• Page

of 53 First / Last

• Humperfunk 28 May 2013 21:52:53 1,947 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    redcrayon wrote:
    Devil Survivor Overclocked patch is up on the eshop now if anyone was waiting for it.
    YES. Is it a straightforward process?
    Yeah, it's with the game and demo in the eshop, really easy.
    This is superb news. Just finished Persona 4 Arena and eagerly awaiting SMT4 so this is perfect. Been on the shelf since release :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• riz23 28 May 2013 21:57:02 1,159 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    redcrayon wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    redcrayon wrote:
    Devil Survivor Overclocked patch is up on the eshop now if anyone was waiting for it.
    YES. Is it a straightforward process?
    Yeah, it's with the game and demo in the eshop, really easy.
    This is superb news. Just finished Persona 4 Arena and eagerly awaiting SMT4 so this is perfect. Been on the shelf since release :)
    Same here. Time to crack the cellophane!
  • redcrayon 28 May 2013 22:02:18 4,544 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine
    It's the maze in the world 7 castle that always gets me!

SMB is tougher than people think- it was made when an extra life was a rarity rather than them being handed out like candy. There's only so many coins, and no power-ups that make a mockery of the tough bits. I still play it every now and then, great game.

It's probably the only game that I've never directly bought but always seem to have at least one copy of it, with it coming with my NES, SNES All-Stars (bought for 'lost levels' back in the day), then years after I sold those two it arrived with Wii All-Stars 25th anniversary, and then as an ambassador game on 3DS.

It's like Ninty are determined I always have the bloody game no matter how many times I sell it!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 29 May 2013 12:29:05 6,654 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    hehe, I tried for a bit to trap the green shell on the staircase to get some lives but couldn't do it in the end.
  • Murbal 29 May 2013 13:52:38 21,925 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Regarding the Overclocked patch, it flashed up as soon as I launched the eshop - didn't even have to hunt it down. Possibly because I had the cart inserted?
  • gooner77 29 May 2013 17:19:03 733 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    gooner77 wrote:
    has anyone on here actually got a free 3ds game from the special offer that's currently ongoing.
    I've got luigis mansion 2 and donkey kong so far, contemplating what my 3rd and 4th games will be.
    Make Fire Emblem your third game and get Animal Crossing as your free digital download. Of all the games in the offer, AC is the best suited to having a permanent presence on your memory card.

Only got my 3DS a little under a month ago and according to the activity log I've clocked up 35 hours of gaming use. Other than for the exceptional Metro Last Light my consoles haven't had a look in.
    thanks but I'll be getting Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter 3, never seen the appeal of Animal Crossing games
  • Raiko101 29 May 2013 18:14:08 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Murbal That might be the case, but I think the 3DS remembers what games you've played and so does this with every game you own.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Murbal 29 May 2013 18:46:23 21,925 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not played it yet :-)
  • santashi 29 May 2013 22:03:01 5,050 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That Escape game isn't out yet, is it? I never seem to be in tune with eshop (or 'wahoo' as autocorrect wants to call it) releases. Looked like it might serve as a small Zero Escape withdrawal cure.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Raiko101 30 May 2013 14:53:41 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I gave that Project X Zone demo a go today. I had no idea what was going on, but I quite enjoyed it! I don't quite get how the battle system works. I just hit every combination possible, including the shoulder button attacks and everything died.

I might have to pick it up when it comes out, but I do hope the game eases you into the mechanics.

• Murbal 30 May 2013 14:56:16 21,925 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm going to pass on Project X Zone. Not really given the demo a chance but I'm concerned I'll get into it and feel obliged to buy it ;-)
  • DFawkes 30 May 2013 15:10:09 22,605 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was sold on Project X Zone as soon as it switched to Ryu and Ken's turn and played music from Street Fighter :) Retro music always gets an instant thumbs up from me, though the fact the game seems pretty good helps too. Much like you Raiko, I wasn't entirely sure how the battle system works.

I eventually realised you got a set number of moves, and that moving beside someone then attack means they can assist, but I have a feeling there's a heck of a lot of depth to it that isn't apparent in the demo because it's just one battle.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• thegofp 30 May 2013 17:09:52 169 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Project X Zone's demo is terrible at explaining things, and the 'fighting' game bits are more or less just really flashy menu options (each attack has different properties). It's pretty much a really crazy turn-based strategy game. It's being released at a discount price I think, so day one purchase here.

Devil Survivor patch, finally. Wanted to buy it.
  • YenRug 30 May 2013 17:24:00 2,020 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As mentioned already, it's 20.99 pre-order on Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/212201.htm
  • Raiko101 3 Jun 2013 11:47:36 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tetris hits the eShop this thursday. Apparently it could well be the retail version of the game from last year, for 9. Quite tempting, although I do already have the Gameboy version.

• kingcrowbar 3 Jun 2013 13:09:16 911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been holding off buying Tetris as it was bound to come to the Eshop eventually. Perfect type of game to have installed rather than cartridge and 9 is a fair price.
  • Murbal 3 Jun 2013 13:42:12 21,925 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How anyone can play Tetris more than once in a 1 or 2 year period and not find it boring is beyond me.

But that's just me, I'm sure.

Carry on.
  • DFawkes 3 Jun 2013 13:50:38 22,605 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tetris 3DS really does try to give you a bucketload of Tetris for your money. I bought it for 20 and felt that was reasonable enough. Quite a few game modes that really feel different. One where you build a jigsaw from the ground up is especially fun/frustrating!

That said, I end up playing the Game Boy version as I love that music :)

• Raiko101 7 Jun 2013 22:44:50 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anyone here still play the 3D classics? I can't believe i'm still playing Xevious and Twinbee. They're really addictive and great for a 5-10 minute blast. Would love to see more of them.

I'm hoping Sega's 3D classics aren't too far away. Super Hang On 3D and Space Harrier should be amazing.

• yegon 8 Jun 2013 01:33:19 5,169 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That said, I end up playing the Game Boy version as I love that music :)
    Agreed, although my favourite version is actually Tetris DX - faster piece movement, ultra mode, saves high scores - the only downer being the music is garbage.
  • Willhelm331 8 Jun 2013 23:36:13 384 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Murbal :Try playing competitive Tetris on fb vs'ing other players. It gives me so much adrenaline >.<

Friend code 5129-1030-4925

• binky Moderator 9 Jun 2013 00:19:51 9,448 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So as a 33 year old who grew up on game boy Tetris, which version is the one to get on e-shop? Des the colourful new version add anything worthwhile to the formula?
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Jun 2013 00:54:53 2,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not as good as the sublime DS version, but it's still great.
  • DFawkes 9 Jun 2013 01:12:55 22,605 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One thing I would say is the online mode on Teris 3DS is terrible with items. There's a power up to switch your game board with an opponents, so the second you get that, fill your own board, use power-up, win. That's all everyone ever seems to do, ever. Literally every game. The other power ups are pointless as they just get in the way of the old full screen switcheroo. I'm fairly sure you can play it without them though.

But the single player has lots of modes. Standard Tetris, Bombtris, a 3D one where they make up grids of blocks slowly advancing at you, Jigsaw Tetris, tower climbing, one where you have to make a fixed shape and a race mode. Plus variations on all those. So plenty of block fun for your money :)

• JinTypeNoir 9 Jun 2013 04:46:58 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Does anyone here still play the 3D classics? I can't believe i'm still playing Xevious and Twinbee. They're really addictive and great for a 5-10 minute blast. Would love to see more of them.

I'm hoping Sega's 3D classics aren't too far away. Super Hang On 3D and Space Harrier should be amazing.
    I play Kirby's Adventure, Xevious and Excitebike from time to time. Believe it or not, Urban Champion used to be a fixture. It's just so hypnotic, almost meditative. Kid Icarus and Twinbee are more like once in a while whenever I feel like playing through them again.

Super Hang On 3D, is, I think the best of the Sega 3D Classics so far, but if you haven't played Altered Beast in a really long time or have never played it, I really recommend it too. I had actually never played the Sega Genesis version. It was always the arcade version I was familiar with, so maybe part of it is the fresh take on a game I remember well from playing in the arcades. So I went to the arcade where I had last played it, and lo and behold, it was still there (I think I first played Altered Beast sometime in 1998) and chucked in some yen and got to it.

What I noticed is that, despite all the differences between the Genesis version and the arcade version, the 3D Classics version almost feels like an HD, Blu-Ray Special Edition of the game. There's something about it that's so smooth and buttery delicious that makes it a smile generator when your tapping the buttons.

So yes, Space Harrier is essential, because the port is abso-fucking-lutely incredible and 3D Space Harrier is the kind of dream anyone can get behind, and Sonic has proven to be truly timeless (but benefits the least from the 3D treatment), but I would say my two favorite Sega 3D Classics are Super Hang On and Altered Beast, because they really do breathe a new vitality into the originals to the point where I felt exactly the same feel as I did back in the days when this type of experience was new and exciting each time I picked up a controller. That's just an amazing accomplishment, I think.
  • Raiko101 9 Jun 2013 05:44:22 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers for that, JTN. I'm more than likely to pick them all up, as I did with the Nintendo ones. I've never given Altered Beast a fair chance. Probably because when it was first released I was perhaps too young to appreciate it.

• redcrayon 12 Jun 2013 10:38:28 4,544 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Megaman 6 is out in Europe! Been looking forward to this.
  • kingcrowbar 13 Jun 2013 13:36:23 911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone is thinking of buying Animal Crossing from the eShop, game.co.uk have it as a download code for 29.99 but as of yet the eShop doesn't accept the code, it should do after midnight.

Edited by kingcrowbar at 13:36:46 13-06-2013
  • Wolves1877 13 Jun 2013 19:27:25 385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Which is the better pinball game on the e-shop? z-pinball or marvel pinball?

• Raiko101 13 Jun 2013 19:36:06 6,078 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zen Pinball was great fun, but the ball physics are a little off, in retrispect. If you've got a Wii U, Zen Pinball 2 is the version to get.

I can't comment on Marvel Pinball, unfortunately.

• Page

of 53 First / Last