Borderlands 2 Page 153

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• Mayhem64 22 Jan 2014 13:14:02 682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, still have this. You still on playthrough one then Wayne? I should be able to hover in and smack Terra briefly (all my chars are level 61, never bought the second upgrade) for the win. And loot. See my profile, send me a friend request.

The Bee/CC uber combo got patched out ages ago btw...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• greg_wha 26 Jan 2014 15:52:08 192 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just got around to playing this today after downloading form PS+ and it is absolutely brilliant. I'm tempted to buy the GOTY version, only 15 quid on Amazon.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Jan 2014 17:31:46 11,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @greg_wha - glad you're enjoying it. The DLC is also excellent, so you won't be disappointed with the GOTY version either.
  • greg_wha 26 Jan 2014 19:43:13 192 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Cheers! I had no idea the game was designed for 4 player online until I left it paused to make a brew and roll a cig; suddenly I heard a load of gun fire coming from the Playstation! A couple of guys had jumped into my game. Great moment!

I don't think I could even download all the DLC to my PS+ version for less than 15 so the GOTY makes sense. Very impressed so far.
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2014 08:33:35 11,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @greg_wha - I'm up for a bit of co-op sometime. Thursday evenings are usually best for me :)
  • hax1 27 Jan 2014 09:34:06 16 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I played it with 3 others and as much as we liked the initial play through, it did get pretty stale and I dislike the idea of having to re-play the game on a harder difficulty with no other changes.
  • jambii267 27 Jan 2014 09:39:20 1,366 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The game comes to life on harder difficulties, especially UHVM.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• greg_wha 27 Jan 2014 10:43:07 192 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Sound! My PSN ID is greg_wha.

Does anyone know is the GOTY edition comes with DLC codes or is it included on the disc proper? If it's on the disc would my vanilla PS+ version save be useable on the GOTY version?

Reckon I'm gonna play through this vanilla, then get the original Borderlands GOTY, and go back to Borderlands 2 with all the DLC after that.

It's been a minute that I'm looking forward to knocking off work to play a game!
  • Mayhem64 27 Jan 2014 22:08:57 682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The early GOTY copies had codes for the DLC, now it's on a separate disc I believe.

• JoeBlade 5 Mar 2014 00:13:30 2,584 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damned, what is it with this game and shite guns past some point?

I've tried every class now and put it down for weeks in frustration after a few hours because any gun I found either hardly hit anything, didn't do sufficient damage, fired super fast yet had tiny clips or seemed unwieldy in some other way.

Am I that unlucky?
  • Mola_Ram 5 Mar 2014 00:17:41 7,682 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You played for a few hours? Where did you get up to?
  • Nanocrystal 5 Mar 2014 03:12:26 1,070 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started playing this recently, currently at lvl 16 as a mechromancer. Got me a decent sniper rifle that sets foes alight, an SMG that I can fling as a grenade when I reload, and a shotgun that does decent damage but takes FOREVER to reload.
  • SomaticSense 5 Mar 2014 13:49:34 8,698 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Damned, what is it with this game and shite guns past some point?

I've tried every class now and put it down for weeks in frustration after a few hours because any gun I found either hardly hit anything, didn't do sufficient damage, fired super fast yet had tiny clips or seemed unwieldy in some other way.

Am I that unlucky?
    I had a few phases like that, usually in NG+ though.

Personally, for BL3 I really hope they sort the fun/challenge balance out for the NG+ modes. They were balanced far too much for the otherwise gamebreakung OP loot like the DP Harold or Bee. UVHM in particular was fucking horrible to play if you didn't have the exact specific combo of legendaries that Gearbox balanced the mode for. It ruined the end-game for. All me and my co-op partner wanted to do was continue with our characters right up to the level cap, without this 'l33t loot and insane skills needed in order to not die in literally one machinegun shot' bullshit.

Maybe Diablo 3-style adjustable difficulty modes would be a start I wonder?

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:50:42 05-03-2014
  • DUFFMAN5 21 May 2014 12:39:15 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My long search for a game to get me hooked has ended at last with this :)
    It took me a couple of years to get into the first game, so I should have known.

Anyone still play on the 360 ? I'm only lvl 9 Mecro, love her perk! I'm only joining games around this lvl at the mo, don't want to get ahead/too far ahead of my sp campaign.
    I also have lvl 12 Siren, but I'm using that for sp only.

Anywho if you do still play and fancy some coop.

I also have this coming on vita next week, or at least I did, not so sure now if I should bother.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 12:40:47 21-05-2014

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Duffking 21 May 2014 13:10:56 7,348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BL2 is a bit broken really as most guns become utterly useless within 1-2 levels once you start hitting higher levels as enemy health increases exponentially as you level up. Lengendaries used to be useful for aaaages in BL1, but not so much in BL2.

There's far less variety in guns as well, I get what they were trying to do with making each manufacturer feel different, but it ended up making all the guns from each manufacturer feel too similar. I'd use guns from any manufacturer in the first, but in the sequel you can pretty much just ignore most manufacturers entirely. Which is probably part of the problem you're having with nothing feeling particularly good. You very occasionally find something worth using and the rest of it is just crap.
  • Duffking 21 May 2014 13:10:56 7,348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DUFFMAN5 24 May 2014 12:42:08 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi chaps
    Is there a known glitch in the 360 version where you can sell an item but it remains in your backpack ?
    I have a granade that nets me $50000 at a time and as such I have maxed my money. The amount still goes down when I buy items, but I just "resell" the granade to max up...very strange

• Mayhem64 24 May 2014 16:37:33 682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't say I've ever seen that myself. How are you selling it, through one of the vending machines? Money isn't as important in B2 compared to B1 anyhow, as you tend to find more of the guns you want to use as opposed to buying them. Save the money for a surprise purple or orange that might in a vending machine.

• DUFFMAN5 24 May 2014 16:47:58 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi mate
    Yes re vending machines.
    I'm just tending to spend loads on fruit machines and tipping Moxxi ;)

• Mayhem64 25 May 2014 12:11:20 682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Strange... still, use it while you have it! You'll still need Eridium to expand all your slots. If you get stuck, just shout, I'm sure my level 61 characters can blat something ;)

• DUFFMAN5 14 Aug 2014 06:37:58 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good game last night Kinky, living up to your nom de plume with that outfit for Les Dawson/Ellie. Happy to help again in the future ;)

...We can post in the correct Borderlands 2 thread now!

• kinky_mong 14 Aug 2014 10:41:29 10,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers Duff for helping out on that annoying Campaign of Carnage boss. And there was clearly only one choice of armour for Les Dawson ;)

I'll probably be back on for more Borderlands on Friday and the weekend so will send an invite your way.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• DUFFMAN5 14 Aug 2014 14:58:27 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just happened upon Sir Hammerlock dlc...fuck it is hard, I'm lvl 50 with 2 randoms at 50/51 and one at 20 and we are getting are arses handed to us time and time again ;)
    Might leave for a while.

• Mayhem64 14 Aug 2014 17:38:30 682 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Hammerlock was a bit hard... you doing playthrough two here?

• DUFFMAN5 14 Aug 2014 17:49:28 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    Yeah, Hammerlock was a bit hard... you doing playthrough two here?
    Hi mate
    Yes and no, Playthrough 2 but I never did the HBH dlc first time around.

• Rusty_M 20 Aug 2014 22:32:38 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is anyone up for playing this with someone who's playing through for the first time?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Flying_Pig 21 Aug 2014 09:06:06 11,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Is anyone up for playing this with someone who's playing through for the first time?
    What are you playing on? PC, 360, PS3?
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Aug 2014 09:14:34 14,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    This
    I'm playing 360 at the mo. I have lvl 51 Necro and lvl 13 Siren.

I'm still after players to help me beat Terramorphous the Invincible

• kinky_mong 21 Aug 2014 09:39:03 10,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I'm still after players to help me beat Terramorphous the Invincible
    We shall take him on this weekend! I've just hit level 50 with my Gunzerker so want to start trying all the raid bosses.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Rusty_M 21 Aug 2014 12:55:44 4,763 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Yes. I really should have started with that.

PC

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Page

of 155 First / Last