Just remembered another reason why I hate Nintendo - the stars system Page 4

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• yupyup 11 May 2011 14:22:12 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The number of stars it cost mad-hacker to get his princess peach styled whore.

Hands Off Our Penises

• yupyup 11 May 2011 14:30:37 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    I guess you guys complaining never checked the store unless someone made a thread about it? Because the store is now permanently stocked with decent goods, alongside Wii points.

Not only do you want stuff for free, but you want it served on a plate too?

#sorryfornotworshippingatthealtarofnintendo

If we're trading insults, then I guess it's fair that I can simply call you a dunce. This isn't about being a fanboy at all, it's basic common sense. These are free products, the old system was stupid, the new system is not stupid, the transition between the two guaranteed that you could get free videogames (fancy that!) if you bothered to log in in a period of approximately 46 weeks.

And it was all free.

#firstworldproblems

Hands Off Our Penises

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 14:42:38 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "you started it"

ner-ner na ner-ner?
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 14:48:24 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like that you still haven't clarified if you can actually read :)

Hands Off Our Penises

• yupyup 11 May 2011 14:55:12 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Forgotten that rather lame twitter #whitewhine joke then? I wasn't whining, I made a legitimate complaint.

Can you read, btw?

Hands Off Our Penises

• Binny 11 May 2011 14:55:19 182 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why don't people just keep hold of the VIP cards and register them on the site when they have saved up the amount needed for what they want? or am I missing something?
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 14:58:02 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Because Nintendo decided to void points already activated. It's is/was a problem for people who registered points that Nintendo decided to invalidate.

Hands Off Our Penises

• ManicDrunkMonk 11 May 2011 15:16:30 489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do Nintendo still refuse to allow you to redownload games?

/goes almost completely off topic
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 15:24:20 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    yes.

mad-hacker: There is nothing lolsy whatsoever about what yup-yup posted. If I'd know the points were going to expire when I activated them, then I wouldn't have done so, but at the time this wasn't the case.
  • kinky_mong 11 May 2011 15:28:37 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    yupyup wrote:
    Can you read, btw?
    Binny wrote:
    Why don't people just keep hold of the VIP cards and register them on the site when they have saved up the amount needed for what they want? or am I missing something?
    yupyup wrote:
    Because Nintendo decided to void points already activated. It's is/was a problem for people who registered points that Nintendo decided to invalidate.

lol

That made me laugh too. In fact it's quite funny how some regulars are resorting to puerile retorts in the face of a reasonable counter argument.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• andywilkie35 11 May 2011 15:30:48 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a big fan of the Stars system. Had a shit load of stars and wanted to convert them to Wii points so I could download stuff, but of course everytime I tried to "redeem" them, these "vouchers" were apparently sold out (how you can sell out of codes is beyond me), then after a year of this they took away 70% of my stars as "I hadn't used them".

Hang on did I say I was a big fan? I meant Nintendo are a bunch of fucktards.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 15:32:33 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    I'm a big fan of the Stars system. Had a shit load of stars and wanted to convert them to Wii points so I could download stuff, but of course everytime I tried to "redeem" them, these "vouchers" were apparently sold out (how you can sell out of codes is beyond me), then after a year of this they took away 70% of my stars as "I hadn't used them".

Hang on did I say I was a big fan? I meant Nintendo are a bunch of fucktards.

this in a nutshell basically
  • Lexmeister 11 May 2011 15:47:33 24 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Agree with andywilkie.

As an act of consumer revenge, i now source my Nintendo software from 'alternative' outlets, if you know what i mean.

Not proud about it, but i'm a dick like that.
  • Lexmeister 11 May 2011 15:47:38 24 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Agree with andywilkie.

As an act of consumer revenge, i now source my Nintendo software from 'alternative' outlets, if you know what i mean.

Not proud about it, but i'm a dick like that.
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 15:57:57 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    mad-hacker wrote:
    yupyup wrote:
    Can you read, btw?
    Binny wrote:
    yupyup wrote:

lol

That made me laugh too. In fact it's quite funny how some regulars are resorting to puerile retorts in the face of a reasonable counter argument.

His counter argument didn't stretch much further beyond 'IT'S FREE STFU' and 'lol'. Does dunce count as puerile retort btw? You seem to have ignored that one. I stated on page 1 I thought the stars system = good and the introduction of expiry dates on redeemed stars = bad. Is this clear enough? Do I need to use smileys or gifs to make it more understandable?

Hands Off Our Penises

• kinky_mong 11 May 2011 16:35:34 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yupyup wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    mad-hacker wrote:
    yupyup wrote:
    Can you read, btw?
    Binny wrote:
    yupyup wrote:

lol

His counter argument didn't stretch much further beyond 'IT'S FREE STFU' and 'lol'. Does dunce count as puerile retort btw? You seem to have ignored that one. I stated on page 1 I thought the stars system = good and the introduction of expiry dates on redeemed stars = bad. Is this clear enough? Do I need to use smileys or gifs to make it more understandable?

The joke, which you've missed again, is you repeatedly said "can't you read?" to mad hacker, then proceeded to reply to Binny's post with a response that shows you didn't actually read what he said. He suggested people hold onto the cards and only register them on site once you have enough to afford something you want to avoid them expiring, which is exactly what I did 18 months ago to get Wii points.

Everyone agrees that points expiring is crap, it's just some people can see why it's been implemented to make things a bit fairer rather than shouting "Nintendo are scum!" and sharpening their pitchforks. You don't need gifs or smileys to explain anything to me, but you can drop the patronising attitude.

• kinky_mong 11 May 2011 16:36:39 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 16:49:06 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    yupyup wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    mad-hacker wrote:
    yupyup wrote:
    Can you read, btw?
    Binny wrote:
    yupyup wrote:

lol

The joke, which you've missed again, is you repeatedly said "can't you read?" to mad hacker, then proceeded to reply to Binny's post with a response that shows you didn't actually read what he said. He suggested people hold onto the cards and only register them on site once you have enough to afford something you want to avoid them expiring, which is exactly what I did 18 months ago to get Wii points.

you fool.

We are talking about the period before expiration came in, when people amassed lots of points because there was nothing in the store worth having. They had yet to bring the expiration system in and so there was no advantage to holding onto the points cards. By the time they did bring expiration in the points were already registered and you only had a year in which to use them. A year in which all but the crappiest items were released in tiny numbers including, indefensibly, wii points cards. So unless you camped on the club nintendo website all the points you had built up over a number of years were fucked out the window, just when there some items available which you actually wanted to use them for.

• psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 16:53:11 7,791 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, to be fair, I don't think that was the case as I understood it.

I also registered my points because there was no indication they'd expire. If I'd known that, sure, I would have held on to them, but it's a bit late to find out about that months later :)
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 16:55:35 3,669 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I read exactly what Binny wrote and I didn't miss the 'joke', I was referring to people who redeemed codes before Nintendo introduced the expiration of stars. Still waiting to read these amazingly reasonable counter arguments btw, considering mine were ignored.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Lexx87 11 May 2011 16:58:04 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still waiting for the argument against andy's comment.

Oh wait there isn't one.

Speak the truth hussy!

• kinky_mong 11 May 2011 19:23:35 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yupyup wrote:
    I read exactly what Binny wrote and I didn't miss the 'joke', I was referring to people who redeemed codes before Nintendo introduced the expiration of stars. Still waiting to read these amazingly reasonable counter arguments btw, considering mine were ignored.

The point is Brinny didn't mention anything about redeeming before the expiration was introduced, so you just foisted your one track argument onto his enquiry.

Anyway, seeing as this thread is now just repeating the same tired loop of gamers moaning about free stuff I'm going to stop wasting my time replying and leave you with this.

• DFawkes 11 May 2011 19:30:55 22,063 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The star point cards expire too. No idea how long it takes, but if you hoard them then try and register them all at one, old ones will expire. Specifically ones that were printed years ago and never sold well enough to get new print runs of that game.

Like I say, it takes absolutely ages, far longer than 2 years and well into what I'd call reasonable, but that's why you can't just register them all at once. I've only ever had one expire on me recently, Trauma Centre. It was clearly old stock so it'd have been with the first run in April 2006. I'd certainly say 5 years is fine, so I won't complain about that!

Even then, I'm sure they changed how much points you get since then so ones after that point might not expire at all.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• thedriffter50 11 May 2011 20:45:13 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cool story bro.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last