Dead or Alive Dimensions Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • roz123 6 Jun 2011 11:08:26 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeh its satisfying, the quality of players online is definatly improving aswell which is great because I now get a chance to use holds more often as people often counter.

Its a shame its not sold well in the UK as its a really good game. It makes me worry that the online community might not last.
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Jun 2011 11:53:53 25,637 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's the deal with counterholds? Do you use them to get out of a counter?

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• jonsaan 10 Jun 2011 16:56:25 25,440 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christie's costume today! She has basically got her thruppnies out.

FCUTA!

• mal 10 Jun 2011 17:12:36 22,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yeah I think you need to hit diagonal up-back and hold at the same time (does that make sense?). Although I'm not sure, gah didn't realise you could just hold back and press hold at the right time to counter, thought you had to press both at the same time.

That's not a counter, is it? I thought that was a hold. Counters are just getting a quick move in after your opponent has started theirs and it's about learning the best moves with the short startup times.

I think that's yet another way the movesets are balanced. I don't think there are many, if any, short startup moves which give you a critical, so they don't give you control, but do allow you to avoid getting into a critical youself.

I think counterholds are just another name for holds. But I don't know what offensive holds are yet - I've not really spent the time to study the move lists yet.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• trav 10 Jun 2011 17:32:12 947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What happens about the spotpass costumes you miss? Can you still get them from somewhere?
  • mal 10 Jun 2011 17:47:02 22,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The costumes are still being released on rotation for the forseeable future, so if you wait you should get them eventually.

• mal 17 Jun 2011 13:11:29 22,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yay, got my first streetpass. I've not had the cart in yesterday, so I've currently got a costume spotpass and a streetpass battle together. Now I've put the cart in, the spot on the application icon is switching back and forth between blue and green.

Heh, that supposed 'class E' opponent was rather easy to beat. Given the number of local plays he's had, I guess he's got someone nearby with the game, and has got most of the points from that.

• Gearskin 22 Aug 2011 15:53:23 2,089 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At lunch, I just discovered the figure mode in this can be quite purvy. If you feel like purving. Cool!
  • jonsaan 22 Aug 2011 20:39:25 25,440 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Get DOA Paradise if you want to get pervy with DOA girls.

FCUTA!

• prawnking1980 22 Aug 2011 20:46:43 5,204 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ^^This is true^^

• Deleted user 24 August 2011 22:41:01
    jonsaan wrote:
    Get DOA Paradise if you want to get pervy with DOA girls.

Very surprised not to see DOA Paradise 3D. Did the PSP game sell well?
  • fluff_the_tiger 3 Sep 2011 10:03:03 182 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a game! I'm really addicted to the internet battles now. There is something all kinds of awesome about lying in my bed fighting people from across the world.

It really is a shame that this didn't sell all that well as not once have I ever been able to find someone in the "REGION ALL" section. The "WORLD ALL" section normally works but even then you sometimes have to wait for half a minute or so.

I only win about 1 match out of 7, but even so I can feel myself getting slowly better at it with regards to reversals, slow escapes, and the like.

I played my first A+ player last night, and got a proper thumping. I play as Hitomi and the git (who was playing as Eliot) kept on managing to position himself behind me and unleashing a massive combo. I love this game!
  • roz123 3 Sep 2011 10:14:56 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When I was playing it online that was always my tactic. Get a couple of hits in, then when they try and counter do the throw that makes them face backwards and then you can do a massive combo
  • binky Moderator 17 Feb 2012 09:17:19 9,950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Picked this up on ebay for a tenner. It really is super smooth with the 3D off. Looks lovely, almost as good as the 360 version (albeit in mini-vision). Nice.
  • souvlaki 17 Feb 2012 12:46:27 728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Tis a great game - very easy though. I have zero skills for fighting games, but sailed through it.
  • redcrayon 15 Jul 2012 22:36:14 4,573 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just tried the demo for this and really enjoyed it, looking forward to the full game now. Anyone know if there is still an online crowd?
  • DFawkes 15 Jul 2012 23:42:02 24,069 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm honestly not sure as I wouldn't inflict my attempts are fighting on anyone online :p

I can check if you need confirmation, but I suspect there will still be people playing, but they'll have been playing so long they'll be like real ninjas. Hopefully it should try to match your skill level, but there are limits such as if you're really, really bad.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• mal 16 Jul 2012 00:56:32 22,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We could try to organise EG nights again, but I seem to remember it was more than a bit of a pain to organise private events, but I forget why. The lack of lobbies was a nuisance, I seem to remember.

• jonsaan 16 Jul 2012 07:21:16 25,440 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The lag was also pretty terrible.

FCUTA!

• redcrayon 16 Jul 2012 08:21:47 4,573 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dfawkes

My skill level could be described as 'Simian'.

Cheers Mal!

As an aside, 5 minutes with the demo was enough to convince me to pick it up, why all games don't automatically have a demo in the store a few days before release is beyond me, I never would have tried it otherwise.

Edited by redcrayon at 13:55:53 16-07-2012
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next