Wii U Page 382

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Raiko101 5 Dec 2012 17:18:38 6,301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zen Pinball is awesome. Zen Pinball 2? Yes please!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:18:48
    global wankings.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:23:06
    Pikmin Q2 :( looks great though.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:29:06
    So is the wii u worth a purchase then? Are the grahphics on par with the Xbox 360?
  • EMarkM 5 Dec 2012 17:31:48 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    So is the wii u worth a purchase then? Are the grahphics on par with the Xbox 360?
    This'll end well...
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:33:54
    @EMarkM

Oops sorry is this a touchy subject?

Genuine question though......s
  • MoGamer2006 5 Dec 2012 17:36:44 975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, me again.

So here we are, and my Wii U that I ordered from TheHut the day they put it on-site is still "Awaiting Stock Pick".

I actually tried to cancel it yesterday so I could get it elsewhere, but they said I couldn't cancel as it was about to be dispatched.

Yet here we are a day later, and it's still "Awaiting Stock Pick".

What an absolutely shoddy bloody outfit. Be warned: based on my experiences, don't *ever* pre-order from TheHut Group. You might save a tenner but it's not worth the effing stress!
  • EMarkM 5 Dec 2012 17:38:54 3,173 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @NeverEatYellowSnow Heh. "My graphics is moar better than yours" always seems to get everyone riled up. It seems that it's a question of, "sometimes yes; sometimes no."

Whole thread (and elsewhere) is full of rampant lunacy.

Most buyers seem very happy with their purchase, though :)

Edited by EMarkM at 17:43:48 05-12-2012
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 17:45:00
    EMarkM wrote:
    @NeverEatYellowSnow heh. "My graphics is moar better than yours" always seems to geteveryone riled up. It seems that it's a question of, "sometimes yes; sometimes no."

Whole thread (and elsewhere) is full of rampant lunacy.

Most buyers seem very happy with their purchase, though :)
    Haha sorry, I guess I should of worded it better. I'd be happy with some Nintendo magic being on par with the current gen graphics wise.
    Never really shown an interest in this until my brother in law got his and he's over the moon. Just had a little look in 'Game' but only the pad part was working and that only showed a menu.
  • ResidentKnievel 5 Dec 2012 17:54:13 6,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's on par with the 360 in terms of power, if you think the unique functions of the console and the exclusives that are out now are worth £300+ then go for it.

Don't buy it for potential games, best to wait until they're actually out as the console might be cheaper by then. And don't buy it for multi-platform games when you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• StevilKnevil 5 Dec 2012 17:54:40 310 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MoGamer2006 wrote:
    Yes, me again.

So here we are, and my Wii U that I ordered from TheHut the day they put it on-site is still "Awaiting Stock Pick".

I actually tried to cancel it yesterday so I could get it elsewhere, but they said I couldn't cancel as it was about to be dispatched.

Yet here we are a day later, and it's still "Awaiting Stock Pick".

What an absolutely shoddy bloody outfit. Be warned: based on my experiences, don't *ever* pre-order from TheHut Group. You might save a tenner but it's not worth the effing stress!
    Thats terrible treatment, absolutely shoddy. :-(
    Will avoid.

GT: SteviL UK PSN: SJM2007

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 18:00:40
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    It's on par with the 360 in terms of power, if you think the unique functions of the console and the exclusives that are out now are worth £300+ then go for it.

Don't buy it for potential games, best to wait until they're actually out as the console might be cheaper by then. And don't buy it for multi-platform games when you can get them cheaper elsewhere.
    I'm going to have a look at some videos on YouTube in a bit. Can you buy the tablet seperately for two player games? Can't imagine it coming cheap.

I wish predictive txt would just feck off!!
    Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 18:01:06 05-12-2012

Edited by NeverEatYellowSnow at 18:03:20 05-12-2012
  • Bremenacht 5 Dec 2012 18:04:11 18,222 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MoGamer2006 wrote:
    What an absolutely shoddy bloody outfit. Be warned: based on my experiences, don't *ever* buy from TheHut Group. You might save a tenner but it's not worth the effing stress!
    Thought I'd fix that a little for you.

TheHut are masters of offering stuff for sale that they haven't got. They're selling promises basically - promises they might not keep.
  • ResidentKnievel 5 Dec 2012 18:07:06 6,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can't buy the controller separately yet, I'd imagine they'll be £100+

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 5 December 2012 18:12:52
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Bloody hell that much? Can't see you needing a second one then.
  • Sid-Nice 5 Dec 2012 20:02:48 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sadly at this moment in time; people are judging the Wii U graphical capabilities on Xbox 360 ports. The Wii U versions of current third party AAA titles (Black Ops II, Mass Effect 3 and Assassins Creed III) stand up pretty well in comparison to the 360; although frame-rate issues have been reported in the Digital Foundry Face-off’s.

Digital Foundry also claimed that the Wii U version of Trine 2 is the definitive console version. Some AAA titles take years to develop and have hundreds of staff working on the game; ports on the other hand are normally developed by small independent studios, working with limited resources and a limited budget.

We’ll probably have to wait for a first party title; a 3D Mario or Metroid before people will say “Wow” unless third party developers decide to pour more resources into the Wii U version of multiplatform releases for October 2013.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 5 Dec 2012 21:30:59 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Zen Pinball is awesome. Zen Pinball 2? Yes please!
    Launch trailer.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sponz 5 Dec 2012 21:32:57 648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MoGamer2006 I'm not an expert, but isn't that against the law? Distance selling regulations and all that.

Here's a question from me. How do I take a screenshot that I see a lot of people attaching to Miiverse posts?
  • MoGamer2006 5 Dec 2012 21:38:22 975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Sponz Probably, but The Hut Group seem to be a law unto themselves.
  • Jmog 5 Dec 2012 21:50:26 394 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Bloody hell that much? Can't see you needing a second one then.
    Well, since no games support two of them, then the incentive to buy one is pretty low.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2012 22:11:35
    @Sponz Just press the home button at what part you want a picture and go straight to Miiverse. Post a comment and you'll see a picture icon at the top right.
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 22:12:47 9,645 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unless you're playing COD, where the home button doesn't work. I must read the manual.
  • Jmog 5 Dec 2012 22:36:48 394 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The home button is disabled in COD? Weird that Nintendo would allow this.

Are you sure? That would mean it's impossible to quit the game.
  • neilka 5 Dec 2012 22:37:58 15,914 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    YOU CAN NEVER QUIT BLOPS

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• chrisno21 5 Dec 2012 22:45:51 1,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is there still no firm(ish) date on wonderful101? Looks great.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Daeltaja 5 Dec 2012 22:47:58 1,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Basically, WiiU handles pretty graphics very well, (as Trine 2 has proved) but falls down on dealing with lots of computational things on screen at the same time due to a sub-par processor. In other words, good artists will make games shine on WiiU (as is true everywhere else..just to a slightly lesser extent)
  • Baleoce 5 Dec 2012 23:44:34 1,185 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The motion plus controls for the Zelda mini game in Nintendo Land is probably about ten times better than Skyward Sword. Obviously they've got used to the tech now. But that's great. I think a lot of people have been really sceptical about them continuing to support it, but hopefully they'll be able to do something decent with it now on this platform.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• spamdangled 5 Dec 2012 23:50:55 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Baleoce

The way I view it is that the wiimote and nunchuk only started to deliver on their potential right at the end of the wii's lifespan, so by transplanting it to the wii u we could see some very good stuff that finally put paid to any lingering cynicism about its viability for core gaming.

On top of that, we also get the added potential of completely new multiplayer experiences resulting from two completely different interfaces co-existing in the same game.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Baleoce 5 Dec 2012 23:57:39 1,185 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Agreed, I think it won't be long before we start seeing some really clever ways of utilizing both. That's why I like Nintendo Land, it's sort of a "Here's just a few of the things you can do. Now use your imagination", to other developers.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• spamdangled 6 Dec 2012 00:06:28 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Agreed, I think it won't be long before we start seeing some really clever ways of utilizing both. That's why I like Nintendo Land, it's sort of a "Here's just a few of the things you can do. Now use your imagination", to other developers.
    Yep, I agree. It is very much to the wiiU what sports was to the wii - not just a way to teach people how to use a new scheme, but a challenge to other devs to do better.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 1363 First / Last