Wii U Page 348

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• Pirotic Moderator 30 Nov 2012 08:44:30 20,646 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anybody else having probs with the analog stick jumping the selection up and down on the menus when just trying to go left and right?
  • Whizzo 30 Nov 2012 08:52:39 43,057 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You'd think GAME would have learnt some lessons about pricing by now but apparently not.

This space left intentionally blank.

• dominalien 30 Nov 2012 08:54:23 6,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Anybody else having probs with the analog stick jumping the selection up and down on the menus when just trying to go left and right?
    I'd say analogue sticks are generally ill-suited to selecting menus, for the exact reason you say. I, for one, will instinctively go for the d-pad when presented with a menu.

PSN: DonOsito

• Raiko101 30 Nov 2012 08:55:55 6,175 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Pirotic I noticed you posted that yesterday, to no response. My Wii U arrives in a couple of hours, i'll let you know if i'm getting the same problems. It sounds minor, but it would do my head in after a while!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• javvyman 30 Nov 2012 08:57:08 708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Baleoce Dude, do you work for nyko?, if you do, just come out with it man.

Nobody is debating that device has function, just that with the size of the battery compartment, there is the possibility of a much better solution. I'd be happy with that thing... if it wasn't so clearly built with a budget in mind, probably costing about 2.00 to build and clearly accomadating no more than a 1500mah battery yet still sticking out as it does. I understand it's cheap, about 15.00, but considering you get a high end 5000mah battery extender right now that works on just about any USB device, this item stinks...
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 08:59:38 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wish I was playing ZombiU instead of listening to women witter on about Bleach!!!
  • andijames 30 Nov 2012 09:01:40 2,704 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awesome! Out for delivery. Between 14.00 - 15.00 O_o

Oh well 5 hours to kill! Bloody hope my games turn up too from the hut :D

vivir el momento

• Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 09:02:26 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Need to go to HMV and exchange so stuff at lunchtime for a couple of Nunchuks. Are the WiiU branded ones just the same as the Wii ones?
  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 09:02:58 1,185 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    @Baleoce Dude, do you work for nyko?, if you do, just come out with it man.
    Of course, looking upon anythign positively makes you a fanboy or an employee, I forgot.

Yes, there will be better and more powerful batteries eventually that simply sit on the inside, that's obvious. But considering it's a portable stand (and that's the only reason it protrudes vertically) I think this is by no means a horrible device.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Jazzassin 30 Nov 2012 09:05:04 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    I can't see why negative comments don't count as discussion tbh, let's face it, this is probably the most lacklustre launch of a major console since...woooo...not sure, for a good long while anyway. Most people don't even know its here. There is no buzz whatsoever.
    Thats a bad thing? Thing will sell so Nintendo are happy, buzz will be generated when they decide to promote it.

Screams of avoiding Wii shortages and let word of mouth spread. 400k US people knew about it
    So you're suggesting they've released a major new product and have decided not to market it to avoid shortages?

That's completely insane. Shortages and queues generate news headlines and make people who didn't even know the product existed want one.

In the real world a CEO who decided not to market a new product because he didn't want it to get sold out would be out on his ass faster than the speed of light. But of course this is Nintendo we're talking about, and they simply can't do anything wrong, ever... am I right?

PS. For the record, I loved Ninty stuff up to and including the Gamecube, but the Wii was a major disappointment. Multiplatform games are too important to miss these days, unlike in the old days when you bought consoles mostly for the exclusives.

Edited by Jazzassin at 09:08:46 30-11-2012
  • Raiko101 30 Nov 2012 09:07:32 6,175 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just in case people are confused as to what controllers they'll need for Nintendo Land, I stole this from Nintendo Life's recent review.

"One final note is that to get the most out of Nintendo Land, you're going to need a decent collection of hardware: Wii Remote Plus controllers are required for Metroid Blast and Zelda: Battle Quest (though every other attraction is playable with a standard Wii Remote) and the Metroid game needs a Nunchuck for each ground player as well."

Edited by Raiko101 at 09:11:10 30-11-2012

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 30 November 2012 09:13:43
    So i just woke up with the pad next to me, fired it up to see if anyone is online and a bit of browsing.

might get out of bed at some point :)
  • NotSoSlim 30 Nov 2012 09:14:39 3,119 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Awesome! Out for delivery. Between 14.00 - 15.00 O_o

Oh well 5 hours to kill! Bloody hope my games turn up too from the hut :D
    Mines before 10.30 so happy days bar waiting for update to download
  • NotSoSlim 30 Nov 2012 09:21:38 3,119 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jazzassin wrote:
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    I can't see why negative comments don't count as discussion tbh, let's face it, this is probably the most lacklustre launch of a major console since...woooo...not sure, for a good long while anyway. Most people don't even know its here. There is no buzz whatsoever.
    Thats a bad thing? Thing will sell so Nintendo are happy, buzz will be generated when they decide to promote it.

Screams of avoiding Wii shortages and let word of mouth spread. 400k US people knew about it
    So you're suggesting they've released a major new product and have decided not to market it to avoid shortages?

That's completely insane. Shortages and queues generate news headlines and make people who didn't even know the product existed want one.

In the real world a CEO who decided not to market a new product because he didn't want it to get sold out would be out on his ass faster than the speed of light. But of course this is Nintendo we're talking about, and they simply can't do anything wrong, ever... am I right?

PS. For the record, I loved Ninty stuff up to and including the Gamecube, but the Wii was a major disappointment. Multiplatform games are too important to miss these days, unlike in the old days when you bought consoles mostly for the exclusives.
    They sell 400k in launch week and sell out basically in one region and have not released globally and all you hear is doom and gloom articles.

Its pathetic. Its how it sells the year prior to other two console releases thats important not after a week. If they sell 5m by April as they have suggested is that a failure?

Seems to be a fair few games out early part on next year so judge it then

And no Ninty can do alot wrong the Wii was all wrong but thats my own opinion

Edited by NotSoSlim at 09:28:03 30-11-2012
  • roz123 30 Nov 2012 09:25:15 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Pirotic No, although I did find that I kept pressing one of the back shoulder buttons by accident when it was resting on my leg which would cause it to do unexpected things.

The update took me a little over an hour but the general setup (miiverse, online etc) was made a bit of a chore by the excessive loading times for simple menus. Hopefully they fix this soon.
    The Miiverse looks pretty good, saw a knob nosed man but it was deleted before I got to like it. Some of the popular drawings are outstanding.
    Browser is fast, the curtain is funny and the ability to keep browsing whilst a video plays on the TV works really well.

Played a lot of Nintendo Land last night with my girlfriend. Its a lot of fun, didn't get to try them all but Luigis Mansion was the highlight based on first impressions.

Edited by roz123 at 09:25:54 30-11-2012
  • nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 09:25:18 59,333 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AS shown by the Wii, its not the amount of units they shift, its the amount of games they sell.

Fingers crossed they will be able to shift more than one copy of wii fit per unit this time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• javvyman 30 Nov 2012 09:27:23 708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CrispyXUK Heh, did the same except went straight down to check gamepad range. Works in the bedroom \o/

Also, i've added you, my NNID is JeDiSHan
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 09:28:16
    So all my OS speed issues are gone now it's populated from Miiverse, could still use a bit of improvement and the settings app is super slow to load.

Of to get Tekken soon, anyone else got it?
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 09:29:05
    @javvyman Through miiverse? Haven't had a notification?
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 09:30:01 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    So all my OS speed issues are gone now it's populated from Miiverse, could still use a bit of improvement and the settings app is super slow to load.

Of to get Tekken soon, anyone else got it?
    I MIGHT get Tekken at lunchtime...has it got Online?
  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 09:31:37 1,185 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    It would be pretty much scandalous if it didn't.

• andijames 30 Nov 2012 09:37:53 2,704 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has sonic racing got online? May be a daft question really but I imagine that's one game perfectly suited to a few laughs online :)

vivir el momento

• javvyman 30 Nov 2012 09:39:40 708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CrispyXUK Added through friend list. Registered your name but it says you need to add me too for it to complete.

How do you add through mii verse?
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 09:40:14
    Baleoce wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    It would be pretty much scandalous if it didn't.
    Yeah it has online, was in an article on one site yesterday because they mentioned Wii u games dont have online passes as of yet, so no pass needed for Tekken, AC3, Fifa, Mass Effect 3.
  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 09:45:14 1,185 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Has sonic racing got online? May be a daft question really but I imagine that's one game perfectly suited to a few laughs online :)
    Yup, it has the Nintendo Network logo on the front and back of the box. Also reads:

Race online in incredible multiplayer races & arenas plus take split-screen gaming online.
    I also believe that the Wii U version has extra game modes.

• javvyman 30 Nov 2012 09:46:45 708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CrispyXUK nevermind, just got off mii verse, much easier through there. FR sent.
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 09:47:21 9,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks guys...hmm, see how much these stupid nunchuk things are.
  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 09:47:37 1,185 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Apparently the whole friending system becomes a lot easier after you've played with that person online. I don't know how, I just remember reading it.

• Buenos_Estente 30 Nov 2012 09:53:06 268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So my wii u that wasn't meant to arrive till the 10th from tesco and that apparently still wasn't dispatched just turned up - result!!

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Nov 2012 09:57:11 37,663 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wrote a flame-bait article about the Wii U for AATG.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 1354 First / Last