South Park season 17 Page 7

• Page

of 11 First / Last

• Iain815 19 Apr 2012 23:30:30 412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The constant dramatic over-the-top music is really fucking annoying me, to he point I just can't stand watching anymore.
  • Psychotext 20 Apr 2012 00:48:02 54,301 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought that one was shit. Really didn't rate it.
  • lucky_jim 20 Apr 2012 06:36:33 5,308 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I didn't think it was shit, just a bit meh. It was quite a good pastiche of those US disaster "documentaries', but this season is now in serious need of a classic episode or two.
  • MrDigital 21 Apr 2012 19:16:55 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why can't they just do "normal" episodes? Every episode seems to be parodying some aspect of pop culture, or focussing on what's been in the news. I kind of miss when they just had a story involving the characters and purely about the character's lives in South Park.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• El_MUERkO 21 Apr 2012 19:54:40 17,050 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    I didn't think it was shit, just a bit meh. It was quite a good pastiche of those US disaster "documentaries', but this season is now in serious need of a classic episode or two.
    Needs more Randy!
  • dsmx 22 Apr 2012 15:09:49 7,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The liked that episode last week simply because the end was so badly done which is what those re-enactments are always like so I found it quite funny. Reminds me of cartmans mum is a dirty slut when they they did americas most wanted with the really bad re-enactment of the shooting.

But I would also point out that the episode while it was a bit of a parody it still had a proper story that lasted the whole episode and while it did parody something in popular culture it was actually well integrated into the episodes story so I don't really see what the problem with it is.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• lavalant 23 Apr 2012 23:10:12 1,328 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    Why can't they just do "normal" episodes? Every episode seems to be parodying some aspect of pop culture, or focussing on what's been in the news. I kind of miss when they just had a story involving the characters and purely about the character's lives in South Park.
    I miss the old episodes with chef and jesus, they did parodies but the whole episode rarely evolved around them, they were small parts in a larger quality episode.

I remember when south park was everywhere, at it's peak in late 90's early 2000, I mean it's pretty much dead now, they might fluke out a decent episode now and again but it's simply just an internet show, they boast about how they can create an episode in less than a week, and it really really shows.
  • Syrette 23 Apr 2012 23:28:43 43,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Absolute nonsense. It's not "dead" at all. It still gets consistent ratings and no-one appears to be writing it off completely except, well, you.

Is it past its peak? Probably, but it has been going for 15 years.

Season 15 had 2-3 genuine classics (and my all time favourite SP episode - Broadway Bro Down), and in general was a very consistently good season. An opinion I appear to share with many others.

16 has been pretty mediocre. At best, mixed. In my opinion the first three episodes were actually all pretty decent but the last 3 much less so. Jewpacabra was appalling.

Anyway, this is what to expect from the next episode (and the last of this half season).

There is a new girl in school and everyone wants to know who she has a crush on. Cartman is especially excited. He has discovered something inside himself that he never knew he had. Now, to make sure nobody gets in the way of true love, it is time for Cartman to finally let someone know exactly how he feels
    Sounds like one to satisfy those of you who yearn for the simpler, less parodying episodes. Which to be honest is pretty unfair on your part because SPS have covered the vast majority of the possible plotlines that can centre around the school etc. Over time you're going to need to look elsewhere to keep the show fresh, hence the increase in parodies etc.

• Iain815 24 Apr 2012 00:37:13 412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree with lavalant and Geesh. I understand there can be parody episodes (and some are gold but a lot are rubbish) but would it kill them to come up with just a few normal episodes a season?

Did you ever watch that documentary on how they make the show? Basically they all sat about the office casually chatting with each other, then someone comes up with a few shit puns/jokes they right it on the whiteboard and then try to connect some plot between/to include them.
  • Ziz0u 24 Apr 2012 10:59:12 8,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    glol
  • MrDigital 24 Apr 2012 11:48:54 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    WHAT IS NORMAL YOU FUCK?
    YA BAWBAG.

Thought I needed that to start my reply.

At least when I say normal, I mean that the episode is not completely a parody. South Park has always satirised pop culture and to a lesser but still large extent, it's satirised current events, but it hasn't always made the episode about it. In recent seasons they seem to have done so, think about Human Centipad, this documentary episode, High School musical, etc etc. The whole episode is focused on the parody, and the plot works around it.

Edited by Geesh at 11:49:26 24-04-2012

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Iain815 26 Apr 2012 20:35:06 412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey, would you look at that, we actually got an normal episode!

Loved the Game Of Thrones reference too.
  • Razz 26 Apr 2012 20:44:16 61,279 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, really good episode this week. Loved it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Syrette 26 Apr 2012 21:23:08 43,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    Hey, would you look at that, we actually got an normal episode!
    Yeah, crazy that, it's not like I told you days ago to expect such a thing by posting the episode preview.

• Ka-blamo 26 Apr 2012 21:35:30 7,368 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    'Cupid me' :D
  • Baleoce 2 May 2012 10:50:35 1,185 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rofl I loved this ep. Cartman appearing passively nice, but actually just being a racist fuck xD And Cupid me XD ~"Teeheehee fuck yuuu".

Brb Batmobiles outside.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• orpheus 2 May 2012 20:44:02 1,003 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Rofl I loved this ep. Cartman appearing passively nice, but actually just being a racist fuck xD And Cupid me XD ~"Teeheehee fuck yuuu".

Brb Batmobiles outside.
    Yeah this was a brilliant one, the end had me crying with laughter! Best of the series by a mile.
  • localnotail 19 May 2012 19:36:13 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just watched the Cash 4 Gold episode. Really hoping people do start ringing up the Jewellery Channel people and wasting their freephone budget by telling them to top themselves.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Syrette 24 Sep 2012 23:17:32 43,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Back this week. Good news - it's a Randy episode!

Sarcastaball

As a concerned parent, Randy radically changes the way football is played at South Park Elementary. The new version of the game quickly becomes the nationís most popular sport. One gifted student emerges as a star athlete in sarcastaball.
    edit; clip here - http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/qxw4ej/help-me-sharon

Edited by Syrette at 23:18:15 24-09-2012

• BillMurray 27 Sep 2012 20:56:35 7,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When does the episode air?
  • BeebleB 27 Sep 2012 21:33:04 931 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure but it's up on the interwebz

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot