Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3

• Page

of 65 First / Last

Previous
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 May 2011 14:36:16 3,271 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-likely-to-be-revealed-soon-200636.phtml

Yes, im as shocked as the rest of you. Never saw this coming in a million years, etc, etc.

Despite the hate on this forum, i'll admit that i've enjoyed all the COD games. Even though Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops were a bit over the top, i had a lot of fun with both campaigns and both MP offerings.

The biggest problem COD has seems to be the lack of originality of fresh ideas. Saying that, with Modern Warfare 3 there is a lot of new talent working on it : Sledgehammer are making the campaign and Raven are making the Multiplayer.

I was a big fan of the last game Raven did (Singularity - Very under-rated game) and they seem like a talented bunch. Their involvment does give me some hope that we will see some new ideas in MW3.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• L_Franko Moderator 9 May 2011 14:42:39 9,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I have washed my hands of COD now after not even bothering with Blops.
    I played the original MW so much online I just could not get into MW2, I'm now pretty sure I burned myself out the first time round.
  • Deleted user 9 May 2011 14:43:40
    Pfft, CoD?

Wake me up when Battlefield 3 is out.
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 14:48:42 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed the BlOps campaign some, but had no desire to go online with it anymore. I'm ready for a reboot of the series! All of the killstreaks, deathstreaks, livestreaks and whatever other streak they threw at us was tiring.

I'm hoping they make the next online offering more about skill and less about who gets the chopper first.
  • gooner77 9 May 2011 14:51:19 735 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Superet wrote:
    Pfft, CoD?

Wake me up when Battlefield 3 is out.

+1
  • WoodenSpoon 9 May 2011 14:56:00 12,280 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stopped half way through Black Ops, it felt like a MW2 fan mod at times.

BF3 looks like they might have finally made the campaign decent, so maybe by the time that comes out I won't have any cause to buy CoD anymore.
  • Zizoo 9 May 2011 15:04:27 8,136 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not interested.... was gonna follow with "it will still sell millions" - but after reading the comments on the article linked by the OP... Could CoD be losing it's appeal? Are people finally tired of the same shit over and over again?

/it will still sell millions.
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 15:06:05 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There were a lot of people sick of it before BlOps - and look how that went (highest selling game of the series, innit?).
  • Zizoo 9 May 2011 15:11:09 8,136 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True. So not enough people sick of it? New young gamers coming through?

Either way. I'm not bothered. I don't tell people what they should be playing. I can see the appeal and what it does right. Just interesting to see so much negativity thrown at it on a site besides EG.

• ronuds 9 May 2011 15:20:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, I loved MW and MW2, but they're clearly over-milking the cow at this point. I'd like to see the series move on and institute some new ideas, rather than just tweaking the old ones. They just keep adding or changing the killstreaks and, imo, it's somewhat removed the necessity for skill.

That's probably why a lot of people still enjoy it - because you can be a new or old player and still do well. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it resulted in some of the streaks being very annoying, imo.
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 May 2011 15:23:46 3,271 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still find it odd just how much the reputation of COD has fallen.

Activision are cunts, everyone knows this, but the quality of the games has never suffered. It was only a few years back that COD 4 : Modern Warfare came out and was widely regarded as one of the best games this generation.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• LionheartDJH 9 May 2011 15:39:21 19,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Not interested.... was gonna follow with "it will still sell millions" - but after reading the comments on the article linked by the OP... Could CoD be losing it's appeal? Are people finally tired of the same shit over and over again?

/it will still sell millions.

Maybe more hardcore gamers are, the type to post comments on sites like this, but the chavs and little children will still flock to buy it in their droves.

I loved COD4, played it loads online and was really the game that got me interested in online multiplayer. That was when it first came out mind, when you could get a decent chat going during the match and not every lobby was full of kids or cunts. After I came to uni I stopped playing all games online and although I tried to get back into it with MW2 it just didn't feel the same and I didn't like it as much. I enjoyed the SP, but my brief foray into the MP wasn't anywhere near as fun as the times I had on COD4. Didn't bother with WAW or Blops, wasn't overly keen on COD3 so haven't been that interested in the Treyarch ones. Might pick this up when it's cheap for the SP, but can't say I'm massively interested.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Zerobob 9 May 2011 15:45:23 1,605 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, hopefully MW3 has more memorable levels than Blops, including some sniper levels.
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 15:48:07 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I finished BlOps and had some good times - but I honestly couldn't tell you a thing about it. The levels from the last 4 games are a blur.

Although, thinking about it, I do remember the boat and chopper levels. Those were the easily the best parts, imo!
  • beastmaster 9 May 2011 15:55:17 11,205 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've bought them all since COD 4 and it's the game that got me playing online for the first time.

Just downloaded the new pack. Not been anywhere near it for a long time. I got bored again pretty quickly but I was only playing the 4 new maps in boring TDM. However, I know it can sink it's claws into me again once I can play Demolition.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• PatrickEwing 9 May 2011 16:18:49 2,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Were there any sneaky levels in blop? The only bits of MW2 that I enjoyed were sneaking around the guards with a silenced rifle.
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 16:22:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, there were a couple of sneaky bits - from what I remember.
  • Zerobob 9 May 2011 17:24:49 1,605 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A whole game playing as a sniper team using the COD engine would be fantastic.

I like the levels where you and another soldier work together taking people out, now and again the other soldier giving you instructions. It works well.
  • cianchristopher 9 May 2011 17:28:33 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People slag off the engine all the time, but in my opinion it's the best FPS engine on the current gen of consoles. Sure, it doesn't attempt half the stuff that BF: BC2 does, but I never felt that that game did a particularly great job of it anyway.

The 60fps framerate is so important to this series, and every other console shooter feels (almost) unbearably clunky when played after.
  • cianchristopher 9 May 2011 17:31:53 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, while the videos for Battlefield 3 look unbelieveably amazing - I've no doubt that the 360/PS3 would struggle to run it at anything like a consistent 30fps.

I'm sick of the low framerate in so many other games, I don't think the whole 60fps-thing is getting as much credit as it deserves for this series, tbh...
  • King_Edward 9 May 2011 17:36:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    I'm sick of the low framerate in so many other games, I don't think the whole 60fps-thing is getting as much credit as it deserves for this series, tbh...
    Probably because the last 3 games haven't got near 60fps, especially on PS3.

Will this have zombies?
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 17:43:28 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it's 60fps at the expensive of resolution and overall graphics. Not saying it's a bad-looking game, but it isn't exactly pushing the boundaries of what consoles are capable of.
  • the_dudefather 9 May 2011 17:46:37 9,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hope it will have plenty of Spec Ops

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• King_Edward 9 May 2011 17:49:52 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Hope it will have plenty of Spec Ops
    Zombies >>> Spec Ops

I'd love a whole CoD game set in Der Riese. :)
  • ronuds 9 May 2011 17:57:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A proper co-op would be nice...
  • munki83 9 May 2011 18:07:56 1,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just tried some modern warfare 1 mp....was the game always that broken had snipers zooming faster than I could shoot at then and all other sorts of crazy sniper stuff
  • RedSparrows 9 May 2011 18:33:44 22,104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sure this will be controversial and yet somehow as bland as soft cheese, and sell millions and make many people very happy.
  • muttler 9 May 2011 18:49:55 3,948 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've always thought the graphics in CoD were quite good, nice enough textures / res, and you definitely notice and appreciate the higher framerate.

Blops campaign (and WaW) was really bad though, as in really bad. I actually really enjoyed MW1 & 2 campaigns.

It'll be really embarrassing for Treyarch if MW3 turns out to be awesome. They've had how many trys and they still can't get it right. I know Raven are great, cant remember Sledgehammer though- what have they done again?
  • Deleted user 9 May 2011 18:55:34
    I dont get why people still play military shooters, all of them are the same.
  • RedSparrows 9 May 2011 19:01:49 22,104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^ *shock I agree with Hindle post*
  • Page

of 65 First / Last

Previous