Dust 514 Page 10

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• Progguitarist 13 Oct 2012 09:39:13 10,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they'd do something with the sound design. Weapons sound so weedy.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 11:08:57 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Beta keys on the front page.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• JusticeSword 2 Nov 2012 11:44:46 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My key wont work, & its the first time ive tried to redeem a code since the new ps store arrived

Sonic 3 & Knuckles HD Remix Please! >_>

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 11:45:57 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, getting a few reports about keys not working. I've asked them what the deal is.

• JusticeSword 2 Nov 2012 11:55:50 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    was looking forward to the day off on the ps3 there, now i'll have to make myself useful & clean or something

• Xensor 2 Nov 2012 12:11:15 1,053 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Same here, non-functional key
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 12:13:47 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They're attempting to figure out the problem now. Should have an update soon.

• JusticeSword 2 Nov 2012 12:37:53 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Most excellent.

• Progguitarist 2 Nov 2012 12:48:53 10,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Truth be told, you're not missing out on a whole lot.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 14:04:27 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anybody managed to get their key working?

• MoGamer2006 2 Nov 2012 14:21:29 977 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just tried... still no joy. :(
  • JusticeSword 2 Nov 2012 14:24:51 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    still not working

• ikia87 2 Nov 2012 14:49:35 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got it working with he US PSN store, think they forgot to wait for it to be actually in the EU store.
  • JusticeSword 2 Nov 2012 14:57:06 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The US store will do me fine, thanks ikia.

EDIT: I can confirm that my code worked on the US account

Edited by JusticeSword at 15:03:06 02-11-2012

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 15:11:09 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good info, thanks ikia.

• Triggerhappytel 2 Nov 2012 15:23:15 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, is this game up to scratch yet or not? Last time I tried joining it just had me waiting to join a server whilst watching a very pretty skybox for about 10 minutes. Needless to say I lost interest and didn't actually get to play it.
  • Slavovitsh 2 Nov 2012 15:27:28 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does the game only work with an US account? Seriously EUROgamer!
    I can't get my key to work on german PS store.

Forge I can, strong I am.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 15:29:17 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Slavovitsh wrote:
    Does the game only work with an US account? Seriously EUROgamer!
    I can't get my key to work on german PS store.
    Yes, it's an error, they're trying to fix it.

• Widge Moderator 2 Nov 2012 15:44:43 13,727 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found the game a rather detached experience. The intimidating array of menus and options meant that I could spend forever tinkering rather than playing. Then there is the notion of losing all your gear in fights, which makes me loathe to buy anything I could lose.

Once in a match, it didnít have the immediacy of something like Warhawk. That had a sharp multifaceted gameplay experience encompassing units and vehicles. I found myself floating around the ground, getting somewhere, having a brief fight at an objective and dying. I think I would rather slap in Killzone or Warhawk than this for my team/objective orientated combatÖ or even just trundle up to my PC and play Left For Dead as I prefer the sparky team co-op.

I understand why it needs to be this complex mess, there needs to be something to grind towards to incentivise the free to play model. I canít help feel that it would have been more enjoyable to buy for £35 and do away with the Eve-like sea of customisation.

There will be a market for this, players who will thrive on finding the perfect dropsuit setup for their play style, who will eagerly start ticking off upgrades, who will bond together into factions and thrive on dedicated teamplay. It is just too much for people to jump into casually. Perhaps that is the point though.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 2 Nov 2012 16:47:10 4,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right. You'll need to claim a new code here.

• Triggerhappytel 2 Nov 2012 23:05:56 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Widge

Good comments, I agree on all points. I think CCP acknowledge that this game needs to be hugely accessible to capture the typical FPS player, but obviously it's gonna need enough depth and complexity to keep people playing for a long period. The trouble is, in the couple of times I've played the menus are very overbearing and I've just dropped into a match without really knowing what was going on or what I was doing because that was the easiest thing to do. So basically I do agree with you and I think the interface needs a hell of a lot of work. I'm sure being an F2P game players will be very inclined to delete it if they don't enjoy it within the first few minutes, so CCP really need to nail that sense of immediacy for new players.
  • Uchuujin51 3 Nov 2012 01:14:55 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Even in US code isn't working for everyone. Ie: me.
  • JusticeSword 4 Nov 2012 02:34:49 7 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got 5 mins in the menus, then the server went down & hasnt gone up for hours, oh & the official forums are down.

my thoughts are that this game will never be casual, but give those who love menus, massive battles, & heavy customisation the main focus, cos thats all who will play it.

• Cjail 4 Nov 2012 09:49:52 12 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Complexity in Dust 514 is an obstacle to fun and what matters in VG is having fun.
    Killzone is simpler but it's far funnier than Dust 514.
    EVE players, the ones I met, seems to despise that simplicity and regard it as stupidity but simplicity is not stupidity.
    Also I don't believe Dust is complex in the true sense of the world.
    Dust takes 20 words to say "Welcome" which is not complexity.

Edited by Cjail at 09:51:20 04-11-2012
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Nov 2012 17:32:37 6,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can be accessible and complex at the same time.

They've made slight improvements to accessibility over the course of the beta, moving from fitting to the marketplace is easier, for example. It's still terrible, though.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 17:32:52 04-11-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Luciferasi 26 Nov 2012 11:35:54 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll add my two ISK... well, cents.

I'm a EVE player and I found Dust a bit weird. I find it complex without a real reason. EVE is complex because you can effectively do a lot of different things, so it's ok, you just have to learn a bit, it doesn't spoon-feed you, but at the beginning you are really "safe" (as safe as you can in EVE).
    Dust, on the other hand, launches you on the battlefield with very little explanation and then you die. Ok, I'm not big on FPS, but I got my fair share of Battlefield and Killzone, so I usually know how to handle it a bit.
    In Dust I've been repeatedly killed, only managing to snipe someone from to time. Close quarter combat always resulted in me dying. I stopped trying altogether. Is it such that after you get distanced with equipment, you have no hope whatsoever?

Furthermore, it seems REALLY way behind schedule, from a technical point of view.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Nov 2012 12:24:18 13,727 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Planetside 2 is playing the game I wanted Eve to be. Ok, initially I was a bit daunted at first, but after one evenings play I started to have the measure of it.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Progguitarist 26 Nov 2012 13:46:54 10,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's most likely going to tank on release when compared to the likes of Planetside and that new Tribes game.

It has some moments of worth but overall just about everything is sub par in Dust.
  • ResidentKnievel 10 Jan 2013 15:54:12 6,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Games been moved on to the same server as EVE, it's still not very good.

There's no feeling that you're part of a wider universe, it's still an FPS with sloggish RPG elements. It really doesn't make a good first impression as everyone starts with nothing and the only vehicle you can use has an utterly stupid control layout.

After a couple of months the game will become a bit more exciting as people start risking tanks and stuff, but blowing one up will hardly be an adrenaline pumping moment like it is to blow up something expensive as EVE because it doesn't feel like you're part of an MMO.

And it's still very, very bland looking.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 16:05:55 13,727 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have no excitement for returning to that world. Tying into the economics of EVE might be the one thing that hampers this game significantly. The market is almost impenetrable for the newbie and, for me, the idea that something I buy can be gone forever makes me feel unlikely to purchase anything - why buy something awesome when some turd or accidental suicide can wipe it out?

It all makes sense from a microtransations strategy perspective, not much from a game sense.

The only way I see this being awesome for you is if you are aligned with an EVE corp and can have someone funding the platoon.

I was really up for this, the idea of getting band of EG mercs together and becoming guns for hire... the execution didn't match up to the dream.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 13 First / Last