• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 00:44:28 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    just had a club nintendo email through "your stars = 0"

absolute cunts

I remember, in 2006 and 2007, I only had a wii and I was buying any and every game going, plus I had loads of points from my gamecube games HOWEVER the club nintendo store thing back then was AIDS there was nothing anyone could possibly want on it but there were RUMOURS that it was going to get better and be more like the JAPanese one.

So I bought my games and SAVED my points or stars or whatever the fuck they are

and then they all expired after about 18 months

FUCK YOU MAHHHHHHHHRIO

I think that was the final nail in the coffin of our 20 year relationship.

the end
  • Lexx87 11 May 2011 00:46:33 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aye it's an absolute cunt that they expire, really rewarding loyalty there!

The best stuff was always gone within 5 seconds of it being put up too.

Speak the truth hussy!

• neilka 11 May 2011 00:47:00 16,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cool story bro

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 00:48:47 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    so counter productive

a reward system that punishes you

GODDAMN I HOPE THEY FAIL sort of
  • DFawkes 11 May 2011 01:17:15 24,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's complete bollocks. They have something I actually want, a SNES controller for Wii, but there's fuck all point in saving up for it as I'll never have all those points in time thanks to their strict, shite time limit. So you end up settling for some crap little thing just to use the points.

Plus they're changing their terms and conditions, so if you don't login within the next month, your stars will all disappear! No e-mail to members, they're just doing it in secret. It's a shit system, no doubt.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Lexx87 11 May 2011 01:18:19 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So basically it's a giant fuck you to the consumer.

Speak the truth hussy!

• yupyup 11 May 2011 01:20:10 3,682 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was saving up for a vitality sensor too :)

Hands Off Our Penises

• Deleted user 11 May 2011 10:02:22
    DFawkes wrote:
    Plus they're changing their terms and conditions, so if you don't login within the next month, your stars will all disappear! No e-mail to members, they're just doing it in secret. It's a shit system, no doubt.

Yeah, this is very sneaky.

The average person would struggle to save up for the more expensive items even without the ridiculous expiry dates. It really is piss poor.
  • wobbler147 11 May 2011 10:20:53 5,152 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:

Erm, I got an email over the weekend warning me about this.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 10:27:03 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No it didn't
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 10:35:38 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, it really didn't, they expired the points ages ago (the first time), remember?

When I got my Wii I spent ages putting in the codes from aaaaaall of my Gamecube games. Built up a crap load of stars, but there was absolutely nothing to buy except some phone wallpapers at the time. Then they expired the stars. I had so many :(
    It was only after that they started putting more decent stuff up.
  • JuanKerr 11 May 2011 10:39:48 36,445 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saved up all my stars and exchanged them for a luxury yacht.
  • evilashchris 11 May 2011 10:43:05 7,149 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had a DS game, T-Shirt and a shitload of Wii points out of it, it's not too bad really.

It is awful that they expire points though, I can't see the reasoning behind that.

Have you seen the hand towel on there at the moment? WANT.

Twitter: @COToole

• kinky_mong 11 May 2011 11:10:52 10,865 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After the first few times I bothered entering the codes years ago I saw that there was bugger all worth getting on the store, so I just kept the cards instead. Then when I got my Wii I noticed they were allowing you to swap stars for Wii points, so I dug all the old code cards out from Gamecube, GBA and DS games and got about 2,000 points out of it. Not too shabby.

It is shitty that they're starting to make points expire if you don't login in though.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• yupyup 11 May 2011 11:38:54 3,682 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People who 'actively cared' about the offers already did benefit since anything that wasn't a Bowser wallpaper was snapped up within 5 minutes.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 11:46:11 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    so buying the games and consoles isn't enough? I'm expected to monitor the catalogue at all times just in case some points pop on there for five seconds? and if I don't want to do that then hard cheese, all those loyalty points go in the bin? If the points were up there permanently then fair enough. BUT THEY FUCKING WEREN'T
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 11:50:47 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think he's suggesting you're just not loyal enough so you didn't deserve any free stuff anyway?
  • Deleted user 11 May 2011 11:51:15
    just loging into the site prevents expiration doesn't it?
  • yupyup 11 May 2011 11:51:57 3,682 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    No, it depended on if you were near a computer in that five minute window, that is not fair, and it's bullshit to suggest otherwise.

Nowadays it rewards people who regularly buy Nintendo products, regardless of if they happen to be near a computer at the time.

If I was linking to this thread on Twitter I'd add the hashtag #whitewhine. Complaining about not being able to get entirely free stuff, smh.

Regardless of when I bought the products why can't I redeem the points when I want to rather than have to pick 10 Mario screensavers because the points are expiring? The stars catalogue was a novel idea, expiring the points notsomuch.

#sorryfornotworshippingatthealtarofnintendo

Hands Off Our Penises

• Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 11:53:58 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    whenever I looked they were out of stock, why would they be demand-affected anyway, unless Nintendo was engineering an artificial shortage in order to limit their liability? I contend that whole purpose of the expiry of stars combined with the limited availability of points cards was to restrict the opportunities for customers such as me who had built up a large stockpile of stars in the days when there was no expiration but also nothing worth having on the store. Otherwise, why would they do it?
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 11:54:44 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    just loging into the site prevents expiration doesn't it?

I don't think so, no.

edit: Or at least I'm sure it didn't back then
  • psychokitten Moderator 11 May 2011 11:55:55 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't get how thinking it's a stupid system is whining, it's a fair point.

Not too bothered anyway, I kept logging into the site initially but it just wasn't a great system, so I lost interest. Gave my codes to someone else but I think hers expired too since she's a casual.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 11 May 2011 12:03:19 7,782 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    what a load of bollocks
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous