Lulzsec, Anonymous and other hacker woes Page 3

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 June 2011 13:35:57
    Onny wrote:

IIRC Lulzsec don't purport to be "expert" hackers - they are merely taking advantage of sloppy security (i.e, the SQL injection at Sony BMG).I think that with the advent of technologies like Tor, governments may now take serious steps to monitor what is happening when people access the internet. It has never been especially closely policed, but IMO with the rise of 4chan (and the "anon" mindset) there is a certain demographic of Internet users who feel like they can do what the fuck they like "for the lulz".Really, it's a new form of anarchy - and IMO it will result in things getting worse for everyone.Shame, but I guess it had to happen sooner or later.
    This. But unfortunately as long as the fucking retards idolise them for 'fighting the system' it is going to continue. It is nothing but lazy vandalism for those scared of the outdoors, but I guess taking part and or 'supporting' them is the nearest thing to living out the War Games fantasy for a lot of people. Thank god we still live in a society where no one actually cares about these people.
  • SYS64738 4 Jun 2011 13:37:24 1,586 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Onny wrote:
    Their twitter is pretty amusing btw: @lulzsec

Sounds like a 15 year old tbh.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Jun 2011 13:38:56 13,264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just liked BBC news having to say the name "loooolz-sec". I hope the next group call themselves something subtly offensive.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 4 June 2011 13:39:18
    It probably is tbh.
  • convz 4 Jun 2011 13:51:33 351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    edit
  • RobTheBuilder 4 Jun 2011 14:35:46 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To be honest I wouldn't totally reject the idea that Anonymous and Lulzsez are government backed groups being used to help bring in tighter control of the internet.
  • Dirtbox 4 Jun 2011 14:47:40 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's very tinfoil hat, but I like it.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• RobTheBuilder 4 Jun 2011 14:55:38 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know I know... but given some of the ridiculous conspiracy theories out there (I read one the other day about Lady Gaga being illuminati...!) this one could hold water.

Targeting the FBI and NATO, requires extra security, in come restrictions on the net...
  • Dirtbox 4 Jun 2011 15:00:38 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, and the thing that gives it credence is that restrictions on the net won't effect hackers in the slightest, only us.

And furthermore, have you noticed this has been hitting the news more since Wikileaks started?

• RobTheBuilder 4 Jun 2011 15:03:08 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, if the Daily Mail can run a "Internet causes cancer" headline...
  • sport 4 Jun 2011 15:03:34 12,561 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Yeah, and the thing that gives it credence is that restrictions on the net won't effect hackers in the slightest, only us.

They will merely retreat to......the deep web.

• Dirtbox 4 Jun 2011 15:10:49 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh, that's for websites, darknet is for people.

• Bremenacht 4 Jun 2011 16:08:45 17,613 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    It's worth making a thread for these guys as aside from attacking Sony earlier this week, they're playing some serious games now. They just hacked some FBI sites and posted the logins, not to mention a little trolling just to bait NATO, who are classing hackers as terrorists.

http://pastebin.com/MQG0a130

Let the stupid posts begin!
    Love it. White hatting is the new defence industry. Vast amount$ will be tipped in, to fund nasty white hat firms in the 'fight' against 1984-style non-existent threats. Anyone who shows up the corruption that so often attaches itself to such things, deserves applause.
  • silentbob 4 Jun 2011 17:18:14 28,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mal wrote:
    ... but a firmware update from Cisco ought to be able to block most faked packets.
    Do you work as a Network Engineer or just a casual observer? In either case this statement is bollocks.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Dirtbox 5 Jun 2011 17:43:58 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Can a mod please change the title to "Lulzsec, Anonymous and the hacker groups of the world" for me? I smell a lot of this type of thing on it's way.
    Aside from lulzsec and the Nintendo job, some group just hacked Sony Music Brazil.

• JesseDeya 6 Jun 2011 09:49:21 3 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The only thing lolz in this thread is the complete ignorant bliss most of you have about the US government's capability to find these guys. It's absolutely not a matter of if they could, it's a matter of cost. While they are poking around Sony and PBS, the benefit vs cost ratio for the government is low. Once they start poking the beast, that ratio starts to swing quickly.

Either way, they're not Sony's problem any more.
  • Dirtbox 6 Jun 2011 09:56:14 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hate to say it, but everyone is blissfully ignorant of future turns of events, you included, and at this current time there isn't a single man on earth who can track them down unless they make sloppy mistakes.

• MetalDog 6 Jun 2011 10:09:28 23,708 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can't see this doing any of us any good, it seems likely it will only be a matter of time before the general masses are required to use some sort of 'internet passport' and trucking around the net anonymously becomes a jailable offence. Governments don't need a lot of excuse to 'justify' tagging and tracking the citizens they're scared of - which is all of us, since we vastly outnumber them and they don't trust us to tie our shoes.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Dirtbox 6 Jun 2011 10:14:01 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is an amusing piece of hacking

• silentbob 6 Jun 2011 10:14:04 28,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I can't see this doing any of us any good, it seems likely it will only be a matter of time before the general masses are required to use some sort of 'internet passport' and trucking around the net anonymously becomes a jailable offence. Governments don't need a lot of excuse to 'justify' tagging and tracking the citizens they're scared of - which is all of us, since we vastly outnumber them and they don't trust us to tie our shoes.
    George Orwell marathon this weekend was it? I can hear the Bacofoil Stetson rustling from here.

• sport 6 Jun 2011 10:18:53 12,561 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I look forward to the day when the "Internet" consists of Google and Facebook. No need to remember those other pesky web addresses.
  • MetalDog 6 Jun 2011 10:20:34 23,708 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What can I say, bob - given the UK is pretty fucking high on the surveillance nation list, a little pessimism on the civil liberties front seems only wise. Twenty years ago would you have made tin foil hat comments about anyone speculating on the rise of CCTV and databases?

• silentbob 6 Jun 2011 10:22:08 28,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No.

• sport 6 Jun 2011 10:23:24 12,561 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    slientbob works for the Ministry of Love.
  • MetalDog 6 Jun 2011 10:23:41 23,708 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Liar =)

• RunningMan 6 Jun 2011 10:29:01 2,386 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So DB, what do you suggest? We can't have random people exerting such power, can't base a new economy if random's can shut you down any time they don't agree with you, so time for a new internet?
  • Dirtbox 6 Jun 2011 10:34:00 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've already answered both questions earlier in the thread.

• Deleted user 6 June 2011 10:34:07
    They'll have it done for you on monday sir.
  • JesseDeya 6 Jun 2011 10:46:38 3 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Hate to say it, but everyone is blissfully ignorant of future turns of events, you included, and at this current time there isn't a single man on earth who can track them down unless they make sloppy mistakes.

I suggest you google comint and elint for a brief open source glimpse at a world you wish you knew something about. Then get a clue.
  • Dirtbox 6 Jun 2011 10:51:38 77,474 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So... Why aren't any of these hackers in jail, then?

Edit: And why the fuck are you talking about stuff used to intercept radio signals? That's got fuck all to do with the internet or finding hackers.

• Page

of 25 First / Last