Borderlands 2 Page 122

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 January 2013 08:47:48
    Sometimes I think I'm playing a different game. I have no idea what the last post was on about.
  • Vortex808 17 Jan 2013 10:42:31 7,211 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is it that difficult? I'd better hope to level up loads over the torgue stuff then!

I remember the Knoxx DLC being tough to start with for me, but it settled down quite quickly once I levelled up a bit and caught up with some of the enemy levels..
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 10:52:15
    What you think?

I just run now on certain bits, last night there were a group of savages all together because of a pull grenade and they were all near death. Then suddenly they all got full health and are now super badasses of higher levels. Ffs.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 10:53:06
    The spores are terrible too I agree.
  • Vortex808 17 Jan 2013 10:58:57 7,211 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    The Witch Doctors and Spores are some of the most annoying enemies I've come across in the Borderlands franchise.

A simple HP nerf would make them more tolerable.
    Oh dear. That doesn't bode too well then. I've barely started the Torgue DLC, so it'll be a while until I'm ready to play that one anyway. I'm just about to hunt down the 4th ranked player in the ultimate badassery competition.
  • Fat_Pigeon 17 Jan 2013 11:00:31 9,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kujata wrote:
    Anyone thinking of taking advantage of the last day of Gear Up to kill Vermivorous the
    Invincible...

Managed to kill him three times last night in an hour and a half, and he dropped Norfleet each time. The key seemed to be having three players (we tried for an hour with just two, and got nowhere) and making sure you keep other Varkid around till he pods-up for his final form.

We also found the best way to get the Varkid to pod-up is to just leave them alone... Run in to an area with a bunch of them in, then just start running about. They seem to evolve up to Super Badass this way, then you have to take them down to 1/8 health to get them to Ultimate Badass, then Vermivorous himself.

We were hunting him in Thundra Express, seemed like the easiest place. Apart from the occasional Buzzard attacks... It's actually a lot of fun. Hope they do more boss events like this.
    Me and jambizzle managed to get 2 to spawn at once last night. Was mucho fun and painful.
  • Fat_Pigeon 17 Jan 2013 11:06:18 9,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    The Witch Doctors and Spores are some of the most annoying enemies I've come across in the Borderlands franchise.

A simple HP nerf would make them more tolerable.
    Found neither of them too trying and had some great battles getting through certain areas. The difficulty for me was spot on, it was missing the Lols of the other 2 dlcs and the maps where annoying.
  • rtk79 17 Jan 2013 12:34:38 493 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    SambaApe wrote:
    vast, vast majority of players asked for it to be hard.
    A random sample pool doesn't equate to a blanket statement of "the majority".

You can't balance the game around a certain group of people who have taken the time to farm epics and legendaries, nor the casual people either. You must strike a happy medium for an RPG, or people will simply stop playing.
    The thing is : that uncertain, hard to fathom majority might not see Borderlands 2 as a RPG at all.
  • ResidentKnievel 17 Jan 2013 12:39:37 6,215 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Witch doctors really that bad?

I was looking forward to the new enemies as they sound really interesting.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• rtk79 17 Jan 2013 12:56:57 493 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    It has quests, stats, talents and levelling. Of course it's an RPG, albeit a first person one with guns.

Even your average CoD/BF teenager can see that.
    My comment didn't concern genres so much as expectations. But since you mention that, CoD/BF both have stats, talents and levelling. What modern day shooter does not ? Regarding quests, "Capture the flag", "plant the bomb", "kill this guy", "follow that one" is about as sophisticated as Borderlands gets.
    Not to mention, the average CoD/BF wouldn't even look at Borderlands if it weren't, basically, a shooter.
    Seems to me the FPS fans are more likely to demand difficulty than the RPG guys, whose complaints would lie elsewhere.

Edited by rtk79 at 13:40:57 17-01-2013
  • Mayhem64 17 Jan 2013 14:19:14 669 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kujata - I could do with a Norfleet, care to donate/dupe? :)

SomaticSense wrote:
    I've been after an Infinity for my level 50 pistolero god Assassin for ages. The drop rate must be something ridiculous like 0.00001%.

Doc Mercy can go fuck himself...
    I has an Infinity, just regular, but an Infinity. I'm after Legendary mod for the Assassin in dupe/trade if you can help ;)

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Deleted user 17 January 2013 14:21:21
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Witch doctors really that bad?

I was looking forward to the new enemies as they sound really interesting.
    They just incredibly irritating. As a normal person who is just playing the game and not hunting super rare guns will 20000 damage each witch takes an age to kill and certain types like the vampire one are impossible to kill.

I'm sure it is fine if you are kitted out with legendary weapons.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 14:29:58
    I think I'm on the last main mission for it though so will finish it and start new game and might look out for rare stuff this time.

Torque dlc easily the best one so far.
    From looking on borderlands wiki it seems most awesome gear are random drops on random little side quests.
  • Kujata 17 Jan 2013 17:16:05 2,279 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Fat_Pigeon - That happened to us too... by accident. The third one we fought was on his own, seemed a bit anti-climatic after the double Ultra Varkid epic battle.
  • dsmx 17 Jan 2013 18:16:18 7,616 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Last night the game dropped me a legneday semi auto jackobs masher sniper rifle, not so great at sniping but it's rather nasty used from the hip as a shotgun.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 17 January 2013 19:58:42
    Are there any awesome guns anyone can tell me where to get them?
    I only have one awesome gun, a moxxi machine gun. Still not epic but does the job on smaller enemies.
  • BeebleB 17 Jan 2013 21:48:08 931 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awesome guns just seem to turn up more as you level up, some of the level 50 guns I've got are horrendously beasty.
    That said, most of the bosses throughout the game have a chance to drop something rare and if your playing with 4 people it increases the odds a lil.
    I've found three orange drops this week, a rocket launcher, a grenade mod and a shot gun. All quite low level as I was playing through with my mechromancer but ill keep them in my bank and give them to new characters as they pass through the relevant level ranges.

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Vortex808 17 Jan 2013 23:56:25 7,211 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I spotted a legendary gun in a torgue machine tonight. And got a decent spingun and rocket launcher too.

I still like tiny tina a lot. :)  The pint-sized psycho that she is.

On the downside, I keep forgetting about the pitiful backpack size. Sort it out gearbox, I likes my lewtz!
  • Deleted user 17 January 2013 23:57:33
    Tiny Tina is fantastic, hopefully she in next dlc.
  • RobTheBuilder 18 Jan 2013 00:22:06 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got to the mission named Rocko's Modern Strife. This game is awesome.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2013 14:46:37
    Completed the main game this week but haven't yet bought any DLC. Still got loads of side missions which I was going to do co-op, but my partner-in-crime buggered off and played by themself thus getting 4 levels ahead of me. Tut-tut.
  • Deleted user 18 January 2013 17:16:19
    Great end level to a mostly average dlc. Time to start a new character. Finished level 38 I believe, finally got a beast weapon (shotgun) right at the end when I won't get to use it.
  • fletch7100 20 Jan 2013 08:57:37 7,331 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just got all the DLC and started a new character,commando as I'm mainly playing offline. Just found the Pirate Scarlet hidden treasure and Loot galore :) all mine now just trying to figure out which are best for my character. Level 18 at the moment.

Found one legendary, a shield called The Cradle
  • Page

of 154 First / Last