Borderlands 2 Page 129

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• FWB 4 Feb 2013 22:33:18 44,349 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not racist. If anything it is classist. Not all black people speak like her, and plenty of whites do. But to be honest that's not even the point. She's a character and has a certain lingo. Next we won't be allowed to have posh accents in games.
  • puddleduck 4 Feb 2013 23:00:49 1,853 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Funny doing the timed ones when there's more than one of you. Pretty much wait at the required spots with vehicles ready to teleport and you blitz them... which doesn't hide the fact that they are crap missions :p

Oh and personally I have no idea how anyone can consider Tina racist. If anything is a bit weird about her it's her overt sexual awareness for a kid who is 13, but then when you find the various tapes that explain what she's been through, she's a very good representation of a kid having to grow up too fast in a world that's not fit to house children.
  • jambii267 5 Feb 2013 07:38:31 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure what's more perplexing, Someone finding Tiny Tina racist, or someone taking Borderlands 2 seriously.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Deleted user 5 February 2013 08:32:57
    Why would you not take it seriously. It is a documentary of real events.
  • jambii267 5 Feb 2013 10:12:30 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not to mention that you have already killed a couple hundred people before you've gotten to the point where you meet Tiny Tina.

• kinky_mong 5 Feb 2013 10:54:04 10,170 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They're not people, they're bandits!*

*Who just happen to have been normal miners working for arms company before everything went to shit, but lets gloss over that... LOOT FALLS OUT OF THEM WHEN THEY DIE!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• SomaticSense 5 Feb 2013 11:09:28 8,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So embracing certain aspects of another cuture is apparently racist now?

Do these prize cretins realise how absurd and, well... racist that sounds?

The world really has gone completely crazy.
  • Bawsy74 5 Feb 2013 13:14:40 171 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man am I late to this party!

What a game - enjoying this soooo much. Just level 15 right now, taking my time and doing all the side missions.
  • jambii267 5 Feb 2013 13:26:53 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently Gearbox have tweaked Vermivourous' s spawn rate & drop rate.

Anyone on xbox fancy taking him on tonight?

• Shikasama 5 Feb 2013 13:32:37 6,761 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm quite tempted to dupe some Harolds tonight and log in to random games and drop them
  • ecureuil 5 Feb 2013 13:42:52 76,736 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Apparently Gearbox have tweaked Vermivourous' s spawn rate & drop rate.
    Tweaked how? Easier to spawn and drops better loot?

I'll probably be online later if you want to give him a go.
  • jambii267 5 Feb 2013 14:01:14 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They can tweak drop rates and spawn rates server side. Not sure if this tweak is intentional or not.

Put it this way, I had two at once on sunday, had five of them spawn and got a legendary each time.

• themanfromdelmonte 5 Feb 2013 20:23:40 573 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    They're not my preconceptions. They're stereotypes.

That's sort of the whole point.
    But the game breaks the stereotype. The one black character, Roland doesn't speak this way. It's not re-enforcing the stereotype, or using it in a derogatory way.

Jack's mocking of Roland over Roland's echo, is closer to sounding racist. But I think that's more to do with the Jack voice performance being in a lower register and heing intended to mockingly sound dumd. But within the context of the characters, that's Jack's view of Roland, not of his skin colour.

I would just point out that we're talking about a game where Pandora is inhabited mainly by abandoned, convict labourers, who're pretty feral...... And all of them are White.
  • Zidargh 6 Feb 2013 13:22:42 1,674 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sooooo, I have just started Borderlands 2. I hadn't played the first one, and I love it. Oozes with character and I love the art style.

I understand this would have been covered in great depth but I really want to avoid spoilers. I understand co-op is a large part of the game but how does it work exactly? My concern is that by helping out a friend when he starts out, I will then be overlevelled for future single play. Are there pure co-op missions?
  • ecureuil 6 Feb 2013 13:33:51 76,736 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, single and multiplayer are the same. Drop in/out whenever. If you want to see the story from start to finish it's best to do it solo.

You can only really play with people who are within one level of you or equal to you, so yes you'd be well overlevelled if you helped a friend out. Once you're more than one level above the enemy, they become really easy to kill.
  • Mayhem64 6 Feb 2013 17:08:35 667 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't say one level, it depends on the enemy. And the game does scale XP earning, so if you're level 10 and he's level 1, when things are killed you get no XP (or 1XP) because you're so far above him and the enemies scale to the host.

The best solution would be to have one character to run through the game solo, and one character to run co-op with your mate.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 20:52:59
    Got maybe four legendary items on my first play through.

I just got four legendary items in two hours!!?
  • ecureuil 7 Feb 2013 21:24:17 76,736 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think they've increased the drop rate a little. I've been finding them more often recently, too. Even got a level 48 legendary shield from Bunker, and his drops are usually garbage.
  • ecureuil 8 Feb 2013 02:11:45 76,736 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds like the level cap increase might not happen.

So the game will crash if you combine certain skills because they didn't plan to ever increase the level cap and designed the game around 50 being the permanent limit, and now they feel backed in to a corner over it because of a) the achievement name and b) the precedent set by the first game. I like that the person that wrote the achievements is of so little importance that they didn't realise the 50 cap was by design. Now the reality sets in that they're going to have to mess with the skill trees to stop peoples xboxes blowing up in their faces if they try to throw down two nuke turrets.

At this point I think it would be a mistake to raise the cap. If everything is designed around level 50 being the max, adding extra levels is going to throw the balance of the game completely. I think they'd have to edit the skill trees in some way, too.
  • SomaticSense 8 Feb 2013 02:22:36 8,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm disappointed, but if raising it breaks the game or screws with the balance in any way, then I'd rather they didn't shoehorn it in. Especially if it was never intended.
  • khaz 8 Feb 2013 07:46:13 2,783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm actually glad that the level cap won't be raised. Hopefully this means they can focus more on the remaining DLC and tweaking the loot system a bit more (Please, Gearbox?).

Thinking about it, if the level cap is raised, my Maya would destroy anything you put in her path. She already does insane damage as it is, giving her more points to increase that further or allow her healing/supportive tree as a backup option would completely break the game.
  • AccidentProne 8 Feb 2013 07:56:18 1,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Could they not do something along the lines of add an alternate type of skill points, which could only be allocated to a new set of non game breaking skills post-50? Something like master levels back in DAoC, though I'm sure loads of MMOs have something similar at endgame.

Edited by AccidentProne at 07:56:49 08-02-2013

Edited by AccidentProne at 07:57:23 08-02-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 08:04:05 10,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm at Level 9 and enjoying this, looks beautiful maxed out on the PC on my big telly and the bonkers characters and fun gunplay are a blast so far.
    I decided to go with Siren and I'm enjoying her so far, I think I'll try and stick with elemental weapons and use my ability as much as possible.
    However, the vehicle controls are utterly shite, how can a game that controls so well in other areas have such appalling controls ffs?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• gooner77 8 Feb 2013 08:30:15 755 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the vehicle controls are the same as the warthog in Halo. No probs for me
  • Shikasama 8 Feb 2013 08:32:22 6,761 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll be seriously annoyed if they don't raise the level cap in the next DLC, only to then go on and do so when the pass runs out.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 08:54:17
    Getting to level 50 is mad anyway. On my first run I got to about 40 ish, that was doing all dlc and like eighty side missions.

I guess true vault hunter makes you get there but I was bored to death of assassin character, siren is so much more fun.

Got a good combo running at the mo, 24% reduction in cool down with 40% health to weakest character when target destroyed in phase lock. Works wonders for the team.
  • AccidentProne 8 Feb 2013 09:05:31 1,162 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting to level 50 is pretty easy on TVHM, especially with the DLC. Got my commando to 50 and I'm only about 2/3 through the main campaign. Left a lot of the side quests for NG 2.5 as well.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 09:21:58
    I keep having to boot level 50.characters from my game. I always host four player games but keep having level 50 join a level 18 ish game. Handy sometimes admittedly.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Feb 2013 10:38:19 7,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wouldn't it be really, really boring for them at level 50?
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:41:27
    That's what I thought but the keep joining my games and obliterating enemies. Would be handy vs the invincibles though as when I'm at level 30 tge invincible bosses are 32. Actually thats a plan.

/Texts level 50 friend to get them to join my game. Hyperius you fucker, you going down.
    Gimme tha loot, gimme tha loot.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last