Borderlands 2 Page 153

• Page

of 153 First / Last

Next
  • Mayhem64 22 Jan 2014 13:14:02 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, still have this. You still on playthrough one then Wayne? I should be able to hover in and smack Terra briefly (all my chars are level 61, never bought the second upgrade) for the win. And loot. See my profile, send me a friend request.

The Bee/CC uber combo got patched out ages ago btw...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• greg_wha 26 Jan 2014 15:52:08 163 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just got around to playing this today after downloading form PS+ and it is absolutely brilliant. I'm tempted to buy the GOTY version, only 15 quid on Amazon.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2014 17:31:46 10,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @greg_wha - glad you're enjoying it. The DLC is also excellent, so you won't be disappointed with the GOTY version either.
  • greg_wha 26 Jan 2014 19:43:13 163 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Cheers! I had no idea the game was designed for 4 player online until I left it paused to make a brew and roll a cig; suddenly I heard a load of gun fire coming from the Playstation! A couple of guys had jumped into my game. Great moment!

I don't think I could even download all the DLC to my PS+ version for less than 15 so the GOTY makes sense. Very impressed so far.
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2014 08:33:35 10,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @greg_wha - I'm up for a bit of co-op sometime. Thursday evenings are usually best for me :)
  • hax1 27 Jan 2014 09:34:06 16 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I played it with 3 others and as much as we liked the initial play through, it did get pretty stale and I dislike the idea of having to re-play the game on a harder difficulty with no other changes.
  • jambii267 27 Jan 2014 09:39:20 1,306 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The game comes to life on harder difficulties, especially UHVM.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• greg_wha 27 Jan 2014 10:43:07 163 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Sound! My PSN ID is greg_wha.

Does anyone know is the GOTY edition comes with DLC codes or is it included on the disc proper? If it's on the disc would my vanilla PS+ version save be useable on the GOTY version?

Reckon I'm gonna play through this vanilla, then get the original Borderlands GOTY, and go back to Borderlands 2 with all the DLC after that.

It's been a minute that I'm looking forward to knocking off work to play a game!
  • Mayhem64 27 Jan 2014 22:08:57 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The early GOTY copies had codes for the DLC, now it's on a separate disc I believe.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• JoeBlade 5 Mar 2014 00:13:30 2,413 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damned, what is it with this game and shite guns past some point?

I've tried every class now and put it down for weeks in frustration after a few hours because any gun I found either hardly hit anything, didn't do sufficient damage, fired super fast yet had tiny clips or seemed unwieldy in some other way.

Am I that unlucky?
  • Mola_Ram 5 Mar 2014 00:17:41 6,230 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You played for a few hours? Where did you get up to?
  • Nanocrystal 5 Mar 2014 03:12:26 959 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started playing this recently, currently at lvl 16 as a mechromancer. Got me a decent sniper rifle that sets foes alight, an SMG that I can fling as a grenade when I reload, and a shotgun that does decent damage but takes FOREVER to reload.
  • SomaticSense 5 Mar 2014 13:49:34 7,047 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Damned, what is it with this game and shite guns past some point?

I've tried every class now and put it down for weeks in frustration after a few hours because any gun I found either hardly hit anything, didn't do sufficient damage, fired super fast yet had tiny clips or seemed unwieldy in some other way.

Am I that unlucky?
    I had a few phases like that, usually in NG+ though.

Personally, for BL3 I really hope they sort the fun/challenge balance out for the NG+ modes. They were balanced far too much for the otherwise gamebreakung OP loot like the DP Harold or Bee. UVHM in particular was fucking horrible to play if you didn't have the exact specific combo of legendaries that Gearbox balanced the mode for. It ruined the end-game for. All me and my co-op partner wanted to do was continue with our characters right up to the level cap, without this 'l33t loot and insane skills needed in order to not die in literally one machinegun shot' bullshit.

Maybe Diablo 3-style adjustable difficulty modes would be a start I wonder?

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:50:42 05-03-2014
  • Page

of 153 First / Last

Next