of 87 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 20 Dec 2012 10:15:45 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool, cheers for the info chaps.
  • Ka-blamo 20 Dec 2012 11:31:37 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a spaz through the levels last night at a about midnight before bed, I liked them. it gets really hard though. I can't imainge zero faulting some of the extremes but I said that about the extremes on trials Evo so we'll see.

One level I thought I did well on, and turns out I took 91 faults o_0 heh

A few of the skill games are worth the money alone, Speed freak and the high jump one are brilliant, with a special mention to the randomly generated level which I can't wait to get my teeth into.
  • Gartt 20 Dec 2012 12:14:14 1,735 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sweet, shall get this later.
  • booped 20 Dec 2012 12:24:22 282 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah level is a bit harder than the previous DLC, lots of good tracks.

Some extremes are easier with new bike like the forge.
  • Gartt 20 Dec 2012 12:28:17 1,735 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you use the new bike on the old tracks or just the dlc tracks?
  • booped 20 Dec 2012 12:29:30 282 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just DLC and I assume custom tracks that enable it
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Dec 2012 19:19:06 37,844 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Here's me playing the first set of tracks for the first time...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• andytheadequate 20 Dec 2012 19:24:10 8,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't believe it took me nearly 400 faults to do the last extreme track. It didn't even seem that hard, I was just being shit.

The skill games are pretty fun, a lot more novelty ones this time around, for better or worse
  • oceanmotion 20 Dec 2012 19:27:52 15,820 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I feel better about my Trials skills. :p
  • andytheadequate 20 Dec 2012 21:35:51 8,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I reckon I'll be able to get the extremes town to a reasonable number of faults. They didn't seem too hard, I just kept failing on the same few obstacles.
  • Ka-blamo 21 Dec 2012 13:10:50 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, EG Riders of Doom Christmas Competition? o:)
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Dec 2012 13:15:31 9,694 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not yet! I'm not getting the download until Boxing day.

I vote for a hard track this time.
  • Ka-blamo 21 Dec 2012 13:28:55 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Not yet! I'm not getting the download until Boxing day.

I vote for a hard track this time.
    There aren't many easy tracks on ROD so you'll get your wish I reckon :)
  • Petulant_Radish 21 Dec 2012 14:15:41 603 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    God, I won't be up there if it's a hard one but I'll have a pop! I got back into it with a vengeance last night.
  • buggrit 21 Dec 2012 14:54:30 5,178 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFUCKYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, I'm playing.
  • ComradePete 21 Dec 2012 15:55:17 483 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    So, EG Riders of Doom Christmas Competition? o:)
    Yep, last person to download the dlc wins. :p
  • Red_Bool 22 Dec 2012 00:13:15 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The RoD tracks are quite a bit harder than the OoP ones, aren't they?
    Spent over 2 hours playing just now. My head is aching. :)
  • ComradePete 23 Dec 2012 13:23:32 483 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a quick bash last night, all good so far - the tracks all seem really long!

Extremes are pretty challenging as well, did the first 3 but the forge was tough going. Beat andy though \o/
  • Ka-blamo 23 Dec 2012 15:33:47 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    I thought that too! glad it's not just me.
  • andytheadequate 23 Dec 2012 15:59:18 8,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:

Extremes are pretty challenging as well, did the first 3 but the forge was tough going. Beat andy though \o/
    I finished that last extreme with a ridiculous amount of faults. The tracks are definitely tougher this tine around!

I can't seem to get into trials at the moment. The tracks are good but I have no patience. Might leave it for a bit until I fancy coming back to it
  • Spong 25 Dec 2012 06:30:29 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finally bought the game yesterday in the LIVE sale along with the Origin DLC. I've got the original but, even though I love it, I pretty much suck at it. To this day I've not unlocked everything (I've completed a piss poor 42.6% according to the stats). As addictive as the game is, it starts to really do my head in when I can't get a gold medal (let alone a platinum, something else I've never actually unlocked). If I can't get a gold medal on a particular track then, after a while, it fucks me off and makes me give up because I can't continue with the other tracks while there's the 'stain' of a silver medal in the list.

Anyway I'm liking Evo, even though, after just a few hours, it's clear that I completely suck at that too. I've only got as far as Fuel for the Flames and already I'm struggling to get a gold medal on Sunset Stripped which, apparently, is an easy track. I beg to differ. I'm only 0.5 of a second from gold, but I may as well be a million years away.

I tried some of the custom tracks too, something I never did with the original Trials. I got a bit irked at being unable to search tracks using "required bikes" as a search criteria though. I've only unlocked the first two bikes so far and it's annoying going through a huge list of tracks only to find I can't play the vast majority of them because, despite the difficulty, I haven't got the required bike yet. It doesn't even tell me straight away in the track description, I have to download the track and go to play it before I find out if the bikes I have are allowed. I managed to play one track that, according to the description, was made by a father for his four year-old son. It still took me about three or four attempts to get a gold. That speaks volumes of my ability.
  • monkehhh 25 Dec 2012 09:52:45 3,294 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Spong There's no shame in rattling through the tracks to unlock them, then coming back later to really nail them - don't miss out on all the Trials-y goodness! It really is practice makes perfect. It might seem random, but then you watch replays of people on here (like Ironlungs, booped, gartt, etc) zero-faulting extreme tracks and you see it's definitely skill :) Get some Trials-folk on your friendlist!
  • andytheadequate 25 Dec 2012 11:12:52 8,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Top top - only go for gold medals when you have unlocked the better bikes (phoenix and scorpion)
  • Red_Bool 25 Dec 2012 12:47:44 1,173 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Get some Trials-folk on your friendlist!
    This. Once you get to "Ooh, I think I can do better than him" you are done for :)
    Plus you can watch the replays of others doing better than you for "inspiration"
  • Spong 25 Dec 2012 14:06:48 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Okay, I'll have to do my best to ignore the medals for now and just earn myself the better bikes. Talking about replays, why can't I ever watch my own? There seems to be no option to watch a replay on anything but custom tracks. I used to quite enjoy watching my replays after I'd slogged away at a particularly difficult track in the original Trials, but I can't seem to do it now :(
  • Ka-blamo 26 Dec 2012 00:17:28 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm drunk but listen.

Trials happens in stages

You try finish all the tracks

You try get all the bikes

You aim to get all golds on all tracks

You aim to get all platinums on all tracks

You try beat all your dingbat friends on your friends list

You try get every track in the top 1000

You try get a few of your favourite tracks in the top 100

You try get your favourite favourite tracks in the top 10

You try get your overall leader board position in the top 100

All this takes months and months over many minute stages and you're talking about unlocking the bikes? Its very basic stuff that I even forgot that you even unlock bikes, its a none problem.

Im drunk so sorry about my bluntness

Edited by Ka-blamo at 00:23:37 26-12-2012
  • booped 26 Dec 2012 01:27:38 282 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    when you have done all that you add someone to your friends list that keeps beating your times :)

Your level has gone through the roof Ka-blamo

Congrats

Edited by booped at 01:30:22 26-12-2012
  • andytheadequate 26 Dec 2012 01:45:57 8,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spong wrote:
    Okay, I'll have to do my best to ignore the medals for now and just earn myself the better bikes. Talking about replays, why can't I ever watch my own? There seems to be no option to watch a replay on anything but custom tracks. I used to quite enjoy watching my replays after I'd slogged away at a particularly difficult track in the original Trials, but I can't seem to do it now :(
    Your replay is only viewable if you are in the top 10,000 in the world on that track (or top 5000 in Trials HD)
  • Ka-blamo 26 Dec 2012 11:32:57 7,317 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    booped wrote:
    when you have done all that you add someone to your friends list that keeps beating your times :)

Your level has gone through the roof Ka-blamo

Congrats
    I've only got you to thank for that :) It's fun jostling for position on the overall leaderboard, gave me something to work towards.
  • Spong 26 Dec 2012 17:27:27 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not one for leaderboards myself, I don't see the point. I get the idea of unlocking all you can in the game - medals and such - but beating some random stranger online means nothing to me. Besides, I have a "massive" friends list consisting of about four people and, so far as Trials or Evo goes, none of the people on the list own the games.

So getting the medals is all I'm really out for where Evo is concerned, and seeing as I've only done 46% of the original game, I'm under no illusion that I'll give up when the tracks in Evo get stupid.
  • Page

of 87 First / Last