Borderlands 2 Page 107

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• MadCaddy13 6 Nov 2012 07:46:30 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I bought this for other reasons than looting. I got it for the story and awesome graphics. To me looting was the bonus. I will never farm for anything!
  • King_Edward 6 Nov 2012 07:48:42 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't be bothered to finish games I don't like anymore. I do however have the ability to bitch relentlessly about shit I don't like.
  • Deleted user 6 November 2012 07:59:08
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Whatever makes you feel happy, I guess. But it really seems like you hate this game! And yet here you are, however many dozens of hours later. Still here, and still making exactly the same points.

If you don't like it, why don't you stop and play something you enjoy? That's pretty much what I do in most cases.
    Listen if I want to complain about this game I'll bloody well complain about it on the internet. I like complaining, it makes me fell better.

/complains
  • DjFlex52 6 Nov 2012 08:10:07 120 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enjoyment of a game is out of the question.

Complaining about playing a game I don't like is where it's at o.O
  • Shikasama 6 Nov 2012 08:26:30 6,277 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This internet mentality of 'you must like all of something or nothing at all u homo' really irritates me. It is entirely possible for someone to enjoy something and severely dislike certain parts of it.

Like prison rape.
  • Flying_Pig 6 Nov 2012 08:50:45 10,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a lot of fun in The Fridge last night. And found a great E-Tec SMG too :)
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2012 09:08:07 6,252 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    This internet mentality of 'you must like all of something or nothing at all u homo' really irritates me. It is entirely possible for someone to enjoy something and severely dislike certain parts of it.

Like prison rape.
    I happen to like all parts of that. When I'm the giver.

But more seriously, I get that we can have mixed feelings about a game. It's just that some people here haven't posted anything positive about the game at all. With their comments so heavily geared towards the negative, it just feels strange that they continue to play it.

But maybe the feelings are more mixed irl. I guess the Internet brings the negative things out a bit.

Anyway, I humbly withdraw earlier negativity and snarkiness. A variety of comments should be welcomed, and I might have seemed a little unwelcoming. Apologies to all concerned!
  • megalomaniacs4u 6 Nov 2012 10:29:30 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    khaz wrote:

Really? I find Loaders to be the easiest of the enemies. Corrosive weapons are so strong in BL2, they're essentially candles in the wind against them.
    True - I have burst shock sniper rifle which takes out most even if lined up 3 deep[1] in one or two burst max. Its the sheer tedious BS that I object to[2]. Warden & Bunker missions battles being the worse blighted by the respawning BS.

A recent re-run through caustic caverns (for the treasure hunt) reminded me of those wormhole thresher & unfairness...

Still on the dlc now - hopefully less BS there otherwise I'll skip directly on to Dishonored in my backlog.

[1] one of zero's skill points well spent is "bore"
    [2] If i wanted to play CoD crap push (aka respawning BS) gameplay I would but I avoid that rubbish...

Edited by megalomaniacs4u at 10:31:07 06-11-2012
  • Mayhem64 6 Nov 2012 12:23:32 649 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Huh, I was just doing the treasure hunt in CC last night as well, and hated on the Wormhole threshers hah hah... still, a few point blank shotguns got rid of them soon enough. Oddly enough, playing as Zer0 too in solo mode.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• megalomaniacs4u 6 Nov 2012 14:38:05 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You actually found a worthwhile shotgun? Uusually by the time i get sucked in its too late to swap in a shotgun (not part of my main loadout).

Typically in both BL1 + BL2 I find they are worthless (which is weird as they are usually my weapon of choice in most FPS game)
  • Vortex808 6 Nov 2012 14:52:04 6,567 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After complaining about rifles last week, I finally found one I'm really chuffed with last night. It hits quite hard, has minimal recoil, a decent clip and sights and flames 'em up a treat.

Add on my fire rate increase after each kill and combine it with my new shock shotgun and I'm having lots of fun with shielded pirates in the DLC.

:)
  • Mayhem64 6 Nov 2012 17:04:29 649 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My assassin (level 31) is rocking quite a good slag rifle currently, does about 600 damage with a 60% chance to slag, and a big clip. It's E-Tech, so that mean 2 bullets per shot, which is about the only con.

megalomaniacs4u wrote:
    You actually found a worthwhile shotgun? Uusually by the time i get sucked in its too late to swap in a shotgun (not part of my main loadout).
    Jakobs shotgun, does about 2,200 damage per shot, 5 in the magazine, fire rate of about 17 so you can unleash all of them in about a second heh. And the reload speed is 1.7 so not very long before you can shoot again.

I was running around with the shotgun for almost all of CC anyhow, as it's great against varkids, threshers, spiderants and crystaliks...

Edited by Mayhem64 at 17:05:36 06-11-2012

• ecureuil 6 Nov 2012 17:08:31 76,024 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new patch on Xbox fixes the graveyard bug. If you've already had this bug and lost your character it's never coming back, but at least it won't happen again.
  • Kujata 6 Nov 2012 19:07:27 2,241 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    \o/ Downloaded Graveyard patch.

/o\ Had BA rank, gold keys and heads/skins reset.

Erm, thanks.
  • Ged42 6 Nov 2012 19:14:38 7,642 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got a really nice level 50 purple Tediore shotgun from the gold key chest, insta kills most normal enemies and its looks really classy when you finish off a Buzzard by hurling it into their engines.
  • Gambit1977 6 Nov 2012 22:35:23 9,568 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not impressed with the endgame bug :-(
    Annoying!!!!!
  • myk 6 Nov 2012 22:41:35 541 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've discovered the joy of using the law & order combo with my assassin (with 800%+ melee from mods/skill). The only problem will come in a couple of levels time when the shield is totally outclassed. Until then health from melee is awesome.
  • MadCaddy13 7 Nov 2012 08:59:15 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    myk wrote:
    I've discovered the joy of using the law
  • Mayhem64 7 Nov 2012 12:06:25 649 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Farmed the Bee last night, only took a few attempts. Holy crap... it changes the way you play to a degree, but it makes life so much easier... given my current rocket launcher is 2500 x 6, then it really made the Warrior like a pussy cat...

• erekose200 10 Nov 2012 03:25:29 81 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It seems like people want the orange drop rate to be equivalent to the blues and purples. I don't really get it, I've finished the game with little problem on TVHM without using any oranges so it's not like you need them. The one orange I got (rapid infinity) I found dull to use.

Besides, these guns are 'legendary' for a reason. If you start making them appear more often they cease to be rare/legendary. It's the low drop rate which makes getting them so special.

Personally I find the point to be less about collecting all the best kit per se and more about making the best of what you've got. Hell, it looks like much of the top stuff is game breaking anyway.. more then one orange in a set-up must make the game pointlessly easy.

Each to their own though I guess.

Edited by erekose200 at 03:33:29 10-11-2012

Edited by erekose200 at 03:34:20 10-11-2012
  • jambii267 10 Nov 2012 05:39:37 1,306 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think people just want to see the crazy guns without tedious amounts of farming, can't really blame them can you?

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• MadCaddy13 10 Nov 2012 09:27:11 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't farm. Simple
    I can't believe people do it. Just for a frickin orange gun. When they start playing on another game they must think 'why the fuck did I do all that useless farming shit?' I know I would of
  • Jazzassin 10 Nov 2012 11:42:42 75 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Don't farm. Simple
    I can't believe people do it. Just for a frickin orange gun. When they start playing on another game they must think 'why the fuck did I do all that useless farming shit?' I know I would of
    So you play each game just once for the story? Fine by me.

Just try to accept the fact that other people play games for different reasons and in different ways.
  • MadCaddy13 10 Nov 2012 12:00:03 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I try to get into it again but I usually get bored halfway through and play something else.
    If people are enjoying farming then by all means - use a plough! Buy some cattle! Get stuck in. But if they are slowly losing their minds by trying to get some gun that kills someone slightly differently then they need to rethink their lives
  • ecureuil 10 Nov 2012 12:25:21 76,024 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's the point. Neither solution is satisfactory. I'm not wasting my time farming for the guns, but it just means I don't get the good items.
  • themanfromdelmonte 10 Nov 2012 13:31:08 540 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the disparity is happening because people who were farming the 1st game. Have for the majority of time been farming Crawmerax at lvl 69. The endgame we currently have is not the same as the endgame they're comparing it to.

The big difference for me, is in the vending machines and chests. It's very rare to see something decent in a vender. The chests don't give the same sense of discovery as the 1st game. But I really can't see much of a difference in the enemy drop rate. I've not been farming though.
  • Shikasama 10 Nov 2012 13:39:13 6,277 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Farm guns to help you kill the bosses you have to kill to farm the guns easier.

Cos its fun.
  • ecureuil 10 Nov 2012 14:01:57 76,024 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Compared to the first game, where orange guns were all over the place. In the first game in PT2.5, I'd go through all my favourite levels just for the fun of playing the game. You'd get great drops and more fun weapons with varying effects, some you'd never seen before, it was just about the enjoyment of actually playing the game. Now in BL2, your entire end-game consists of fighting the same bosses repeatedly and figuring out the fastest way to get to that boss while killing as little as possible along the way. The really frustrating thing is the gameplay is better in BL2.
  • ecureuil 10 Nov 2012 18:02:22 76,024 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :)

Edited by ecureuil at 18:03:09 10-11-2012
  • Page

of 153 First / Last