Borderlands 2 Page 151

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• urban 21 Jul 2013 13:11:29 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now that I've got the season pass, who's up for bandying a team up and doing the PC version? I've got a char on second playthrough

Edited by urban at 13:12:32 21-07-2013
  • Duffking 21 Jul 2013 14:57:01 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously getting incredible drops on this character compared to my first one.

I'm level 37 and I must have had at least 7 or so legendaries. Had a Bitch drop at level 8, various shields including a Bee, got a pyrophobia during hammerlock's DLC and during Tiny Tina I've had another Bee and a Maggie. I think I got 1 Legendary all the way through to level 50 on my first character :|
  • jambii267 21 Jul 2013 20:59:42 1,366 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New Level cap.... ugh.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• TarickStonefire 21 Jul 2013 21:08:40 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, six quid on Steam. I have zero intention of playing with anyone else ever, and if I do it'll never likely be the same people more than once. Any point?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Ged42 21 Jul 2013 21:51:04 7,736 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its an fine game solo, i've soloed it (don't have the regular extended gaming hours for co-op) and really enjoyed it. You'll only miss out in a few optional mega bosses.

Finally finished Tiny Tina DLC. The Queen is so beautiful :D

Edited by Ged42 at 21:51:47 21-07-2013
  • urban 22 Jul 2013 15:57:20 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played the majority of my first char solo and it's brilliant, if anything you get more of a chance to absorb the hilarious script.

Very fun and funny game solo, really is excellent on co-op too tho
  • Vortex808 29 Jul 2013 14:05:33 7,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was playing a little more of the Tiny Tina DLC. I love (and hate) whoever designed those loot chest impersonating monsters.

I did the loot ninja quest and almost soiled myself at the end. I had encountered a few before that, but was not expecting that at the end due to the presence of the NPC lulling me into a false sense of security.

I swear that Borderland's loot midgets never caused me to jump that high!
  • TarickStonefire 29 Jul 2013 15:04:41 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I forgot about the sale and this thread and missed it. Wish I'd nabbed it at that price now, dammit. Just for solo. Ah well, it's on my watchlist now :)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 15:05:34 29-07-2013

• TarickStonefire 29 Jul 2013 15:06:17 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is it still a compare-a-thon every couple of minutes? I remember that was the only major criticism of it and it did put me off a bit...

• urban 29 Jul 2013 18:08:13 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I've completed it again haha, I piled like 16 hours hardcore story mission running in over the weekend and completed it with a Commando.

Got two oranges! One Big Badaboom from King Mong and a Slagga SMG from dropping into a completely random online session to ask the guy if he was going to do Jack, he wasn't but he'd just finished killing one of the NPC's that drops it!

killlerrrrr
  • themanfromdelmonte 29 Jul 2013 18:51:54 582 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TarickStonefire

Are you talking BL1? If you are then, because the gun damage increases exponentially by level in BL2, you'll find any comparisons much quicker and more obvious what's an upgrade. It does mean that your inventory has a greater rate of churn though.
  • Vortex808 30 Jul 2013 10:39:52 7,217 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished the main bit of Tiny Tina DLC last night. That was a lot of fun, but I am now sadly overlevelled for it. All the drops are around 45-46, but I am at 48.

I still have to do the Hammerlocks stuff yet too. I dread to think how low all the drops from the TVHM campaign would be now too. I only got up to the firehawk mission before starting all the DLC. The drop's would probably be in the mid 30's there.

I may have made a slight tactical blunder. Still, at least it'll be easy.

Also, having respecced a bit I love the nuke option on axton's turret. :)

Even if it is a bit like cheating against some enemies.
  • Metalfish 30 Jul 2013 10:44:47 8,819 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh god. They're raising the level cap to 72 in a future DLC.
  • TarickStonefire 30 Jul 2013 11:47:03 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @themanfromdelmonte In the Borderlands 2 thread I'm talking Borderlands 2 ;) I read a criticism of BL2 was that you have to stop and check your new loot every couple of minutes so people would develop 'systems' to mitigate this, such as "I'll only keep the most expensive".

I just wondered if there had been any updates that sort of alleviated this, or made it easier or anything, since the original release.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:00:05 30-07-2013

• TarickStonefire 30 Jul 2013 11:47:03 3,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted

• urban 30 Jul 2013 18:15:50 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TarickStonefire To be honest, I've never had the problem, I try out every gun I get! Some of the pistols and snipers are just too slow for my play style so no matter how powerful they are I bin them.

Could just me personally having a bit of a thing for OMG NEW LOOT

Not hard to compare stuff though, fire rate and damage, as you do with any RPG, always gotta think about the gear.
  • themanfromdelmonte 30 Jul 2013 18:48:33 582 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TarickStonefire

Well, obviously. It's not like there's been lots of posts in this thread comparing things like Drop Rates between the 1st and 2nd game.
  • elephantjuice 30 Jul 2013 21:24:31 676 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The quick compare (green arrows vs red arrows) obviously helps, especially when you get a feel for the various manufacturers (Jakobs are always semi-auto, Vladof are fast rate of fire, Bandit have big magazines, Torgue are always explosive, etc)

I find it's only really when I get blue rarity weapons and above with unique descriptive text (in red) that I have to try them out but that's one of the aspects of the game that I enjoy.
  • ubergine 31 Jul 2013 10:05:58 2,434 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just watched the trailer for Dragon Keep. It looks unreal, very nearly immediately bought it.

I haven't even finished the main game yet though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• PenguinJim 31 Jul 2013 10:11:14 5,877 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished this with a friend last week. It had been failing to improve for the last few hours, and the ending was a bit of a damp squib, and I'm surprised by how much of the game I've already forgotten.

But jumped into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode this week to try our new Dragon Keep DLC, and wow! UVHM is nice nice. Lots of fun getting playing for an hour or two to get to the fast-travel machine. Then onto Dragon Keep... excellent! Really good stuff.

ubergine, it was almost criminally cheap during the Steam sale (2?) - what's wrong with you?! :p
  • ubergine 31 Jul 2013 10:16:55 2,434 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Alas, I'm on Xbox 360. My laptop isn't up to it and I have hand injuries that make mouse use too difficult anyway.

I'll get back into the main game then probably buy the DLC at full price. Hopefully if Gearbox make enough money they won't have to defraud Aliens fans in future.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• PenguinJim 31 Jul 2013 10:45:40 5,877 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ohhh, sorry! Hopefully there will be a GOTY edition soon-ish. :p Actually, B2 and its DLC was discounted at the beginning of this month on 360, and as Major Nelson loves to repeat deals ad nauseum, they'll all probably be cheap again by the end of August!
  • elephantjuice 31 Jul 2013 11:10:42 676 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished my run-through THVM on main game + all DLC (the Tiny Tina one was easily my favourite) this morning. Looking forward to get cracking on UTHVM soon.
  • khaz 3 Aug 2013 18:27:22 2,790 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Seriously getting incredible drops on this character compared to my first one.

I'm level 37 and I must have had at least 7 or so legendaries. Had a Bitch drop at level 8, various shields including a Bee, got a pyrophobia during hammerlock's DLC and during Tiny Tina I've had another Bee and a Maggie. I think I got 1 Legendary all the way through to level 50 on my first character :|
    Dont let go of that bee. Ever.
  • khaz 3 Aug 2013 18:30:17 2,790 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    The quick compare (green arrows vs red arrows) obviously helps, especially when you get a feel for the various manufacturers (Jakobs are always semi-auto, Vladof are fast rate of fire, Bandit have big magazines, Torgue are always explosive, etc)

I find it's only really when I get blue rarity weapons and above with unique descriptive text (in red) that I have to try them out but that's one of the aspects of the game that I enjoy.
    I like to think of Jakobs as raw damage rather than semi auto. Nothing crits like a jakobs sniper to the head.
  • dsmx 3 Aug 2013 19:12:17 7,622 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Problem is in the ultimate vault hunter mode it all becomes about dps and snipers just don't cut it any more, well unless you find a full auto one but you eat through ammo to fast to use them for any length of time.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• neems 3 Aug 2013 22:41:16 1,253 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I never actually finished it first time round, but I bought the season pass and the Psycho pack in the steam sale. Rushed through the first part of the story to get to a high enough level to attempt Captain Scarlet and took it from there.

For the most part I find the dlc much more entertaining than the main game. I'm on Dragon Keep at the moment; went in at level 28, which was definitely a struggle, but found loads of quality level 29 / 30 / 31 weapons for later use.

I am now a level 32 Bad-Ass Pyscho Mutant with a legendary bee shield (low capacity, but 2000 amp damage per hit with no drain effect) and effectively no cool down on my primary skill. About the only way I can die now is through being careless.
  • themanfromdelmonte 4 Aug 2013 11:43:45 582 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Bee is probably not a great choice for Kreig, for the most part. It will make the end game fight much easier. But Krieg is better served by a Maylay shield. You're too late in PT1 for Krieg's best shields, Flames of the Firehawk and The Love Thumper. Hold off doing the side missions for these in PT2, until you've completed the main game and you'll be able to get them at level 50. I already have a lvl50 Firehawk with another character so I got one at lvl34 with my Kreig and it's still serving me at lvl43. The fire nova on the Firehawk continues until it starts to recharge, so if you put points into Feed the Meat and Embrace the Pain you'll have the nova going for upto an additional 7.5 seconds. Love Thumper gives roid damage bonus and an explosive nova whenever you connect with a Melee hit.
  • Mayhem64 4 Aug 2013 14:31:04 671 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually I'm playing the Bee on my level 38 Krieg, and it works just fine... shoot, shoot, shoot, then RTB for when I'm about to drop, smash everything in sight, and then return to shooting. Okay, that may be not quite how to play the character, but as I'm working down the left hand skill tree, I'll change how I play when I get some more of those skills in the bank.

In regards to Legendaries, I've had nine so far with Krieg alone, and I've only done the main game and half way through the fourth DLC (not played the first three yet with that character). Quite remarkable. It would have been ten if the Legendary class mod in the first machine in Tiny Tina's DLC was Psycho and not Soldier. My brother was playing as Axton co-op, so that pleased him quite a bit hah hah...

By comparison, I think I've had nine drop TOTAL across my Zer0 and Sal!

Edited by Mayhem64 at 14:33:04 04-08-2013

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• neems 4 Aug 2013 19:25:58 1,253 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @themanfromdelmonte -

Okay yeah, they do sound good :) My shield delay is pretty horrendous (although obviously not really an issue with Krieg). I'm just enjoying doing in excess of 2000 points a hit with an SMG at level 32.

None of it really seems to matter at the moment though, as any time I look like dying I trigger my Buzz Axe Rampage, which instantly regenerates my health, reduces incoming damage and instantly recharges as soon as it runs out.

I'll keep my eyes open for a good Maylay shield.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last