Uncharted: Golden Abyss Page 5

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 12:36:16 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does Crispy have a lawyer, and is his name Popzeus?

PSN: DonOsito

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 12:38:32 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OBJECTION

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• RyanDS 28 Feb 2012 12:38:33 9,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Up to chapter 30 now.

Couple of annoyances though.

1) I just found out normal doesn't unlock crushing, so that's 3 playthroughs I have to do.

2) from chapter 26 onwards they go a bit insane with the fucking rubbing. Up to then i loved the charcoal bits, but around that point you get 20 or so fucking rubbings per level, sometime 3 or 4 right next to each other which gets a bit tedious.

Still great game though.

Edited by ryandsimmons at 12:38:42 28-02-2012
  • Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 12:39:26 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyway I think you'll find I was making the case for the prosecution there.

• Deleted user 28 February 2012 12:40:20
    I spot an imposter!
  • dominalien 28 Feb 2012 12:41:44 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DSR3 wrote:
    Well she didn't appear because it is set before the first game. Although it is weird seeing Drake and Chase together at the end because you never see her again in the series.
    That's exactly what I mean, she might have appeared as a tie-in to the first game. And yes, the near-kiss with Chase is the "expected" thing to do, especially if you've only played this game, but is basically a weak ending in the context of the whole.

Oh, unless they're planning golden abyss 2, which is going to be set between GA and UC1. Which would make even less sense, really, but since this one is such a blatant success... (only half sarcastic here)

Edited by dominalien at 12:43:12 28-02-2012

• santashi 28 Feb 2012 12:42:32 5,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Anyway I think you'll find I was making the case for the prosecution there.
    Can't be, you weren't wagging your finger enough. Or throwing coffee. Or smacking people with a whip.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 12:43:58 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /wags finger

Foolish fool, dreaming foolishly of foolish things.

/cracks whip

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 12:44:21 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 12:46:29 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is fun. We should do it more often.

• santashi 28 Feb 2012 12:49:48 5,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    /wags finger

Foolish fool, dreaming foolishly of foolish things.

/cracks whip
    Good enough for me.

Looks like my Uncharted download has finished. I wonder if Drake will be climbing any stepladders?

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 14:52:13 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Grrrrr, just spent a very frustrating lunchbreak making no progress at all in Chapter 15. Can't find the way to get up to the last gargoyle thingy (the dragon one) to do the final charcoal rubbing. Seems like I've tried everything and clambered over most of the level a dozen times over, but no doubt I'm missing something obvious as usual. A little help?

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 15:04:27 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Which one is that (in the room)?

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 15:08:18 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's the one at the 'top' of the map on the briefing sheet it shows you. High up and in the open. Not the one you get to by climbing up the spiral handholding thing and going across a load of beams, I've done that one already.

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 15:10:52 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, the one over where Chase is drawing hers? The entranceto that one is in the labirynth.

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 15:12:43 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thought it might be, but couldn't find one anywhere. Will take another look later, thanks. All I could find in the labyrinth was some handholds that just seem to go up to a shiny in the wall and then stop.

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 15:21:12 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At the end of the handholds is a treasure and that's it, it seems. As for the fourth gargoyle, there's a big shining doorway in there close to the start. Hard to miss, really. Though I had huge problems getting to that gargoyle myself, as I found this way at the beginning but decided to explore the rest of the labirynth and then forgot about it.

Edited by dominalien at 15:23:12 28-02-2012

• daft_punk_909 28 Feb 2012 15:48:39 57 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just played up to chapter 6. First impressions were pretty poor, but, it picks up after chapter 2. Hate the log balance thing.

I thought the set pieces were pretty impressive, I've read reviews where they said it was pretty unimpressive. Fire and waterfalls and bridge collapses all top notch.

I do hate the way so much scenery is not interactive, doesn't feel very uncharted. Also I have noticed a couple of repeated voice samples. When Drake tells the girl to go into cover and wait for him, he says exactly the same line in chapter 3 and 6 ( I think? After bridge collapse and in burning base).

Generally though, more impressive than I thought it would be. 9/10

PSN: daft_punk_909

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 15:51:42 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am really enjoying this, getting stuck notwithstanding. Wasn't sure what to expect not having played an Uncharted before. Pleasantly surprised to find it's Prince of Persia with guns and wisecracks. That'll do for me.

• dominalien 28 Feb 2012 15:54:10 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You haven't played any Uncharted game before? Whoa, I wish I was in that place :-) Still have to start on UC3, though, so it's not all bad.

• Popzeus 28 Feb 2012 15:56:44 8,272 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't played any Sony games since the PS2. So, quietly hoping for ports of some of the PS3 exclusives.

• DSR3 28 Feb 2012 16:10:12 265 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    DSR3 wrote:
    Well she didn't appear because it is set before the first game. Although it is weird seeing Drake and Chase together at the end because you never see her again in the series.
    That's exactly what I mean, she might have appeared as a tie-in to the first game. And yes, the near-kiss with Chase is the "expected" thing to do, especially if you've only played this game, but is basically a weak ending in the context of the whole.

Oh, unless they're planning golden abyss 2, which is going to be set between GA and UC1. Which would make even less sense, really, but since this one is such a blatant success... (only half sarcastic here)
    Have you seen Uncharted: Eye of Indra? (20-minute motion comic), it leads straight into Drake's Fortune.
  • griff_dai 28 Feb 2012 18:21:14 409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • dominalien 28 Feb 2012 20:09:43 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DSR3 wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    DSR3 wrote:

Have you seen Uncharted: Eye of Indra? (20-minute motion comic), it leads straight into Drake's Fortune.
    Ah, no I haven't. Totally forgot about this, in fact. Cheers!

Edited by dominalien at 20:14:23 28-02-2012

• RyanDS 28 Feb 2012 20:12:36 9,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And finished.

Unlike others I thought it finished on a high. All in all I give in a 10/10, loved every second, the highlight is the awesome mixture of buttons and motion control for aiming.

A break to play Rayman then back onto hard mode!
  • Flying_Pig 28 Feb 2012 20:19:17 10,681 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My review here

Edited by Flying_Pig at 15:28:18 29-02-2012
  • santashi 29 Feb 2012 08:55:14 5,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started playing Uncharted last night in bed, which mainly consisted of me going 'oooh' at the scenery. :p Not sure if it was because I was a bit sleepy but I couldn't seem to get the hang of the motion control aiming in the first firefight so I went back to the normal controls pretty quickly. Think I need to tweak both of them a bit though.

Also, quick question about photos - I took the first photo that they encourage you to get, got 100% match and continued on. When I checked later the photo in the journal was still in greyscale and told me I could get it in chapter 1. Is that normal?

And what's the message about network content not being available about?

Great from the little bit I played, anyway. :)

• dominalien 29 Feb 2012 09:20:57 6,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Motion control aiming is supposed to complement the stick aiming. You aim with the stick to the vicinity of the enemy's head and then adjust precisely with motion control.

The photo: this is not normal, I never had this problem. Unless you're looking at a different photo. There are many.

It turns off network connectivity when the game is running, presumably to save battery.

• Flying_Pig 29 Feb 2012 09:24:09 10,681 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Also, quick question about photos - I took the first photo that they encourage you to get, got 100% match and continued on. When I checked later the photo in the journal was still in greyscale and told me I could get it in chapter 1. Is that normal?
    No. If you get them 100% correct, they go to the right page in the book in colour. There are so many collectables in this game, that I'm gonna have to replay it to focus on getting them all :)
  • santashi 29 Feb 2012 09:45:37 5,044 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Motion control aiming is supposed to complement the stick aiming. You aim with the stick to the vicinity of the enemy's head and then adjust precisely with motion control.
    Yeah, but I still found it easier to do it the old fashioned way. Like I said, I probably need to tweak the sensitivity a little.

It turns off network connectivity when the game is running, presumably to save battery.
    Ah okay. None of the other games gave me this message so I was curious.

Flying_Pig wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    No. If you get them 100% correct, they go to the right page in the book in colour. There are so many collectables in this game, that I'm gonna have to replay it to focus on getting them all :)
    Hmm, weird. It definitely told me I got 100%. Wonder why it didn't work? I did fall off a log later but it put me at a checkpoint after the photo so I don't think that can be it.

• Page

of 13 First / Last