of 9 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:37:24 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen

Oh Ye of little Faith

the forum summed up in one image. Iconic.
  • DFawkes 11 May 2011 12:37:42 24,073 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to make my position clear (not that anyone cares) I just don't like, nor see any good reason, for Star expiration. That's all. I love the Stars catalogue, I've had quite a few great things and a bunch of free Nintendo Points. But the expiration thing is pointless.

I really want that 7000 point controller, and I have 2000, so I need to buy 20 games with points within a year or the ones I have will run out. I don't see how buying those over 3 years makes me any less loyal - I just don't have the money to buy 20 games within one year. I don't think 7 games a year is unreasonable - I'd be willing to bet those 7 alone would take me above the average attach rate for Wii/DS games.

So I really do thinks the 2 years is almost indefensible. Sure, I understand they want to keep you buying Nintendo games, but expecting you to buy that much in such a relatively short time is shocking.

Just to clarify, Stars Catalogue = like. Point expiration = not like.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:38:58 25,440 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's a fair point.

FCUTA!

• Lexx87 11 May 2011 12:42:44 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mad-hacker can't see the fair points though in his crazy Nintendo love.

Speak the truth hussy!

• PenguinJim 11 May 2011 12:44:36 6,010 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    the title of the thread remains unchanged you dick
    Oh, I most humbly apologise, Geoff. Search function wasn't working last night, I take it, Geoff? Did you try phoning Nintendo and asking them to unexpire your stars, Geoff? What's the harm in calling them and seeing what they can do? They might even give you some free stuff, Geoff! Do you ever call them about the problems you have with them, Geoff?

1) No I didn't call them. I am not in the habit of fruitlessly begging customer service people
    2) No, I didn't use the search function, because, frankly, I don't much care if there is another thread about the stars system. If it annoys prigs like you so much the better.
    Well forgive me for being the only one in the thread to actually offer a solution to your problem. But you're not here to look for solutions, you're here to whine about this company which has hurt you so grievously. Which is fine! Like I said before, it's a real, if tiny problem.

Probably not your only tiny problem, if you know what I mean, hurhurhur.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:47:14 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's not a solution, that's a 10,000/1 longshot with a -7 dignity reduction and a curse of wasted time
  • convercide 11 May 2011 12:48:24 6,206 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    The fanboys are everywhere :(

No shit, Lexxbox.

What's that in the distance? Oh, it's the cunt-train being driven by mad-hacker! "CHOO-CHOO-CUNT-CHOO!" it goes, spewing plumes of bile, smoke and retardation as it travels down the tracks of mediocrity and fail.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Lexx87 11 May 2011 12:50:33 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D

Speak the truth hussy!

• PenguinJim 11 May 2011 13:01:19 6,010 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    That's not a solution, that's a 10,000/1 longshot with a -7 dignity reduction and a curse of wasted time
    So you didn't read the terms and conditions, you've experienced this problem as a result, you've not tried doing anything to fix it, and you've given up. Fair enough! Good to read a nice, concise whine on these forums now and again!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 13:10:40 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No. I understood the terms and conditions. What I had trouble with was finding items of any value in the stars catalogue during the period before my stars expired. This being the period referred to above where points card were in extremely short supply. After my points had expired I then did nothing because there was nothing to do.

Last night I received an email helpfully reminding me about my points balance of nil which prompted me to type out a little rant for my own satisfaction and potentially for the amusement of the assembled company in general.

PS I hope you die
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 13:13:18 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    Just to make my position clear (not that anyone cares) I just don't like, nor see any good reason, for Star expiration. That's all. I love the Stars catalogue, I've had quite a few great things and a bunch of free Nintendo Points. But the expiration thing is pointless.

I really want that 7000 point controller, and I have 2000, so I need to buy 20 games with points within a year or the ones I have will run out. I don't see how buying those over 3 years makes me any less loyal - I just don't have the money to buy 20 games within one year. I don't think 7 games a year is unreasonable - I'd be willing to bet those 7 alone would take me above the average attach rate for Wii/DS games.

So I really do thinks the 2 years is almost indefensible. Sure, I understand they want to keep you buying Nintendo games, but expecting you to buy that much in such a relatively short time is shocking.

Just to clarify, Stars Catalogue = like. Point expiration = not like.

It's quite simple really, but people want their cake and eat it.

1. The system prior to expiration made it nigh-on impossible to get stuff unless you were online the minute that it was added. Unless people are denying this?

2. Expiration allows Nintendo to manage demand much better, and now the catalogue is full of great stuff permanently. It's not a perfect system (clearly neither the old or the new one is) but where would you set the limit. What if, by raising the expiration time to three or four years, they could no longer offer products like that, and were just limited to playing cards or whatever? It's obviously a financial balance.

There was a year-long transition where it was not difficult to exchange stars for wii points.

yeah it's full of great stuff because they know that almost no-one is actually going to be able to amass enough points to take advantage.

And it was extremely difficult to exchange stars for points in that period, had it not been I wouldn't have had a problem.
  • PenguinJim 11 May 2011 13:14:22 6,010 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    No. I understood the terms and conditions. What I had trouble with was finding items of any value in the stars catalogue during the period before my stars expired. This being the period referred to above where points card were in extremely short supply. After my points had expired I then did nothing because there was nothing to do.

Last night I received an email helpfully reminding me about my points balance of nil which prompted me to type out a little rant for my own satisfaction and potentially for the amusement of the assembled company in general.

PS I hope you die
    That seems an odd hope, Geoff. Doesn't everybody die, Geoff?
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 13:15:46 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    slowly, in the near future, with sharp objects in your eyes and blunt ones in your bowel
  • PenguinJim 11 May 2011 13:17:14 6,010 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    slowly, in the near future, with sharp objects in your eyes and blunt ones in your bowel
    Ah, I see your mistake now, Geoff.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 13:19:18 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    you are a cretin.
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 13:19:51 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, that really depends. I would definitely purchase more than 20 games per 2 years, but I'm platform agnostic, so it's not going to be purely Nintendo stuff.
  • PenguinJim 11 May 2011 13:21:37 6,010 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    you are a cretin.
    Get out of my thread!
  • Deleted user 11 May 2011 13:26:40
    I wanted the DS Game & Watch collection last year, but had a few hundred stars nuked just as I was on the brink of being able to afford it. Sold out a few weeks later.

/violin
  • RyanDS 11 May 2011 13:27:30 9,857 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Question, I have nearly 2000 of these stars which I got by registering my 3DS and soem games.

Those points you can swap for, are they any use for DS games or anything? I sold my abomination of a wii, so I want free DS / 3DS stuff, do Nintendo do anything like that? (Obviously with the 3DS store not up yet I have no idea how the stars etc will work if at all.)
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 14:03:08 3,682 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Well, that really depends. I would definitely purchase more than 20 games per 2 years, but I'm platform agnostic, so it's not going to be purely Nintendo stuff.

There's barely 20 games worth owning on the wii, let alone in a 2 year space.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 11 May 2011 14:14:23 10,861 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On top of the 20 games in 2 years, these must also be Nintendo published/partnered games to include stars in the case.

It is a nonsense system of near-to-no reward. The only things I have ever managed to obtain are a Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack CD and a SMG jigsaw puzzle made from cheap cardboard...
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 14:17:24 7,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    less of his time wasted
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 11 May 2011 14:20:00 10,861 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    What did you get from the other platform holders?
    Less unnecessary pieces of paper to recycle.

The stars catalogue for Nintendo Japan was always something to behold. Some truly rare objects. The EU system was always and will continue to be a poor relation.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last