Dead or Alive Dimensions Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• jonsaan 30 May 2011 18:35:46 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can someone explain the spotpass thingy to me. So far I've been really on the ball about having the game in and ready around midday each day. No problems. Anyway, today I relaxed a bit and left the console in sleep with wireless on and the game in. came home about 17:00 opened the 3DS which promptly blackscreened. Powered it off and on and no costume :(

FCUTA!

• mal 30 May 2011 19:27:18 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    IIRC they come through about midnight, though I haven't had one since midnight Friday/Saturday now.

It's also not giving me the 10 point gift thing now. Is that once only?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DFawkes 30 May 2011 19:32:28 23,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had SpotPass content daily since release, and I still have access to the daily gift option. Sometimes it doesn't seem to come through properly though, but leaving it open on the main menu with DOA in the slot for a couple of minutes does the job for me.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• mal 30 May 2011 19:47:18 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Funnily enough it offered me that gift when I booted up the game - I had closed it last time I used the console. Still no throwdowns for a few days though.

• jonsaan 30 May 2011 20:42:15 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It gave me the cozzy in the end, after going out to the main 3rd menu. Weird..

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 30 May 2011 20:42:51 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    3ds menu I mean!

FCUTA!

• johnson81 31 May 2011 11:54:57 388 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beat the 100 man survival challenge on Sunday. Only bought this on Saturday but the game is awesome. This is a hell of a lot easier than number 4 on the 360. I think that helped me prepare for this. The hardest part of the single player is the mission mode, stuck on number 18. Will use the tips posted earlier. If you get quite far in the survival mode, you usually unlock approx 5-8 figurines. Takes about 15-20 mins each.
  • CosmicFuzz 31 May 2011 12:01:06 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes! Hit E-!

Gonna take a break from online and do some single player stuff on it. Mum says I get too angry playing it online :-S I think I get serious DOA rage :(

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• mal 31 May 2011 13:03:20 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I swear this game is the one that comes closest so far to inducing game-related rage in me. Not thrown the console yet, but it's come close!

I've only played DoA2 before this. This version seems a lot harder than that, although I didn't play the hell out of DOA2 - just stopped once I'd unlocked all characters. That said, only one of the arcade levels in this gave me too much trouble. But online is a completely different world - nearly won my third match but in the end my opponent got a bit of distance on me and spammed me to death with lightning (playing as Tengu). I need to figure out how to defend against that.

@jonsaan Same here. Quit the game completely and checked back some time later and it was lit up. So perhaps you have to quit it before you put the system to sleep?

• jonsaan 31 May 2011 15:38:17 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heavens above. Lisa's new costume today is incredibly skimpy....

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 31 May 2011 15:58:40 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Network connection lost...by the OTHER person...so I LOSE 400 FUCKING POINTS?!?!?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

/grabs both sides of 3DS, snaps in half, smashes against wall, stamps on, picks up pieces, cuts wrists with broken shards

• CosmicFuzz 31 May 2011 16:00:37 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mal wrote:
    I swear this game is the one that comes closest so far to inducing game-related rage in me. Not thrown the console yet, but it's come close!

I've only played DoA2 before this. This version seems a lot harder than that, although I didn't play the hell out of DOA2 - just stopped once I'd unlocked all characters. That said, only one of the arcade levels in this gave me too much trouble. But online is a completely different world - nearly won my third match but in the end my opponent got a bit of distance on me and spammed me to death with lightning (playing as Tengu). I need to figure out how to defend against that.

@jonsaan Same here. Quit the game completely and checked back some time later and it was lit up. So perhaps you have to quit it before you put the system to sleep?

That lightning spam attack is soo annoying.

I remember being this angry about stuff like this with DoA4 on the 360. This game series brings out the worst in me, like nothing on earth. I really hurt my wrist slamming it off the sofa this morning.

• jonsaan 31 May 2011 16:02:30 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Answer = Don't play MP :D

generally speaking I hate online gaming for this reason.

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 31 May 2011 16:15:05 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I know, I'm genuinely worried about punching someone if they interrupt me and cause me to lose or something :D

/mum comes in to ask if I want a cup of tea

/A+E

• roz123 31 May 2011 16:18:53 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The scoring system does seem a little dodgy. I get nothing sometimes when I win. I wouldnt let it bother you, as its pretty much meaningless.

I will try and get online for some games tonight if anyones interested.
  • JoeGBallad 3 Jun 2011 12:10:20 386 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know this has probably been asked, but is there any way of 'catching up' with missed SpotPass content?

I just bought my 3DS yesterday with this game, and don't want to miss out on any costumes.

The whole SpotPass thing is pretty confusing. Don't know why Nintento don't just offer a way of manually downloading DLC like Sony/MS/Valve do.

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• CosmicFuzz 3 Jun 2011 12:15:25 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The spotpass downloads are restarting once they finish. So long as you keep it connected you should get them all. No idea how many or when the restart happens though.

• JoeGBallad 3 Jun 2011 12:17:36 386 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, so if I leave my 3DS asleep in my flat, connected to my wifi everyday, it should automatically download everything? And when the restart happens it'll download everything it doesn't have?

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• CosmicFuzz 3 Jun 2011 12:18:27 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah exactly. I'm hoping so anyway, I think I missed the first couple of costumes myself.

• jonsaan 3 Jun 2011 15:08:04 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I lost my first th

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 3 Jun 2011 15:08:05 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I lost my first th

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 3 Jun 2011 15:08:07 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I lost my first th

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 3 Jun 2011 15:08:26 25,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

FCUTA!

• CosmicFuzz 3 Jun 2011 15:40:58 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :-D

• mal 4 Jun 2011 17:16:35 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, after the relative drubbing you guys gave me on Thursday, I thought I'd better practice my holds.

Low and mid holds are easy enough - hold back or back/down to guard, then hit Y in time. But to do high hold, you can't guard first - cos back/up alone seems to evade, and from there you can't hold. Do you just have to hit the buttons and the d-pad together to do an upper hold?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jun 2011 17:20:29 39,257 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I should post my friend code and play some of you guys.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mal 4 Jun 2011 17:45:44 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That'd be cool. If you do, please post it in the thread here

• don81 5 Jun 2011 16:36:51 194 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    how do i know when spot pass is working? got my ds here, with DOA game inserted and game in sleep mode, got the blue light on the side on, by the on button, and now thw blue light on the top of the ds is on, what does this mean?
  • mal 5 Jun 2011 23:53:46 22,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The blue light corresponds to a spotpass message which you can view in the notifications tab. If it says its a DoA update, that'll be a weekly throwdown challenge. The other spotpass feature, free costumes, doesn't light up the light, but if you start the game it should say you've new costumes available - if you put it to sleep with it on the menu somewhere you'll need to come back out to the title screen then back in. At least, I think that's how it works - I don't think I've missed anything other than the first few costumes yet.

In other news: grade F+! Take that! Holds are starting to help, though I need to learn how to do offensive holds now I think. And learn all the moves which are useful for counters.

• CosmicFuzz 6 Jun 2011 09:29:15 25,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I think you need to hit diagonal up-back and hold at the same time (does that make sense?). Although I'm not sure, gah didn't realise you could just hold back and press hold at the right time to counter, thought you had to press both at the same time.

There's still a lot more I need to learn, but have managed to reach E rank! So satisfying to climb up isn't it? :)

• Page

of 7 First / Last