Wii questions Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• cianchristopher 6 Jan 2012 11:50:20 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks Kay, I haven't actually. Will try that at home tonight. Cheers. I'll go ahead and order it. Just played through Super Metroid on the VC and it was as brilliant as I remembered it from when I was 12. Can't wait for more.

BTW, is Metroid Other M any good?
  • Deleted user 6 January 2012 11:52:30

this?
  • roz123 6 Jan 2012 11:57:10 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mixed opinions, I really liked it but some people detested it.
    Its a very unique game in the way it plays and its worth checking out. Story and music are a let down though.

Prime 1+2 are better
  • cianchristopher 6 Jan 2012 12:01:27 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:

this?
    Yep, that's the one I had as a kid. It was about 5 times bigger than my other SNES games. Good times. Good times.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2012 12:02:47
    Put it ebay about 30 minutes ago and I have tons of questions asking me to sell it for 50, lol

Worth between 80-120 :D
  • Kay 6 Jan 2012 12:05:41 17,905 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seriously? I've still got mine in a cupboard somewhere. Box is a bit tatty now, though.
  • cianchristopher 6 Jan 2012 12:05:52 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck, I sold it to a school friend in around '96 or '97 for a few quid along with my SNES to help finance my purchase of a PS1.

Always regretted doing that. I kept my N64, but I never hung on to the SNES. :(
  • mrpon 6 Jan 2012 12:07:08 28,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Put it ebay about 30 minutes ago and I have tons of questions asking me to sell it for 50, lol

Worth between 80-120 :D
    It's 17.99 isn't it? ;)

Edited by mrpon at 12:08:06 06-01-2012

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• cianchristopher 6 Jan 2012 12:12:41 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Mixed opinions, I really liked it but some people detested it.
    Its a very unique game in the way it plays and its worth checking out. Story and music are a let down though.

Prime 1+2 are better
    Thanks, I'll probably just go with the Prime Trilogy for now. They'll keep me busy for about a year at my rate of playing games.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2012 12:15:29
    Kay wrote:
    Seriously? I've still got mine in a cupboard somewhere. Box is a bit tatty now, though.
    Ya, even in bad condition you'll probably get 40 for it.
  • Folant 10 Apr 2012 14:55:12 1,242 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, wanna buy a Wii, but I'd prefer a good bundle. All I've seen is shit, with Wii sports, as Zumba etc..

Anyone know anywhere doing a good bundle? Preferably with The Last Story? Or Pandoras Tower?

Cheers!

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Deleted user 30 April 2012 17:22:34
    Just received a us NTSC wii console today what I bought off eBay happy with what I got .....lbut it's as the homebrew channel installed not got a clue how it works and no interest in it at all can I delete it on the wii and is it safe to update it the firmware is 4.0u......or is it not worth the hassle.
  • MrSemprini 30 Apr 2012 18:01:33 9,417 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The last thing you should be doing is upgrading the firmware or removing the homebrew channel. It's the single most useful app you could install on the console.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2012 18:34:02
    MrSemprini wrote:
    The last thing you should be doing is upgrading the firmware or removing the homebrew channel. It's the single most useful app you could install on the console.
    Cheers for the reply can I ask how the homebrew works.....also my wii came with 2 jap games and a freeloader with the firmware being 4.0u those games are useless right? Sorry for my ignorance only bought the wii as I have a few decent NTSC GameCube games and after seeing the ludicrous prices for a component for the cube I got this wii with games, component, etc at a sweet price
  • MrSemprini 30 Apr 2012 20:18:19 9,417 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With homebrew you are effectively region free, so the Jap games will work. You don't need freeloader, that was an early solution for region free but it has long been superceded.

The homebrew channel itself doesn't do much. It is the gateway that allows unauthorised apps onto the console, e.g. emulators, media players, games. See here for a reasonably comprehensive list.

The easiest way to get started is with the Homebrew Browser, install that and run it from the homebrew channel and it'll give you an idea of what's available.

All that is worthwhile but the No. 1 thing you want to do is get an external USB drive and load all your games from it.

Once you're comfortable with that you can start to get really fancy with stuff like UNEEK/SNEEK, but that's for another day.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2012 10:22:03
    Will a official wii uk power supply work on a us NTSC wii got a third party one would prefer a official one
  • Raiko101 11 Jul 2012 13:24:20 6,341 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anybody here remember Anno: Create A New World? I remember being quite interested when it first came out, but being at Uni, I pissed away more money than I spent on food, let alone games. Can anybody recommend it to me? I've not played any entries in the series, but i've done enough research to know i'm at least interested in picking this one up. I'm trying to broaden my Wii collection and i've got nothing like this at the minute.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Raiko101 22 Jul 2012 23:34:07 6,341 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok, seeing as nobody answered my post I went and bought Anno anyway. It's been about a week now, so here are my impressions.

Personally, I think it's a great game. I suspect it's a little basic compared to the Settlers series and other Anno games, but for anybody who is looking to get started in the genre, this really is not a bad place to start. The story mode is basically a game-long tutorial, which isn't half as painful as it sounds, and it introduces all the different elements in the game. These include things like sourcing food and building materials, town management, trading, sea exploration, treasure hunting and military management. Personally, I think the introduction of these individual segments are well paced and you'll unlikely become confused or overwhelmed at any point.

The story mode does have a fairly uninteresting plot that gives your actions some purpose, but it's quite forgettable. If you'd rather learn on your own, the Continuous Play mode is unlocked from the go and is highly addictive. I still recommend completing the Story Mode first though!

I strongly recommend this one to anybody who is even slightly interested. It's easily worth 20 and you'll likely find it for much less.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• figaro7 23 Jul 2012 03:06:25 1,364 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didnt see your post earlier but i can recommend the game, its bloody good, a nice chillout game for sure. The story mode is dull but did a nice job of easing you into the mechanics of the game.

Definately recommend it as a RTS strategy type game, but your right, it is simple but very addicting.
  • Blaketown 23 Jul 2012 09:48:33 4,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please!

It makes us all as a forum look bad when you do things like that.

It's not just you your letting down it's all of us.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2012 11:04:05 14,775 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps
    Any help...
    I turned on the wii today (first time in about 2 months) both wii remotes will not stay "paired/connected" to the console. I have changed batteries, unplugged the leads. It allows me to sync via the console and remote, which allows the remote to works on screen for 10 seconds if I'm lucky then the blue light on the remote goes out and I have nothing!

Is there something I'm doing wrong. Never had this problem with it before, It has never been left unplayed for this amount of time before, but still. I want to play Xenoblade :(

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Jono62 14 Oct 2012 11:50:14 14,145 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Inside the battery part of the wiimote there is a red button. Press for a few seconds and it should allow it to sync again.

Edited by Jono62 at 11:52:39 14-10-2012
  • MatMan562 14 Oct 2012 12:25:21 2,473 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do you have another contoller you could try? Sounds like it might be a fault with it.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2012 12:56:08 14,775 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jono and matman.
    All sorted. Thank you boys

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 13:28:57 14-10-2012

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DuaneW 1 Jun 2013 13:15:45 91 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi Guys,

So I am putting my new TV on the wall today and have a bit of a problem with the wii cable. I have a component cable but this will not be long enough, so I bought what I thought was an extender. While this cable was long enough I accidentally bought a RGB cable (I think) that only have 3 coloured connections rather than 5.

So,

- Do I use my existing small component cable and buy another extender (I can access behind the wall so I can do this in the future) Does anyone know if these exist as it will need to have 2 wii connections which maybe hard to source (or not be worth the money?)
    - Use the RGB Cable and buy a wii connector (again do these exist)

I don't play it often its just I want to make sure I don't have to take the TV off the wall anytime soon. (I presume the Wii-U uses a HDMI cable, in case my fiancee wants one?)

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Fake_Blood 1 Jun 2013 13:28:57 4,220 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What you need is a stereo rca male to female extension cable.
  • DuaneW 1 Jun 2013 13:31:49 91 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks mate, I am putting TV on the wall in 10mins so won't be able to get one of them quick enough. Will just bring forward a Wii-U purchase as have a spare HDMI and Wii-Sensor bar to put behind the wall already. Thanks again
  • Craven 6 Jul 2013 18:56:01 391 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Evening all.

Just bought a wii for 19 today, which i thought was a bit of a bargain.

What i wanted to ask was am i allowed to talk about homebrew on the wii forums, as basically that's what i bought my wii for, for opening it up so to speak. Just for the record it's running 4.3e at the moment if that helps.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Jul 2013 19:19:10 38,338 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As long as you avoid the out and out piracy questions/discussion, and don't link to any warez, or indeed anything that could be illegal and you'll be OK.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 5 First / Last