Borderlands 2 Page 109

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• jambii267 14 Nov 2012 15:22:40 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Buffing Bosses, Nerfing The Bee shield, Not Increasing the drop rates only means one thing.

More Duping.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• ecureuil 14 Nov 2012 15:55:18 76,809 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Nerfed the power levelling exploit too. Guess I'm pretty much done with this game now.

The fixes make sense I suppose, but they all make the game less fun and more tedious. Using the flesh stick exploit was cheap, but allowed you to get characters to high levels without playing through the story 10 times. You could get extra bank space by farming Terramorphous for eridium. They limited the inventory so mules are a must, now you have to grind through the story for the nth time just to get enough eridium to buy the inventory upgrades and bank slots. It wouldn't have hurt the game to keep these exploits in, just throw us a bone for christssake. It's bad enough you have to play a three hour long intro every time you start a new playthrough.
    Yeah I think I'm the same. I can't bring myself to finish Scarlett on my TVHM because they seem to have decided "We should do all that stuff people hate from MMORPGS" for no particular reason.

I don't really have any comlaints about the game as a packaged product though. Completed it with 3 characters with over 100 hours and enjoyed most of it (although TVHM became a real slog). If there was no 'end game' and just a credits roll after all of those playthroughs I'd have been entirely satisfied.

I'll probably be back for the next big DLC.
    Yeah I don't understand it really. I mean, I can understand why they'd fix bugs with the game, but everything they've done has undoubtedly made the game less fun. In the first game there were two big exploits with regards to end-game content. One was being able to access Knoxx's armory repeatedly, and the other was being able to find a safe spot from which to kill Crawmerax. These bugs were never fixed. They had ample chance to fix them, but they chose to leave them in the game.

That's why the final quest in the Scarlett's Booty DLC surprised me. They did the exact same thing as in Knoxx - you can beat the quest, beat it again, then it's gone for good. Would it really have been so bad to allow players to replay this quest over and over again? This is what end-game content SHOULD be. Not overpowered, cheap raid bosses and a requirement to kill the same enemies hundreds of times. When they didn't fix the Knoxx's armory glitch, I took that as meaning they'd realised how much Borderlands fans want to be able to repeatedly access a loot room. They actually then put a repeatedly lootable room in the Claptrap DLC, which nobody ever complained about. And the Scarlett DLC actually has enforced grinding of their raid bosses as a requirement for the seraph items. I think they've really misjudged a lot of aspects of this game tbh. It's a shame.

Edited by ecureuil at 17:30:49 14-11-2012
  • Mayhem64 14 Nov 2012 17:28:36 667 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah... I don't think I'll be getting any seraph crystals or using the shop. You could only really beat both raid bosses in the DLC with the over powered tactics. At least you will be able to beat them in Normal mode for the achievement.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Ged42 14 Nov 2012 20:27:45 7,731 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Another bunch of codes

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ9
  • wobbly_Bob 14 Nov 2012 21:32:33 1,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ged42 wrote:
    Another bunch of codes

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ9
    ps3 code is missing a number on the end. It should be kcz99 :)
  • Mola_Ram 14 Nov 2012 23:15:25 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Guess who's going to power level all their characters to Level 50 before the 360 patch hits?

Seriously Gearbox?
    You're seriously annoyed at them for fixing a levelling exploit? There's an argument for letting people play the game the way they want to play it (although it's harder to make that case for glitches that weren't actually intended to be a part of the experience), and one might prefer that they left those things in there. But there's a difference between that and actually getting pissy at them for fixing it.

Clearly that exploit was not meant to be a part of their game, so I reckon it's perfectly understandable that they want it out of there. Were there similar reactions to them fixing that thing where you could get hundreds of golden keys for free?

Besides, I'm sure people will figure out some new way to cheat. Hell, they probably already have. Just move on to whatever the next exploit is.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 00:57:37 15-11-2012
  • khaz 15 Nov 2012 04:13:39 2,785 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well before the Tediore reload fix, the current exploit was using the babymaker with any decent amp shield (Aka The Bee) and just ruining anything in your way in one reload essentially.

I'm amazed no one has made a loot manager mod like the one modders have made for Skyrim and Titan Quest: IT. Its like people are already giving up on BL2. Did BL1 have a healthy mod scene(as I never played it)?

Edited by khaz at 04:19:38 15-11-2012
  • Mola_Ram 15 Nov 2012 04:18:45 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I didn't even know that you could mod these games. I've never seen any.
  • khaz 15 Nov 2012 04:27:15 2,785 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just did a quick look at moddb and doesn't seem like it. Isn't BL1/2 running on the Unreal engine? Its hardly difficult to mod.
  • ecureuil 15 Nov 2012 08:11:23 76,809 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should have left the levelling exploit in IMO. Seems ridiculous to have such a tiny maximum inventory that people are forced to create mules just to hold all their stuff, then have a system that requires you to play for 30 hours just to be able to level up your backpack and bank to the point where your extra character can actually function as a mule. It's unnecessarily punishing. Not sure what they expected people to do once they beat Terramorphous, perhaps they wanted people to start a brand new character.
  • themanfromdelmonte 15 Nov 2012 22:11:33 578 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Completed playthrough 1 with my 2nd character, a Mechromancer. Another thoroughly enjoyable playthrough, warrior dropped a legendary shotgun (not a Conference Call, some kind of Flacker).

#whatsallthefussabout?
  • Ged42 15 Nov 2012 22:14:46 7,731 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One of Dr. Ned's patients gets some flowers.

• ecureuil 15 Nov 2012 23:39:47 76,809 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    themanfromdelmonte wrote:
    Completed playthrough 1 with my 2nd character, a Mechromancer. Another thoroughly enjoyable playthrough, warrior dropped a legendary shotgun (not a Conference Call, some kind of Flacker).

#whatsallthefussabout?
    Warrior has a 50/50 chance of dropping an orange when you kill him with the moonshot. Every other time his drop rate is garbage. People have reported killing him over 2000 times and still nothing to show for it.
  • ResidentKnievel 15 Nov 2012 23:42:30 6,198 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think people who have defeated the Warrior 2000 times should be listened to

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Mola_Ram 16 Nov 2012 00:10:37 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think maybe Gearbox doesn't understand just how many obsessives play their game. Perhaps they don't read forums, or they do read them and (possibly correctly) surmise that the people who want oranges to drop like confetti as they did in the first game are a vocal minority, and the majority are those who don't feel they need to collect everything in order to enjoy the game.

This drop rate problem (if you see it as that; I've gotten several orange weapons, and only grinded for a short time for a couple) could probably be easily "fixed". That they haven't done so is indication that they don't see it as a problem.
  • ecureuil 16 Nov 2012 00:46:57 76,809 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not about collecting everything, nor do people want oranges to drop like confetti. It's an issue with the fundamental mechanics of the loot system which I've explained a bunch of times. It's a problem that reduces the available loot pool, reduces the interesting variables on every weapon class, changes the weapon tiers and encourages repetitive grinding to create an undeniably unrewarding loot system for post-50 gameplay.

It's not about "obsessives" either (what does that even mean?), and the people defending this most ridiculous of loot systems are continually trying to paint "complainers" as having OCD and wanting easy items to complete their collections. It misses the point spectacularly. How about giving a properly explained reason as to why this is a good system, aside from claiming you think it's fine cause you found a few orange weapons once.
  • MadCaddy13 16 Nov 2012 07:33:33 1,922 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought everyone got the same weapon when you kill the warrior - an orange sniprr
  • crashVoodoo 16 Nov 2012 07:40:59 3,908 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I think maybe Gearbox doesn't understand just how many obsessives play their game. Perhaps they don't read forums, or they do read them and (possibly correctly) surmise that the people who want oranges to drop like confetti as they did in the first game are a vocal minority, and the majority are those who don't feel they need to collect everything in order to enjoy the game.

This drop rate problem (if you see it as that; I've gotten several orange weapons, and only grinded for a short time for a couple) could probably be easily "fixed". That they haven't done so is indication that they don't see it as a problem.
    Hmm ... lets test the theory.

/looks through thread

326 unique posters
    Only Ecu complaining about drop rates

;-D I kid I kid

Jokes aside I might farm the bee today.  Dropping my son off a nursery and I have got a solid 7 hours of game time. Very rare for me.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 07:46:13 16-11-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Shikasama 16 Nov 2012 08:29:48 6,835 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ;-D I kid I kid

Jokes aside I might farm the bee today.  Dropping my son off a nursery and I have got a solid 7 hours of game time. Very rare for me.
    And that's the best thing you can think of doing with it? Repeatedly killing the same enemy in the hope that a nerfed shield drops?

My fucking word, is it any wonder the industry is the way it is.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 08:55:41
    Fucking awesome?

:D
  • onestepfromlost 16 Nov 2012 11:07:17 2,063 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ;-D I kid I kid

And that's the best thing you can think of doing with it? Repeatedly killing the same enemy in the hope that a nerfed shield drops?

Toally id have spent at least 6 hours wanking!
  • mikeck 16 Nov 2012 11:59:48 1,936 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ;-D I kid I kid

Yup. I'f you're not just shooting out little 'pffts' of air, you've not been doing it enough.
  • Adamical 16 Nov 2012 13:06:56 314 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ;-D I kid I kid

Yup. I'f you're not just shooting out little 'pffts' of air, you've not been doing it enough.
    :lol:
  • ecureuil 16 Nov 2012 15:30:27 76,809 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New DLC has a shop that always gives you a legendary as item of the day. Though you can only purchase using the torgue currency, which will probably be as annoying to collect as seraph crystals.
  • khaz 16 Nov 2012 16:03:43 2,785 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gearbox seem to be intent on killing their game of to prepare for Borderlands 3 asap.
  • themanfromdelmonte 16 Nov 2012 16:28:20 578 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's not about collecting everything, nor do people want oranges to drop like confetti. It's an issue with the fundamental mechanics of the loot system which I've explained a bunch of times. It's a problem that reduces the available loot pool, reduces the interesting variables on every weapon class, changes the weapon tiers and encourages repetitive grinding to create an undeniably unrewarding loot system for post-50 gameplay.

It's not about "obsessives" either (what does that even mean?), and the people defending this most ridiculous of loot systems are continually trying to paint "complainers" as having OCD and wanting easy items to complete their collections. It misses the point spectacularly. How about giving a properly explained reason as to why this is a good system, aside from claiming you think it's fine cause you found a few orange weapons once.
    Like grenades, or are they not weapons?

If you don't know what people mean when they say "Obsessives.", how can you state it's not about that. And knowing the minutea of various gun parts in a video game really, really is obsessive behaviour.

If you've been through PT1 & 2, you've really had a damn sight more play for your money than most AAA titles these days. Gearbox really don't owe you anything.
  • richardiox 16 Nov 2012 17:01:36 5,596 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    I don't think people who have defeated the Warrior 2000 times should be listened to
    This. Funny that Gearbox fixing exploits causes such outrage. Not from people who enjoy the game for what is in / what Gearbox intended but from those who think the "fun" only comes from having 5 level 50 characters, equipment mules and every legendary weapon they've put in the game. Cause it's a shit title without those things right?

And Ecu - the fact your so caught up in this that you quote someone has beaten the same boss 2,000 times shows that you are obsessive. You think the game is broken because you can't have EVERYTHING and that it "forces" people to spend literally hundreds of hours farming a boss to get a fucking shield. You blame Gearbox for forcing people to do that.

"mwahh you've made the rare shit so rare I have to exploit the systems to get what I want"
    "mwahh you've closed the exploits there's no point in playing any more"

That you can't reflect this is obsessive behaviour is baffling. It's also an extension of the gamer entitlement syndrome which was summed up by the Fable 2 ending fiasco
    "boohoo I chose one ending and the consequences therein but I wanted my cake AND to eat it - patch it in for me Lionhead"...and they did.

Edited by richardiox at 17:09:39 16-11-2012
  • stephenb 16 Nov 2012 17:11:21 2,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ecureuil

I'd go out on a limb and say obsessives are people who would kill the warrior 2000 bloody times!

2000!? really?

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• crashVoodoo 16 Nov 2012 17:17:07 3,908 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    ;-D I kid I kid

Well not the best thing but i do want a decent amp shield as i cant find one anywhere so

Anyways so much for getting my 'old macdonald' on. Ive finally gone to lynchwood a few ranks too early and got a right old challenge on.

Everything was lvl24 and i was only 21. Good job id respec'd for sniper and was doing quite a lot of damage (for me). Wish id gone somebody other tham axton now tho :-/

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:29:06 16-11-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Page

of 154 First / Last