Borderlands 2 Page 112

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• Mayhem64 22 Nov 2012 21:10:26 649 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Both DLCs appear to cut off at around level 30 in playthrough one. It scales all the way up to level 50 in playthrough two.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• ecureuil 22 Nov 2012 21:14:07 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I went through the Torgue DLC at max level, PT2.5. It was pretty tough, the bikers are a massive pain in the arse and they're everywhere. The Piston t-rex fight took me many attempts.
  • Ged42 22 Nov 2012 21:38:05 7,641 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whoops just lost a load of torque points to the fruit machines in the crater bar, before I realised I was spending points rather than cash.

Oh and watch out for x3 bandit grenades, all i can say is SHOWTIME MOTHERFUCKER BOOOOOM!

Edited by Ged42 at 21:38:21 22-11-2012
  • M83J01P97 22 Nov 2012 22:15:18 6,386 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ged42 wrote:
    Whoops just lost a load of torque points to the fruit machines in the crater bar, before I realised I was spending points rather than cash.

Oh and watch out for x3 bandit grenades, all i can say is SHOWTIME MOTHERFUCKER BOOOOOM!
    Yeah I did this and was pretty pissed when I realised as some of the special guns you can buy with the token are awesome.
  • Kujata 23 Nov 2012 08:32:26 2,240 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far as I can see all the Torgue legendary weapons and grenades are in the various machines around the dlc. And as always you can quit/reload till you get the weapon/variation you want.
    Farming tokens is pretty easy in the bar brawl, and even easier in the race with 2+ people.
  • Kujata 23 Nov 2012 08:32:26 2,240 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    -- Deleted for double posting like a MOTHERF***ING BADASS --

Edited by Kujata at 08:36:09 23-11-2012
  • Vortex808 23 Nov 2012 10:57:12 6,564 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I need to get this DLC downloaded and tried soon.

Must make more effort to stop playing Halo 4 and get the Scarlett DLC done...
  • dsmx 23 Nov 2012 12:43:42 7,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That piston t-rex thing is piss easy to beat with a corrosive sniper and a door.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecureuil 23 Nov 2012 12:53:30 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I ended up using a corrosive conference call for him.

I think if you shoot him from outside the door, the damage gets reflected back to you. I was dying even when he wasn't attacking me.
  • SomaticSense 23 Nov 2012 13:13:01 7,047 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    Both DLCs appear to cut off at around level 30 in playthrough one. It scales all the way up to level 50 in playthrough two.
    What a shitty design decision. Why not scale the missions up if the player has finished the vanilla campaign? All it does is screw the balancing for those who don't like or want to play on TVHM.

Both DLCs have been ruined for me for this reason. Either they are pathetically easy, obscenely hard, or fuck with the balancing for the rest of the game if you do them mid-main quest.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Nov 2012 13:24:13 3,821 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    What a shitty design decision. Why not scale the missions up if the player has finished the vanilla campaign? All it does is screw the balancing for those who don't like or want to play on TVHM.

Both DLCs have been ruined for me for this reason. Either they are pathetically easy, obscenely hard, or fuck with the balancing for the rest of the game if you do them mid-main quest.
    I had this problem in BL1 with the dr ned expansion. I was far overlevelled. I even skipped all the sidemissions too but was still earning xp like a boss.  The only dlc that worked was the knoxx as it started above 50.

Ive haven't even played the claptrap one. Ill wait to see if I ever play bl1 again.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• dsmx 23 Nov 2012 13:44:50 7,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    strange ecureuil I was standing behind the door and left a gap just big enough to fire shots through and I didn't get any rebounded damage.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Schmove 23 Nov 2012 14:57:54 107 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So is there an ideal time to play through the DLC so you aren't over/under levelled?

The levelling system on this game is the thing i find most infuriating, I don't mind being slightly under levelled as its more of a challenge but as I've been messing about a lot and doing every side mission going I feel I'm somewhat punished as most of the enemies are too easy and the loot is often mediocre...
  • ecureuil 23 Nov 2012 15:00:04 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The loot is mediocre no matter what level you're at. The ideal level for the DLC's is level 50, PT2.5.
  • Schmove 23 Nov 2012 15:05:54 107 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I have a co-op game going with a friend and some of the loot we get is pretty good, but because I'm overlevelled for much of my single player missions I get pretty crappy loot. Love the game though, will have to see if it holds my interest long enough to get to level 50 though before I buy the DLC I guess.
  • ecureuil 23 Nov 2012 15:23:40 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What level are you at now?
  • Schmove 23 Nov 2012 15:29:53 107 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    34 on my first play through!
  • ecureuil 23 Nov 2012 15:31:43 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your character is about to get awesome. :)
  • crashVoodoo 23 Nov 2012 19:29:52 3,821 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ive just dinged 29 after completing data mining.  Was a fair old fight and I wasnt expecting a vist back to fyrestone. Shits changed!

Took my by surprised when I wandered into the original start location and that big fucker dropped in.  I got blasted back next to a fence and he couldnt hit me.  So I cheesed the shit out of it.  No decent loot.

I have finally opened the golden case. Got an awesome electro sniper and smg at my level.  They do some serious damage.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• dsmx 23 Nov 2012 19:42:17 7,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some of those skills on the gunzerkers skill tree make for some rather high damage numbers, managed to get a 4 MILLION damage headshot earlier.

• oldschoolsoviet 24 Nov 2012 01:03:05 5,415 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fired through the TORGUE EXPLOSIVENESS this evening with Preach. Avoided the side missions in the hope they'd rank up to Lv50 - they didn't. The only complaint I've really got. Preach complained of a slideshow framerate during the final boss, nowt to do with my double-MIRV and CC combo I hope......

Definitely great, and kept us chuckling throughout. From pure OTT silliness to typical nods/easter eggs, and the Terminator-esque synth in one area was rather nice. But I'll still be heading back to stealth-farm the Pirate treasure, and await a true loot-fest. Saw our first ever green artifact, and a Chubby Rakk, but it wasn't enough.

That, and I don't rate Torgue weapons.
  • ecureuil 24 Nov 2012 10:43:22 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every so often the Torgue weapons are amazing. Make sure you get a top level Evil Smasher, which is a quest reward from The Chosen One, which Marcus offers you once you reach Sawtooth. It looks like vendor trash at first, but it has a secret ability. When you reload it, it has a (small) chance of buffing the stats massively. It will add 20 to the magazine size, the accuracy will become MUCH better, and best of all, it gets an incredible damage buff. If you ever get stuck on a boss, this gun can solve all your problems.
  • MadCaddy13 24 Nov 2012 11:21:15 1,840 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't like the levelling on this. I'm lvl 34 with zero and I've done the last boss so I thought I'd go to oasis for the first time but all the enemies are like 4 or 5 levels below me :/
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2012 11:29:33 6,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So go to NG+ and fast-travel there whenever you get to the first station.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2012 11:34:03 6,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Every so often the Torgue weapons are amazing. Make sure you get a top level Evil Smasher, which is a quest reward from The Chosen One, which Marcus offers you once you reach Sawtooth. It looks like vendor trash at first, but it has a secret ability. When you reload it, it has a (small) chance of buffing the stats massively. It will add 20 to the magazine size, the accuracy will become MUCH better, and best of all, it gets an incredible damage buff. If you ever get stuck on a boss, this gun can solve all your problems.
    Have they fixed the bug with that gun yet? It's where all those youtube videos of people ever-so-originally dropping raid bosses in two rocket launcher hits come from.
  • MadCaddy13 24 Nov 2012 11:34:55 1,840 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What put me off that idea is that it'll be too hard and everyone will be a few levels above. I'm currently getting my ass handed to me on NG but ill try it
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2012 11:37:56 6,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh make no mistake, you will get your arse handed to you for the first little bit. But then you get some appropriately leveled guns and it becomes much more doable.
  • ecureuil 24 Nov 2012 11:39:49 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Have they fixed the bug with that gun yet? It's where all those youtube videos of people ever-so-originally dropping raid bosses in two rocket launcher hits come from.
    I don't think it's been fixed. How do you do that bug anyway? I've had it happen once (where it applied the smasher effects to my other guns), but I can't figure out how to make it happen.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Nov 2012 11:53:06 6,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I don't think it's been fixed. How do you do that bug anyway? I've had it happen once (where it applied the smasher effects to my other guns), but I can't figure out how to make it happen.
    If it still works:

1) Reload the Smasher until you get the little explosion that signifies the super clip. You can interrupt the animation with a melee attack if you don't get it, so no ammo is wasted.
    2) When the little explosion happens, press the button (or mousewheel) to cycle to your next weapon.
    3) During the weapon switching animation, open the inventory. Swap the Smasher (or the weapon you switched to, I forget) with a weapon you want to give super-powers to. If successful, you will notice that the gun has a larger magazine than usual.
    4) Enjoy having a gun that occasionally loads a clip that is larger, 100% accurate, no recoil, and does 10x damage with every single shot. Oh, and that doesn't suck in its normal form, unlike the Smasher.

I think it changes back if you reload or switch weapons.

Be aware that this makes the game ridiculously easy, particularly if you had a gun that had a huge magazine size in the first place. I had a few laughs with it, but one-shotting everything isn't all that fun for me.

But to each his own!

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:53:56 24-11-2012
  • ecureuil 24 Nov 2012 12:09:51 76,017 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers. I'm sure I've had it happen randomly when using the Smasher, I ended up with a Jakobs revolver with 36 rounds in it but I didn't do any menu switching.
  • Page

of 153 First / Last