Borderlands 2 Page 139

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• ecureuil 5 Apr 2013 16:51:22 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    So for those of you who've played with all 5 characters - which is considered to be the best/most fun?

I've only played as Zero and Axton and definitely prefer the former. While Axton's action skill is always good value, he just feels a bit... dull.
    They're all about the same, it's down to personal preference. Every character is good in their own way. They're very well designed.
  • Metalfish 5 Apr 2013 16:52:00 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For singleplayer, I find Axton the most effective. Turrets spread the heat out better than anything else. For fun, probably gaige, but she's not a boss killer unless stacked up, as has been said here above.
  • Restart 6 Apr 2013 01:43:52 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rabid Stalkers, and stalkers in general can fuck the fuck off. Rabid Stalkers are like raid bosses on UVHM, sponging damage, moving around so fast they are impossible to hit, and hitting so hard they two shot you.

I just finished the mission to kill Shorty in The Fridge, followed by the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve solo, and there were multiple times where I could have thrown my controller out the fucking window. Fortunately I didn't, and was rewarded halfway through the reserve with these items: http://imgur.com/a/81Aeo

Never seen an E–Tech relic before, but I now own 3 of them, all from the same place, dropped one after the other by Legendary Loot Midgets. Sadly, the lvl 56 Legendary Hunter mod is actually worse than my lvl 50 one.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Apr 2013 02:03:09 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Restart the rabid stalkers are bloody annoying. Maya's phase lock is handy for that!
  • ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 02:25:11 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the rabid stalkers, it's nice to have the odd bastard of an enemy thrown in there. The rabid skags are pretty tough too. I'm relying on phaselock for everything mainly using Ruin + Wreck to put out the serious damage. Converge is also great, it makes your phaselock act like a singularity, so combined with Ruin you can group together several enemies and inflict status effects, including slag. Then I'm throwing a couple of longbow bonus package grenades in the group and bombing the lot of them with a torgue spinigun. It's quite colourful.
  • jambii267 6 Apr 2013 08:12:47 1,366 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never had a problem with Rabid Stalkers. Singularity Grenade followed by a Rocket Launcher, or just run the hell away.

Just got my Zerker to 61, I was still using most of my level 50 gear at the end and still outputting serious damage. Slag Rubi & DP Harold for the win.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Restart 6 Apr 2013 09:08:28 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My strategy throughout the Wildlife Preserve was to basically slag everything, drop a decoy, chuck a Bonus Package (got a lvl 55 one from a chest!), then leg it. Most of the time tackling Rabid Stalkers I was having to use my Nukem on them, as I just couldn't hit them reliably any other way.
  • Mayhem64 6 Apr 2013 09:46:49 667 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yet to start this up since the patch... I have slag CC, Homing Storm Front, Nukem, and Baby Maker, and Bee, at level 50... you think I'll be alright? :)

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Restart 6 Apr 2013 09:57:46 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll be alright for a while, but be prepared to die. A lot. You might as well bin the Baby Maker though, as I've found Tediore weapons utterly worthless.
  • Metalfish 6 Apr 2013 11:44:47 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, by the way, there's a mission called "Doctors orders." Take it, but don't actually do it. This will make getting the best gear in the game from the preserve very likely, and as long as you don't hand it in you save+quit and go back in as often as you like.

/Post contains conjecture.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Apr 2013 11:50:25 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For me the worst enemies in the game (played as Maya) are the threshers.

They seem far more overpowered than other enemy types. They pull you in and attack you, but the phaselock doesn't regenerate health from them like it does most other enemies.

The only way to beat them is to run away and try and attack them from afar before they reach you.
  • Metalfish 6 Apr 2013 11:54:57 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Restart
    There was a joke in the 80s that the new British army combat rifle would do more damage if you threw it at the enemy. Tediore literally follow this logic. Firing a single shot and throwing a large mag tediore is among the highest DPS in the game. You'll need a lot of ammo though. Still, they are the intentionally crap brand.
  • jambii267 6 Apr 2013 13:21:27 1,366 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some Tediore stuff is awesome, Blockhead, Baby Maker, The Avenger, Plasma Casters, Deliverance etc etc.

Most of it comes down to what parts the gun is made up of, like any other manufacturer in the game.

Seriously though the Blockhead is awesome.

• ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 13:35:34 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm usually a big fan of Tediore weapons (I abuse the reload a lot) but I've found them to be next to useless in UVHM.

I've started doing the Doctors Orders exploit, after about 10 runs I've had one legendary (Legendary Siren mod, which I already had...) and a whole load of e-tech relics. I went on Gamefaqs and people are getting one legendary every other run with pearls thrown in too. I just have the worst luck on this game.

edit: though I did find a Deliverance from the shop (Marcus), which I'd never used before. I love the idea of it but it doesn't do good enough damage to be worthwhile.

Edited by ecureuil at 13:37:04 06-04-2013
  • Mola_Ram 6 Apr 2013 13:52:15 7,386 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just played through for a couple of hours and got two legendaries - the Bunny rocket launcher and that Bandit corrosive pistol with the huge magazine.

And yes, the rabid stalkers are bastards. I try to get deathtrap to keep them occupied, but they don't always bite. At least it's fairly easy to hit them with high anarchy as they're constantly charging at you.

Also... did they make Bloodwing harder or something? I died like twice to her just now, which has never happened before. Although flying enemies are probably most difficult for me.
  • Restart 6 Apr 2013 14:08:17 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wasn't saying that Tediore weapons are useless in general, just that they are extremely useless in UVHM where the enemies don't take nearly as much damage from them, & constantly move around making them impossible to hit.

I'm finding that you need a completely different play style during UVHM, equipping yourself with a slag, fire, electric, & corrosive weapon in each slot. You then need to slag every enemy you come across, & use the appropriate weapon to actually do any kind of damage to them. Which I expect is how they intended the game to play out in the first place.
  • Restart 6 Apr 2013 14:10:24 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Bloodwing was horrible for me. She killed me like 3 times in a row before I finally took her down, as her diving attacks seemed to hit me now matter where I was in the arena, & it left me on next to no health each time. I finally managed to take her down by making sure there was always a skag around that I could take out when I would inevitably get downed.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Apr 2013 14:11:42 7,386 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, the problem with using deathtrap as a decoy is that he does not get the concept of leaving smaller enemies alive for second winds. :)
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Apr 2013 17:17:12 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    E-tech relics ?

Eridian relics shirley ? >_< Crazy font, but still.......

Had a wee blast of UVHM, but I'll await DLC No4. Here's hoping the Pirate Booty can still be farmed in the meantime.......
  • ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 17:52:06 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah you're right.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Apr 2013 17:54:37 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've yet to see an eridian weapon, I'm on level 48...
  • Metalfish 6 Apr 2013 19:26:16 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you try and open absolutely every container you'll probably encounter at least one loot midget per area. I just got a nasty surprise, level 48, oddly.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Apr 2013 19:29:42 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So when did you find your first eridian weapons?
  • Metalfish 6 Apr 2013 19:30:57 8,818 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You get one as a reward for doctor Zeds 2nd quest, so, erm, level 9ish?
  • ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 19:38:47 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You get an e-tech rifle during the quest and you need to kill 25 bandits with it. The reward is an e-tech dart gun.
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Apr 2013 19:38:48 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Metalfish how odd. Tons of elemental weapons but aside possibly from that one (I don't recall it but did the mission) I've not had a single one!
  • ResidentKnievel 6 Apr 2013 20:16:00 6,196 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been lucky with e-tech weapons, I carry around 5 pretty darn good ones with me.

I've only seen one legendary, though, and that was a level 4 grenade.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 20:29:18 76,802 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tediore plasma casters are my favourite weapon type in the game, haven't seen one for a while though..
  • jambii267 6 Apr 2013 22:34:25 1,366 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    E-Tech's are purple, I'm sure most people have had them and not been aware.

Vladof E-Tech Assault Rifles are the tits.

• Flying_Pig 6 Apr 2013 23:19:27 10,982 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Tediore plasma casters are my favourite weapon type in the game, haven't seen one for a while though..
    I got a Plasma Caster in PT1 (low 20’s I think). It was brilliant and lasted me a long time. Definitely a keeper :)
  • Page

of 154 First / Last