Borderlands 2 Page 116

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 December 2012 12:56:17
    Played two or so hours last night. Thought it was okay although since turning it off all I have wanted to do is play it more! Not sure about the first major boss on the ship. More irritating than fun. Love the dialogue , very amusing except the subtitles run behind what is being said and I have my volume v low in the early hours.
    Tried match making once I defeated the boss, for sure is better simply because of the mix of abilities between characters.
    I went for assassin, wanted to be siren but I was that for the original.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Dec 2012 17:23:24 38,761 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    I have him stiff in front of me right now!
    Wat

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• kinky_mong 31 Dec 2012 17:25:00 10,466 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• crashVoodoo 31 Dec 2012 18:00:04 3,965 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    If anyone needs the Donkey Mong achievement on 360.. I have him stiff in front of me right now!
    I drove past donkey mong earlier today.  What is this achievement?

Knowing my luck its something rare and I'll never see him again

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• ecu 31 Dec 2012 18:04:45 77,045 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You get an achievement for killing him. He's quite a rare spawn, I've seen him once in my many hours of playing but if you keep searching Eridium Blight I'm sure you could get him to turn up. Not to be confused with King Mong, who is far more common.
  • crashVoodoo 31 Dec 2012 18:07:29 3,965 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    You get an achievement for killing him. He's quite a rare spawn, I've seen him once in my many hours of playing but if you keep searching Eridium Blight I'm sure you could get him to turn up. Not to be confused with King Mong, who is far more common.
    Fuck. I was doing some monster mash side mission for zed and as I drove past him I had a light chuckle to myself.

Say that he was level 50,3 levels above me and would probably have handed me my ass but still ... I'll take another drive by when I next put it on.

• crashVoodoo 6 Jan 2013 09:51:08 3,965 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Started my second character yesterday.  Gaige.

So much fun but i think I've adapted to TVHM as I'm cruising through it.  I'm now level 13 and only died once, finding the different play style really good though.

• Deleted user 6 January 2013 11:15:03
    I find this game very average in some aspects but utterly addictive. Level 21 now, regret my character choice but the way I have levelled my assassin I am now crazy lethal melee. Think when I backstab or hit them when low health it does 7000 damage.
    Just don't like the characters ability, you get 5 seconds and move slow. 5 seconds would be fine if when cloaked you moved really fast.
    Enjoying oasis too, I read that you shouldn't do it till level thirty but when ever I travel there all the missions just scale to my current level.
  • Shikasama 6 Jan 2013 12:52:52 6,996 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When you get the ability to warp towards targets when stealthed and the duration refresh on a kill Zero comes into his own. His Kunai ability is by far the best though.
  • FogHeart 6 Jan 2013 17:17:59 954 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    When you get the ability to warp towards targets when stealthed and the duration refresh on a kill Zero comes into his own. His Kunai ability is by far the best though.
    How did you fill up both skill trees to get duration refresh and kunai?
  • Mayhem64 6 Jan 2013 17:44:02 682 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    I just found the achievement for finding the double rainbow.. Mocking the popular viral YouTube video.. Don't think I've laughed so much at a video game Easter Egg so much since Toejam & Earl. Sums Borderlands up for me.. Humorous :D
    Which one did you get, Claptrap or Handsome Jack? :p

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Metalfish 6 Jan 2013 17:52:24 8,834 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    How did you fill up both skill trees to get duration refresh and kunai?
    He probably means the lunge attack that does silly damage. It's an excellent combo.
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 17:59:01
    I got the lunge attack already. Not that great, very limited.
    Where is the rainbow?
  • FogHeart 6 Jan 2013 18:21:04 954 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hyperion base in the Highlands, where you encounter a constructor on a bridge near the mortar that is used to test Overlook's shield. past that you see a half-cylinder building where two badass bots come out. Look to the right of that building for a dropoff that has a grassy area and a red tent. When you reach that, look towards the floating city of Sanctuary.

Edited by FogHeart at 18:22:04 06-01-2013
  • Flying_Pig 6 Jan 2013 18:32:33 11,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been finding this a bit of a slog (lvl 31) - used a golden key and re-spec'd my assassin to see if it improved matters. But it didn't.

So I've started Captain Scarlett DLC. So far so very good :)
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 18:35:13
    FogHeart wrote:
    Hyperion base in the Highlands, where you encounter a constructor on a bridge near the mortar that is used to test Overlook's shield. past that you see a half-cylinder building where two badass bots come out. Look to the right of that building for a dropoff that has a grassy area and a red tent. When you reach that, look towards the floating city of Sanctuary.

Thanks.
  • disusedgenius 6 Jan 2013 19:31:58 5,439 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh damn, now I have to find the Jack version on YouTube!
  • RobTheBuilder 6 Jan 2013 19:46:27 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    About 12 hours in, loving it.
    Claptrap is even better than before, the script keeps making me laugh.

I even got retweeted by claptrap yesterday :)
  • Deleted user 6 January 2013 19:52:01
    I love the crazy young girl. In fact most of the characters are excellent.
  • crashVoodoo 6 Jan 2013 21:31:03 3,965 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gaige is awesome. Utter demolition of all enemies now that I've respecced to 'little big trouble'.

I've chosen pep + 5 +2 from class mod.
    Shock storm + 5
    Shock and AAAAGGGHH kill skill
    Electrical burn + 2 so far
    Finally I have an electrical spike shield .. Epic Lola all round if they even touch me

With a shot gun I am just laying waste and not even needing the robot.

Shock and AAGGH blasts electric on every reload and have a 1 shot double barrel shotgun so I'm just lighting everything up. 
    Pep increases status effects chance on all, currently +28% electric.
    Shock storm cause electrical storm on every crit and shotty crits about 97% of time.
    electrical burn has a chance to burn from an electrical attack

To be honest, how I haven't had a seizure the light show is beyond me.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 21:34:18 06-01-2013

• Deleted user 7 January 2013 01:02:50
    So is it me or if you do lots of side quests it is a bit easy as you get so much awesome loot and your character levels too fast?

I'm currently level 23 and going through pirate dlc and I'm at a point where I just have too many insane weapons, to the point where I think I need to sell them and use average ones to make the game harder.

My four guns at the mo is a 10,000 damage rocket launcher ffs, a 500 damage corrosive sniper rifle, a 500 damage fire machine gun and a 962x3 damage shotgun. I just obliterate everything. Fought grendal who was a level above me, two rockets and a sniper round killed him in under ten seconds.

Love this game but perhaps I need to ditch some guns and focus on the main quests?

The characters are consistently amazing.

I guess if I ignore loads of side stuff I can get to do new things second playthrough.

Oh one other thing, by playing the dlcs am I going to make the main story very easy by being far higher rank or should the game adapt? Thanks.
  • ecu 7 Jan 2013 01:11:36 77,045 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah if you do the DLCs you'll be massively over levelled for the main game.

I'm ok with the system, you tend to catch up anyway. It always seems to get tough again around the bunker fight, but you do have periods of being overpowered, it's nice to feel like a badass at times.
  • Deleted user 7 January 2013 01:16:16
    Well that is a bit rubbish, why do dlc if it ruins the main game?
  • ecu 7 Jan 2013 01:20:22 77,045 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doesn't really ruin it, it opens up the number of areas you can explore. Each playthrough will stop you getting totally over levelled forever.
  • FWB 7 Jan 2013 01:22:03 44,852 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You do it after or on another character. To be honest large chunks of the game are best ignored on each run. They are there to keep things different.
  • Page

of 155 First / Last