Borderlands 2 Page 132

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 14:25:47 8,746 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I keep getting my arse kicked during the infuriating difficulty spikes, I'l Level 15 and just saved at the end of the rescue Roland thing after battling through wave after wave of robot cunt things and seeing my dosh remain constantly at 9 grand with all the restarts, how the controller hasn't went though the telly I'll never know.

:-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• RobTheBuilder 20 Feb 2013 14:28:32 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear I didn't find too many difficulty spikes, but that mission was horrible. I did it by approaching from the side and firing rockets at him to lower his defense then getting in close, chucking all my grenades and firing constantly. If it's too bad then just go back and level up to 16 and try again.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 14:31:14 8,746 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I didn't find too many difficulty spikes, but that mission was horrible. I did it by approaching from the side and firing rockets at him to lower his defense then getting in close, chucking all my grenades and firing constantly. If it's too bad then just go back and level up to 16 and try again.
    Thanks mate, I haven't found many either but dying so often on that one annoyed the shit out of me. I'll have another go and unleash my corrosive grenades and fire some rockets...

• RobTheBuilder 20 Feb 2013 14:34:07 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Yeah took me a few goes. At least every time you don't win you are gaining XP!
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 14:35:01 8,746 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Yeah took me a few goes. At least every time you don't win you are gaining XP!
    Yeah but I'm losing 600 bucks a pop!

• RobTheBuilder 20 Feb 2013 14:38:27 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Try the last circle of death type mission (level 5). Took me about 20 goes and dropped my cash from 300k+ to about 5k. Hideously unfair, the only* mission that felt custom designed to infuriate people.

*Excluding the auto-levelling Jack Statue optional mission objective which is completely impossible without being on 4 player or cheating.
  • Vortex808 20 Feb 2013 14:53:05 6,556 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:

*Excluding the auto-levelling Jack Statue optional mission objective which is completely impossible without being on 4 player or cheating.
    It took me a few attempts, but I don't recall it being that tough on PT1, does that mean it's a complete 'mare on TVHM? I had a corrosive sniper and SMG that went through robots and Hyperion folk like a knife through butter.

Admittedly, I also had a turret. It's possibly a lot easier with the soldier guy getting extra fire to protect stuff and distract enemies.

Thankfully with Borderlands you can just head off and level up more before trying again!
  • Flying_Pig 20 Feb 2013 15:13:38 10,276 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished playthrough 1 last week, and was intending to move on to something else (I've basically only been playing BL2 since September!), but thought I'd have a quick bash at TVHM.

Just got to Sanctuary and loving it! It's not necessarily more difficult than PT1 (yet), but just more satisfying. I especially love the fact that not only are the enemies tougher in TVHM, but Gearbox has also saved some enemy types for your second playthrough :)
  • FogHeart 20 Feb 2013 15:18:54 910 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:

It took me a few attempts, but I don't recall it being that tough on PT1, does that mean it's a complete 'mare on TVHM? I had a corrosive sniper and SMG that went through robots and Hyperion folk like a knife through butter.

Admittedly, I also had a turret. It's possibly a lot easier with the soldier guy getting extra fire to protect stuff and distract enemies.

Thankfully with Borderlands you can just head off and level up more before trying again!
    The problem with this mission is that it takes the player through three places where constructors spawn. If you haven't 'visited' them beforehand it's just too much firepower thrown at the cutter to cope with. Try following its route first on your own, clearing out these constructors, then going back and starting the mission. Much easier.
  • oldschoolsoviet 20 Feb 2013 16:21:30 5,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The statue cutting misson ?

You can just start it, and wait for your constructor to go about cutting statues. It won't spawn enemies, won't take damage, and you can have a cuppa or cig.

You just need to find it later to hit the button on it to finish.
  • Mayhem64 20 Feb 2013 16:26:11 649 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^ that. I learned that after doing the mission on P1 with one character, and afterwards I left that mission until last in Opportunity. Go through completing all the others first to clear out most areas.

As for the Roland rescue mission, yeah, you really need a corrosive weapon to help, and if you haven't found one by then...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• ecureuil 20 Feb 2013 16:26:41 76,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    The statue cutting misson ?

You can just start it, and wait for your constructor to go about cutting statues. It won't spawn enemies, won't take damage, and you can have a cuppa or cig.

You just need to find it later to hit the button on it to finish.
    This doesn't work, the enemies will still spawn.
  • RobTheBuilder 20 Feb 2013 16:32:32 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ecureuil It does work, that was the only way it was humanly possible to get the '50% health left' objective using the siren.
  • oldschoolsoviet 20 Feb 2013 16:36:53 5,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep. YOU spawn the enemies entering areas afterwards, but spawns won't be triggered by the constructor itself.

9 times across the 5 characters. Telling me it doesn't work, pfffff. :p
  • ecureuil 20 Feb 2013 16:38:05 76,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doesn't work for me. This mission took me 10 attempts and I tried tons of things, including this method. Every time I tried this (3 or 4 times), the enemies still spawned at the first statue and killed him. There must be some trick to making it work.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Feb 2013 00:02:34 8,746 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think I'm done with this, after 25 hours or so I'm getting bored with it which is exactly what happened with the first game, I'm fed up with the repetitiveness, insta-deaths and it going on forever :-(
    Shame as it has so much going for it.

• Roddles 21 Feb 2013 10:13:57 1,429 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are you playing it alone? You have to play it with friends otherwise the game will get too hard and will lack all sorts of fun.
  • FogHeart 21 Feb 2013 10:17:53 910 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah, not true, I have almost 450 hours all solo. And in no way am I 'skilled', but I don't die a lot either. It's really about making your power complement your weapon choice and vice versa, and choosing the right tool for the job. And using side missions to level up where necessary.
  • ecureuil 1 Mar 2013 15:36:06 76,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Level cap increase, new playable character, fifth DLC pack. This stuff is NOT included in the Season Pass, you'll still probably have to pay for it separately.
  • FogHeart 1 Mar 2013 16:13:32 910 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WELL THAT'D BE A FUCKING CON THEN WON'T IT?

If I bought a season ticket for a football club I wouldn't be stopped at the gates at the last game of the season and told that it's just been decided this one isn't part of the season and needs to be paid for separately! If I paid to watch a season of a series on TV I shouldn't be made to pay again for the series climax just before it gets shown! Where does it say that they can just decide which DLCs are in or out of the season pass?

I have enjoyed this banquet, I hope I don't leave it with a bad taste in my mouth that makes me think again about coming back.

Edited by FogHeart at 16:13:51 01-03-2013
  • ecureuil 1 Mar 2013 16:15:44 76,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well pricing hasn't been confirmed yet, could be free. Though I doubt it.
  • Deleted user 1 March 2013 16:19:33
    I think the article is implying more than one dlc inbound. The next one should be free then after that paid for. I've had enough personally, level 40 ish assassin and level 20 ish siren that I will continue when next dlc out. Only so much repeating missions I can handle.
  • RobTheBuilder 1 Mar 2013 16:28:09 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FogHeart I believe on the description of the season pass it said "first four pieces of DLC" or similar.
  • ecureuil 1 Mar 2013 16:43:35 76,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it did, most assumed it meant there would only be four. I suppose it's good if we get five or more but the costs are going to rack up. Season Pass implies that you get every bit of additional content even if it does state only four. If you bought the game + season pass on release you've already paid nearly 60 notes, if they charge for more it's going to approach 70, maybe 80 depending on how they price it.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Mar 2013 03:51:20 6,220 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The season pass specifically said that it would be for the first 4 DLC packs, and was priced accordingly. It would be nice if the fifth one was free, but I'm not going to be pissed off if it isn't.

Anyway, I've polished off the existing DLC with a Mechromancer, who has turned into my main character. It was splendid, particularly the Torgue one.

Unfortunately, I wanted to go through it on my first playthrough, so now I'm at the eridium blight at level 40. In a way it's nice being massively overpowered, but I don't think loot is going to catch up for quite a while. Even the Big Game Hunt loot seems to cap at 35 the first time around.

But I love the build I've got. Even though it's basically impossible to hit anything directly with 400 stacks of Anarchy, Close Enough makes for some ridiculous billiard ball shots that bounce behind cover and hit people in the back of the head. And with a Jakobs one-shot-and-reload shottie I'm almost constantly regenerating health with Cooking Up Trouble. Every time I kill an enemy my shields are restored to 100%, and Deathtrap makes short work of my one weakness - flying enemies.

Tough to tell how good it will be when I'm not 10 levels higher than basically every enemy, but it's doing splendidly for now! And it's going to be pretty ridiculous with the Bee. The increased recharge delay is irrelevant with Blood-Soaked Shield.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 07:59:24 02-03-2013
  • themanfromdelmonte 2 Mar 2013 12:31:48 540 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had people's gripes about drop rates illustrated to me last night. Had a quick go on BL1 with my Siren build in PT1, only about 40 mins...... Found a legendary rocket launcher in a vendor.

edited to add

@mola ram
    Shock and Aargh! in the middle skill tree is awesome when using the Coachgun style shotties, electrical nova on reload. Just run in there like Rambo, firing like a loon.

Edited by themanfromdelmonte at 12:44:25 02-03-2013
  • Flying_Pig 2 Mar 2013 12:45:34 10,276 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really seems to be hit and miss. Finished pt1 with 3 other people earlier in the week - only 1 legendary drop and the rest green. My solo play had a better loot drop from the Destroyer than that!

Decided to start a new character last night - got him to lvl 10 super quickly, by split screening with my lvl 40 Assassin completing the Firehawk missions on TVHM. Now I just need to find him some lvl10 weapons!

Think I'll do the same with a Siren and Mechromancer :)
  • Mola_Ram 2 Mar 2013 13:53:48 6,220 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Regarding drops... just this playthrough I got an Orange from the Bunker first try, and one of the health vendors in the pirate expansion just happened to be selling a Legendary Mechro class mod. BUY BUY BUY. It gives bonuses to oh so many things. It's far below my level now but I still use it.

I've farmed for other ones, and for unique blues, which seem to be the only rare weapons the expansions offer. It's a bit weird, because things like the Hydra and Elephant Gun are clearly of orange quality. Why aren't they orange?
  • j1m.ch053n 2 Mar 2013 20:52:49 30 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've got 50-60% of the oranges on level 50 (360 version) including all the class mods but cant get the infinity pistol - anyone who is prepared to dup me one i'll happily swap for any of the class mods, the bee shield, black hole, the bonus package, the angry bee grenade, the unkempt herald, the gunerang, the hornet, the conference call, the slagga, the emperor, the baby maker, the veruc, the shredifier, the skull masher or the white death - and these are just the oranges i can remember off the top of my head I have got others - really want that infinity though.
  • BTBAM 2 Mar 2013 22:18:09 1,515 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think I am getting the most out of the game. I'm on chapter 16 with a level 26 assassin.

I play it offline, don't really understand anything what you guys are saying about 'farming' and making new characters. I thought a new character would start the game at the same level as my assassin, but I have to start again. How are people getting so many hours out of this game?!

Please help! Or I'm gonna be finished with it very soon!
  • Page

of 153 First / Last