With PSN down, what's everyone playing on PS3? Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Ged42 28 Apr 2011 15:01:53 7,700 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bladestorm

Charging across medieval battlefields on an elephant never gets old.

• Innes 28 Apr 2011 15:04:44 117 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am playing Stranglehold, which is easily the best game of this generation
  • BeebleB 28 Apr 2011 15:08:18 873 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Top spin 4, FFXIII and Sly 2
  • Fletche 28 Apr 2011 15:09:44 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mass Effect 2, quite enjoying it although can why others may find it tedious. I think the story is upping the enjoyment level for me.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2011 15:10:34
    Demon Souls and Valkryia Chronicles, 2 of the best games of this gen.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 28 Apr 2011 15:46:02 405 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Offline Marvel vs Capcom 3. The online was rubbish anyway so makes no difference to me. Also Portal 2 and ME2, still haven't finished either. I also think ME2 was a little overrated, I found Red Dead much more compelling last year, and better game mechanics also. Still good though, the characters are all pretty interesting. Mortal Kombat too, loving Tag Team with the gf and seeing her gleefully
    pulling off fatalities. Scary
  • king26 28 Apr 2011 15:48:50 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ME2 was overrated imo. The 2010 GOTY for me was either RDR or GOW3, still enjoying both to this day
  • Deleted user 28 April 2011 17:20:31
    Add me to the chorus of PS3 owners who don't get why everyone loves Mass Effect 2. Didn't help I'd been playing the mighty Vanquish around the sametime.

If the original was an average shooter due it being a first effort from Bioware to combine it with rpg elements I could understand people overlooking flaws but as a sequel aiming to be a straight shooter it was near unplayable for me.

Shame as PS3 could do with a nerdy sci fi saga of its own. SCEE Liverpool could score a huge hit if they reboot Colony Wars with its classic space combat matched with on foot sections using the Uncharted engine. *drools*

Hindle wrote:
    Demon Souls and Valkryia Chronicles, 2 of the best games of this gen.

Same here, its a good chance to revisit the exclusive highlights for the system. Been playing VC1, gameplay is heaps of fun and the game engine is still more capable and the sketchy visual style more charming than the piles of dudebro shovelware put together. But its a pity the whole thing is wasted on imitating todays anime junk and the terrible writing that goes with them.

"I want to be a bridge the links us -" *skips*

Would be great if Creative Assembly could get ahold of the game engine and see what it could do to expand on the gameplay.
  • Mattattattatt 28 Apr 2011 17:24:03 580 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started GTA4 again to pick up some trophies... I didn't have an HD telly when I started it last time, so enjoying some details to the world I missed before. It's looking a little smeary and dated three years on though, I was surprised to find. It looked so amazing when I was new to HD gaming in 2008 :D
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 Apr 2011 17:26:27 2,064 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mortal Kombat
  • berryl227 28 Apr 2011 17:36:49 109 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dont get me wrong I'm not enjoying the outage but it has allowed me to catch up a few single player games. God of war 3 is a must play looks absolutely stunning. Bit of a button masher and the fighting isn't as skillfull or as satisfying as demon souls but good Sunday matinee fun. Finished killzone 3 quite enjoyed it not sure what all the hate was about really.

And treated myself to the tomb raider hd trillogy! Have to say they have aged fairly well.
  • HyperTails 28 Apr 2011 19:02:01 63 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mass Effect 2. Can see why 360 owners regard it so highly.
  • RunningMan 28 Apr 2011 19:05:54 2,386 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HyperTails wrote:
    Mass Effect 2. Can see why 360 owners regard it so highly.

+1 awesome game.
  • dsmx 28 Apr 2011 19:40:06 7,555 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is a good game, I still think they took the streamlining way to far and the levels all felt a bit samey to me, every time you saw a crate you new there was a battle coming even on the alien ship bits there's always some conveniently place waist high walls for some unknown reason.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• VandelayIndustries 28 Apr 2011 19:45:04 1,521 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, just finished Portal 2 and really fancy playing through it again.
  • Nemesis 28 Apr 2011 19:58:50 18,594 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished Uncharted 2; not bothering with mopping up on trophies.

Next, I might go out and get RDR when my new card turns up. Yay. Sort of. Might nip into GTAIV once I've finished watching Spartacus. boobies
  • redcrayon 28 Apr 2011 20:00:05 4,544 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mass Effect 2 for me as well- the 'Shadow Broker' set of missions was a particular highlight.

Know what you mean about the waist-high cover. Would have been more interesting to have a bit of variation, (maybe trenches/alien forests/sanddunes) or at least an option to crouch/lie down in open ground.

Also, one bunker/industrial complex/spaceship starts to look like another after you've seen 50-odd. Would have been good to show the difference between Taurian/Human/insert other alien construction design as well- Friendly alien spaceships looked and functioned exactly the same as human ones, even down to the door design, which seemed a bit odd.

Shame there was only 4 main story missions as well- it seemed to end just as it was getting going. Hope the next one isn't 95% recruitment as well. Still one of the better RPGs this gen- the hubs felt like functioning towns even if they were a bit small, and I couldn't put it down.

Not sure what to play next- might try Hard Corps: Uprising.
  • pistol 28 Apr 2011 20:40:05 13,019 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haven't played anything in months until tonight and just started Batman Arkham Asylum.

Bloody good innit?
  • kosigan 28 Apr 2011 20:40:06 458 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit for me. Managed to complete the career mode, too, surprisingly. Having a go at the Super Sports Pack DLC now (which still works, so I wonder what sort of auth it's using).
  • Deleted user 28 April 2011 20:57:21
    im currently playing nothing...i cant live with out cod online! seriously though i have nt been gaming what with all this good weather the uk is having, ive even delayed buying portal 2 until the rain comes back.
  • Gaol 28 Apr 2011 21:10:59 2,263 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I played and completed Portal 2. I can't be bothered playing anything else atm as it will feel shit by comparison. Might go back and get some of the trophies I missed.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2011 21:24:32
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ...360 online
    me too! :)
  • customfirmware 28 Apr 2011 21:40:27 770 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    since the psn has been down, i've found the joy of playing with my girlfriend.
  • coomber 28 Apr 2011 22:47:49 323 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fallout 3, same as I was before. A bit of Forza 3 on the Xbox too.

I only play games that begin with F and end with 3.
  • JBlokeUK 28 Apr 2011 22:55:15 2,309 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Ocean The Last Hope and Costume Quest.

I like it when he's angry.

• oldschoolsoviet 28 Apr 2011 23:32:45 5,457 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished HL2 and the episodes, after what, 2 years since I started them, followed by Brothers in Arms:HH, which I'd totally forgotten about and how satisfying it is when things work perfectly.

But mostly Fable 3 and some Forza paintjobs. ;)
  • Darren 29 Apr 2011 00:40:08 8,698 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been playing the Sly Trilogy and Mortal Kombat. I haven't been affected by the PSN downtime apart from not being able to check the Store (that was when I first noticed it was down, in fact!) but then I don't play games online anyway.

Despite PSN being down I was still able to download and install a patch for Mortal Kombat last Friday some two days after it was apparently turned off, presumably because they aren't accessed through Sony's service? Also BBC iPlayer was working as I watched Doctor Who on it over the last weekend. I didn't suspect any problems with PSN because those were working!

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• SomaticSense 29 Apr 2011 00:52:37 7,959 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lawrens wrote:Edit: I think it was mainly GOTY due to not many games out in the rpg genre last year,

Two things: There were shit loads. And since were GOTYs only RPGs anyway?
  • Deleted user 29 April 2011 02:00:50
    Finished off Dead Space 2. Dunno, didn't seem as good as the first, maybe because everything had become a bit predictable. Might finish off LBP 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse, though the latter is making me throw the controller.
  • Progguitarist 29 Apr 2011 02:01:47 10,400 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mortal Kombat. Mighty good fun it is too :)
  • Page

of 6 First / Last