Musings: So I bought a PS3 Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:42:37
    Khab wrote:
    I've seen morriss. He's certainly NOT the least nerdy of all forumites. So your plan will fail. Fail!

Ah, this explains why you are clinically insane.

Carry on using your PS3 as a crude cudgel, and complaining that it doesn't bash brains in as well as your previous Rockatron 3000. We will understand, and, in our compassion, do as little as possible to help you.
  • RedSparrows 2 Jun 2011 22:44:12 22,085 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You should have quit whilst you were behind, Stompy.
  • mcmothercruncher 2 Jun 2011 22:45:04 6,497 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stompy is on fire.
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 22:45:04 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stompy wrote:
    Khab wrote:
    I guess my overall good experience with the system makes PSN:s state the more jarring...

[u]
    Local man decides previously 'unbelievably poor service' is now 'pretty good'[/u]
    "I know I decried this service," says Khab Khalloway, 31, of West Buttham, "even comparing it to a nightmare I had where my toaster had a face and it told me I was fat, and the face was my face, and that face was fat, leading me to believe for some time I was fat."
    After some tears, the local man continued: "But now I know it's not as bad as that. Also, independent research has proven my toaster has no face."

Controlled destruction of the local man is scheduled for tomorrow.

If you had read the entire post you'd have realised I meant "system" as in the hardware and basically everything that it's been since I got it - as in PSN-less.

But do not let such tiny things as facts ruin your relentless mocking of me! Surely I deserve it for daring to post something that others have posted here before me, on this forum of a mere 139,620 threads!
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:46:40
    Don't worry Khab, we're just teasing you cause our demos are taking forever to download.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:47:29
    Khab wrote:
    But do not let such tiny things as facts ruin your relentless mocking of me! Surely I deserve it for daring to post something that others have posted here before me, on this forum of a mere 139,620 threads!

From being bullied, to being strong.
    From having failed, to finding courage.

Witness the journey of one man towards being accepted by his peers.

The Khronicles of Khab II: White Whine. In cinemas. Near you.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:48:25
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    Don't worry Khab, we're just teasing you cause our demos are taking forever to download.

This is why old men are so cranky - they have to have something to do while they wait for their prostates to diminish.
  • RedSparrows 2 Jun 2011 22:50:35 22,085 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    You really should have quit whilst you were behind, Stompy.
  • dominalien 2 Jun 2011 22:51:31 6,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stompy, you want to replace Khab with a small version of morriss? Are you completely insane????

PSN: DonOsito

• Vice.Destroyer 2 Jun 2011 22:55:07 5,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't worry, Khab. I will soon be in your position. I want to get myself a PS3, because I want to play God of War Trilogy, Uncharted 1 & 2 and I think that is it. Might have another look at some exclusives I have missed. But I am also not looking forward to installing games before playing them.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:56:13
    dominalien wrote:
    Stompy, you want to replace Khab with a small version of morriss? Are you completely insane????

What can I say? A mother loves her son the best!
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 22:56:37 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Those, the Splinter Cell HD trilogy and Heavy Rain are more or less why I wanted a PS3 mesself.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:57:08
    RedSparrows wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    You really should have quit whilst you were behind, Stompy.

No worries - in future I'll just quote myself a few times, that will make the point that I don't think too much of myself.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2011 22:58:15
    Khab wrote:
    Those, the Splinter Cell HD trilogy and Heavy Rain are more or less why I wanted a PS3 mesself.

Flower. This is an essential PS3 exclusive.
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 22:58:53 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On a completely unrelated note - now that I have your attention - what the heck is up with the forum on Chrome? I get all sorts of oddities.
  • Red-Moose 2 Jun 2011 23:00:14 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Khab wrote:
    Despite my 100MBit line
    /is sitting here on 2Mb. On a good day

Fucking Scandinavia...

I thought scandinavia was all 1000 terabit broadband and swedish chefs cooking breakfast for you while you play WoW with blowjobs from 10 beautiful blond women no?
  • dominalien 2 Jun 2011 23:00:30 6,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Open it in the PS3 browser. Then you'll really see nothing wrong with the way it's displayed in Chrome.

• dominalien 2 Jun 2011 23:01:42 6,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Red Moose wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Khab wrote:
    Despite my 100MBit line

Fucking Scandinavia...

I thought scandinavia was all 1000 terabit broadband and swedish chefs cooking breakfast for you while you play WoW with blowjobs from 10 beautiful blond women no?

No, that was just in the Muppets.

• Khab 2 Jun 2011 23:01:58 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stompy wrote:
    Khab wrote:

Flower. This is an essential PS3 exclusive.

Yes! This was also the only d/l exclusive I wanted that actually had a demo. I THINK I managed to download it, but I couldn't find where from to run... er... UNPACK it so I then could wait - very patiently - to play it.
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 23:03:47 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Red Moose wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Khab wrote:
    Despite my 100MBit line

Fucking Scandinavia...

No, that was just in the Muppets.

Obligatory Grandma Löthberg link.
  • BartonFink 2 Jun 2011 23:06:20 34,853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Should be interesting when Khab gets his first PS3 firmware update. Oh dear.
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 23:10:03 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, those I had actually read about beforehand, and was prepared for a bit of a wait when the last one hit. I had some mental preparation for the ordeal, I suppose.

Not with this! I find it slightly ludicrous and worrying that Sony get away with such a poor implementation, tbh.
  • BartonFink 2 Jun 2011 23:11:10 34,853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey it's teh real nex+ gen man.

Best thing to do when they do happen is to either go make dinner or go for a walk for an hour or so.

Think of it as Son't way of getting you up off yer arse and do something rather than sitting playing games all day. Very considerate I think. You will be very fit this time next year to boot. You should be thanking them.
  • Tom_Servo 2 Jun 2011 23:11:21 17,330 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck me, there's some real butthurt going on in here from a bunch of no-mark posters. Khab's a class act, the SDF accusing him of trolling and asking for the thread to be locked are hilarious.

Khab: I'm not surprised, absolutely everyone who's reasonable complains about all the downloading and installing you have to do on the PS3. Constant firmware updates, game installations... it sounds like a nightmare. You'll turn on your console to play a quick fifteen minute game of something and end up having to install a bunch of updates. I couldn't be fucked with it myself. Good luck to you though, I hope you can see through it and your PS3 doesn't end up as an expensive paperweight!
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 23:18:57 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't worry, I can take some abuse from newbies who don't know their place. :)

It's true that waiting a bit isn't a big deal, but these days I have my Uni studies, part time work, a wife and a son that demans attention. When I do get some time to game, I want that time to be actual gaming, not waiting to possibly be able to game in X minutes. It's just priorities - five years ago I'd have just went off to the PC or another console to play while I waited.

Now though - if I wanted to play some demo on the PSN, I'll have to allow for an hour to even get started. I have a feeling I won't be playing many demos off of my PS3 due to this. Which is a bit of a shame.
  • Moshbag 2 Jun 2011 23:19:52 106 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khab, find everything you want to download, queue it up downloading in the background, then go to Turn Off System on the XMB, check the box there, and then bugger off and do something else e.g. sleep. When you come back your PS3 will have installed/unpacked everything when you next fire it up.

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• BartonFink 2 Jun 2011 23:21:33 34,853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    yup good suggestion MoshBag ... better still just fire up the 360
  • Khab 2 Jun 2011 23:30:07 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Moshbag wrote:
    Khab, find everything you want to download, queue it up downloading in the background, then go to Turn Off System on the XMB, check the box there, and then bugger off and do something else e.g. sleep. When you come back your PS3 will have installed/unpacked everything when you next fire it up.

See, THIS is what I was asking for!

It does this? How do I set it to automatically unpack after dl:ing? Is that the box you check? Will it power down after finishing properly? :)
  • Moshbag 2 Jun 2011 23:31:10 106 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes it will do all that, if you check the box. At least you'll know you're all done as your PS3 will be off.

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Page

of 4 First / Last