Borderlands 2 Page 118

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• kinky_mong 10 Jan 2013 15:54:28 10,288 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I see. To be honest playing as Salvador I rarely run out of ammo because he regenerates it while gunzerking.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 10 January 2013 16:02:44
    Cool. I'm sniper but the way this boss is you kind of need a high level rocket launcher but if you die you screwed as you re spawn with one rocket and boss back to 100000 bazillion health. No matter what level you hit it at the boss is two higher than you. I was level 27.

On the plus side the loot after you win is 0_0...
  • Vortex808 10 Jan 2013 16:39:00 7,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:

On the plus side the loot after you win is 0_0...
    For the Pirate DLC? For me the loot was awful on TVHM and at level 35 or so. I think I got one decent rocket launcher and possibly a slightly better corrosive pistol.

The rest got sold as they were all worse than what I had. Possibly some decent ones fell down the ravine as they sadly seem to do on various bosses this time out. The boss on campaign did the same to me too.

I should possibly go back again and see what I get then, but can't really be bothered milking the bosses at the moment and will stick with torgue DLC stuff in the hope I get some good gear there.

Edited by Vortex808 at 16:39:31 10-01-2013
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 16:49:05
    I was level 27 and all the skull chests were full of beautiful purple weapons.
  • FogHeart 10 Jan 2013 16:59:01 946 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are people getting rid of purples when they stop being useful? I store them in the bank. It's all I store in the bank. I'm on my third character and every so often I fire up my first and second and have them transfer appropriate level purples (or orange if possible) from their bank into the shared stash for the third character to pick up, so he's always got two or three purples he can use and is finding some of his own. I don't really get all this trying bosses over and over hoping they'll drop amazing stuff to beef up one character, it seems to be a chore without much gratification. The game seems to reward you best if you start multiple characters, each about ten levels below the previous, and use each to hand purple/orange weapons down to the next.
  • Vortex808 10 Jan 2013 17:04:50 7,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    I was level 27 and all the skull chests were full of beautiful purple weapons.
    I'll have to go back at some point then. I feel slightly cheated. I remember getting a corrosive AR, but it was actually worse than a corrosive, target seeking pistol I got from the golden chest.

Maybe using a few keys prior to popping over for the fight was a bad plan. I'll go back after the Torgue DLC, that should make me level 40ish and I'll see what I get.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 17:08:13
    Wait.....I can store guns for my next character????? Fook. I just been dropping or selling everything. Never mind, guess that would make my second run too easy anyway.
  • FogHeart 10 Jan 2013 17:16:12 946 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Wait.....I can store guns for my next character????? Fook. I just been dropping or selling everything. Never mind, guess that would make my second run too easy anyway.
    Yikes!

The 'bank' is in Crimson Raider HQ, upstairs. You use Eridium to buy more room.

As soon as a purple no longer cuts it, they're good for 6 or so levels to me, put it in there.

Claptrap has the 'twink stash' near his little hovel in Sanctuary. You'd move the lowest level purples in there.

When your new character arrives at Sanctuary, he should get to that stash and loot the goods. When he's done with them later in the game, he should put them in his own bank. Repeat this process over and over for the kind of cackling, chortling 'they don't stand a chance' goodness for later characters.

Yes, it may make things too easy, but you play alternative characters for variety more than challenge. The first character gets all the challenge.
  • ecureuil 10 Jan 2013 17:23:13 76,815 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sell most of my purple stuff, there's not enough bank space to keep it I've filled every bank slot with all five of my characters now.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2013 18:06:27 3,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I sell most of my purple stuff, there's not enough bank space to keep it I've filled every bank slot with all five of my characters now.
    I never save anything. As soon a gun is no longer up to snuff or a better one comes along I mark it with an x and its dumped at the next vending machine.

Lovely little system they added.  Sell whatever is marked with x in one swoop.  Means I don't have to sit for 10 mins comparing stats when I want to have a clear out.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 18:07:51 10-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Deleted user 10 January 2013 18:17:01
    Didn't know that either.
  • ecureuil 10 Jan 2013 18:39:46 76,815 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I never save anything. As soon a gun is no longer up to snuff or a better one comes along I mark it with an x and its dumped at the next vending machine.

Lovely little system they added.  Sell whatever is marked with x in one swoop.  Means I don't have to sit for 10 mins comparing stats when I want to have a clear out.
    Once you have a few characters at 50, you start getting 'best of its kind' weapons. I have tons of level 50 items that I will never improve on, there's still not enough space. Been waiting for word of an expanded bank but there's nothing so far.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2013 21:39:57 3,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:

Once you have a few characters at 50, you start getting 'best of its kind' weapons. I have tons of level 50 items that I will never improve on, there's still not enough space. Been waiting for word of an expanded bank but there's nothing so far.
    It can't be that much hardship to increase it a few more slots for the people that want it.

• oldschoolsoviet 10 Jan 2013 22:43:56 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Memory issue according to dev whispers and naysayers, new vault in next DLC say the hopeful.

I just make bank characters, two with max slots via splitscreen Terra Eridium farming. Stores everything that's interesting for later by jumping them in, hoover, save/quit. Easy.

Really helpful for my manufacturer specific builds.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 22:57:26
    All these things sound terribly boring. I just play the game. When I complete it I will click new game and play as someone else with the correct level games. Don't see the fun in having monster weapons against weak enemies.
  • ecureuil 10 Jan 2013 23:06:07 76,815 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The guns are level locked so you can't use overpowered weapons at low levels. You can get great weapons at low levels but they're not so powerful it breaks the game and they very quickly become obsolete.
  • Ged42 11 Jan 2013 21:30:10 7,732 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With the new DLC coming on the 15th, Gearbox a having a Gear Up Weekend where each day a loot of a certain weapon type will be super powerful.

Currently it's shotguns.
  • oldschoolsoviet 11 Jan 2013 22:10:54 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goddamit. According to the GBX forums, farming Warrior is producing some startling, Orange coloured results.

Whereas I'm heading to sleep for a 4am start. Won't be home until 3ish, so I've got an hour to see what's what. :(
  • fragglerocks 11 Jan 2013 23:39:35 302 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh I'll be doing a few warrior runs then!
  • ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 23:45:49 76,815 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Goddamit. According to the GBX forums, farming Warrior is producing some startling, Orange coloured results.

Whereas I'm heading to sleep for a 4am start. Won't be home until 3ish, so I've got an hour to see what's what. :(
    And I'm out of the country and won't be back until January 22nd. Bugger.
  • jambii267 12 Jan 2013 01:39:35 1,366 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shotguns today, Nades tomorrow and Snipers on Sunday! Maybe I can finally get that Pitchfork!

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• fragglerocks 12 Jan 2013 05:04:55 302 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dammit, played for a few hours but I didn't get any particularly special shotguns.I think they were more shotguns dropping than usual though.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2013 06:41:23 3,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fragglerocks wrote:
    Dammit, played for a few hours but I didn't get any particularly special shotguns.I think they were more shotguns dropping than usual though.
    There were. I was picked up a smashing purple 2 shot corrosive shotgun.  Joined with my fast reload and electric burst I was kicking ass!!!

• Vortex808 12 Jan 2013 09:13:57 7,153 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oooh. Reckon i might try and get me some snipers then. Shame it's not going to be assault rifles.

Decent ones of them are few and far between for my axton.

Is it any weapon box that's altered, or only boss fights? Shame i haven't even got past bewm-bewm in my tvhm run so far due to playing the dlc.

Maybe a torgue mini boss will do.
  • Deleted user 12 January 2013 09:36:12
    This game is huge. I just keep finding new huge areas, did some crater missions last night.
    Got nearly full on bloodshed tree and some equipment slotted to give me high pistol powers and totally kicking butt with Scarletts pistol and the little sister pistol.
    I feel like I must have played at least thirty hours now and only level 30 with a bazillion side quests missed and main story still to complete and torques dlc to do and then next week there is another!!! Value for money no doubt.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2013 10:07:00 3,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    This game is huge. I just keep finding new huge areas, did some crater missions last night.
    Got nearly full on bloodshed tree and some equipment slotted to give me high pistol powers and totally kicking butt with Scarletts pistol and the little sister pistol.
    I feel like I must have played at least thirty hours now and only level 30 with a bazillion side quests missed and main story still to complete and torques dlc to do and then next week there is another!!! Value for money no doubt.
    And another dlc after that as well.  I picked some interspersed shooting skill last night for gaige.

Whenever I stop shooting a stack counter starts incrementing and the longer I leave it the bigger the chance the next shot slags but regardless when the next shot hits it goes off with a bit purple fizzing explosion and looks nuts.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:13:21 12-01-2013

• BeebleB 12 Jan 2013 10:12:32 926 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    With a level cap increase thrown in for good measure.

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Deleted user 12 January 2013 10:16:44
    What is the new cap and what is the new dlc?
  • BeebleB 12 Jan 2013 10:29:02 926 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure what the new cap is but they said they're going to raise it q1 2013

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2013 11:27:43 3,909 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    What is the new cap and what is the new dlc?
    The cap is raised on this dlc and it was raised to 65 in the first game i believe so I'd expect a similar jump unless they split the raise between the next 2 DLC packs.

The next DLC hasn't been announced yet.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:55:29 12-01-2013

• Page

of 154 First / Last