America was no longer producing or shipping Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and stated that players may still be able to find second-hand copies of Trilogy via video game stores.[28] Bob Mackey of 1UP.com noted that it "had a conspicuously low print run; finding a copy in the wild proves difficult, and eBay prices often reach 100 dollars."[29] On January 11, 2010, it was reported that Nintendo Australia had also discontinued the game.[30]

So basically, its becoming more and more difficult to pick up a new copy. Also found this website for rare Wii games, which confirms the same thing.

Its the same reason i took a punt on 'X-men Destiny' last month for a tenner - all unsold copies are to be destroyed due to a legal wrangle.

Shit game, but soon to be very rare.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 15:13:45 11-12-2012

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Razz 11 Dec 2012 15:41:09 61,288 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• nickthegun 11 Dec 2012 15:42:50 60,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    You know what else is rare? ET on the atari.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 15:43:41 9,805 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Get yourself down the desert, there's a few there I hear!
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 15:53:21
    shit game? 0_o
  • andijames 11 Dec 2012 15:55:22 2,735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Get yourself down the desert, there's a few there I hear!
    As long as you don't mind getting sand on your bollocks you'll be fine :D

vivir el momento

• Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 15:55:59 9,805 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It'll be worth it for the precious game play on offer!
  • ronuds 11 Dec 2012 15:57:15 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ET is pretty easy to find and isn't worth all that much.
  • andijames 11 Dec 2012 15:57:41 2,735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if anyone actually knows where they were buried and if that particular grave has been robbed yet? Why anyone would want a copy is beyond me thou.

vivir el momento

• ronuds 11 Dec 2012 16:01:48 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From what I understand, they were just taken to the local dump - there's no huge hole in the ground anywhere.

That's if it even really happened.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 16:11:58
    Just tried Creed 3 in stereoscopic 3D, it looked fantastic.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 18:33:28

That's certainly an interesting way to beat Kraid! :D
  • RobTheBuilder 11 Dec 2012 18:38:10 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ronuds I don't think that's the only game they were alleged to dump, I think PAC man got huge numbers trashed too
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 18:42:52
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow

Last night was my first experience of the online play with the Wii U (on BLOPS 2) and it was excellent.

For some reason, my NAT was set to moderate but i still had no problem whatsoever finding a fully populated game.

The performance is very smooth, didnt notice any lag at all. I got my buttocks handed to me for the first few games i played as i wasnt used to using the GamePad, after half an hour though i got the hang of it and i ended the night with a positive K/D ratio.

Bottom line - Black Ops 2 is excellent on the WiiU.
    Cheers for the info fella, how are you finding the Wii U in general? Are you happy with it?

I posted my thoughts a couple of pages back mate, ill stick them below this post. Basically im chuffed to bits with it, a great little console with some cracking launch games. You cant underestimate just how special the GamePad is too, genuinely the first "next-gen" product.

Well, i have had a few hours with the console and the four games i have picked up at launch, finally time for some opinions. First off, i would like to state for the record i am not a fanboy of any kind - i own a 360 and a PS3, with the 360 being my console of choice.
    I thought the original Wii was absolute crap and, initially, i purchased the Wii U because i have more money than sense - and my sense is very limited :

Console
    initial impressions of the Wii U?, Very positive. The console itself is very nicely put together and has some excellent features. The Miiverse is a nice little social network which, i imagine, would become extremely useful if you had quite a few of your friends on there.

The eShop is much improved over the Wii. The layout is much clearer and its designed very nicely - the less said about the prices the better however!.

Apps like YouTube, Netflix and Lovefilm are a nice touch and they bring the Wii U a bit closer to the 360/PS3 in terms of what they have to offer apart from games.

Overall, the console itself has made a very good first impression.

Gamepad
    Initially i was very sceptical, i thought it would be some kind of gimmicky product that wouldn't work very well with the console. However, i am willing to admit when i'm wrong : The GamePad is fantastic. It is the one feature that the Wii U can truly say makes it "Next Gen".

Personally, i like the design of it. Some people think its too big, too light, cheaply made, etc. For me, it fits in the hands perfectly and the weight is spot on - i was also pleasantly surprised that Nintendo implemented a rumble feature, which does help when playing games like ZombiU.

When it comes to the games, i think the way the GamePad has been used in ZombiU is genius. Being able to scan environments, which actually transports you momentarily into the game, is a joy. Using the GamePad as a map is also very innovative, especially seeing as the game drops you into the middle of the London underground.

You see another genius use of the GamePad when you play something like Sonic AllStars too - playing multiplayer with another person, instead of playing split-screen as you would on the 360/PS3, one person uses the pad, the other uses the pro controller and the TV, and neither person has an advantage over the other.

In the future, if other split-screen co-op games are released multi-platform, i think i will find myself leaning towards the Wii U versions if this feature is implemented again. I would have loved to have seen Borderlands 2 on the Wii U.

Overall, the GamePad is the true innovation of the Wii U. I have no idea what Microsoft and Sony are planning for their next consoles, but i wouldnt be surprised if both implement a similar product.

Games
    In my opinion, the most important thing. At launch, i purchased the following games :

- ZombiU
    - New Super Mario Brothers U
    - Sonic All Stars Transformed
    - Nintendo Land

ZombiU is a delight. The innovative use of the GamePad (as mentioned above), the graphics, the sound design and the brilliant Zombies all combine to make a truly memorable product. The sense of the threat and tension throughout the game, which is heightened by 'perma-death', is really nerve shredding and really adds to the atmosphere.

NSMBU is not a massive step-up from the previous games in the franchise, like others have said though its nice to see a Mario game in HD. The beautifully designed levels and colourful graphics really come to life with the upgrade and Mario has never looked better. Also, as simple as it sounds, being able to transfer the game to the GamePad and play elsewhere is a masterstroke.

Sonic All Stars is an excellent kart racer. Obviously, its filling the void until Mario Kart U is released, but is has merits all of its own. The flying/Boating sections are excellent and the game is simply loads of fun.

Nintendo Land is the weakest game of the bunch, but not a turd by any means. Single-player can get a bit dull and pointless, despite some clever uses of the GamePad, but in Multiplayer the game comes alive. A perfect game to stick on when people come to visit over Christmas.

Final Word

Impressive. It hasnt offended or abused me in any way and has even provided some moments of genuine joy. People keep talking about CPUs, GPUS, Clock speeds, etc, etc. None of that means anything to me - simply switching the console on and trying it for yourself, there are no technical inferiorities that present themselves.

The GamePad is clearly the star of the show when it comes to the Wii U. It is the one feature the Wii U has that makes it stand apart from the 360/PS3 and it is the first "Next Gen" product that has been produced IMO.

Overall, i am very happy with my purchases and i am looking forward to seeing what Nintendo (and 3rd party publishers) come up with next.
    Cheers for the review. Some great points/opinions there. Definitely food for thought. I'm not arsed about all the technological jargon either, all I want to know is when I play it will i have a smile on my face and will I be bored of it within a month.
    I've had all the latest consoles, handhelds and the only one I've never traded in/sold on is my Xbox 360.
    Decisions, decisions. I don't know if its the cost that's holding me back. Normally I don't care.
  • nickthegun 11 Dec 2012 18:54:35 60,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow

Last night was my first experience of the online play with the Wii U (on BLOPS 2) and it was excellent.

For some reason, my NAT was set to moderate but i still had no problem whatsoever finding a fully populated game.

The performance is very smooth, didnt notice any lag at all. I got my buttocks handed to me for the first few games i played as i wasnt used to using the GamePad, after half an hour though i got the hang of it and i ended the night with a positive K/D ratio.

Cheers for the info fella, how are you finding the Wii U in general? Are you happy with it?

I posted my thoughts a couple of pages back mate, ill stick them below this post. Basically im chuffed to bits with it, a great little console with some cracking launch games. You cant underestimate just how special the GamePad is too, genuinely the first "next-gen" product.

Well, i have had a few hours with the console and the four games i have picked up at launch, finally time for some opinions. First off, i would like to state for the record i am not a fanboy of any kind - i own a 360 and a PS3, with the 360 being my console of choice.
    I thought the original Wii was absolute crap and, initially, i purchased the Wii U because i have more money than sense - and my sense is very limited :

Console
    initial impressions of the Wii U?, Very positive. The console itself is very nicely put together and has some excellent features. The Miiverse is a nice little social network which, i imagine, would become extremely useful if you had quite a few of your friends on there.

The eShop is much improved over the Wii. The layout is much clearer and its designed very nicely - the less said about the prices the better however!.

Apps like YouTube, Netflix and Lovefilm are a nice touch and they bring the Wii U a bit closer to the 360/PS3 in terms of what they have to offer apart from games.

Gamepad
    Initially i was very sceptical, i thought it would be some kind of gimmicky product that wouldn't work very well with the console. However, i am willing to admit when i'm wrong : The GamePad is fantastic. It is the one feature that the Wii U can truly say makes it "Next Gen".

Personally, i like the design of it. Some people think its too big, too light, cheaply made, etc. For me, it fits in the hands perfectly and the weight is spot on - i was also pleasantly surprised that Nintendo implemented a rumble feature, which does help when playing games like ZombiU.

When it comes to the games, i think the way the GamePad has been used in ZombiU is genius. Being able to scan environments, which actually transports you momentarily into the game, is a joy. Using the GamePad as a map is also very innovative, especially seeing as the game drops you into the middle of the London underground.

You see another genius use of the GamePad when you play something like Sonic AllStars too - playing multiplayer with another person, instead of playing split-screen as you would on the 360/PS3, one person uses the pad, the other uses the pro controller and the TV, and neither person has an advantage over the other.

In the future, if other split-screen co-op games are released multi-platform, i think i will find myself leaning towards the Wii U versions if this feature is implemented again. I would have loved to have seen Borderlands 2 on the Wii U.

Overall, the GamePad is the true innovation of the Wii U. I have no idea what Microsoft and Sony are planning for their next consoles, but i wouldnt be surprised if both implement a similar product.

Games
    In my opinion, the most important thing. At launch, i purchased the following games :

- ZombiU
    - Nintendo Land

ZombiU is a delight. The innovative use of the GamePad (as mentioned above), the graphics, the sound design and the brilliant Zombies all combine to make a truly memorable product. The sense of the threat and tension throughout the game, which is heightened by 'perma-death', is really nerve shredding and really adds to the atmosphere.

NSMBU is not a massive step-up from the previous games in the franchise, like others have said though its nice to see a Mario game in HD. The beautifully designed levels and colourful graphics really come to life with the upgrade and Mario has never looked better. Also, as simple as it sounds, being able to transfer the game to the GamePad and play elsewhere is a masterstroke.

Sonic All Stars is an excellent kart racer. Obviously, its filling the void until Mario Kart U is released, but is has merits all of its own. The flying/Boating sections are excellent and the game is simply loads of fun.

Nintendo Land is the weakest game of the bunch, but not a turd by any means. Single-player can get a bit dull and pointless, despite some clever uses of the GamePad, but in Multiplayer the game comes alive. A perfect game to stick on when people come to visit over Christmas.

Final Word

Impressive. It hasnt offended or abused me in any way and has even provided some moments of genuine joy. People keep talking about CPUs, GPUS, Clock speeds, etc, etc. None of that means anything to me - simply switching the console on and trying it for yourself, there are no technical inferiorities that present themselves.

The GamePad is clearly the star of the show when it comes to the Wii U. It is the one feature the Wii U has that makes it stand apart from the 360/PS3 and it is the first "Next Gen" product that has been produced IMO.

Overall, i am very happy with my purchases and i am looking forward to seeing what Nintendo (and 3rd party publishers) come up with next.
    Cheers for the review. Some great points/opinions there. Definitely food for thought. I'm not arsed about all the technological jargon either, all I want to know is when I play it will i have a smile on my face and will I be bored of it within a month.
    I've had all the latest consoles, handhelds and the only one I've never traded in/sold on is my Xbox 360.
    Decisions, decisions. I don't know if its the cost that's holding me back. Normally I don't care.
    More people need to quote this gigantic post.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 11 December 2012 18:54:56
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow

Console

Gamepad

Games

- ZombiU
    - Nintendo Land

Final Word

More people need to quote this gigantic post.
  • Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 18:59:14 9,805 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CrispyXUK
    You bought Blops yet?
  • captbirdseye 11 Dec 2012 19:26:15 5,033 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can anyone recommend a WiiU just for ZombiiU? Nothing else really interests me but ZombiiU looks Game of the Year material.
  • Progguitarist 11 Dec 2012 20:13:05 10,450 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems like a lot of money to lay out for one game.
  • neilka 11 Dec 2012 20:17:40 16,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a long way from game of any year material.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• RyanDS 11 Dec 2012 20:21:38 9,436 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It is awesome, but also flawed. Not goty material really.
  • captbirdseye 11 Dec 2012 20:23:51 5,033 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks guys. I think I might wait for a price drop then.
  • Progguitarist 11 Dec 2012 20:32:54 10,450 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think being a fan of Nintendo's games should be a deciding factor rather than just a single game.
  • captbirdseye 11 Dec 2012 21:00:52 5,033 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I think being a fan of Nintendo's games should be a deciding factor rather than just a single game.
    Don't get me wrong i love Nintendo games but at the moment nothing grabs me apart from ZombiiU.
  • Psychotext 11 Dec 2012 21:06:10 54,311 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Traitorous scum!
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 22:03:14
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @CrispyXUK
    You bought Blops yet?
    Nah, I'd hate it, it looks shit too
  • PhoenixFlames 11 Dec 2012 22:06:24 9,072 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @CrispyXUK
    You bought Blops yet?
    Nah, I'd hate it, it looks shit too
    The music on the ads make me want it. I liked BLOPS, why is this one shit?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Page

of 1365 First / Last