How can this be justified?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Cupid.stunt 27 May 2011 19:24:13 15 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Police pull a man from his wheelchair after " accidently " hitting him over the head with a truncheon , drag him across the road causing minor injuries , and the court rules the " officers " actions were justified. Apparently there was a demo going on at the time and the big brave cops said it was a volatile situation , and that is why they did what they did!
    How do these cunts get away with what anyone else who did the same,would have the key thrown away?
  • Deleted user 27 May 2011 19:26:08
    What the fuck are you talking about?
  • Deleted user 27 May 2011 19:27:49
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13578369

Should have clamped him instead.
  • morriss 27 May 2011 19:27:54 71,128 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1. When posting...

i. Craft your subject line - Be descriptive, but be brief. [If your thread subject gives no clue to it's contents, it will be renamed]
  • caligari 27 May 2011 19:28:50 17,077 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cupid.stunt is Spike Lee, AICM5Ps.
  • Kostabi 27 May 2011 19:29:39 4,976 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He shouldn't have been in the way.
  • Deleted user 27 May 2011 19:32:51
    Is this the guy who can actually walk, but decided being antagonistic in a wheelchair helped his cause more?
  • caligari 27 May 2011 19:35:50 17,077 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Is this the guy who can actually walk, but decided being antagonistic in a wheelchair helped his cause more?

No, you're getting this guy mixed up with the great theoretical physicist and cosmologist, Davros.
  • MysteryLamb 27 May 2011 19:42:56 525 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bbc interview with the guy from six months ago.

The journalist seems to take his remit to try to cross examine the guy a little over the line of impartial interrogation towards the realm of critical bias. i.e. the reporter seems so concerned not to appear to give unbridled air time to a 'campaigner' that he comes across as a bit of shit
  • President_Weasel 27 May 2011 19:51:02 9,452 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If the police went around only hitting non-wheelchair-bound protestors, that would be a clear case of discrimination.
  • onestepfromlost 27 May 2011 20:16:48 2,083 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    President Weasel wrote:
    If the police went around only hitting non-wheelchair-bound protestors, that would be a clear case of discrimination.

THIS ^
  • spamdangled 27 May 2011 20:17:39 27,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:

You mean the guy who can only walk about 100 yards with crutches and assistance?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• lucky_jim 27 May 2011 20:19:11 5,326 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't remember which comedian it was, but I remember seeing someone rightly point out that if they wanted to move that guy, there's a much easier way than dragging him out of his chair. Not many protesters are thoughtful enough to have wheels attached.
  • spamdangled 27 May 2011 20:20:09 27,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    I can't remember which comedian it was, but I remember seeing someone rightly point out that if they wanted to move that guy, there's a much easier way than dragging him out of his chair. Not many protesters are thoughtful enough to have wheels attached.

:D

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 27 May 2011 20:25:29
    darkmorgado wrote:
    meme wrote:

You mean the guy who can only walk about 100 yards with crutches and assistance?

Well, I'll give him credit, it's a real disability.
  • spamdangled 27 May 2011 20:28:53 27,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    meme wrote:

Well, I'll give him credit, it's a real disability.

Boring idiot is boring.

• Deleted user 27 May 2011 20:30:06
    That's unfair, how he talks is not his fault.
  • DFawkes 27 May 2011 21:46:30 23,344 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's justified because the guy was really irritating. Easily a Justin Lee Collins on the annoying scale.

I'm fairly sure it turned out he has a history of antagonising police officers too, though that might've been made up drivel in a newspaper.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Megapocalypse 27 May 2011 23:23:32 5,469 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He is a grade A cunt. He spent the morning trying to antagonise police officers, even going as far as to try to punch one when he didn't get the reaction he wanted, but was held back by an old lady whilst the officer continued to try an reason with him to calm down and enjoy the day. Later he managed to position himself in front of the protest where police were under attack and refused to move out of harms way when asked. He was then removed. Of course its going to look bad on camera; force really looks good in real life.

As for not being able to walk, he was quite proud of his ability to push past police and climb the stairs of Milbank tower.

Before anyone jumps on me, I believe that police officers should be made to account for their actions, and if found to have acted unlawfully should be made to face the consequences. From what I have seen, read and heard though, this is not one of those times.
  • spamdangled 27 May 2011 23:28:38 27,413 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    As for not being able to walk, he was quite proud of his ability to push past police and climb the stairs of Milbank tower.

On his hands and knees, as he makes very clear from describing how the broken glass on the floor was digging into his hands and he "pulled" himself through doorways.

Regardless, he's obviously a dickhead and his own account is a massively one-sided backpatting exercise in self-adulation. But as has been mentioned before, most protestors don't come handily with wheels attached to them and so there must have been an easier way to move him instead of tipping him out of his chair and forcibly dragging him across the road.

• Tom_Servo 27 May 2011 23:29:35 18,005 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THE BROTHERHOOD strikes again

Nah, I pretty much agree with you on this one Mega.
  • ScoutTech 28 May 2011 00:32:47 2,425 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:

I seem to remember this argument when this all actually happened so just to rehash the rebuttal; Have you ever tried to move someone in a wheel chair that did not want to move without injuring them or letting them injury themselves? I've had everything from them clipping the brakes on to trying to grab the push rails on the wheels or grab the tyres (which could lead to mangled hands) to pushing their feet down to trying to tip the chair over to throwing themselves out the chair forward (I can see how that would have played in the paper "POLICE OFFICER RUNS OVER DISABLED PROTESTER WITH THEIR OWN CHAIR!!!!!"). Riot situation? Nah, try working with kids who really don't want to do something or go somewhere.

EDIT: & to clarify my position, I'm not justifying the police, I don't know what went on and there was so much spin & propaganda from both sides I doubt even they do now but to think it is just a simple matter to wheel someone away is the height of ignorance & discrimination. Disabled people can be twunts too.
  • Genji 28 May 2011 01:14:57 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Cupid.stunt

If you use Microsoft Word, you can do it by highlighting the text you want to alter, and pressing the button second from the right just above the "paragraph" tab. It's next to the "Align Text Right" button.

Or press Ctrl + J.
  • Retroid Moderator 28 May 2011 02:13:45 45,010 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Threads like this are what make me laugh when some idiots describe this place as "quite lefty".
  • neilka 28 May 2011 02:17:28 16,247 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Genji 28 May 2011 02:17:56 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Load_2.0 28 May 2011 02:28:01 19,444 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Justify my love
  • thelzdking 28 May 2011 02:29:25 4,369 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Literally, exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread title.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous