Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror Page 8

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• tombo 18 Dec 2011 22:04:44 2,099 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now THAT'S more like it. Really really good tonight.
  • kinky_mong 19 Dec 2011 12:13:31 10,357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Definitely the best one of the series last night, really struck a chord with me. Jesse Armstrong really is a fantastic writer.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• TheSaint 19 Dec 2011 12:17:38 14,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah easily the best of the three.
  • sport 19 Dec 2011 12:21:08 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agreed. The Jonas character was a vile piece of shit.
  • alexc7496 19 Dec 2011 17:56:35 1,786 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    The wife was viler.
    But she was a Milf.
  • Razz 19 Dec 2011 18:09:43 61,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MILF? Jodie Whittaker is 27 o_o

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 19 Dec 2011 18:13:49 61,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also here is a picture of her naked from the film, Venus

• Fatiguez 19 Dec 2011 18:14:01 8,744 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    She had a child in the show, if you want to get technical
  • richarddavies 20 Dec 2011 20:46:15 2,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just give episode 3 a watch. Really liked it. I really don't like the thought of a world where everyone can see what you've done. The main girl was fit too though a lying bitch face.
  • Scimarad 20 Dec 2011 20:59:50 8,555 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @hiddenranbir

Really? out of all 3 of them it was lead character I most wanted to punch. What a total twat!
  • Ka-blamo 20 Dec 2011 21:07:03 7,368 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    @hiddenranbir

Really? out of all 3 of them it was lead character I most wanted to punch. What a total twat!
    All men have the capacity to be like him, it just takes the right(Or wrong) women to bring it out of him, I related to him.

Not the violence and drinking part though :)
  • Scimarad 20 Dec 2011 21:45:09 8,555 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't say I related to him in any way at all. I just thought he was deeply unpleasant in general. His suspicions may have turned out to be true but the way he acted makes me sympathise with his wife more than anything, though she does have TERRIBLE taste in men!

Anyway, that said, it was actually a proper SF story of the sort you don't normally get to see on TV.
  • TarickStonefire 21 Dec 2011 10:34:18 3,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought all three were great. If anything the first one was weakest for me. But it was still a billion times better than most TV drama about tech.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 21 Dec 2011 10:35:59 3,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Scimarad wrote:

Anybody else wonder if that window at the end was real or am I just being daft?
    The window at the end was real, the perspective changed with the camera position.
    No, with all that happened it was just for a bigger, better screen.
    No, it was a real window. As the camera moved back the perspective changed. The window wouldn't do that if it was just a better screen, as it would adjust itself based on the character's perspective, not ours. I think?

• localnotail 21 Dec 2011 10:56:15 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just assumed it was a better video screen and all the trees were gone. Seemed unlikely that human civilisation would be forced into pedal power when there are so many trees still available to burn in biomass power stations.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• sport 21 Dec 2011 11:11:01 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who cares about the stupid window, did the top stop spinning before the end?!?!?!
  • Razz 21 Dec 2011 11:16:07 61,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    People not comfortable with open endings :D As the window/screen thing was supposed to be. There is no answer. Personally I love that. The concepts are absurd, why bother providing closure, it's fiction.

Edited by Razz at 11:16:47 21-12-2011

• Deleted user 21 December 2011 11:17:17
    Yes, everything must be explained otherwise it's a plothole :D
  • localnotail 21 Dec 2011 11:30:08 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's not a matter of not being comfortable with open endings, I'm just saying what I thought at the time.

The last one was really interesting, if even more depressing than the second. Horrible watching it all fall to pieces. Yes, she had been unfaithful, but only after he'd disappeared off without a word after being so jealous about another bloke without good cause. It was really nicely (horribly) handled. He could have left it alone and had a happy life with her and his kid, she obviously loved him.

It felt like they could have run a few more stories in that world, it barely explored the dramatic possibilities of such technology.

• Deleted user 21 December 2011 11:32:28
    It didn't need to, it was essentially Facebook.
  • sport 21 Dec 2011 11:36:05 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @localnotail - don't you dare defend that heartless bitch!!!!
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 21 Dec 2011 11:41:26 7,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    It felt like they could have run a few more stories in that world, it barely explored the dramatic possibilities of such technology.
    I think a lot was deftly touched upon - moments such as when the parents casually review the images from their child's 'grain' or the stigma attached to not having a grain - raised a lot of questions without bogging down the central drama.
  • localnotail 21 Dec 2011 11:57:02 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was happy with the story as it was, I didn't want it changing - I was just curious about the technology and would have welcomed more episodes on other storylines within that world.

sport wrote:
    @localnotail - don't you dare defend that heartless bitch!!!!
    :p My last ex was really jealous, it didn't matter how much I loved him and never even looked at anyone else while we were together, he always assumed that if I was out without him that something bad was happening - either someone was coming onto me or I was flirting with someone else. It's a horrible thing to live with, not being trusted. I quite often found myself wondering if I should just go on and have an affair since I was already getting the suspicious jealous shit from him. Thing was, I didn't want to, because I loved him. I can't say I wouldn't have got drunk and fallen in bed with someone if he'd pushed us to crisis point and then buggered off without a word. There are definitely previous encounters that I played down or avoided telling him about because he didn't want to know about me being with anyone else.

That kind of behaviour quite often creates the very thing you are scared of. If you don't give trust then how can you expect others to repay you with it?

Her initial cooling / freaked response to him at the party wasn't due to her thinking "Oh shit, I don't want him to be here", more likely "Oh shit, I'd better not be looking like I enjoy this man's company or I'll get the third degree and supermoody husband for the next few days because he'll assume I'm having an affair with him right now just because we having a laugh".

• sport 21 Dec 2011 12:04:00 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    blah blah blah something about mistrusting men....women can sleep with whoever they please....cats rule lol....tldr
    She was totally going nail that Jonas character at the party. Even I saw the signs!!!!
  • localnotail 21 Dec 2011 12:08:00 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sport wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    blah blah blah something about mistrusting men....women can sleep with whoever they please....cats rule lol....tldr
    She was totally going nail that Jonas character at the party. Even I saw the signs!!!!
    Who was she, sport? The one who made you so damaged? Would you like me to kill her for you? I'd do it, in a heartbeat. Just for you though.

• sport 21 Dec 2011 12:16:05 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    sport wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    Who was she, sport? The one who made you so damaged? Would you like me to kill her for you? I'd do it, in a heartbeat. Just for you though.
    She is the proverbial cock tease, the echo of my despair, the root of my insecurity. She is everywoman.

I want her head on a stick! Can you do that for me local?
  • TarickStonefire 21 Dec 2011 12:17:50 3,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    People not comfortable with open endings :D As the window/screen thing was supposed to be. There is no answer. Personally I love that. The concepts are absurd, why bother providing closure, it's fiction.
    I like open endings but I didn't think the window was vague - i think we were meant to see him looking out at the usual screen of scenery, but it was revealed subtly to the viewer that actually he'd achieved such success that he had a real view through real windows now. I don't think it was meant to be obvious, but if you noticed the perspective change i don;'t think there's any other way to interpret it, myself.

• localnotail 21 Dec 2011 12:19:40 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    /checks kitbag

Every woman?

I'm going to need more sticks. BRB.

• sport 21 Dec 2011 12:30:54 12,758 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    /checks kitbag

Every woman?

I'm going to need more sticks. BRB.
    :-P

Anyway, it was a great bit of telly. No doubt there'll be more in the future.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last