Borderlands 2 Page 115

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 14:43:13 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for some of the feedback from some of you on spl/scr co-op character selection suggestions, sounds like a Siren and Gunzerker might be a good choice.
  • dsmx 14 Dec 2012 14:45:19 7,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    Now that sounds Like a great place to use my 19k damage 180% critical hit sniper rifle
    That's quite weak frankly. If its a level 50 character, your average sniper rifle should be 24k base damage at a minimum.
    Your right the base damage is quite low, however I've yet to find a sniper rifle that gets as big a critical hit damage bonus and with the skills my gunzerker has I've seen shots hit for 4 million damage.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecu 14 Dec 2012 15:23:59 77,336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    Thanks for some of the feedback from some of you on spl/scr co-op character selection suggestions, sounds like a Siren and Gunzerker might be a good choice.
    I've played a fair bit of 2 player co-op and siren/gunzerker is the most fun. They're the two most fun classes overall IMO. For utterly mental OTT action at least.
  • Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 16:02:38 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    I've played a fair bit of 2 player co-op and siren/gunzerker is the most fun. They're the two most fun classes overall IMO. For utterly mental OTT action at least.
    Cheers ecureuil, another vote for those two character classes then! Looks like it'll be a similar setup to my experience of BL1 co-op then!
  • themanfromdelmonte 14 Dec 2012 16:23:49 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:

Cheers ecureuil, another vote for those two character classes then! Looks like it'll be a similar setup to my experience of BL1 co-op then!
    Well the skills are actually quite different to the ones of the corresponding characters in BL1. I think they compliment each other much better than Lilith and Brick's skills.
  • Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 17:32:57 1,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @themanfromdelmonte

Ah right, I have vague memories of BL1 running round the back of enemies whilst invisible and then launching an attack whilst my mate went head on into the action and beat people with Brick's fists :) I'm guessing Gunzerker is more geared towards using his strength to dual wield weapons? Any specific skills you can recommend I keep an eye out for w/regards to Siren/Gunzerker?
  • themanfromdelmonte 14 Dec 2012 19:14:25 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd think Siren heading down the Motion tree towards Converge so the phaselock pulls in other enemies (possibly also use Singularity grenades in conjunction with this to get a real crowd together).

Gunzerker heading down Rampage tree, towards Yippee Ki Yay, allowing him to extend his Gunzerking by killing enemies.

Then just use the tactic of Phaselocking as many enemies as you can get together, then having the Gunzerker unload on them.
  • gallow 14 Dec 2012 19:19:50 494 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whats a good level to start the DLC - my main character is a Gunzerker currently at L35 and I have just started his second play through?
  • MistaGav 14 Dec 2012 23:17:48 90 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think that's probably the best time to start the DLC. I started it at lvl 50 and ended up being disappointed by it as I couldn't level up anymore and I had decent gear already so nothing felt special to me.
  • disusedgenius 14 Dec 2012 23:37:30 5,625 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Started this recently myself, playing the Assassin and around Level 14ish. At the moment I'm just desperate to get to his 'One Shot One Kill' skill so that my obsessive reloading habit actually has a point. After that I think I'll be trying to max out melee skills.

Tis an awesome game though, enjoying it even in single player.
  • themanfromdelmonte 18 Dec 2012 06:25:07 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shift Code for 5 Golden keys, will be active for the next few days.

PC / Mac: WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
    Xbox 360: W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
    PlayStation 3: WTWBJ-HKZ9C-TCCWB-ZT5JJ-6HRZS
  • Mayhem64 18 Dec 2012 12:32:03 686 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Depends how you play. Sometimes I wind up with two SMGs (shock, corrosive, flame), sometimes with shotgun and flame pistol. That works a good balance between individual shooting and anyone up close and personal. Occasionally that slides into rocket launcher/shotgun for real meaty encounters.

If you're worried about reload times, invest in the Gunzerker skill to reduce it, and looks for certain Jakobs shotguns. The fire rate is insane (over 15), allowing 2-5 shots depending on magazine before reload, and usually most things fall to that barrage due to the sheer power, allowing you the breathing space of the reload. Can be also good with Money Shot, although you don't get the full hit of the fruit with a shotgun.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• FogHeart 18 Dec 2012 14:30:53 995 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Although I've only played a couple of hours on Gunzerker, it seems logical that one of the guns should slag so the other can do more damage - is that not right?
  • crashVoodoo 18 Dec 2012 19:22:23 4,025 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    Although I've only played a couple of hours on Gunzerker, it seems logical that one of the guns should slag so the other can do more damage - is that not right?
    I woukd say so.

Isnt there also a feature (bug?) where the gun in the left hand does equal damage to the one in the right or something?

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• dsmx 18 Dec 2012 19:49:12 7,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I believe they fixed that bug a while ago but I may be wrong because I haven't tested it recently as it made the game far to easy, but when it was in it required you to have 2 elemental weapons of the same type, so both had to be electric for example worked really well with a derp rocket launcher in one hand and an smg in the other.

On the subject of which weapons to use while gunzerking, slag and another weapon is ok on PT1 however on PT2 I found since most enemies have shields and a shit load of health your better off having electric in 1 hand and a fire/corrosive in the other depending on the enemy.

Reason being that gunzerking is a dps boost and slag weapons don't do as much damage on their own so if you use a slag weapon you have to make a choice between getting the shields down, getting their health down or swapping weapons a lot which defeats the object of dual wielding in the first place.

If your in a group that's not really an issue and using slag weapons there is a great help but on your own slag weapons aren't so useful on PT2.

Edited by dsmx at 19:55:45 18-12-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• oldschoolsoviet 18 Dec 2012 20:50:39 5,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you're in a group that's not really an issue and using slag weapons there is a great help but on your own slag weapons aren't so useful on PT2.

Lies ! Slag remains extremely useful on PT2, especially with Axton's turret, or a fast weapon swapping Zero. Trick is to mix bursts of slag/non-elemental into enemies.

Compared to my Deathtrap supporting, all-Tiadore-shock weapon carrying, shock inducing, shock reloading, Anarchy infused Gaige, christ......
    Lv44 Super Badass Fire Thresher downed in 15secs. They still trouble my Lv50s ! An absolute mechro-monster with a decent build.
  • pinebear 18 Dec 2012 20:55:55 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    If you're in a group that's not really an issue and using slag weapons there is a great help but on your own slag weapons aren't so useful on PT2.

Lies ! Slag remains extremely useful on PT2, especially with Axton's turret, or a fast weapon swapping Zero. Trick is to mix bursts of slag/non-elemental into enemies.

Compared to my Deathtrap supporting, all-Teidore-shock weapon carrying, shock inducing, shock reloading, Anarchy infused Gaige, christ......
    Lv44 Super Badass Fire Thresher downed in 15secs. They still trouble my Lv50s ! An absolute mechro-monster with a decent build.

• oldschoolsoviet 18 Dec 2012 21:03:31 5,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D
  • Mayhem64 18 Dec 2012 22:36:41 686 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah... I'm up to level 21 with Gaige and she's proving quite powerful.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• FogHeart 19 Dec 2012 15:48:30 995 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gaige felt overpowered. I had a spike corrosive shield at one stage and I had skills to do fire damage when doing electrical damage and shock-burst reload. So I'd go right up to 'em while reloading, take a melee hit, and the victim would get fire and corrosive and electric damage all at once. And I hadn't even shot them.
  • LeoliansBro 19 Dec 2012 16:46:22 44,963 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:

Compared to my Deathtrap supporting, all-Tediore-shock weapon carrying, shock inducing, shock reloading, Anarchy infused Gaige, christ......

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• pinebear 19 Dec 2012 18:01:01 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    pinebear wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:

Compared to my Deathtrap supporting, all-Tdivore-shock weapon carrying, shock inducing, shock reloading, Anarchy infused Gaige, christ......

• Folant 19 Dec 2012 21:25:14 1,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Completed this a bit earlier.
    Good game.

Took a while to get going. Te first half of the game kinda dragged. Maybe first two thirds.
    But when it got going it turned out to be emmense amounts of fun and had the feeling that the first had.
    Round 5 of that second arena mission was a lot of fun.
    And if the first missions of TVHM are anything to go by, should be a good romp on the way to 50.
    Me and my co-op partner gonna have a right go at that bonus boss. :-D

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• PearOfAnguish 20 Dec 2012 22:13:46 7,501 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have Gearbox tweaked the loot drops? I picked up about 10 orange items from the final boss today, and that was just what I could carry. As well as a level 50 Bee and corrosive Infinity pistol I've got - among other things - this mental automatic sniper rifle that fires 3 shots for 1 round of ammo, doing about 17k base damage each hit (or hundreds of K with the Bee), and a pistol that shoots extremely potent electric rounds which do a ton of damage per hit and explode afterwards.
  • ecu 20 Dec 2012 22:28:54 77,336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That doesn't sound right. Even if they had tweaked it, they'd never make them that common. Sounds like you have all the most common dupes, Bee, Infinity, White Death. Are you sure someone didn't quickly enter your game, drop the stuff then quit before you noticed?
  • dsmx 21 Dec 2012 00:29:28 7,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loot drops seem to be getting worse for me, not seen an orange or a decent purple/pink in ages.

• Folant 21 Dec 2012 00:50:51 1,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Eridium seems to be more numerous for me past couple of days.

Loot seems to be worse. Boss' dropping nothing at all now.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• jambii267 21 Dec 2012 01:32:12 1,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have noticed a decrease in loot drops too, can't be a coincidence.

When the server side patch that disabled the lockout on the raid bosses hit, I farmed Pyro Pete and would generally get a Legendary around every third kill, Sometimes I even got two at once. Last few days, I have generally got sod all.

On the brighter side, I have pretty much kitted out my entire friends list with their own legit legendary class mods.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• PearOfAnguish 21 Dec 2012 09:01:23 7,501 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    That doesn't sound right. Even if they had tweaked it, they'd never make them that common. Sounds like you have all the most common dupes, Bee, Infinity, White Death. Are you sure someone didn't quickly enter your game, drop the stuff then quit before you noticed?
    It was online co-op but there were only two of us in there, and I wasn't hosting. I suppose the host could have dropped all that gear, but I never saw him do it, and it was scattered all about the place. I also can't imagine someone giving up a Bee or any of the other kick-ass loot that I discovered.
  • Page

of 155 First / Last