Just remembered another reason why I hate Nintendo - the stars system Page 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• yupyup 11 May 2011 12:07:33 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Admit that you're not a real collector Geoff, and just move on.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:10:27 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dispute that. For the initial period, points cards were in short supply and released in small quantities at irregular intervals. You admit yourself that they were difficult to get hold of in the first six weeks. What possible reason could there be for this, given that the points are an infinite resource in the hands of Nintendo? It's clear that they were restricted as part of a liability limitation measure, the intention of which was to make the whole thing too much of pain in the arse for the first year, until such point as all pre-existing points had expired.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:13:55 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Basically the whole sordid affair reminded me of being in primary school when bigger boys would offer you a go on their chomp and then pull it away from your grasping hand right at the last second, repeated thrice until you just cut your losses and kicked them in the bollocks.
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 12:15:58 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wii points were near impossible to get when the scheme was launched. Compared to physical items they're most certainly cheaper too. A fairer scheme would have limited the amount of Wii points that could be purchased per account, rather than putting a few thousand up for first come first served.

Hands Off Our Penises

• psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 12:16:34 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No hate here, but you're the one that suggested "It rewards real collectors", which most people wouldn't be.
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 12:17:30 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    I think he's suggesting you're just not loyal enough so you didn't deserve any free stuff anyway?

yupyup wrote:
    Admit that you're not a real collector Geoff, and just move on.

Snide + cliquey is not a good look, fellas. I apologise for pointing out that it's dumb to hate a company for attempting to fairly dish out free stuff. lol.

I never said i hated it, as i said a page ago it was a novel idea, the stars expiry, notsomuch.

Can you read?

Hands Off Our Penises

• PenguinJim 11 May 2011 12:18:24 5,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    I don't get how thinking it's a stupid system is whining, it's a fair point.
    Not whining: using the existing Nintendo Stars Expiry thread to express disappointment that the ability to collect some freebies was no longer available years after the fact. Something along the lines of: "Golly, why do these free stars have to expire? I had quite a few saved and now I can't use them!"

Whining: starting a new thread without even mentioning anything except hating Nintendo in the title (thanks to whichever mod added that this thread is about stars), not reading the terms and conditions of the stars, ranting I HATE NINTENDO and expecting them to give away free stuff indefinitely.

I'd agree that it's whining, but it's a real problem (despite being relatively tiny), and what's wrong with whining on a gaming forum about a gaming problem? :)
  • jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:19:04 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    just loging into the site prevents expiration doesn't it?

I don't think so, no.

edit: Or at least I'm sure it didn't back then

It does now. Not sure about back then. I think it did too to be honest. I've got loads of points using the system. Whilst it's not ideal at least Nintendo give you something back. I'm not sure MS or Sony have ever rewarded loyalty in the same way have they?

FCUTA!

• Lexx87 11 May 2011 12:19:05 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fanboys are everywhere :(

Speak the truth hussy!

• yupyup 11 May 2011 12:19:50 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    I'd agree that it's whining, but it's a real problem (despite being relatively tiny), and what's wrong with whining on a gaming forum about a gaming problem? :)

Criticising Nintendo, apparently.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:19:58 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oooh I'm trying to give you this free stuff but I can't because all these naughty restrictions are in the way oooh I'm so terribly sorry
  • jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:20:21 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a Sonic hat. No Mario.

True that!

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:21:33 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What I DO hate is the fucking survey you have to fill out to get your points. Never make the mistake of saying more than one person will play the game either...

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 11 May 2011 12:21:44
    GTFO!!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:21:48 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    I don't get how thinking it's a stupid system is whining, it's a fair point.
    Not whining: using the existing Nintendo Stars Expiry thread to express disappointment that the ability to collect some freebies was no longer available years after the fact. Something along the lines of: "Golly, why do these free stars have to expire? I had quite a few saved and now I can't use them!"

Whining: starting a new thread without even mentioning anything except hating Nintendo in the title (thanks to whichever mod added that this thread is about stars), not reading the terms and conditions of the stars, ranting I HATE NINTENDO and expecting them to give away free stuff indefinitely.

the title of the thread remains unchanged you dick
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 12:22:02 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like this one?
    http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/sonic-hat-for-preorder.html

Now that's a hat. Not that I'd wear it outside, mind you.
  • jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:23:29 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is it!!!

FCUTA!

• psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 12:24:15 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:25:27 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I want that hat
  • PenguinJim 11 May 2011 12:26:36 5,906 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Oh, I most humbly apologise, Geoff. Search function wasn't working last night, I take it, Geoff? Did you try phoning Nintendo and asking them to unexpire your stars, Geoff? What's the harm in calling them and seeing what they can do? They might even give you some free stuff, Geoff! Do you ever call them about the problems you have with them, Geoff?
  • Deleted user 11 May 2011 12:26:48
    /buffs Fatal Fury hat.
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 12:32:16 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mad-spacker

Hands Off Our Penises

• jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:32:24 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen

Oh Ye of little Faith

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 11 May 2011 12:33:00 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's hard not to look like a dweeb in that hat....

FCUTA!

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:36:22 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Oh, I most humbly apologise, Geoff. Search function wasn't working last night, I take it, Geoff? Did you try phoning Nintendo and asking them to unexpire your stars, Geoff? What's the harm in calling them and seeing what they can do? They might even give you some free stuff, Geoff! Do you ever call them about the problems you have with them, Geoff?

1) No I didn't call them. I am not in the habit of fruitlessly begging customer service people
    2) No, I didn't use the search function, because, frankly, I don't much care if there is another thread about the stars system. If it annoys prigs like you so much the better.
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 12:36:48 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen

Oh Ye of little Faith

Most awesome thing I'll see all week.
    I need more hats!
  • Page

of 9 First / Last