Trials Evolution Page 84

• Page

of 87 First / Last

• monkehhh 26 Dec 2012 19:53:52 3,324 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Spong add some Trials folks from here (my GT is monkehhh, but I'm not great!), it's good for watching replays of people you can ask stuff and racing their ghosts. Definitely go through and unlock the bikes, you'll want the 250cc, then go back for the medals.
  • Spong 26 Dec 2012 21:33:19 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkehhh I'll add you next time I play, thanks. If anyone wants to add me and laugh at my pathetic times, my tag is Spong1975

I've got the Scorpion 450cc bike unlocked (that helped me breeze past the gold on Sunset Stripped) and the A-license test is waiting for me to take it, although I've got all of the Collateral Damage races to do yet. The only race I haven't got a gold on now is Terminal Velocity's Sewage Plant. Those bloody water pipe things and the effect they have on my bike are completely unpredictable. I can finish the race in the time needed for the gold, but those fucking pipes (three in particular towards the end) make me fault every time.

Edited by Spong at 21:36:01 26-12-2012
  • andytheadequate 26 Dec 2012 21:40:32 8,179 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My top tip with those horrible pipes is to let go of the analogue stick and let the ride sort himself out. You might flip but it often flips you so you land perfectly, as long as you're going fast enough. It took me ages to platinum but once I learnt that it wasn't too hard.

Any Trials track that requires luck (ie anything with moving parts that send your bike flying) are annoying and should be a skill game instead

Edited by andytheadequate at 01:21:05 27-12-2012
  • monkehhh 26 Dec 2012 22:03:40 3,324 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, you're not alone in hating the pipes!
  • Ka-blamo 27 Dec 2012 01:26:52 7,351 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SpongThe only race I haven't got a gold on now is Terminal Velocity's Sewage Plant. Those bloody water pipe things and the effect they have on my bike are completely unpredictable. I can finish the race in the time needed for the gold, but those fucking pipes (three in particular towards the end) make me fault every time.
    Hold forwards/right before and during hitting the water pipe things and the bike should stay level, it might take a load of goes and it seems unpredictable but its work-out-able, All I did was expect the pipes to try flip you backwards onto your head, once you're expecting it you can work around it. I.E hold forwards :)

Edited by Ka-blamo at 12:58:53 27-12-2012
  • Spong 27 Dec 2012 09:51:02 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for the tips guys, much appreciated.
  • L_Franko Moderator 27 Dec 2012 10:10:12 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sod those pipes!

Anyway, I've managed to get a bit of time with the new dlc and it is another great add-on for Evo.
    My only niggle would be that the easier tracks have a slightly harder platinum target to what we've been used to in the past. No major problem but I was up late last night trying to get the plat on the second easy track and even though I finally managed it I don't think there is enough soap in the world to clean my mouth out with.

All the tracks seem to have a great flow and I'm looking forward to getting the plats on a number of them which I probably do tonight once the mediums are delt with.
    One or two of the hard tracks seem harder than one or two extreme tracks I've played through the series, reminds me of King of the Hill from HD, that track should have been a starting extreme track.

There is a lot of fun and frustration to be had with the 400 points it cost, I don't think you will find better value for money on the whole market place.
  • Petulant_Radish 27 Dec 2012 10:53:51 609 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah for the price of a pint it's certainly the best value for me. Not caned the tracks yet but having run through the hard tracks initially when drunk I had decided they were the hardest ever. First sober run through reveals less hard than first thought...still tricky though.
  • SFD 27 Dec 2012 14:42:24 493 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looking for folk to compare times with

GT Sir FuzzyDunlop

Loving the new DLC. It really is excellent.
  • L_Franko Moderator 27 Dec 2012 14:47:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Friend request sent.
  • SFD 27 Dec 2012 21:30:00 493 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks. I dunno if it's a good thing having people with good times on my list... The one more go ends up being 50!

If they ever want to check how many aliens there are on this planet then surely the top of the trials leaderboards would be the best place to start.

Edited by SFD at 21:30:22 27-12-2012
  • Spong 27 Dec 2012 23:27:54 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SFD I'll send you friend request. I'm a complete spastic at the game, you're guaranteed to feel superior ;)

Anyway, I've been getting acquainted with Gigatrack. I've spent well over an hour on it and have yet to reach the end, that's if it actually ends, I'm beginning to suspect otherwise. It's a monster of a track, I don't recall playing a track that was so long, but I'm loving it. I haven't got to the end of it yet because, with me being the way I am, the moment I fault, I restart the race because I know carrying on means I won't get a gold if & when I do finish.

Edited by Spong at 23:28:47 27-12-2012
  • monkehhh 27 Dec 2012 23:42:41 3,324 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Spong It is worth just getting a time / fault count in for Gigatrack, as there's only a few bits that might trip you up (but you need to be familiar with them), then work on bettering it. Zero faulting that bad boy is an amazing feeling :)

Edited by monkehhh at 23:43:15 27-12-2012
  • Spong 28 Dec 2012 00:05:12 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkehhh Cheers for the advice. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to this game. When the races aren't that difficult and I know I can do them, I always impose that gold standard on myself. Giga isn't exactly hard, it's just looong and stringing together a perfect run is proving to be harder than the actual race appears to be. I can make it past the big roller coaster jumps over the freight cars somewhere around the two-minute mark, but it's always some dumbass mistake that gets me.

Also, now you've accepted my friend request, I've got your ghost taunting and/or goading me every time I play \o/
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Dec 2012 10:03:29 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gigatrack is a great track and when you are nearing the very end on 0 faults it is probably one of the tensest (is that right - tensest?) Trials track around. Like monkeh said, it is a great feeling when you 0 fault it.

Spent more time on the dlc last night and greatly enjoyed myself. I've started banging out some platinums now I know the flow of the tracks, some of the hard ones are brilliant.
    Only thing with it is I have no idea what the new bike is for.
  • Ka-blamo 29 Dec 2012 03:47:53 7,351 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well gentleman you have a world record holder amongst you

/flexes muscles

It's a skill game and I'm not sure how long my score will last, but I'm currently #1 on 'Vertically challenged' on the new DLC

I'm pleased :) I wish it was on a real track but hey, I'll take it :)
  • Nanocrystal 29 Dec 2012 04:24:41 1,018 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sweet, nice one! I generally avoid the skill games but am getting addicted to Neverending Trials.
  • Ka-blamo 29 Dec 2012 04:48:16 7,351 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    I generally avoid the skill games
    So does everyone else, how do you think I got a #1? :)
  • ComradePete 29 Dec 2012 08:12:54 487 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cracking stuff ka-blamo, well done!

Where are you on the global leaderboards now?
  • booped 29 Dec 2012 10:22:16 282 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well done Ka-blamo :)
  • Ka-blamo 29 Dec 2012 12:08:37 7,351 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ComradePete

Thank you, thanks booped.

For the main overall leaderboards I'm in the 400s(next to booped), but with the DLC not so great. For some reason I really struggle with extremes on the DLCs
  • ComradePete 29 Dec 2012 13:12:54 487 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new extremes are pretty fiendish, I've only managed them with the new bike.
  • Spong 29 Dec 2012 21:44:55 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's time to play humour the "special" boy. I've been completing some of the hard difficulty tracks and I'm well chuffed to bits. I'm still shit by everyone else's standard, but I don't care \o/

I've got the Phoenix Evo 250cc now and it's completely mental, it's so damn light and manoeuvrable, it flips if I so much as cough at the wrong time. I was all over the place with it at first, but I'm getting the hang of it now. I get these moments of apparent genius where everything just works, the wheels land in the right place, the rider's weight's the right place, I accelerate at the right pace and a track flies past like I know what I'm doing all the time.

I'm enjoying Evo in a way I never managed with the original, things are just suddenly making sense. It makes me want to go back to the original and have another crack at it.
  • monkehhh 29 Dec 2012 21:48:19 3,324 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice going Spong, keep at it. I think the 250 is the go-to bike for the tricky stuff (though I have been using the 350 in the new DLC, and the BMX can be fun).

Got a time in all the new experts apart from 'The Forge' (IIRC), absolute bastard!
  • Nanocrystal 29 Dec 2012 22:20:13 1,018 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dystopia was an absolute ball-ache to platinum. Spent two straight hours on it yesterday... stupid moving ramps that send you flying off in random directions, ARGH.
  • Spong 29 Dec 2012 22:49:27 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hurrah! Got my first platinum medal on Paine Island's Cauldron Trail. I'm officially doing better than I did with the original, seeing as I never even unlocked platinum medals on that. Loving the Gecko 520 BMX, the bunny-hopping antics you can do with it are excellent.
  • andytheadequate 30 Dec 2012 00:09:36 8,179 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The phoenix on evo is much harder to control than the phoenix on HD, so you should find it easier to go back to.

I still only have 5 patinums on the new dlc, I haven't properly had a go of it yet. Might leave it until I'm in the mood for it
  • monkehhh 31 Dec 2012 14:39:58 3,324 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, I've got a time in all the new tracks, now to platinum them all..

In summary
    - I've been using the new 350cc a fair bit
    - a hard track called Bazaar Run was really hard
    - The Forge was a twat
  • L_Franko Moderator 31 Dec 2012 14:48:37 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Need to get back on this as I've not touched it for a few days.
    Might give the new bike another go tonight but it just doesn't seem to have the go in it like the phoenix does.
  • andytheadequate 31 Dec 2012 14:50:23 8,179 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new bike is good but I don't like the sound of it...
  • Page

of 87 First / Last