The Vampire Diaries (US Pace) Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • RobTheBuilder 21 May 2011 17:31:05 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actors - Don't care about the channel. Better is better. (I'm in the UK, I know about HBO but not CW)
    Writing - Yes, but at least it isn't 'Attractive teenagers in high school...'
    Core Concept - That's later stuff. The core idea of vampires having a synthetic blood substitute that brings them into society is original and has plenty of scope. Unlike 'Attractive teenagers run through bad buffy sub-plots'.
  • HoriZon 21 May 2011 17:51:44 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Actors - Don't care about the channel. Better is better. (I'm in the UK, I know about HBO but not CW)
    Core Concept - That's later stuff. The core idea of vampires having a synthetic blood substitute that brings them into society is original and has plenty of scope. Unlike 'Attractive teenagers run through bad buffy sub-plots'.

The synthetic blood drink they hardly use, its not about that anymore. Of late its gone to faeries and werewolves (yes TVD has these too) and a tad shit and next season its bringing back dead characters.

Acting is good on both shows, yes some of them are crap but that is the same for both.
    Writing has been fantastic on TVD of late some great dark episodes i cant say the same for TB.

As for CW they show lots off good shows and some crap, Supernatural and Smallville were/are both on The CW.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Deleted user 21 May 2011 17:55:08
    HoriZon wrote:
    As for CW they show lots off good shows and some crap, Supernatural and Smallville were/are both on The CW.

Those two are some of the crap shows, right?

Unless you're a teenage girl looking for some schlicking material that is.
  • HoriZon 21 May 2011 17:56:03 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:

Those two are some of the crap shows, right?

Unless you're a teenage girl looking for some schlicking material that is.

One is ubber crap and one i enjoy :)

• RobTheBuilder 21 May 2011 17:57:00 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not now. But that's the core concept. Like all series (TV or book) they have to stretch to keep it going and it gets worse as it goes on.
  • RMXtreme 21 May 2011 20:35:35 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:

HBO is the biggest (commercial free) cable network (The Wire, The Sopranos, Band of Brothers) and the CW is the smallest of the broadcast networks so the budget per episode for True Blood is probably a lot higher; I'm assuming the acting is better, but I can't really tell due to the crappy writing.

Glad we agree that the writing on True Blood is pretty terrible. True Blood has the advantage of having only 13 episode seasons, being on HBO, bigger budget and it isn't set in a high-school (though it doesn't feature that prominently) and yet the storytelling is far inferior.

The world of True Blood is very interesting, but the stories they decide the tell in it aren't very interesting at all (the world of of the first season that is).

And I would say that the Vampire Diaries has gotten better and next season is looking promising as well.
  • Madder-Max 23 May 2011 13:27:40 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Synthetic blood is not original. It was in Day breakers and isn't true blood synthetic too? I really liked the first series of TVD very good. watched episodes back to back in three sittings on Warner Boxsets.

If you really want to see some truly great vamp stuff then check out 'The Thirst' (gory and brutal as hell) and 'Near dark'. lance henrickson as a vampire.....enough said!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 5 Sep 2011 13:31:09 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else having trouble accessing series 2 on catch up Warner TV? Did watch eps 1 - 12 and now it shows 14 eps and when scroll down on Virgin it skips past Series 2 completely....

• HoriZon 16 Sep 2011 13:30:58 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Season 3 is back and the first ep is around.

• Madder-Max 16 Sep 2011 13:33:10 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice one. Up to ep 18 season 2 on virgin atm

• HoriZon 23 Sep 2011 22:02:41 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wow 2nd ep of season 3 is great it has Jack Coleman (Mr Bennet in Heroes) in it now as well!!!

Klaus is an awesome addition to the show as well and the English guy who plays him is fantastic!

So much better in 2 eps than True Blood was all season!

• Madder-Max 27 Sep 2011 12:39:51 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Up to episode 20 now series 2.up to the bit where Elenas lil bro is ressurected and he sees his ex and the lil vampire who gave hime her blood

A vampire werewolf that can change at will! How fucking awesome is that!?

When is season 3 out and what channel? being watching this on Warner

• HoriZon 27 Sep 2011 12:56:50 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Its out now if you download it as for showing it here i think it will be on ITV2 at some point very soon as they were only weeks behind the US last time.

• HoriZon 3 Oct 2011 09:21:04 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Seems like everyone is in this now, first was Mr Bennet (Jack Coleman) now its the bloke from Fringe and Supernatural who played Newton and Balthazar aka Sebastian Roche.

• GiarcYekrub 23 Jan 2013 10:37:21 3,774 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm upto date with ITV2 now, I watched the first 3 seasons back to back on Netflix, I quite like it. I thought it was going to be one of things where nothing ever interesting happens but its more in the vein(pun intended) of a shock every episode type series. I know S4E10 is out in the US but itv2 are teasing its return in Feb so I think I might be able to wait... probally... maybe.

This and Revenge,Homeland,Person of Interest,Elementary I'm starting to rebuild my US shows viewing habit
  • GuiltySpark 23 Jan 2013 10:51:28 6,387 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    wow 2nd ep of season 3 is great it has Jack Coleman (Mr Bennet in Heroes) in it now as well!!!

Klaus is an awesome addition to the show as well and the English guy who plays him is fantastic!

So much better in 2 eps than True Blood was all season!
    I don't trust anyone who uses that many exclamation marks.

Get bent.

• GiarcYekrub 23 Jan 2013 12:26:43 3,774 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I also want to add that Nina Dobrev had certainly made it into my Top 10, mmm luv her especially as Katherine, I wonder if we'll meet Tatia
  • Zizoo 23 Jan 2013 12:31:30 8,385 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So this isn't Twilight: The TV Series?

Not being funny. I've never watched it because I didn't think I was the target market.
  • GiarcYekrub 23 Jan 2013 13:15:06 3,774 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not seen Twilight, its abit like Buffy,Angel with more shagging,drinking and less self contained episodes, they are all part of the main series plot also they don't seem to have latex bad guys.
  • HoriZon 23 Jan 2013 17:29:05 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Its been great tbh and now there is talk of a spin off show featuring The Originals.

• BinaryBob101 23 Jan 2013 17:36:22 22,983 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes, it's very much Twilight: The Series and should be avoided at all costs.

The Grumpy Vaper

• HoriZon 23 Jan 2013 22:10:13 13,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Your so wrong Bob yes it had a ropey first few eps but it beats Supernatural hands down by a mile.

Its nothing like Twilight at all either.

• Stickman 23 Jan 2013 23:02:30 29,666 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not too bad I suppose. I was forced to watch it by the missus who is mildly obsessed with Ian Somerhalder, and...meh...it passes the time. I wouldn't particularly care if I never saw it again though.

There's some proper hot women in it mind you, so that's in the 'pro' list.

Better than Twilight, but then again that is ridiculously shit.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next