Wii U Page 362

  • Page

    of 1411 First / Last

  • Uzisuicide 30 Nov 2012 23:06:50 5 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The pad tech is brilliant!

    Watching a Netflix HD movie transfer instantly from my TV to the pad and back again without a hitch blew me away, also Netflix seems to work a whole lot better on this than on my PS3 and 360 via wi-fi, the movies buffer and start a lot faster.
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 23:15:01 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Surprised by zombiu. Very polished for a low budget title, proper survival horror - not sure if I can handle the tension in it
    I know I couldn't! Proper scardy pants! :-)
    Thank you! You just cemented my choice of game to play next - zombiu or far cry 3.

    Zombiu it is. Been ages since i played a horror game that was actually scary.
    Duke Nukem made me jump. I'm staying well clear of ZombieU.
    Bless your cotton socks!

    Was it the blowjob action at the start of the game or the realisation it was even still possible to create such a shit game that was most frightening?

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Razz 30 Nov 2012 23:15:17 61,656 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Octopus dance is addictive. I haven't played much else lol

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • chrisno21 30 Nov 2012 23:15:22 1,548 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After a days play I have to say that the pad is fantastic, better than I thought it would be. Sure its only day one but I'm definitely impressed with the new controller.

    Taking Mario to bed to finish the session is also fantastic, not something I thought I'd be saying.

    Edited by chrisno21 at 23:17:12 30-11-2012

    PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:19:55
    Razz wrote:
    Octopus dance is addictive. I haven't played much else lol
    Haha great fun isn't it? Get on metroid, it's practically a full game you can play in the gun ship or on foot
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 23:22:06 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Specific observation regarding conduct rules:

    Given Ninty's overarching publicised intent to appeal to everyone equally, and given their rule in the t&c about discrimination, it seems genuinely hypocritical that they ban any reference to sexuality.

    Saying "it is all about the games" is fine in theory but fails to appreciate that giving people what amounts to a facebook page is granting them a license to express themslves.

    The kicker though is that if you are going to say sexuality should not even be relevamt, it really does help if you treat all sexualities by the same standard and don't focus the entirety of your marketing in the last 8 years around collaborative experiences involving white nuclear heterosexual families all enjoying themselves.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 23:37:43 30-11-2012

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:23:17
    Bore off, try posting a cock here
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:25:20
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    I keep changing my mind about this. I'm now in the "wait for a price drop" camp.

    199 for the 32GB with NSMBU and I'm in.

    However, if that takes too long then I'll probably find myself holding out for 720/PS4.
    Its probably the right thing to do.

    I read somewhere that stock prices are 205, and 260 odd respectively. The mark up on these things are huge, they know they will sell. i think after christmas we may see prices drop 20-30 pounds per se.

    I would love one now, going to try and hold out till rayman. Hopefully by christmas we will have sure dates for pikmin and monster hunter, and maybe a couple more unnanounced games.

    Problem is i have head rushes of just going fuck it going to get one anyway!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 30 Nov 2012 23:33:09 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    griff_dai wrote:
    Traded:
    Hitman
    Halo 4
    and
    XCOM

    CEX trade in: 84.00
    GAME: 51:00

    AS CeX is within the mile GAME were forced to trade in price match :)

    Walked out with FC3 and 41 quid on a gift card and 9 on the rewards card.... That may go towards a Wii U
    My local CEX is on the same street as Gamestation (so same thing as Game these days). They actively collude to not compete with each other on price right in front of customers - I've been in gamestation when someone from CEX strolled in and they swapped information about how much each shop was offering on trade in for a certain game (can't remember which one, it was ages ago).

    Given the trade in prices are handed down from head office I assume they then feed that information back (assuming this happens in various places due to regional differences in demand?). Might explain why on some titles theres a huge difference in some titles and not others - on the big titles they can both rip off customers equally without losing customers to each other.
    cex prices are fixed and set at head office. The stores have no descretion.
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 23:41:40 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    I keep changing my mind about this. I'm now in the "wait for a price drop" camp.

    199 for the 32GB with NSMBU and I'm in.

    However, if that takes too long then I'll probably find myself holding out for 720/PS4.
    Its probably the right thing to do.

    I read somewhere that stock prices are 205, and 260 odd respectively. The mark up on these things are huge, they know they will sell. i think after christmas we may see prices drop 20-30 pounds per se.

    I would love one now, going to try and hold out till rayman. Hopefully by christmas we will have sure dates for pikmin and monster hunter, and maybe a couple more unnanounced games.

    Problem is i have head rushes of just going fuck it going to get one anyway!
    The price is all over the place. When I preordered the premium it was 324. In the two weeks before relase it shot up to 379 due to preorder demand, and now places are raising game prices to boot to stupid extremes to exploit unexpected demand. Luckily shopto has a price guarantee in place so the price I preordered at was honured 9 months later. Really shit for people who lurked on the fence though.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 23:43:01 30-11-2012

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 23:45:18 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    griff_dai wrote:
    Traded:
    Hitman
    Halo 4
    and
    XCOM

    CEX trade in: 84.00
    GAME: 51:00

    AS CeX is within the mile GAME were forced to trade in price match :)

    Walked out with FC3 and 41 quid on a gift card and 9 on the rewards card.... That may go towards a Wii U
    My local CEX is on the same street as Gamestation (so same thing as Game these days). They actively collude to not compete with each other on price right in front of customers - I've been in gamestation when someone from CEX strolled in and they swapped information about how much each shop was offering on trade in for a certain game (can't remember which one, it was ages ago).

    Given the trade in prices are handed down from head office I assume they then feed that information back (assuming this happens in various places due to regional differences in demand?). Might explain why on some titles theres a huge difference in some titles and not others - on the big titles they can both rip off customers equally without losing customers to each other.
    cex prices are fixed and set at head office. The stores have no descretion.
    I never said otherwise!

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 23:51:57
    Yes, the OS is software.

    Maybe DM can elaborate for us all.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 00:00:26
    ultra-Jane wrote:
    I take it the OS speed can be improved given some news I read that it's basically that software that can be coded whenever, not built into the system?
    After a couple of hours it sorts itself out. Only slow when you go to settinga
  • Ziz0u 1 Dec 2012 00:00:54 8,648 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    .

    Edited by ZizouFC at 00:01:34 01-12-2012
  • Jazzy_Geoff 1 Dec 2012 00:09:14 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    griff_dai wrote:
    Traded:
    Hitman
    Halo 4
    and
    XCOM

    CEX trade in: 84.00
    GAME: 51:00

    AS CeX is within the mile GAME were forced to trade in price match :)

    Walked out with FC3 and 41 quid on a gift card and 9 on the rewards card.... That may go towards a Wii U
    My local CEX is on the same street as Gamestation (so same thing as Game these days). They actively collude to not compete with each other on price right in front of customers - I've been in gamestation when someone from CEX strolled in and they swapped information about how much each shop was offering on trade in for a certain game (can't remember which one, it was ages ago).

    Given the trade in prices are handed down from head office I assume they then feed that information back (assuming this happens in various places due to regional differences in demand?). Might explain why on some titles theres a huge difference in some titles and not others - on the big titles they can both rip off customers equally without losing customers to each other.
    cex prices are fixed and set at head office. The stores have no descretion.
    I never said otherwise!
    You said the two shops collude
  • Jazzy_Geoff 1 Dec 2012 00:14:11 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    eBay suggests demand is low

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Wii+u&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
  • Moot_Point 1 Dec 2012 00:16:50 4,615 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Baleoce Not since the latest 360 update. I think Sony and MS are competing for most ads on a console. I would rather stick with my Rolls to be honest. ;)

    Ed: So in fairness, I accept your alternative picture.

    Edited by Moot_Point at 00:18:04 01-12-2012

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • BryanAKADJ 1 Dec 2012 00:20:30 284 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got mine ordered, saved about 150$ from the other company I tried to buy it from but still payed more than retail price, but its being shipped express so should be here before my birthday
    Also got "New" Super Mario Bros. U
    Hurray Amazon!

    Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

  • Baleoce 1 Dec 2012 00:22:23 1,187 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Moot_Point Oh I'd take the Rolls too xD I love to play a bit of everything, but the PC is the only thing you'd have to prize out of my cold dead fingers.

    Edited by Baleoce at 00:22:39 01-12-2012

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • spamdangled 1 Dec 2012 01:10:31 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Jazzy_Geoff

    Yes i did, and did so whilst adressing prices being set in head office! I could well be wrong and it was admittedly a while ago, but in northampton, the trade ins they both offer on the biggest titles are identical rather than the gulfs reported elsewhere.

    after all, its previously been revealed how they actively buy up cheap stock from competition to create artificial demand that allows them to sell at a markup as the only place with srock. not really a stretch to suggest that it makes their life difficult to sell at a markup if there is competition right next door offering the same thing cheaper.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 01:19:35 01-12-2012

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Deleted user 1 December 2012 01:12:39
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    eBay suggests demand is low

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Wii+u&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
    i went on amazon earlier when the machine was unavailble. and prices were 500. as soon as they were listed in stock, they plummented to 300 again.
  • spamdangled 1 Dec 2012 01:25:36 27,466 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ultra-Jane

    something something blatant sock

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Jazzy_Geoff 1 Dec 2012 01:27:02 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure what you're getting at but all the cex trade in and sale prices are set by head office. It has nothing to do with what happens on Northampton. Possibly they collude at head office level but I doubt it. That is all.

    Edited by Jazzy_Geoff at 01:27:28 01-12-2012
  • Page

    of 1411 First / Last

Log in or register to reply