• Page

of 62 First / Last

• Deleted user 10 July 2013 16:00:43
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 10 July 2013 16:01:02
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 10 July 2013 16:01:53
    ARRRRGGHHH!!!

Why the shitting christ wont youtube links work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o
  • MrDigital 10 Jul 2013 16:10:00 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    ARRRRGGHHH!!!

Why the shitting christ wont youtube links work?

EG had this great idea of needing you put in just the video ID instead of a normal Youtube URL.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Baihu1983 10 Jul 2013 17:23:32 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been confirmed Neil Marshall will be filming the 9th episode and after Blackwater in S2 I would say it safe to guess he will be filming The Battle at the wall.
  • Tom_Servo 11 Jul 2013 10:11:52 17,986 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is the thread for book readers, right? No spoilers?

I'm reading Blood and Gold at the moment. Just under 300 pages in, which might give a clue as to what's just happened!

I haven't seen the show since the end of season one, so I was reading about the other two seasons the other night. Surprised how different they are in some respects. Theon's story seems pretty different (he hasn't been seen since Ramsey Snow knocked him out when razing Winterfell. Roose Bolton mentioned him being flogged, but I have no idea if that's true or not), and Gendry has gone off with Melisandre, which as far as I'm aware doesn't happen in the books.

A friend of mine who read the books before the series was about has gone off the show quite a bit. Similar reaction in here?
  • opalw00t 11 Jul 2013 10:19:11 11,141 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WARNING:

Here be spoilers for EVERYTHING. Nothing is off limits. Tread carefully.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Tom_Servo 11 Jul 2013 10:24:28 17,986 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I just wanted to say how awesome it was that Joffrey died. I knew it was going to happen (although not when, but I figured it was surely going to be at the wedding), but it was still great.

I think the only other thing I know is about Tywin and Tyrion, so I'll see you all again after I've finished Dance with Dragons...
  • Baihu1983 11 Jul 2013 10:54:17 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah this is a spoiler zone so be careful.

Cant wait to see Joffrey's death on TV next year and can see Gleeson really nailing that scene.
  • Tom_Servo 11 Jul 2013 11:12:26 17,986 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was a bit "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" in the buildup. Even for Joffrey he was being a total shit. :)

Disappointed to read they didn't do the rooms in the House of the Undying with Dany. That was one of my favourite chapters so far.
  • Baihu1983 11 Jul 2013 18:31:19 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    More or less how George RR Martin sees the Iron Throne in the books

• MrDigital 11 Jul 2013 18:34:54 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks awesome, yet also very unrealistic. I guess it is fantasy in the end, but not sure how well it would translate into the TV show (or how happy the production team would be about making :D ).

• Baihu1983 11 Jul 2013 18:39:46 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah in the book it was made from a thousand blades
  • Tuffty 17 Jul 2013 20:07:41 1,605 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So with Mark Gatiss added to the S4 cast, does anyone have an idea who he's cast as? I can't for the life of me think. Unless...Mace Tyrell?
  • opalw00t 17 Jul 2013 20:10:47 11,141 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In my personal order of likelihood:

1. Kindly Man
    2. High Sparrow
    3. Mace Tyrell

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• Baihu1983 17 Jul 2013 20:16:59 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No idea. Maybe a Frey or even Doran Martell depending on how much of the Dorne stuff they introduce in S4.
    Would say the most likely is Mace right now.
  • MrDigital 17 Jul 2013 20:32:49 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How long ago did you guys read the books?

I ask because I'm amazed at how much people seem to remember. Genuinely can't remember half the characters and can't remember much about that half I do remember...

• Mr-Brett 17 Jul 2013 20:35:21 12,805 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't forget all the dudes in the east, they don't generally cast people quite so white for those roles but maybe.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Baihu1983 18 Jul 2013 08:19:46 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Depends how much of Dorne they show in S4. We know we will have The Viper but that could be it till S5.

George RR Martin on The Viper casting and a little more....

I wasn’t present for Pedro Pascal’s audition, but I understand that he really killed it with his reading. And since his casting was announced, the producer of another TV show on which he appeared recently has written me to say how terrific Pascal is, and to congratulate us on the casting. So I suspect that he will turn out to be a wonderful Red Viper.

I do know that David and Dan and HBO do favor having a racially and ethnically diverse cast on the series. It is true that we’ve lost several black characters who appear in the novels (Chataya and Alayaya, Jalabhar Xho, Strong Belwas), but to balance that, characters like Salladhor Saan and Xaro Xhoan Daxos, both white in the books, have been played by black actors. Missandei as well, though in the books the Naathi are golden-skinned, not white.

As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I’ve always pictured the “salty Dornish” as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok’s version of the Red Viper, that’s how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve’s beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne).

When and if the show introduces Prince Oberyn’s daughters, the Sand Snakes, I expect we will see the same diversity as in the books, ranging from Tyene (blond and blue-eyed) to Sarella (light brown skin, as her mother was a Summer Islander). And I expect that the crew of the CINNAMON WIND will all be cast with black actors…
    http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/grrm-comments-on-red-viper-casting-and-more/#more-28712

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/d/d9/Oberyn_Martell.jpg/250px-Oberyn_Martell.jpg

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/images/sample-arianne.gif
  • Salaman 18 Jul 2013 09:01:01 19,132 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrDigital wrote:
    How long ago did you guys read the books?

I ask because I'm amazed at how much people seem to remember. Genuinely can't remember half the characters and can't remember much about that half I do remember...
    Almost 2 years ago and I'm the same as you. It's getting better. After reading the books I now watched the show and now I'm re-reading the books. So it's slowly starting to sink in a bit.
    =)
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Jul 2013 09:17:56 8,132 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I read them last year. About 1 a month from January through to June.

Problem now is that I have just finished reading the Magician Riftwar Trilogy by Feist and some of the smaller characters between the two series have become a little mixed up in my head.
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Jul 2013 09:25:02 8,132 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I cannot remember who High Sparrow is?

I suspect the Kindly man is the person that teaches Arya? Mark Gatiss would be very good as him.

Possibly more likely as Mace Tyrell though. Not sure how he would fair in direct opposition to Charles Dance though. (However in opposition to Cersei he would be great).

For me he seems a big young for either role though although he will definitely be an interlectual and not a fighter.

Who is the person that Daerneys ends up marrying in her second marriage?
  • Salaman 18 Jul 2013 09:40:21 19,132 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    It's captain Jack Sparrow, he's always high.
    I think it's religious bloke that put Cersei in a cell until she confesses she's been boinking Jamie?
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Jul 2013 09:51:00 8,132 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    It's captain Jack Sparrow, he's always high.
    I think it's religious bloke that put Cersei in a cell until she confesses she's been boinking Jamie?
    Ahh right. I think we have a long way to go before we meet him?
  • Megapocalypse 18 Jul 2013 09:57:39 5,443 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Season after next I would have thought for him when Cersei gives the church back it's power after Tywin's death .
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Jul 2013 10:08:22 8,132 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That is what I was thinking also.
  • Tom_Servo 18 Jul 2013 23:12:03 17,986 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just read the last Sansa chapter in Blood and Gold. FUCKING HELL

This book has been incredible, definitely my favourite one so far. A Feast for Crows is going to have some job following this.
  • Baihu1983 19 Jul 2013 07:15:11 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ah Feast it mixes fan opinion so much.
  • Baihu1983 19 Jul 2013 19:43:28 3,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mark Gatiss as Aeron Greyjoy?

He mentioned in an interview his role involves hair. Greyjoy has a lot of hair and of course has the Alias Damphair.
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Jul 2013 04:21:01 8,132 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quite possibly!
  • Page

of 62 First / Last