Dead or Alive Dimensions Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• roz123 19 May 2011 20:16:24 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a couple of goes online and got thrashed. Played a japenese person who had already played over 100 games. It didn't seem to lag that much but I need to learn the basics first. Been able to unlock a few characters, costumes and trophies as the initial single player modes that are open are very easy. It's satisfying pulling off combos and counters but I am just button bashing.
    I like the Bruce Lee lookalike and the girl with the cowboy hat and the massive tits
  • cheeky_prawnking 19 May 2011 20:17:23 4,585 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I used to play 4 online a lot, wasn't too bad, won as many as I lost, the key was alway learning the reversal window. When I get this hope I can remember it!
  • roz123 19 May 2011 22:07:58 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The more I play this the more I am enjoying it. It flows well and has some great looking moves. The chronicles mode has some really nice cutscenes. Been playing the whole time in 3d and have no problems with the slider all the way up.
  • DFawkes 20 May 2011 13:53:35 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd swear that the demo version I played had boobs that were more 3D. They were ridiculous, now they just seem mostly normal. Not that it;s why you buy the game of course.

I'm loving it though, it feels just like DOA2, down to the same menu music, and there really seems to be plenty to do. Chronicles mode seems a bit talky but I like that, and I'm fairly sure that if you keep losing on a stage it'll edge the difficulty down. Either that or I'm getting better, which I doubt :p

The way Chronicles introduces concepts is awesome though, I didn't know half that stuff before! The rock paper scissors style of it, and counters, and reversals all feel so fluid. I can see me getting into this a lot more. Hopefully I'll see some of you online :)

Pro tip: I have a shocking habit of always starting with Kasumi's PPPKK combo. I can't not do it.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• jonsaan 20 May 2011 14:01:22 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Straight onto the shoulders of your assailant with Kasumi. Then that dirty crotch in face takedown she does. Love it.

FCUTA!

• DFawkes 20 May 2011 14:22:30 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably best not to go for the throw, best counter is a reversal. That PPPKK combo would cancel the throw anyway. Block/reverse it then FACE CROTCH! Though I'm new to this so probably wrong. I'm sure we shall see in good time as I ignore that and try to button mash constantly. I do love that throw though, bet almost everyone uses Kasumi online too.

One touch I liked is the top screen on the main menu shows a stage, but you can look around it by tilting the 3DS. Also, in figurine mode you can jiggle the 3DS to jiggle things around.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• DFawkes 20 May 2011 15:14:38 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FREE COSTUME GET!

SpotPass is already sending out a Kasumi costume. My blue light on the front didn't go off, but there's an icon on DOA itself and the new costume in-game :)

There's also a Throwdown challenger. I bet he destroys me.

• Gearskin 20 May 2011 15:21:11 2,045 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got mines.
  • roz123 20 May 2011 15:23:25 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The throws and reversals are quite impressive. I am still getting used to it, too busy playing around with all the characters to learn the moves of one individual. Although I had a couple of wins online playing with the old guy, he has quite a simple move set so it made life a little easier.
    The chronicles mode is good, the cutscenes when you get to the 4th chapter are impressive and a few lines have made me laugh. Only problem is its very easy, in fact so are all the single player modes I have tried. Except playing AI specifically on hard in free mode, thats a proper challange.
    Got the first bit of dlc. It was a costume for Kasumi and a "throwdown" player to fight. I got my arse kicked and unfortunatly you only get one go.
  • DFawkes 20 May 2011 15:31:03 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really? Balls, if I'd known that I'd have waited and got demolished later!

• Midgar777 20 May 2011 15:38:48 472 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    what the devil..... is this out already? :S?
  • CosmicFuzz 20 May 2011 16:37:21 24,394 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gah my copy has been dispatched, not due to arrive until the 26th :(

WHY AM I TOO CHEAP TO PAY FOR POSTAGE

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• roz123 20 May 2011 16:52:15 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who did you go with? I ordered with thehut.com on the 17th as they said they had it in stock and delivered in 24 hours but when I ordered it said dispatched on the 20th. I then ordered of shopto on the 18th and it came on the 19th. Free delivery as well.
    Tried to cancel my first order but they wont let me for some unknown reason. It still hasn't been dispatched yet and they havent replied to my messages.
  • mal 20 May 2011 17:13:02 22,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Damnit, mine's still dispatching soon. Still, estimated delivery is still 27th at the latest, which according to some reports is the end of the availability of the Kasumi dlc, or the start of the daily DLC, so as long as I can get it online at some point that'll be nice.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Gearskin 21 May 2011 13:14:59 2,045 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's good! Bit weird seeing DOA run at a lower framerate in 3D mode... but it looks really good in 3D!
  • CosmicFuzz 21 May 2011 17:14:19 24,394 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's arrived!!! Next day delivery with super saver delivery, amazing!

Just finished work, might try and squeeze in a couple of games before heading out to dinner.

3D TITS AHOY!!

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• jonsaan 21 May 2011 17:56:19 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine came this morning. Spent all day bashing through Chronicles. Now it's just arcade and Survival based fun. Loving the course unlocks and figurines. Chronicles is pretty nonsensical but you need to crack on through it to get the unlockables I think.

FCUTA!

• DFawkes 21 May 2011 18:00:14 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently you can buy a pack of 3 random figures with 10 Play Coins - a blue circle with an exclamation mark appears on the main menu once you have 10.

It might even have been in the manual, but I didn't know so I thought I'd share.

• CosmicFuzz 21 May 2011 19:06:34 24,394 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We'll have to get some tournaments organised. Can you set up lobbies with friends or am I asking too much from Nintendo?

• DFawkes 21 May 2011 19:34:48 22,987 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, you can set up friends only lobbies, regional lobbies or worldwide lobbies.

• jonsaan 21 May 2011 19:49:14 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll add some codes real soon. My brain is too addled for anything like that right now.

FCUTA!

• roz123 21 May 2011 19:51:55 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will have to get someone to help with the last few tag challanges, they are very hard and the AI can be retarded.
  • roz123 21 May 2011 19:56:57 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also you can play as the final boss but he is hidden

To play as Shiden.
    When you have unlocked other character slot, all 25 characters playable,
    1) Goto the Random slot in character select screen ("?")
    2) Press and Hold L+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 1)
    Press and Hold R+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 2
    Press and Hold L+R+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 3)

Also I think you cant unlock the other bosses (Genra, Alpha etc.) until you have completed the chronicles mode
  • jonsaan 22 May 2011 06:11:03 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So. Do we have alist of friend codes? I've got DFAWKES'

FCUTA!

• Opti 22 May 2011 07:00:23 64 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just posted this in the main thread but for the purposes of the DoA thread my code is

4296-2972-9099

Cheers!

Opti
  • jonsaan 22 May 2011 12:39:04 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New costume update! I have 2 DLC ones now.

I seem to have missed one on the 20th. I think it repeats. It'll be a real bummer if people miss out ultimately.

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 22 May 2011 14:06:38 24,394 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This game is great! Graphics are lovely and 3D effect is ace. Better than Ghost Recon anyway which is the only other game I've played.

So much more fun than Street Fighter. Can't wait to spend some proper time on it, chronicles mode is good for learning the ropes.

Will post my code here when I get back from work.

• roz123 22 May 2011 14:26:07 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Added opti and dfawkes.
    My code is 3995-6488-3940
    Feel free to add me and pm the code
  • Opti 22 May 2011 16:36:06 64 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Done!
  • jonsaan 22 May 2011 16:42:02 25,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chronicle mode is alright for getting the basics but I wish the info that comes up in there could be dumped out to a text screen. It's a pain having to skip all the guff.

It's alright to button mash. Just have fun! The good thing about DOA is that it's quite easy to stop a button masher with a reversal. I love the fact that harder courses unlock. It was waay to easy from the outset. I just got beaten on the last person in 50 person survival. GAH!

FCUTA!

• Page

of 7 First / Last