Borderlands 2 Page 83

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• riz23 10 Oct 2012 11:40:50 1,293 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @fragglerocks Did you get a resolution to this? My mate had it happen as well. Says the cost is -1 pts and as you say, the required balance is 4294967295pts. Which we worked out was 71,000 pounds!

Edit: He has the vault hunters edition if that means anything.

Edited by riz23 at 12:07:22 10-10-2012
  • Blerk Moderator 10 Oct 2012 11:58:49 48,225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had the exact same thing last night too, seems like a cock-up on Microsoft's end.

Applied the patch and Mechromancer DLC fine, but the compatibility add-on turned up later and then wouldn't install.
  • riz23 10 Oct 2012 12:18:26 1,293 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just tried it myself (Praise the Sun for days off work!) and it seemed fine. Probably fixed?
  • Jazzassin 10 Oct 2012 12:25:48 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On Ps3 the only odd thing I noticed after applying the patch was that my Gunzerker's skill points had been reset.
  • robthehermit 10 Oct 2012 16:00:09 4,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From justpushstart.com :

oday saw the (early) release of the Mechromancer, a new class for players to use in their vault hunting adventures in Borderlands 2, but what also came today was a patch for Borderlands 2. Within this patch was not only new trophies/achievements for an upcoming downloadable content pack, but also a fair amount of actual information regarding it.

First off, none of this is as of yet confirmed, and may change between now and the release of this content. Contained within the contents of the PC files of Borderlands 2 there is quite a lot of new info about an upcoming content pack. It appears that there will be many new additions to the game, including but not limited to:

A “Seraph Crystal Vendor” who “sells top level gear but only accepts Seraph Crystals in payment. Earn more Seraph Crystals by slaying Seraph Guardians.”

A new boss farming lockout of some sort, that will disallow players from killing certain bosses more than once a day.

New raid bosses such as Hyperius and Master Gee the Invincible.

New character heads on the Pirate theme (sneak peak below)

A new rarity level, similar to how Pearlescent guns were added to Borderlands via DLC later in the game’s life span. Believed to be classified as “Seraph” and have a light pink color classification text.

A new vehicle currently only known as “Hovercraft”.

A new area named “Oasis”.

Three new trophies/achievements

Link (with a picture of the awesome new heads)

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• MistaGav 10 Oct 2012 16:21:11 90 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arg I really wanna try out the Mechromancer but I don't want to do a full playthrough again. Trouble is I've also finished the flesh stick quest with both mine and my brothers characters...so now what?!
  • Tabasco 10 Oct 2012 18:22:36 5,780 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was pretty interested in getting the Mechromancer but not at that fucking price. Guess I'll need to wait for a good steam sale.
  • Vortex808 10 Oct 2012 18:37:03 7,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trying to download the compatibility pack. The servers must be getting hit hard, it's taking flipping ages!

Fingers crossed for no badass rank reset...
  • ecureuil 10 Oct 2012 18:42:30 76,824 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It took ages when I downloaded it this afternoon, too.
  • SomaticSense 10 Oct 2012 19:05:23 8,340 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry if I'm slow on the whole gaming news front, but what's the deal with the Golden Keys?

I got two keys (one for the Premium Club, and one for signing up to Shift via the Extras menu), and used one already. So the golden chest is sitting there tempting me to use my last key, but I've no idea when/if I'll be getting another.

How exactly does the whole Shift thing work? Do they email codes to you in set periods (not recieved an email yet), or are they only for rewarding specific community achievements? I checked the site, and there is only a profile edit option and not much else.

/confused
  • Vortex808 10 Oct 2012 19:08:25 7,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, all downloaded and loaded it up to check.

My badass-ness was retained, so the update etc doesn't seem to have had any effect.

/Breathes a sigh of relief
  • Vortex808 10 Oct 2012 19:11:04 7,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Sorry if I'm slow on the whole gaming news front, but what's the deal with the Golden Keys?

I got two keys (one for the Premium Club, and one for signing up to Shift via the Extras menu), and used one already. So the golden chest is sitting there tempting me to use my last key, but I've no idea when/if I'll be getting another.

How exactly does the whole Shift thing work? Do they email codes to you in set periods (not recieved an email yet), or are they only for rewarding specific community achievements? I checked the site, and there is only a profile edit option and not much else.

/confused
    They were releasing codes over twitter. They were valid for a single use over a few hours.

Folk were posting them here and you add them via the extras bit on the main screen. They were quite prolific on release, but seem to only be a few at the weekend now.
  • SomaticSense 10 Oct 2012 19:35:44 8,340 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So basically they are extremely limited, are first come first served, and only for those social media types? Well that sucks.

What about those who are too busy playing BL2 to stalk their Twitter feeds?
  • fletch7100 10 Oct 2012 19:40:40 7,320 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense

The codes are usually available for 3 hours. One use per account. Someone usually post the codes on here
  • Vortex808 10 Oct 2012 19:41:44 7,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:

I check EG periodically to see if anyone has posted any codes as I play.    :D

And shrug if I miss them
  • AccidentProne 10 Oct 2012 19:41:53 1,163 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, they usually get posted in this thread by helpful types and anyone can use them within the few hour window that they're active. Only snagged a couple myself, but they usually say what time they'll be released at weekends n stuff.
  • Knighty 10 Oct 2012 20:27:37 981 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think when I downloaded the compatability update it actually credited my account by 120 points - so that's weird. But good.

I think it also gave me 3 badass tokens for some reason - pretty sure they weren't there when I was playing earlier!

Edited by Knighty at 21:30:14 10-10-2012
  • ecureuil 10 Oct 2012 20:35:16 76,824 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    So basically they are extremely limited, are first come first served, and only for those social media types? Well that sucks.

Randy Pitchford has been saying that the keys he's been making available on twitter so far is just a stress test for their servers, so think of it as a beta. If (or when) they extend this further, then it won't just be limited to twitter.
  • bbvDJC 10 Oct 2012 23:11:00 1,720 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've had to stop playing my Commando, if I deploy one more turret I'm going to cave his head in.

Back to my Siren I think.
  • mcmothercruncher 10 Oct 2012 23:16:16 7,084 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it just me, or does anyone else's heart sink when they pop a chest and, yes, its a load of fucking pistols AGAIN...?
  • bbvDJC 10 Oct 2012 23:19:07 1,720 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And me.

I've been looking for a decent SMG to replace my low level orange one for ages but all I find it goddamn pistols.
  • puddleduck 10 Oct 2012 23:28:48 1,854 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not me... I love pistols haha

I think it's left over from all my years spent playing Goldeneye with nothing but pistols on licence to kill mode.

Love 'em.
  • Tryhard 10 Oct 2012 23:53:19 3,976 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Funny, all I get is shotguns.
  • bbvDJC 10 Oct 2012 23:58:12 1,720 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All that has dropped for me tonight is assault rifles now, I am level six though.
  • MadCaddy13 11 Oct 2012 00:10:15 1,931 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I get a load of shottys usually - never use um. Those, rifles and rocket launchers.
  • Adamical 11 Oct 2012 00:13:27 314 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I must say, there seems to be far fewer gun chests in BL2 - the red ones, I mean, not the stupid grey ones - and even then most of them are filled with crap.

Most the weapons I use have been dropped by enemies, which is a little more rewarding, I guess.
  • Metalfish 11 Oct 2012 00:30:33 8,819 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's loads! Very few of the "classic" ones, but plenty of the Dahl chests and hyperion upright ones, not to mention the wierder car boot ones.
  • fragglerocks 11 Oct 2012 00:46:02 302 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @riz23 it's fixed now.
  • fragglerocks 11 Oct 2012 00:47:42 302 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Isn't it so sad when a beloved gun starts being under level. I have a lovely orange corrosive sniper then helped me take down bunker and it's just not good enough anymore :(
  • Adamical 11 Oct 2012 00:51:41 314 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    There's loads! Very few of the "classic" ones, but plenty of the Dahl chests and hyperion upright ones, not to mention the wierder car boot ones.
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy any chest, but it's only the red ones that get me properly excited (except the ones with breasts), which is probably as a result of their abundance in BL1.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last