Wii U Page 350

• Page

of 1365 First / Last

• NotSoSlim 30 Nov 2012 11:00:54 3,127 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ltbobby wrote:
    People who keep slagging off the Wii U are jealous! Basically it doesnt matter if the graphics arent quite as good as 360 or ps3. Im just pleased we now have an HD Nintendo console and ive even more pleased that Motion control is less important because gamepad/touchscreen are far better. If the original Wii was Hd and stuck to traditionsl controls I wouldve been happy as Nintendo games really are better than snyone else's.
    Please mate its feeding the problem.

Agree on HD games. I am impressed that Wii U ports designed for two totally different systems have minor issues

Side note WiiU section finally

Edited by NotSoSlim at 11:01:46 30-11-2012
  • harriselhoff 30 Nov 2012 11:02:06 169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't want to spoil anything, but only Nintendo would do what they've done graphics wise for the wii system transfer :)
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 11:02:42
    Yeah, it's pretty cool isn't it? :)
  • Razz 30 Nov 2012 11:03:23 61,279 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How does the transfer work? Is it over Wifi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 11:04:20 60,136 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They had to make some effort. because its an absolutely downs way of doing it.

Thankfully I didnt have much data to transfer but it still took ages.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• neilka 30 Nov 2012 11:05:06 16,101 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RS-232 serial port

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Nov 2012 11:05:35 38,352 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, you have to redownload everything.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• harriselhoff 30 Nov 2012 11:08:14 169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Razz

You have to have the Wii and Wii U connected to the Internet, and an SD card. It seems to do some kind of online verification thing with both consoles, and then you use the SD card to transfer the saves (I think). My Wii U seems to now be redownloading everything.
  • neilka 30 Nov 2012 11:10:00 16,101 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i.e. a more convoluted process than anyone could have ever jokingly made up.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 11:11:07 9,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    true. Just imagine if they'd used fucking Microsoft 'points' in the store too!
  • nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 11:13:24 60,136 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For real. Its absolutely unbelievable.

If you opened it on christmas morning, 9am, you would conservatively be playing games at 3pm, as the all the games need software updates too, nintendo land being the worst piss taker.

• Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 11:14:14 9,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Am I the only one who just 'started' the games and downloaded the updates in the background? :lol:
  • nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 11:15:29 60,136 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently, yes.

• gamingdave 30 Nov 2012 11:20:35 4,238 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To do the initial setup does the Wii U need to be plugged into a display, or can it all be done through the pad?

It's being delivered to my office, and so I can get the updates installed this afternoon but my monitor only has DVI and display port connectors (though I may have an HDMI/DVI cable lying around somewhere).
  • nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 11:22:45 60,136 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    For real. Its absolutely unbelievable.

If you opened it on christmas morning, 9am, you would conservatively be playing games at 3pm, as the all the games need software updates too, nintendo land being the worst piss taker.
    5 hours noncing the kids, an hour to install updates
    I suppose all the pissing about does free your time up for other things, yes.

• Sid-Nice 30 Nov 2012 11:23:12 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Wii U has failed to generate any interest to the nongaming community and people are confused to whether the Wii U is a new console or an add-on device for Nintendo’s existing console the Wii. Analyst Lance west from Thong Dong and Plonker claims “The home console industry will see a downward trend over the next generation of consoles” adding “Competition from the Android, tablet and Smart Phone markets will see a decrease in console sales.”

Furthermore “The multimedia applications are available on a multitude of devices and the big selling features of recent console generations (DVD and Blu-Ray) media players won’t be system seller’s next gen.” In response to the Wii U West went on to say “The Wii U is a £100 too expensive for the mass market; there is very little the Wii U has to offer to justify a purchase when similar products can be bought for half that price.”

NNID Sid-Nice

• Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 11:23:44 9,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thong Dong and Plonker :lol:
  • Ultrasoundwave 30 Nov 2012 11:30:29 3,319 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Thongs, Dongs and Plonkers
    Arousing.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 11:32:09 27,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Ps3 had huge launch queues. Try again.
    Who the fuck is queuing for a console in 2012 when you get it delivered a day earlier
    My thoughts exactly!

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Ziz0u 30 Nov 2012 11:35:14 8,394 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But seriously, where's Higgins?

He didn't come home last night...
  • Raiko101 30 Nov 2012 11:35:23 6,341 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got as far as the system update itself, but there's no movement in that bar at all. It's pure grey. Nothing. Gulp!

It's only been a minute I suppose.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• NotSoSlim 30 Nov 2012 11:35:32 3,127 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    The Wii U has failed to generate any interest to the nongaming community and people are confused to whether the Wii U is a new console or an add-on device for Nintendo’s existing console the Wii. Analyst Lance west from Thong Dong and Plonker claims “The home console industry will see a downward trend over the next generation of consoles” adding “Competition from the Android, tablet and Smart Phone markets will see a decrease in console sales.”

Furthermore “The multimedia applications are available on a multitude of devices and the big selling features of recent console generations (DVD and Blu-Ray) media players won’t be system seller’s next gen.” In response to the Wii U West went on to say “The Wii U is a £100 too expensive for the mass market; there is very little the Wii U has to offer to justify a purchase when similar products can be bought for half that price.”
    Nice to know but as with any console software determines success

Wii was a exception to rule and even now i bet Ninty wished they charged more
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 11:38:07 27,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    @ltbobby So what was Nintendo’s solution?

When I upgraded my Virgin Media broadband a while back I received a free Net-Gear N router and dongle. I noticed that the Wii had issues with the router so I continued using my D-Link Extreme G. When the 100 Meg broadband arrived I received the all-in-one Virgin Media Hub which has been fine for all of my other devices.

The wireless connection debacle should be easily remedied by Nintendo including an Ethernet port on the console; the omission of Ethernet and optical connections is a joke. 1 solution would be for me to buy the Wii LAN USB connector (these will rapidly rise in price on E-bay over the next few weeks) but why should I or anyone else have to purchase other peripherals when the console should work properly out of the box.
    We just actually changed our router today to a Netgear one very similar to the N model. Wii U has absolutely no problems with it. Must just be that specific model rather than Netgear in general.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 11:39:03 27,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    But seriously, where's Higgins?

He didn't come home last night...
    Maybe he found sexy time whilst queuing at retail.

• nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 11:39:19 60,136 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You are another embarrassment to nintendo fans the world over.

Please go and stand in the corner.

• harriselhoff 30 Nov 2012 11:41:23 169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Raiko101

Mine did that too, and the modem lights weren't blinking, but it does eventually move. Just a pubes width at a time though.
  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 11:43:54 27,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Whether it is genuinely in that position or not is debatable, but even if it is that does not mean it will continue to be in that position in the future.

The 3DS suffered from exactly the same consumer apathy due to people being confused as to whether it was a new console or a revision and high early adoption retail price. Then over time, as word of mouth spread the first point changed and then when Ninty lowered the price it led to a rapid and decisive turnaround in fortunes.

TL,DR: A lack of initial demand doesn't guarantee overall failure in the long run.

• LeoliansBro 30 Nov 2012 11:44:28 44,416 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A lack of initial demand doesn't help.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 11:44:28 27,356 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You are another embarrassment to nintendo fans the world over.

Please go and stand in the corner.
    Addressed to whom and why?

• Page

of 1365 First / Last