Just remembered another reason why I hate Nintendo - the stars system Page 6

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 20 Jun 2011 12:50:11 7,767 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember many nights just grinding the last dungeon again and again trying to get some rare drop that never, ever came :(

Still great game.
  • Kay 30 Jun 2011 15:56:36 17,762 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haven't bothered registering any games for years now, but after registering OoT 3DS for the soundtrack and going through my other other games, I've got around 3400 stars to spend. I was thinking of just spending it all on Nintendo points as I have done in the past, since most of the catalogue consists of crap like ringtones and wallpaper, but the Hanafuda cards have caught my eye. They're beautifully designed from the pics I've seen, and a nice nod to Nintendo's past.

Of course, I'd love to get the SNES controller, but it'll take a good while for me to save up enough for that. It'd probably be just for novelty anyway, since I don't have or plan on getting SNES games on VC. There's a gold Zelda statue there now as well, but since it's 15k stars that's never going to happen.

Edit: Good to see that you can get stars from all games now, even downloads. The system is definitely a lot better than when I last checked a couple of years back.
  • MrVengeance 30 Jun 2011 19:45:03 135 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I scratched off a load of my points the other night and registered the lot. Got over 6k points and wanted to buy an item. Only thing is I live in Ireland and you have to use a postcode for your address. Ony problem is, we don't have any post codes in Ireland.

Does any of the Irish Nintendo gamers know what I can do in order to purchase my item? I emailed Nintendo's customer service and surprise surprise, they haven't contacted me yet. Surely this issue has raised it heads before on the website? After all, it is a joint UK and Irish site. Either Nintendo can't be bothered to fix the stipulation or Irish people don't register their games......
  • MrVengeance 1 Jul 2011 20:24:24 135 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just a follow up to my above post if anyone in Ireland is interested.....

I emailed Nintendo and they got back to me to inform me they have made the necessary changes to their ordering system for Irish customers. Simply submit your order sans a postcode with your full address and your location as "Ireland", and up will come an option afterwards requesting a postcode again but crucially giving you an option to turn off the address check. Bingo!

Glad Nintendo have sorted that out. Got me a new copy of Mario Power Tennis now winging its way to me within the next 8 (!) weeks. Adore the N64 version so can't wait to play this on my trusty GBA. Always meant to pick it up actually....
  • Charlie_Miso 1 Sep 2011 03:32:19 1,191 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I imported Xenoblade from the UK so if anyone wants my Club Nintendo points just say.

Useless to me here.
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Nov 2011 17:59:50 3,914 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrVengeance wrote:
    Just a follow up to my above post if anyone in Ireland is interested.....

I emailed Nintendo and they got back to me to inform me they have made the necessary changes to their ordering system for Irish customers. Simply submit your order sans a postcode with your full address and your location as "Ireland", and up will come an option afterwards requesting a postcode again but crucially giving you an option to turn off the address check. Bingo!

Glad Nintendo have sorted that out. Got me a new copy of Mario Power Tennis now winging its way to me within the next 8 (!) weeks. Adore the N64 version so can't wait to play this on my trusty GBA. Always meant to pick it up actually....
    Cheers for posting this. I've got the delux-o edition of the Mario Galaxy soundtrack on its way. Also in 8 weeks. Will probably be closer to 14 weeks given the time ofthe year and An Post!

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 18:00:17 22-11-2011
  • kingcrowbar 22 Dec 2011 09:58:57 911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • BartonFink 14 Jan 2012 19:20:42 34,853 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just went up to register the 3DS and Mario 3DS on the site today and saw that everything had expired something like 6K. Jaysus.

Apart from that the registration process for entering a PIN is as retarded as I remember. They really should get some professionals to work on the site.
  • rock27gr 14 Jan 2012 20:04:42 5,560 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are you sure about them having expired? Mario3DS is only a month old, doesn't sound right.
  • BartonFink 14 Jan 2012 20:19:17 34,853 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No I had older stuff expired.
  • rock27gr 14 Jan 2012 20:24:17 5,560 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh right. So how long till stuff expire now? I must have quite a lot of Wii/DS games around here with unused codes.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Jan 2012 20:26:45 37,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    12 months I think.

edit: That is, 12 months from when you register them on the site.

Edited by DDevil at 20:27:11 14-01-2012

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mrpon 14 Jan 2012 20:32:01 28,479 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone found worth redeeming the stars on? The JP/US get some seriously good shit.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• BartonFink 14 Jan 2012 20:38:25 34,853 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @mrpon nope :D
  • jonsaan 14 Jan 2012 21:57:31 25,326 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's the came and watch DS cart. Not too shabby.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 14 Jan 2012 21:57:49 25,326 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Freudian slip.

FCUTA!

• chrisp 29 Jan 2012 20:28:03 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd never bothered with the points until recently, not sure why. Anyway, earlier this month I found out that you could convert the points to Wii points (I was under the impression this was something offered a few years ago but which was no longer possible) so I went back through all my Nintendo products registering what I could. Quite a few had expired - none of the Gamecube software codes were recognised as valid codes (although the console itself was - 8 years after purchase!) and a fair few of my earlier Wii games and some older DS titles would no longer register, but I'm now up to a total of 10,800. Super Mario 3D Land on its way so should have 11,050 soon. Still a bit annoying about the game codes expiring - would have had another 2,000 approx. if those had worked!

Question is what to use them on. I don't have any VC games but am quite tempted by the SNES classic controller, if only due to its future potential as a collector's item. Worth getting? I guess with 11,000 I can get the SNES controller and 1,000 Wii points.

Should probably get them sooner rather than later before they disappear from the catalogue or before my points expire. So do I have a year before they expire?
  • DFawkes 29 Jan 2012 20:48:19 22,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should be a year, yeah. They seem to forget sometimes though.

I generally only register if there's a special offer, like the Xenoblade soundtrack or the "Apply for Kid Icarus, receive registration confirmation then get FUCK ALL" offer. As a sidenote, those wanting to register for that have 2 more days to get those skates on!

I want that controller though, if I were you I'd definitely have it. It's looks lovely and has to be the authentic SNES experience, surely?

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• chrisp 29 Jan 2012 21:01:30 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I will get it. At the risk of opening a can of worms - are *all* the SNES VC games bordered 50Hz or do some have at least optimised 50Hz?

What happened with Kid Icarus? I registered 2 of the games and then got the download code and game. Didn't it work for you?
  • DFawkes 29 Jan 2012 21:12:44 22,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope, registered 5 games on the 3rd, got the confirmation of registration, sent 4 e-mails to various Nintendo addresses so far, still nothing. I do moan about it at almost every opportunity though, I do apologise :)

As for the 50Hz thing, I think all games that were released here are the 50Hz PAL version - I prefer it this way as I want the games exactly as they were when I last played them, but given how easy it'd be to give us the 60Hz ones it does seem misguided to not give us the technically superior version.

The ones released as a part of those special festivals (like Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels) might be different. Not sure though.

• chrisp 29 Jan 2012 21:18:42 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm, I got an icon appearing when I logged onto my Club Nintendo account saying that I was eligible for a free download, then I cliked on that and put in my email address and I got the code a little while later. Apologies if that's what you've done, in which case - how irritating! I hope you do get it.

Bit annoying re 50Hz; I would be playing most of these for the first time so would have preferred 60Hz. Oh well.
  • DFawkes 29 Jan 2012 21:30:07 22,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, did that but it would be easily missed so it was worth you saying. I didn't notice the second one (for the 3DS Prize Draw) until the 6th!

I think they really missed a trick not having the 60Hz games up. For some you have to give us the Euro version with European languages, but for others they really should've had 60Hz ones. It is a shame, but at least you should get one free and a lovely controller to play it with :)

• mrpon 29 Jan 2012 21:32:28 28,479 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fawkes, last time I logged into club nintendo it was wibbling on about trying to send me an email and that it bounced back.

Helpful?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• DFawkes 29 Jan 2012 21:38:26 22,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Possibly, I'll check. Thanks for the heads-up, that'd explain a lot.

Can't see anything like that. I did at least manage to get it to display my 2 competition entries again so got a screenshot for evidence :)

Edited by DFawkes at 21:46:43 29-01-2012

• chrisp 30 Jan 2012 00:31:39 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was a gold Zelda statue in the stars catalogue earlier, I swear it was even there today if not yesterday. Just checked and it's gone now. Not that I could've afforded it (15,000 points), but how long do these items stay available? Still want to think a while about whether I really want the SNES controller but don't want it to disappear!
  • DFawkes 30 Jan 2012 01:17:52 22,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The SNES Controller has been there for months, but it's while stocks last so you never know!

• chrisp 30 Jan 2012 01:20:23 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Better make my mind up soon then! Makes me wonder how many people managed to save up 15,000 points for the Zelda statue!

Edit: caved in and ordered the controller! Sod's law something else will appear in the catalogue now that's even better, which I'll no longer be able to afford due to lack of stars!

Edited by chrisp at 01:33:18 30-01-2012
  • Page

of 9 First / Last